Fighting the Losing Battle

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Evelyn tried to imagine this base as Alex described it and thought through the way to get there. She didn't really want to split up with the others, she had never really been on her own before for pretty much any amount of time. She hoped she wouldn't get lost and wouldn't have to alone for long since the town had many humans in it and they still managed to frighten her.

~

Alex raised one of her eyebrows at Rachael's sarcasm and crossed her arms, "A small jump shouldn't kill you. I'm sure you've all been fine through worse." She waved her hand dismissively at the scouts. "When you get to the wharf remember to be careful, many people have tried to get in here before and, well… we're still waiting on them to return." She added seriously. "Good luck, be safe and get back as soon as you can." She dismissed.

Blue nodded to Rin and skipped up onto the deck where Alex was holding a meeting. She stuck herself in the middle of the meeting to get their attention "I'll lower the ship when you're ready to jump off" with that said she jumped out of the middle of the meeting and skipped over to the railing and looked over. She smiled to herself looking over she loved the sights she could see up in the sky.

Soon enough she stepped away and looked for the best place to put the hammock, the easiest place would be to tie around the masts so she snapped her fingers and little spiderbots appeared with a hammock. Blue jumped for joy as she watched.

The Spiderbots split of in two teams stretching and pulling the hammock to set into place. "Good job ladies" and gave the spiderbots a wink as they disappeared in the cracks of the ship. Blue went back to the railing and watched the view waiting for Rin to show up.

Scrubz looked down at Juvo, "Well kid, lets pick something up from my cabin up first, then we have to wait on deck for a bit". Scrubz slowly started to walk in the direction to his cabin with his hand held down in the right angle if Juvo wanted to grab it. It was a comfy position for him so it didn't matter if he took it or not.

Juvo nodded and followed about 5 paces behind Scrubs while they walked down the hall. He was staring at Scrubs hand which was clearly held out for him to take should he want to, the problem was Juvo didn't know if he wanted to or not. Maybe he would just leave the hand for now and if he wanted it later maybe Scrubz would offer it again? He didn't know, really Juvo just needed to give Scrubz the slip so he could follow Rachael.

Scrubz led Juvo out on the deck and saw the others having their meeting and he didn't want to disturb them so he left them to it. As they entered the cabin he noticed the Rin and the human wasn't there but he knew Blue better and she probably moved them. As he looked at the chests his face went stern and with a scratch of his head couldn't remember which chest it was.

"Have a seat Juvo". Scrubz suggested pointing at a chest "Won't be long" he muttered afterwards "I hope". As he went for the furthest chest a slight click happened under his foot when he was right next to the chest. He closed his eyes tightly and in frustration said "Oh f....." and Scrubz disappeared in thin air.

Alex looked over to Blue when she walked over to them and nodded, "Ok, that works better. Thank you." She told her then looked back to the others. "Well I guess you don't have to jump after all, get ready to head out." With that she walked back over to Blue and tapped on her shoulder, actually trying to make an attempt to not seem so mean like she usually looked. It ended up not working too well but it was good enough to see a slight difference. "Could you start lowering the ship for them? I would like them to set out as soon as they can since it's already been a few days since I was told of this mission."

~

Evelyn grinned to Blue when she said she'd lower the ship for them. She would have figured out some way to jump off and be fine thanks to the fact that she seems to always land on her feet for some reason but she was still very glad that she wouldn't have to. "Yay! Thank you Blue!" She called out to her happily.

Blue was happily looking at the view when someone gave her a little tap. She thought she felt Alex walking up to her; she slowly turned round as Alex spoke. She answered "that be no problem Alex I see a perfect place to be lowered down." She pointed over in the general direction "I think it's about an hour walk from there, Alex".

She glanced around on the ship and sighed followed up by a giggle. "I'm sorry Alex" Blue placed her hand on Alex's arm "something has happened and it requires my attention, but it can wait till I drop of the scout party". Still giggling the ship moved by itself with very high speed and was hovering just above the ground.

Blue snapped her fingers and ladders folded out for people to get off. She thought she better help her Captain even though it's his own fault but she let him sweat for a little while.

