Fighting the Losing Battle

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rin grinned at Alex's words. "Why it would be my honor to do so for my leader. Rest assured that I will watch the human for you." Alex clearly meant to put her off of her somewhat good mood with this mission. However, Rin had already spent a reasonable amount of time with the human so it wasn't that horrible. This didn't mean she was jumping at the opportunity, the grin was merely to piss Alex off even further.

"Yea I guessed it wasn't human" Scrubz replied to Pandora "But with my experience you know the humans are not the only evil ones". Scrubz thought on *With what I've seen of this world I've seen only evil humans but I'm not going to rule the fact out that all other people are not evil*. He watched on as Evelyn was sure she can see this person. Scrubz decided to wait and see what comes of this

Pandora smirked at Evelyn "I honestly can't see it but I'am glad you can" She said as Scrubzy spoke "Oh I know it is not just humans whom are evil but for the time being let's just see what may happen" Pandora was intrigued as to what this new thing could be.

It didn't surprise Cordel much that the little girl could see him. Though he was intrigued at the fact that the other two people could sense his presence as well. They could hear his heartbeat? He had never come across a creature with such an acute sense of hearing before. As he continued to listen to them talk, he became more assured that they meant him no ill will. They were even afraid of him being evil. He couldn't help but chuckle quietly at the thought of it. In a calm tone, he spoke, "You may all rest assured, I am not an evil creature. I apologize for not introducing myself sooner, one must be cautious in order to survive in this day and age. I am Cordel." With a kindly smile he waved his tail in response to Evelyn's wave.

Alex's smile didn't waver, nor did she get angry, she got what she wanted so she didn't really much care if Rin was happy about it or not. She knew Rin must not have preferred the job and that was enough for her and now the human wouldn't be left alone which allowed the others to prepare for the fight with more ease.

~

Evelyn was saddened that Pandora couldn't also see the creature and was about to ask the Captain if he could but was cut off by the creature's speaking. She jumped at the unexpected voice and looked up at him, her smile growing wider when he waved back. "Hi! My name's Evelyn." She introduced herself happily. She then tilted her head to one side curiously, "What are you doing up here?"

Last edited by a moderator:
When something started to talk Juvo jumped and looked around. He had fallen backwards amd one of his barriers formed in frount of him. He was breathing heavily, catching his breath as he noticed Evelyn talking the sky. 'They sky was talking?' He thought to himself. She asked it what it was doing up there and he was confused once again. He lookes up and saw a slightly blurry spot in the sky. Like heat waves but not... he didn't know how to explain it. What ever it was he wasn't talking to it. "Rachael, can we go to the room." His voice, as always, was very quiet.

Rachael was immediately interested in the voice but as soon as Juvo spoke she glanced back at him. "Right now?" She glanced back at where the little girl was looking. "I suppose. I have to prepare for my part of the mission anyways. Let's go" With that she head back to where the rooms were with Juvo.

~*~*~*~

Rin walked over to the captain's quarters, where they were keeping the human, and knocked on the door. She knew she shouldn't just walk in. "Hello?"

Scrubz removed his arm from around Pandora and took another swig out of his bottle and answered her "Yea my thoughts exactly". Soon enough he started to talk Scrubz listened to the tone of his voice, he was happy enough with the creature "Hello Cordel, welcome aboard my ship. My name is Scrubz and the ship, her name is Blue Diamond. You freaked her out when you bumped into the mast".

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blue was listening in on her captain and was calming herself down she thought *Invisibility, why didn't I think of that* She hit her own head in frustration. Before she could think of any more on the subject there was a knock on the door. Blue jumped and realised it was Rin knocking. She was happy she didn't barge in but it wouldn't mind her if it did. Yes it is the captain's cabin but at the moment it was the infirmary and someone was in. Blue skipped to the door and opened it and she was right it was Rin. "RIN" she squealed in excitement and embraced her in a hug.
"How you doin". She let go off her hug and skipped back inside and sat on one of the chests. As she sat she started swinging her legs "come in come in, you taking me off babysitting duty are ya".

Rin smiled as Blue hugged her and hugged her back before entering, "Hello Blue. Doing well all things considered. How are you doing this morning? I am actually here to be the babysitter. Was assigned to do so by Alex." She looked at the human and she noticed he wasn't up yet.

"I'm doing good good good thank you Rin" Blue answered and continued all happy and giddy " I was a little worried at first of our new visitor but I'm okey dokey now. I heard you were looking after the human, I have a lot of things to do. Marvin gets paid today so I got shopping and upgrading and maintenance.....". Blue started talking quicker and quicker as she talked. Which usually is a good sign that she's comfortable with the person she's talking to. she kept talking "....and cleaning and do my hair, it never goes the way you want it does it. Oh if you want I can come and check on ya if you need a break. There is a microphone in one of these chest somewhere, just let me find it. Here mike-eeee phoooone" She finally took a breath while she was rummaging through the chests.

Pandora smiled at the voice that came out of nowhere, "Nice to.... well hear you at least Cordel" Pandora was watching where the voice came from but could still see nothing with a side wards smile she waited to see what would happen next.

