Fate/Zero + Fate/Stay Night Based RP Anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Necrosis, Two questions. Would Caster be able to predict Archer reactions to his actions through Revelation? And How badly do you predict Archer will want to castrate Caster after their first meeting, if they ever meet face to face?

@Necrosis, Two questions. Would Caster be able to predict Archer reactions to his actions through Revelation? And How badly do you predict Archer will want to castrate Caster after their first meeting, if they ever meet face to face?
For live and death situations Revelation will take priority over Archer being able to predict. Though regular attacks, it won't help you.
As for your second question, I think you need to worry more about what Achilles will do to you.

A friend has suggested the chuuni case could be part something, to explain any magical potential or give them some non-standard abilities to make up for the whole absolutely clueless about the world of magic thing. I'm not sure how well that would fly, though. They'd definitely be a fun character to play.

I think some of the grail wars we didn't see might have been more like that, though. Like, the first couple before things got a little strange were a lot less cutthroat, I'm pretty sure. Still, it is odd that every participant has been happy to drop everything and not the least bit annoyed that it's cutting into their time to do their own wizard things.

I also had a thought of a mage who became a Dead Apostle as another non-standard Master. Probably, they'd have a wish to become human, because they have realized they made a terrible mistake. Whatever the case, I'm only going to actually run the one master, so I'm tossing this stuff out mostly so everyone else can see what sort of person they may have to work with. Lord knows which servant would actually be compatible with any of these weirdos, though.
So basically like Emiya Shiro? Untapped magical potential and a magical affinity basically geared to success in the Grail War but with a Chuuni personality. It certainly adds in a degree of complexity to the character, but perhaps not necessarily a good one depending on how much "untapped potential" is present, since it may end up being a plot armor sort of degradation.

Regarding the first few grail wars, the Fuyuki Grail Wars are actually one of many holy grail rituals, but the reason why the Fuyuki one is so special is because it doesn't actually try to grant a wish with omnipotent powers, which is simply not possible. It opens a path to the Root, which all magi strive for. If they can witness the grail's activation then they may be able to find ways to access the Root, which not even a life time of research would be able to do.

A dead apostle forcibly turned sounds quite interesting too, grants a power dynamic at the same time with character depth, as having just one or the other may end up with a bland character. All your ideas seem interesting, and I look forward to seeing them soon.

Dammit, Lancer is taken >:[

I guess I will take Rider

OC

I think it will be an OC, I don't remember a Julius Caesar in any Fate

Actually...I might take the Assassin role >.>

Last edited by a moderator:
That I haven't decided on

Ahhh, I'm so tempted to reserve a master. Perhaps a Waver deal. Just to bring some comic relief into it all. XD Although I'm not entierly sure yet.

Ahhh, I'm so tempted to reserve a master. Perhaps a Waver deal. Just to bring some comic relief into it all. XD Although I'm not entierly sure yet.
Would be a nice addition to the probably somber "muh magical research" people were going to be receiving.

Would be a nice addition to the probably somber "muh magical research" people were going to be receiving.
XD I'll try to get his character sheet up soon. ^^

So basically like Emiya Shiro? Untapped magical potential and a magical affinity basically geared to success in the Grail War but with a Chuuni personality. It certainly adds in a degree of complexity to the character, but perhaps not necessarily a good one depending on how much "untapped potential" is present, since it may end up being a plot armor sort of degradation.

Regarding the first few grail wars, the Fuyuki Grail Wars are actually one of many holy grail rituals, but the reason why the Fuyuki one is so special is because it doesn't actually try to grant a wish with omnipotent powers, which is simply not possible. It opens a path to the Root, which all magi strive for. If they can witness the grail's activation then they may be able to find ways to access the Root, which not even a life time of research would be able to do.