Juvo fell backwards when the captain suddenly disappeared and he quickly scrambled to his feet and out of the room. After only a few moments he decided to see if he could still catch up with the scouts so he went to the upper deck just as the boat shot forward. Juvo had all he could do to hold back a shout. When he opened his eyes they were on the ground and the others were getting off so he snuck off too, with out making a sound.

Cordel felt a bit relieved as Blue lowered the ship for the scouts. It wasn't himself that he was worried about, but the others who didn't have the ability to fly like him. Even though he'd just barely met them, he didn't want to see any of them get hurt. When the ladders were dropped Cordel glided past them down to the ground. Once there he looked back up, waiting for the others. While watching them descend he noticed an extra person who wasn't there for the briefing. He didn't pay that fact too much mind, assuming that they had just been late or something.

Alex nodded to Blue but raised an eyebrow at her apology and how 'something has happened'. She was curious as to what could have gone wrong that it needed her attention. She was about to ask when the ship suddenly moved and Alex stumbled back, gripping the side of the ship so she wouldn't loose her balance. Once the ship was steady and not moving she spoke. "What happened?" She asked, but quickly added, "If you don't mind my asking." This being polite and kinder stuff was annoying… "And I'll help if you need it." She offered, figuring that once the scouts left there wasn't much she needed to do until they returned so she might as well make herself useful and it'd give her something to do.

~

Evelyn jumped with a small squeak when she ship flew toward the ground but steadied herself when they stopped. "Woah.. th-that was fast…" She said quietly then walked to the ladders and climbed down one, jumping a couple steps from the ground and landing next to Cordel with a smile. "That was fun!" She said happily.

Blue giggled loudly "Oh Alex" she took a deep breath but carried on giggling and placed her hand on the railing to keep her standing. She tried composing herself "Come with me you just have to see it" she rubbed her face and composed herself. "We Have to wait for Rin and and the human though, Rin should be up here soon".

Blue knew what happened with her Captain and she'll know Scrubz will see the funny side eventually.

Rin nodded her head, "Alright then. Follow me." She then looked around to see where Blue was and ran over to her. "Hey Blue!!! Sorry I took so long. The human woke up and I had to fill him in on what was happening before he had a panic attack."

~*~*~*~

Rachael nodded and then jumped over the side of the boat. She wanted to get this mission started and taking her time wasn't going to help. As soon as she hit the ground she was running through the woods to where the town was said to be. Shadows cloaked her and she disappeared in the woods.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alex was looking at her curiously as to why she was laughing so hard and so much, "Um, alright…" Now she really wanted to know what could have happened. When Blue said that they just had to wait for Rin she raised an eyebrow at that, wasn't she supposed to be watching the human? Unless she brought the human with of course. She then looked over when Rin came out onto the deck, the human following behind and her thought was proved correct. Alex stepped back so Rin and Blie could and decided simply to wait until Blue led them off to whatever it was that was making her laugh so hard.

~

Evelyn saw Rachael head off into the woods and ran after her, looking back to Cordel and waved him in the direction they were going, "Come on, Cordel! We don't want to be left behind!" With that she looked forward again and followed Rachael, glad that her feline senses also allowed her advanced smell so she could tell where Rachael was.

Last edited by a moderator:
As soon as Juvo noticed Rachel running he ran after her, making sure he made no noise. He would have easily followed her if she kept that pace... but well she disappeared as soon as she passed the tree line. He stopped and looked around but didn't see her so he decided it was a good idea to just run in the direction that she was heading. He figured she would take a straight path to this place... little did he know it wasn't straight... After a while of running he came upon a town and he ran over to the edge of the forest to look at it. This place was definitely not the target area. He looked around at the little down and slowly he stepped out and started to walk. A couple people glanced at him but no one figured he wasn't human. After all he looked like a normal boy and unless he used magic no one would ever notice.

"Rin!" Blue shouted and grabbed her hands and jumped with joy "Don't worry about it, I've got something to show you". She let go off Rin's hand and took a few steps towards the stairs "Oh and just to warn ya all were of to the dungeon, bottom level." With a wave of her hand "Follow me" she said with glee and started to skip towards the stairs leading down to the levels.

