FateGuard: Darker Nights

Tahan is our only chance at an inside man to the movements of the Church. Unless you think Derrick would look great in legionnaire armor, undercover. I vote we reform Tahan.

I still have to agree, its kind of really really predictable, annoyingly so. Even if there were an attempt, that failed and then we let it seep in over time rather than right away. I think that would be the best option.

Aww....

I thought we were gonna find Tahan mysteriously vanished from the bottom of the shaft.

And then he'd be stalking us throughout the chapter, all horror movie villain style.

Bah.

Well let's put it this way. We already played the game where we let the metaphorical puppy pick his side. He proved himself still loyal to Waldstein and decided to choose the church.

It's been what...two, three days since then? I doubt Tahan has had some Earth shattering revelation about this. Letting Tahan live now is stupidly risky since it gives him every opportunity to tell one of our shiny, new antagonists that the FateGuard is still running around. From a logical standpoint the FateGuard simply can't trust Tahan and, though I know I'm bound by character interactions and the plot so this isn't even a valid choice, Derek would have every good reason to shove Malwin aside and kill Tahan right now while the chance is there.

Have fun writing us out of this one, Asmo. :/

He probably will.

And Tahan can still surprise me, show he's not so damaged, and dance off into the darkness, horror style.

You know...or Asmo could reveal his chapter plans beforehand so we don't muck em up? :P

I've been dealing with sickness in one way or another, got fired, working on getting another job and having an bit of an internal crisis.

Sorry for the wait.

Pushing a possessed child down a dark well should only have ONE narrative expectation.

I still have to agree, its kind of really really predictable, annoyingly so. Even if there were an attempt, that failed and then we let it seep in over time rather than right away. I think that would be the best option.

What's predictable?

Aww....

I thought we were gonna find Tahan mysteriously vanished from the bottom of the shaft.

And then he'd be stalking us throughout the chapter, all horror movie villain style.

Bah.

This is actually a pretty good idea.

It's late in HK, but I got caught up and I'll mull over these ideas over sleep.

Last edited:
Ok, I've caught up, I'll post something soon. I'm extremely happy to have something to focus on right now besides the 30 bucks in my bank account and loomng bills and my stupid fear of job applications.

*drags self out of the holiday cheer*

Riiight. I'll have a post in soon-ish. Probably when I'm not dealing with being chronically tired.

So... 16 hours from now. Give or take.

D-double postings.

Finally shook off the holidays spirits. Apologizes that the post is so crummy, trying to get back into the swing of things.

;.; my computer has failed me. Might need it to be wiped. This is from my phone.

Halp.

I'll get something up soon. Getting out of holiday busyness and back into routine.

I just flew in from HK, and boy, am I jetlagged!

Hi! I'm new to the site, but I think I'm ready to jump into this rp. It looks fun!

Name:
Varro Thanos

Appearance:
tumblr_liexfupv061qa5c1eo1_500.png

Reputation: Creative swordplay and slight support using blood magic to heal allies. Although he isn't the known subtlest, but he can keep quiet enough to avoid being caught on watch. He is also known as very kind and understanding.

Blessing of Experience: http://static1.wikia.nocookie.net/_...lfantasy/images/7/72/FFX_Weapon_-_Sword_1.png
Guard's Soul: An oddly shaped bastard sword said to date back to the time of Berenike. Its shape allows for swift handling and creative play. Disarming opponents and blocking becomes easy with this weapon.

Blessing of Thanks: Berenike Gauntlet: Armored Gauntlet and shoulder of Varro's Father, Panos. Gifted to Varro with his father's dying breath, along with Guardian Soul. A steady gauntlet for blocking glancing blows or redirecting strikes. The claws also help with drawing blood for magic.

Blessing of Ancients: Blood Saint's Amulet: A small amulet with a crimson crystal at the center. Its last wearer was Varro's grandfather.

