Fate/Zero + Fate/Stay Night Based RP Anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zx4QZbJ.jpg

Name: Ashwatthama
Master: (Can be left blank for now)
Class: Archer
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Height: 184cm
Weight: 85kg
Armament: Bow and arrows
Dislikes: Pandavas
Wish: Salvation

Stats:
Strength: B
Endurance: C
Agility: A
Mana: B
Luck: E

Class abilities:

Independet Action: B
The ability to remain independent even when rejecting the prana supply from the Master. At the higher ranks, it is also possible to remain for extended periods of time in this world without an established contract. Capable of remaining in this world for two days without an established contract. Also capable of living on for a short period of time after suffering extensive damage on his spiritual core.

Magic Resistance: C
Cancel spells with a chant below two verses. Cannot defend against Magecraft on the level of High-Thaumaturgy and Greater Rituals. Thaumaturgical effects

Skills:
Eternal Arms Mastership: A
Prevents degradation of fighting skills when under the effect of mental hindrance.
Mastership of combat arts has reached the point of being said to be among the greatest in one's era. By complete merging of mind, body and technique, it is possible to make use of full fighting skills even when under the influence of any sort of mental hindrance.

Expert of Many Specializations: A
Access to and use of many expert skills. Aswatthama studied Dhanurveda or martial arts and Brahmavidya or the science of the Self and is the master of all forms of knowledge and possess complete mastery over 64 forms of arts or Kalas and 18 Vidyas or branches of knoweldge.

Chintamani Stone: -
The gem stone embed in Ashwatthama's forehead, which gives him power over all living beings lower than humans and furthermore protects him from attacks by ghosts, demons and animals.

Divinity: B
The measure of whether one has Divine Spirit aptitude or not. It also has an effect which reduces special defensive values called "purge defense" in proportion to the Divinity's Rank. It can break through Skills such as Protection of the Faith and Enlightenment of the Sacred Fig.
Ashwatthama is the Avatar of one of the eight Rudras and part incarnate of Shiva.

Noble Phantasms:

Name: Narayanastra
Quote:
Type: Anti-Army
Range: 1-99
Maximum target: 1000
Description:
The personal weapon of lord Vishnu in his Narayana form. This Astra fires a powerful tirade of millions of deadly missiles simultaneously. The intensity of the shower increases with increase in resistance. The only way of defense towards this missile, is to show total submission before the missiles hit. This in turn will cause this weapon to stop and spare the target. This weapon can be used only once in a war and if one tries to use it twice, then it would devour the user's own army.

Name: Brahmashirastra
Type: Anti-World
Range: 2-99
Maximum Number of Targets: 1000
Description:
One of Brahma's most powerful Astras, which only Ashwatthama and Arjuna knew how to invoke. It is four times more powerful than Brahamastra and said to be able to kill even the devas. It has the same effect of "pursuing the enemy and surely hitting" as Brahamastra and for as long as it travels, Ashwatthama can give it a new target. However, unlike Arjuna, he never learned how to withdraw it, only how to redirect it, so once it has been drawn, it must be fired. Brahamashirastra manifests as a bow under the Archer class.

Name: Brahmastra
Type: Anti-Army, Anti-Country
Range: 2-90
Maximum target: 300
Description:
The second Astra given to him by his father Drona. Utilized by calling upon the name of the god Brahma, it will pursue the enemy and surely strike with a wide effective range. Under the Archer class it wil manifest as a bow, just like Brahmashirastra
I'll tentatively accept this because any master you pair with will die from prana loss upon activation of any NP's.

I'm not sure why Masters seem less popular in Fate games. They strike me as the more interesting half of things. Sure, they don't get to have the impressive fights, but there wouldn't even be a Grail War without them. While I doubt I'll do a full Master application yet, I'll at least elaborate a bit on my ideas below, in case anyone playing a Servant might want to know what I'm planning and express interest in either idea.

For the know-nothing type, they'd probably be some high schooler with no actual magical training or lineage they know of. They would, however, likely have a bad case of chuunibyou, meaning it's likely there'd be some fun with that. Like openly speaking about some of the grail war stuff but their friends just wave it off as yet another delusion, and assume the command seal crest is just drawn on with permanent marker. Sadly, being stuck with such a crappy Master would probably not be without issues, as they'd be a handful and unlikely to contribute much on their end.

For the proper Mage, I do mean proper. Like, they consider the Grail War a distraction or diversion from their real work of trying to reach the Root, and aren't actually too fond of participating and "helping the Einzberns with their mad scheme." So, probably you'd get someone who knows what they're doing, but would also prefer to be doing something else, but is happy enough to play along for the opportunity to see such a convoluted ritual firsthand and see what insights it might present. Of course, they wouldn't be chosen by the Grail if they lacked a wish, no matter how coy they might be on that particular subject. Kind of a crappy Master pick because they don't care if they win or lose as long as they get to live through it and continue their own research.

I'll tentatively accept this because any master you pair with will die from prana loss upon activation of any NP's.
@YandereClock
Nerf independent action to E- and take out one or two of the Brahmastras.
IA nerf is because its necessary for balance and country busting might not be all that fun around here.
Also Jeanne isn't unbeatable anyway.