When everyone who was meant to get off the ship, it started to rise by itself at a nice steady pace away from any intruder who might be lurking.

As Blue led them down the stairs and opened the creaking door leading to the dungeon she shouted out "Hell....ooooooooo"

Somewhere in the Dungeon there was a voice "you had to come and see with your own eyes didn't you", the voice didn't sound impressed but familiar.

Blue clapped her hands together and the Dungeon lit up brightly so it didn't seem so spooky although there was a lot of torture equipment around. Blue skipped over to the voice and looked at him and burst out laughing and rolled on the floor in hysteric.

There was Scrubz hanging upside down by rope with his hands handcuffed to the floor in a cell "Yea yea laugh it up Blue, ya know I like hanging around upside down" he said sarcastically.
Scrubz tilted his head and saw more people and took a deep breath "and you HAD to bring a crowd to see my stupidity". He closed his eyes for a second, took a breath and greeted them with a smile. "Hey guys" and raised his eyebrows "How's it hanging"

Atlas followed Rin, which lead to being led to the dungeon, which lead to him observing Captain Scrubz commanding his vessel in an... Experimental new way.

Alex followed after Blue, when she mentioned that they were going to the dungeon she simply shrugged, the sight of that not bothering her at all. She continued after the others until the reached the dungeon. She walked over to Scrubz once she heard him and the lights came on. When she saw the… predicament he had gotten into she couldn't help the laugh that bubbled out of her but she quickly reached up and hid her smile behind her knuckles and stopped her laugh as well as she could. After a moment she retracted her hand and simply had a teasing smirk on her face, "Very nice, Scrubz. Very nice." She cleared her throat to stop from laughing again, "And uh, how did you get into this position?"

Reactions: Captain Scrubz
Cordel chuckled. "Sure, I guess you could call it fun." As soon as Evelyn began running he immediately flew after her. "Don't worry, I'm right behind you," he reassured her. He made sure to keep as close to Evelyn as he could, so as not to risk losing track of her. He figured it would be best for them to try to stick together. Not only did he believe in strength in numbers, but he didn't want to leave the young werecat alone in case anything were to happen to her.

Rin took one look at Scrubz hanging upside and although she tried to stop she burst into laughter. In between her laughter you could hear parts of speech. "Sorry Scruz! It's-it's just way too funny!!!" When Blue had said there was dungeon she hadn't expected the captain to be here. She did manage to stop laughing but a giant grin was on her face still that told of her amusement. "I have to agree with Alex. How did you end up hanging down here?"

Evelyn grinned at Cordel, "A'kay!" she then moved to the side to avoid a tree at the last minute. After a little more running she had reached a long stretch of brush and went down to her hands and knees to crawl under it but stopped just before going under, "You can fly above Cordel, I'll be under here!" With that she moved as quickly as she could, certain branches and such scratching her but it barely even registered to her, she was having fun. This was the first mission she truly was able to go on since before Oliver always said she was too young so she was trying to make the most out of it. Evelyn giggled to herself then stopped at the end of the brush and cocked her head to the side, her ear adjusting itself so she could hear better. After a moment she was able to hear the noises of the town they had to pass through. "Cordel!" She whispered, "We're almost to the town! I'm gonna be a cat now." She told him then silently shifted into her small cat form, stretching out to get accustomed to the new form before trotting out.

Scrubz was annoyed, more with himself than anything else "I bloody set one of my traps off and I got tele-ported in this situation"

That just made Blue laugh harder.

Scrubz rolled his eyes "Ok Ladies enough of laughing at my expense haven't we got Marvin meeting us at our "Pick up" location soon Blue".

Blue couldn't hear her Captain with her own laughter.

Scrubz knew he couldn't get through to her when she's like this and he looked over to Rin, Alex...... and Atlas. *Atlas is up* he thought, but still wasn't to sure with him. "Ladies" meaning Rin and Alex "Please do the honor and get the....". Scrubz tried to look up at his legs where the rope was wrapped around "....yea grab those purple keys from the wall behind you". I think it's number....5, maybe 6"

The purple keys behind Rin and Alex had 20 keys all on one large ring.

Status
Not open for further replies.