Legend: In the legends of the distant lands they hail, there was one of the lands of Berenike and their saint, Anastasia. Once the city-state was a constantly at war, defending themselves from invades wishing to take over their prosperous mountainous land. A culture of soldiers was instilled into every child. Skilled knights soon became the staple of their military, using creative tactics and an arsenal that supported them. They were able to push back their enemies, and for a time were able to enjoy a time of peace. These knights became known as the greatest military for of their time. Unfortunately… soon their good fortune turned. Many lords in the surrounding lands grew envious of Berenike's prosperity and soon formed an alliance to invade the kingdom. It was also known that Berenike allowed for the praise of many Gods instead of the the church's true one God. The cities of Berenike soon found itself over-run, attempting to fend off the overwhelming power for three city-states attacking small Berenike, raping, pillaging, and murdering as they went. Held up in a small temple to the gods, praying at an alter was a priestess by the name of Anastasia. Praying before the enemy soldiers broke down the door, she called out to the gods, asking for their assistance to stop this horde. The Blood God, Sanguinius, took pity on her and called out to her. Asking if the young woman would be a host for the God's action, she agreed knowing that her body and mind would be no more when the God was done. Taking over her body, Sanguinius used his blood magic, sending a ripple through the land. All that once, the knights of Berenike miraculously turned the tide of battle, pushing the enemy forces out of their lands. Not much is known as to what happened to Anastasia after Sanguinius' grand spell, but it is assumed that her body was sacrificed. A secret order of knights, now calling themselves paladins would venture from the borders of Berenike. Today, Berenice families teach their children this legend hoping to instill the moral of self sacrifice for the greater good and warriors of these families wear the steel and crimson colors of the order of paladins. The faith born of these kind and courageous knights became the proponent the present Nephilerian Faith or The Pilgram Church.

Recently, there has been rumor of a hooded man roaming the streets at night wearing these steel and crimson colors wielding a sword. The guards never seem to be able to find this man, but many peasants have seen him handing out assistance to the sick or dying. The poor and sick know to follow the bloodstains in hope of finding assistance.

Off-Duty: Assist the sick and weary at the church and low town (without magic). Smuggling and reading books on magic. Sleeping.

Vet or Wet?: Intermediate Veteran: Was in the guard for two years before they were disbanded. He joined soon after his father was killed one night on duty. His father saw over his induction into the order and passed away after bestowing his blessing upon Varro.

ACCEPTED

Last edited by a moderator:
Name: Siris Gold

Appearance:
Siris_Knight.jpg
He has medium length dark brown hair and purple eyes, with no other distinguishable features.
Reputation: Siris is a skilled swordsman and assassin, who is known throughout as the Silent. Not specifically because he is silent, but because he leaves no trace. Except when he chooses too.

Blessing of Experience: Old Eyes- Siris can read any person, situation, or environment within a few seconds. This allows him to know the basic information of any person he sees, I.E Estimated age, preferred weapon, style, etc., how best to handle a situation, and the best way to use an environment to his advantage.

Blessing of Thanks: Ancestors Strength- The hidden blades that belonged to his (now deceased) father during his reign as the Master Assassin of Gothenheim, these blades a treasured family heirloom, and were given to him by his older brother.

Blessing of Ancients: The Nightmare blade- A sword that literally strikes fear into the hearts of anyone at the mere mention of its name. Forged by the dark swordsman known only as Nightmare, this blade is said to have tasted the blood of thousands. It's enchantment does two things: 1. It changes to suit the wielder. So if you prefer light, swift blades, thats what you get. And 2. When the user feels fear, either his/her own, or that of someone else, the blade CAN left off a burst of energy that clouds minds with fear.
In its Siris incarnation, it is a 1.5 hander with a small shield like hand-guard.

Legend: There is a rumour that Siris took on twenty men by himself. This rumour was spread by the single survivor, who said that he picked them off one by one and nobody even saw him, not once, except for him. Siris sliced the tendons in his right leg, and told him too stay out of trouble.

Off-Duty: He owns the local tavern with his brother (Galath) and sixteen year old son (Toby). His wife died when Toby was five, and his Sister has been missing for several years.

Vet or Wet?: Newbie!