@YandereClock
Nerf independent action to E- and take out one or two of the Brahmastras.
IA nerf is because its necessary for balance and country busting might not be all that fun around here.
Also Jeanne isn't unbeatable anyway.
technically she can beat herself!

my goal is use all NPs and somehow survive

or die, whatever

Souji stands a good chance of beating Jeanne, as long as Jeanne doesn't go suicidal. Though Jeanne also has a good chance of beating Souji.

Souji stands a good chance of beating Jeanne, as long as Jeanne doesn't go suicidal. Though Jeanne also has a good chance of beating Souji.
La Pucelle!

<EXPLODES EXPLODES EXPLODES>

...does that mean we both win or both lose?

Fufufu, I doubt those nerfs are gonna be enough to satisfy certain people, no? So I'll just switch him out for something less intimidating~

The answer to most questions on the winner in a truly spectacular match-up will always be "the audience".

Alright, we Lancer now~

I did edit my old post, just so you know. Or should I make a new one?

Last edited:
Can I switch to Atalanta if were having Achilles?

You know, I'm just going to make a Master if this ends up going well. I don't feel like making a Servant today.

Yeah I went ahead and saw your master sheet, and I'll withhold comments on it until later when I can make a better decision. Doesn't mean it's rejected, just that a few slight changes may be needed.

I'm not sure why Masters seem less popular in Fate games. They strike me as the more interesting half of things. Sure, they don't get to have the impressive fights, but there wouldn't even be a Grail War without them. While I doubt I'll do a full Master application yet, I'll at least elaborate a bit on my ideas below, in case anyone playing a Servant might want to know what I'm planning and express interest in either idea.

For the know-nothing type, they'd probably be some high schooler with no actual magical training or lineage they know of. They would, however, likely have a bad case of chuunibyou, meaning it's likely there'd be some fun with that. Like openly speaking about some of the grail war stuff but their friends just wave it off as yet another delusion, and assume the command seal crest is just drawn on with permanent marker. Sadly, being stuck with such a crappy Master would probably not be without issues, as they'd be a handful and unlikely to contribute much on their end.

For the proper Mage, I do mean proper. Like, they consider the Grail War a distraction or diversion from their real work of trying to reach the Root, and aren't actually too fond of participating and "helping the Einzberns with their mad scheme." So, probably you'd get someone who knows what they're doing, but would also prefer to be doing something else, but is happy enough to play along for the opportunity to see such a convoluted ritual firsthand and see what insights it might present. Of course, they wouldn't be chosen by the Grail if they lacked a wish, no matter how coy they might be on that particular subject. Kind of a crappy Master pick because they don't care if they win or lose as long as they get to live through it and continue their own research.
A chuuni infected young master? That sounds quite colorful and will add in some distinct flavor to the RP. Of course you are handicapped in terms of combat, but then again combat won't be the point of the character so much as it will be character interaction and development. A "true magus" is also a character that's strangely been left out of the canon grail wars, one who just witnesses the mad ritual just for the novelty of doing so and lives only for survival. Would definitely be interesting to see it play out, especially if ulterior motives and a stronger desire for a wish change RP dynamics half way.

A friend has suggested the chuuni case could be part something, to explain any magical potential or give them some non-standard abilities to make up for the whole absolutely clueless about the world of magic thing. I'm not sure how well that would fly, though. They'd definitely be a fun character to play.

I think some of the grail wars we didn't see might have been more like that, though. Like, the first couple before things got a little strange were a lot less cutthroat, I'm pretty sure. Still, it is odd that every participant has been happy to drop everything and not the least bit annoyed that it's cutting into their time to do their own wizard things.

I also had a thought of a mage who became a Dead Apostle as another non-standard Master. Probably, they'd have a wish to become human, because they have realized they made a terrible mistake. Whatever the case, I'm only going to actually run the one master, so I'm tossing this stuff out mostly so everyone else can see what sort of person they may have to work with. Lord knows which servant would actually be compatible with any of these weirdos, though.

A friend has suggested the chuuni case could be part something, to explain any magical potential or give them some non-standard abilities to make up for the whole absolutely clueless about the world of magic thing. I'm not sure how well that would fly, though. They'd definitely be a fun character to play.

I think some of the grail wars we didn't see might have been more like that, though. Like, the first couple before things got a little strange were a lot less cutthroat, I'm pretty sure. Still, it is odd that every participant has been happy to drop everything and not the least bit annoyed that it's cutting into their time to do their own wizard things.

I also had a thought of a mage who became a Dead Apostle as another non-standard Master. Probably, they'd have a wish to become human, because they have realized they made a terrible mistake. Whatever the case, I'm only going to actually run the one master, so I'm tossing this stuff out mostly so everyone else can see what sort of person they may have to work with. Lord knows which servant would actually be compatible with any of these weirdos, though.
I actually had a DA apostle on hand, but was taking a wait-and-see approach to see if I would put him up or an Einzbern Homunculus master I had, with a grudge against his creators.

Status
Not open for further replies.