Fight School [OOC/Signup]

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys.

Beta wants posts please.

That is all.

I have been ill and TOLD Greased Smitening to handle things while I was in the hospital. Since he has failed to do so, he is now demoted and no longer my assistant GM.

Imp. Go post. Link me the character and I will add her to the roster.

I have been ill and TOLD Greased Smitening to handle things while I was in the hospital. Since he has failed to do so, he is now demoted and no longer my assistant GM.

Imp. Go post. Link me the character and I will add her to the roster.
I'll need to make the edits to her powers, then assuming the edits are good.

Demoted or not, I just STILL don't like this power. It just feels...wrong. I can't place my finger on it, but something makes no sense here and it strikes a nerve. I can't explain it, but it STILL sounds too strong, too overpowered. But I can't find the exact reason why. Either way, it doesn't work for me.

But what am I supposed to do, I'm just your average everyday member now. >.>

Wow. So me harping on your ass with venom and hatred is what it takes to get you to say something, eh GS? Guess I should be in agonizing pain more often, as it makes me EXTRA angry when people don't do shit they're expected to do. I should demote you more often.

You can stay Assistant GM, now that you manned the hell up.

And to all you other mooks... if I don't see a post in the next 36 hours, someone at random is kicked.

Hey, I'm just popping in to apologise a great deal for just disappearing, I lost my internet for a few weeks and I have just now finished exams, so I can be here a great deal longer. I'm just asking if this is still accepting, so I can read, catch-up, and most importantly, finish my CS sheet since I never got the chance to.

Due to the demand on the level of writing in IC posts, I'm sure you wouldn't like me IC posting this late at night; might blow your top! I could hardly think to write up her powers again.

I suppose you'd want her in the theater. If we go with the backstory of Mr. Bully being the cause of her brother's coma then she could be there to interrupt things a little. I'd just need to edit that part of her sheet as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright, NOW I think the power looks a lot better. A repulsor forcefield's just too strong for me right now, but a pain modifier for enemy punches is fine for now. We can move on to forcefield stuff later on. Sorry for the nitpicking and all that jazz, aight?

Anyways. If you want to plonk her in the theater, that's perfectly fine, though I would suggest interacting with Charles' character, as he is not only there, he's also stalking Shotaro and it'd give his character something better to do that give me and Beta reasons to think Charles is writing a yaoi fanfic behind our backs.

You could also easily place her at the Dojo Grounds, where LStorm and I will be having a duel with the coming days, so she could watch the fight and possibly interact with someone afterwards.

When it gets down to it, place her wherever you feel she'd best fit.

Just POST man, POST.

@Cactush

We're still open and accepting, so go ahead and fire up the creative juices. Maybe it'll inspire the other sloths in this RP to wake up and maybe POST, EH?

Her power isn't a pain modify besides the fact that it might stop some of the pressure from reaching her, indirectly causing her less pain.

I'll also have the backstory different in that she'll transfer in, explaining why she's just now getting around to confronting him. Maybe Brad can notice her also "stalking" the same guy as she enters the building and that's why she'd interact with him. It would also be better if he started up some yuri fan fiction instead; the superior romance. :D

Hmm...these places don't have a, "no shirt, no shoes, no service" rules do they? Because she wouldn't wear shoes much. Hopefully someone doesn't try to kick her out and start a fight. lol

But seriously, way too late to post IC tonight.

Some places might enforce the nsnsns rule. A theater probably would. Chinese restaurant? Maybe not so much.

Hmm...these places don't have a, "no shirt, no shoes, no service" rules do they? Because she wouldn't wear shoes much. Hopefully someone doesn't try to kick her out and start a fight.

Some places might enforce the nsnsns rule. A theater probably would. Chinese restaurant? Maybe not so much.

As long as she's wearing sandals or geta, she'll be fine.

I changed the last two paragraphs of her backstory and edited the one above to clarify a bit more it was a rival yakuza group he stole from, not one he was a part of.

It doesn't seem like they have an official school uniform, even as an optional one?

If she gets kicked out then she'll put on geta.

I work week days from 8:00 to 4:00 so will get to my post once I get back.

I'm back. Looks like there's a few IC posts to catch up on and then I'll get to typing.