A dead apostle forcibly turned sounds quite interesting too, grants a power dynamic at the same time with character depth, as having just one or the other may end up with a bland character. All your ideas seem interesting, and I look forward to seeing them soon.
Well, I'd meant less generic "untapped potential," and would actually want to avoid that because it's kind of a plot device at best. I'd meant, essentially, more like being a member of the Tohno family or something similar. Someone who isn't quite human, and thus has abilities from that rather than from magecraft. They'd still be pretty much useless as an actual combatant, but it might be a little more interesting than just being a complete-know-nothing who at best has a ton of magic circuits but nothing to do with them. ...not to say that in and of itself couldn't work. Their servant would be so confused with all the worthless rituals and things they might attempt. For that matter, they'd both be confused when an attempt at summoning something actually WORKED. Probably a rather funny character and a good wild card.

I thought the Fuyuki Grail War was mostly engineered as a method for the Einzbern family to recover their lost Magic, but I could be wrong. It's been some time since I did much looking into the Fate lore. I'm usually more familiar with other corners of Nasu's stuff.

As for Dead Apostles, it's not unusual for mages to make a gamble at immortality, but the best they can generally ever accomplish is some form of vampirism. I am sure some who live past this discovery and the inevitable assassins from either the Church or Clock Tower may come to regret their foolish actions. I really don't know what sort of things such a Master would being, other than probably being old and having more raw physical capability. They'd probably be an unusual sort in the first place (and likely not even an idea candidate). But the Grail does tend to just grab whoever fits the criteria if it's got slots left to fill and ran out of really good mages.

THIS IS A WIP
cooltext1543812063_zpsb9e9083b.png

tumblr_mplrz9oFy01rdehjwo7_250.gif
tumblr_mplrz9oFy01rdehjwo2_250.gif
tumblr_mplrz9oFy01rdehjwo6_250.gif

tumblr_mplrz9oFy01rdehjwo8_250.gif
tumblr_mplrz9oFy01rdehjwo1_250.gif
tumblr_mplrz9oFy01rdehjwo9_250.gif

tumblr_mplrz9oFy01rdehjwo5_250.gif
tumblr_mplrz9oFy01rdehjwo4_250.gif
tumblr_mplrz9oFy01rdehjwo3_250.gif

o23kk.png

Name
Marchosias Sebastian Camille
'Marcho' for short.

Servant
Open

Alignment
Neutral Good

Blood type
A
o23kk.png

161c182e-5624-4f2e-b424-b62be370117c_zps5daebc6c.jpg

o23kk.png

Height
163 cm

Hair color
Red

Eye color
Red
o23kk.png

c174d4b3-f872-42ea-9d38-a5ae21afc0d9_zpsadb16793.png

o23kk.png

✔ Reading
✔ Learning new Things
✔ Studying
✔ Japanese pop Culture
✔ France
✔ Kuroneko (his pet)
✔ Cheesy Romances
✔ Watching TV
✔ Penguins
✔ Food in Genreal
✔ Horror, Myths, Legends and Ghost Stories
✔ Tea

Dislikes
✘ Frogs
✘ Messing Up
✘ Being looked down Upon
✘ Feeling Lonely
✘ Being yelled At
✘ Disappointing People
✘ Being Treated like an Airhead (It can't be helped. He is one.)
o23kk.png

tumblr_mre5h2LsHd1rsgql8o1_1280.jpg

o23kk.png

WIP

Magic Tier:
-quality of Circuits: E-A(Basically how good is your master's magic? E being novice tier, A being someone with decades worth of experience or prodigious talent)
-quantity of Circuits: E-A(Basically how much energy can your master store? E being unable to cast
more than two or three spells and A being able to use several high power spells without tiring)

General Magecraft: (Explain your master's magecraft and what it does.)
o23kk.png

WIP

Skills: (Anything not related to magecraft goes here)
o23kk.png

WIP
Equipment: (Anything your master uses from magical artifacts to cigarettes.)
o23kk.png

WIP
Wish:​

Status
Not open for further replies.