Rin grinned and waited until Blue started looking for the microphone before she spoke again. "I have to admit I was a tad bit worried about the new arrival too, but not anymore. You surely sound like you have to do. I kind of wish I could help you out a bit, but Alex will kill me if I don't stick to her orders." She frowned for a second at that. Darn Alex from preventing her from doing helpful things. She then looked at Blue again, "I would hate to call you over with all of the things you have to do. I would feel a bit lazy."

"It is a pleasure to meet you Evelyn, and you as well Captain Scrubz. Thank you for welcoming me aboard," Cordel replied with a courteous nod. He wasn't quite sure how the ship could be freaked out, but he didn't mention anything of it. His smile began to waver as he pondered the little girl's inquiry. "I have found traveling by air at high altitudes is one of the best ways to avoid those bothersome humans. I spend my days riding the wind, letting it take me wherever it blows." At Pandora's comment he struggled to put the cheerfulness back into his voice. "Thank you. It is quite refreshing being able to have a conversation like this." It had been so long since he had last spoken with other creatures, free ones at that. It warmed his heart to see there was indeed still those of the magical races who were fighting against the humans' rule. He had begun to lose hope, but now it was restored.

Evelyn was smiling up at him at his description of flying. It sounded so peaceful and fun, she stretched her arms out at her sides and spun around in a couple circles before she tripped over something and fell on her bum but she just giggled then Pandora's words made her remember their situation. Her smile faded and a sadder look cam onto her face as she asked her next question, "Why can't they see you too? Why am I the only one?" She was still sitting as she asked this, craning her neck up to look at Cordel with wide eyes.

~

Alex looked over and saw Pandora, Scrubz and Evelyn all talking to the sky. She raised an eyebrow at the sight wondering what could have gotten into them, maybe the kid got an imaginary friend and they were humoring her? That seemed like the most plausible answer she thought, at least until the sky replied to them. Her eyebrows furrowed and she approached the three. "Who are you talking to?" She didn't sound angry, simply curious but her voice was guarded also.

Juvo again followed her very closely. His hand was on the fabric of her shirt as they walked and he kept glancing back at the blur, or strange heat pater that kept talking. He didn't like it, he couldn't see it and what you can't see or make form out of was something he wouldn't trust right away. He could easily lose it and it could hurt him. He pressed himself closer to Rachael as if that would keep him safe from the invisible creature. "What is it?" He asked just as they came below deck.

Pandora looked away from Cordel and looked to Alex "Well it would appear we have a new creature on board with us not that we can see but Evelyn can, and before you give me another filthy look for allowing Evelyn to have some kind of childhood, this is no imaginary friend he is real." with that Pandora looked at the space where she assumed Cordel was "Cordel, this is or leader Alex" then she looked at Alex "and this is Cordel" she said pointing to the sky. Pandora looked to Alex as if to say don't push me I'm not lying and hoped that Cordel would speak up soon.

Cordel lowered himself down to be eye level with Evelyn so she wouldn't have to keep looking up. "Because of your young age you have a unique outlook on the world around you. Not only that, but you are much like an old friend of mine, a werecat, who could also see me," he told her with a kindly smile. When Pandora spoke, his head snapped up at the mention of the name 'Alex.' But upon looking at the young woman who had joined the group and hearing her voice he let out a very quiet sigh of disappointment. "Hello Alex, nice to meet you. Your friend speaks the truth, you may not be able to see me but I am indeed real."

Evelyn nodded in understanding, "Oh, ok. I guess that makes sense?" She then noticed the disappointed look and sigh Cordel showed when he saw Alex. She cocked her head to the side curiously but refrained from asking at the moment, she could always bring it up later.

Alex's jaw clenches at Pandora's words but she shoves down her anger and simply nods, not looking at her. "I could tell it couldn't be imaginary when I heard him reply." She then turned to where they were all facing, "It's nice to meet you too, Cordel. But I must ask, are you friend or foe to us? We already have a whole race against us and I would rather not have an invisible creature against us also." She explained with a kind expression.

Blue was rummaging through one of the chests and looked up at Rin "Don't worry about that Rinny I like being busy busy plus I like talking to people. It's been Aaaaaaages since we had visitors or even crew I'm just soooo happy people are here" She looked back into the chest and found the microphone "Ah ha there it is". She picked the microphone up and skipped up to Rin "Here you go it will allow you to talk to anyone wherever they are, unfortunately its only one way but I can make my voice reach the ship if I'm not here. Now what colour would you like there's pink, green, black, yellow......". As she said every colour and mixtures of colours the microphone was changing colour as she was holding it. She just kept carrying on with every colour until Rin picked a colour. "Blue with black stripes, pink with yellow spots..........."

Scrubz watched on and taking gulps out of his bottle and listening to the conversation and concentrating on Cordel's heartbeats. He then heard the humans heartbeat and his own heart started to race. He quickly downed his bottle, put the lid back on, shook it wildly which made the bottle fill up once again, opened it and downed the liquid in one. He shook his head and thought he better not try listen to the heartbeat unless he really had to. Evelyn could see it so he can just follow her gaze. He placed his bottle away and carried on observing.

Status
Not open for further replies.