[BCOLOR=#ffffff]ATTENTION[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#ffffff]"I, Zen Akero, challenge Bradley Johnson to a battle at Central Gardens at 3 PM (The following day of the week) with no weapons.[/BCOLOR]​

[BCOLOR=#ffffff]ATTENTION[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#ffffff]"I, Zen Akero, challenge Bradley Johnson to a battle at Central Gardens at 3 PM (The following day of the week) with no weapons.[/BCOLOR]​
Charles.

Accept or I will hate you.

I mean it. Do it.

Name: Eden Marie Taggart
I.D. Number: 46692016
Year: 1st
Nationality: Scottish/American
Sex/Gender: Female
Appearance:
EdenGlam_zps5xdwhfij.png

Edenlookup_zpszis3zldt.png

EdenMad_zpseu9q9xj5.png

Theme Song: Scotch Waltz

Fighting Style: Yin Fu Baguazhang (Modified)

Powers: Panmnesia - Remembering absolutely everything one thinks, feels, encounters, and experiences.

Personality:Quiet, Sly, but not unfriendly. Imagine a kitten with dangerous secrets. Enjoys plotting. Eden enjoys life when she can, but knows very well when to take things seriously. She takes what she needs without asking, only to put it back when she's done. Eden excels at feeding her own growth and presenting all of her best sides, but never in deficit to those around her. Eden is a volcanic island, exploding alone in a sea of rocks.

Background: Eden was born in Germantown, MD, USA to Dean and Victoria Taggart, on October 23, 2xxx. she grew up quiet, almost dangerouslly antisocial. She would spend her days following her parents around the house, watching them do what they did, never speaking, and only ever to ask questions. Eden filled her memory with anything she could get her hands on, thirsting for answers, for fact, for anything at all, a black hole in her head, taking in everything that came too close. When Eden started school, she had trouble making friends, and the new atmosphere began causing her to act out, yelling across rooms and becoming violent with other children. She was put into special classes and sent to psychiatrists and focused on like a scar on the face of the world, only pressing her deeper into the recesses of her own infinite mind.

Once she became more familiar with the new world around her, Eden began to resume her activities, follow other students, asking people questions without context, processing thoughts that only ever became clear with the answers provided. Eden grew in this way, somewhere along the line she began to assume an identity. She purposefully gathered all of these answer and observations, forming who she would become out of the traits and words of the people around her, discarding useless attributes and accumulating the most efficient ones. Eden was becoming a psychopath.

Around the time eden turned 10, her close family took a vacation over the summer to China, visiting the Great Wall, The Forbidden City, and other landmark attractions. Eden parent's didn't often take such grand vacations for their family, typically all that was done was a family meal or a trip to the beach, all in saving for these bigger events. Among the many impromptu sightseeing adventures her family took, one was a martial arts demonstration by master Zie Peiqi of the Yin style of Baguazhang. For the first time since she was born, Eden was entranced, she was fixed to this display of art and power that she'd never seen before. Something began then to grow inside her, a desire to learn, and a yearning for form. Upon returning to the U.S., she inexplicably began to bother her parents day in and day out to find that man again. Despite this being impossible, they did what they could, and when Eden was about to turn 11, she began training under Sifu Dominick Ruggieri, learning the art of Bagua.

Over time, Eden began growing slightly more as a person, and learning a lot socially and emotionally from her training, but unsatisfied with her art, Eden began throwing untrained movements into the mix, she would spar with partners and use nothing she had been taught, or intermingle waltzing dance performances into her Bagua forms. This get her almost immediately rejected from her classes, and ultimately she wound up teaching herself. Developing her own art came naturally for Eden, she moved in ways that felt natural, she didn't let forms keep her learning rigid. Eventually her studies caught the attention of the scholarship board at New Peaks; Eden was awarded a development scholarship to the school, and despite her mediocre performance in traditional arts, she Excelled when it came to performance. And so Eden began her first year at Fight School, treating her education like a handicap and her fights like Broadway shows.

Article:
I should add as an aftterword that I intentionally left out the rules-clarification-identifier. I did this because as a good person and truthful roleplayer, I do not tell lies, especially within the confines of such an important document.
The first rule of Fight School, and I shudder upon my keyboard just typing this out, is "Do not talk about Fight School." Normally, I'd be fine with letting your statement remain at the forefront, denoting it instead as rule number two, but this would also be a blatant fallacy. The second rule of Fight School is, as everyone knows, "DO NOT talk about Fight School."
For the moderators of this forum to request that I, a) Break the two most important tenets of their own establishment, and b) bring about an enourmous false-telling within my own signup post, is downright disgusting.

Please consider revising your rules.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.