Fate/Strike (Closed!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, since he would be in Heaven and etc. Being summoned, he would probably be weakened greatly for the fact he isn't in Heaven (or Hell) and being summoned by a fake grail. I think you should just keep George, but letting you know Michael would be weaker than what you would probably want or expect.

Alright. I'll save Michael for if I ever make A Fate RP.

Well, he wouldn't be technically divine based on Christian standards which is all divine or no divine. I guess if you wanted to ignore legend completely and gauge it by blank sheet Nasuverse standards, you might assign him some level of divinity. The outside of heaven bit is a questionable thing imo but there's tons of ways to limit him.

1. Michael still doesn't have 100% free reign to wreak havoc and whatnot. He follows certain rules set forth as God allows Satan to do quite a bit rather than sending the angels off for constant physical war.
2. Michael is alive so no astral form.
3. Michael is going to take... how much prana to support? If its not an Einzbern master, how much he can do will be way limited.
4. Wings. Subtlety = 0. Goes hand in hand with no astral form.

So under randomized case, Michael would probably end up being substandard without the matter of advantageous placement or not. He's big, clunky, and loses out in a lot of technical ways. He's got harder upkeep, can't be recharged effectively, probably costs more than he is allowed to put out, and is obvious both in terms of being seen and his general identity being guessed.

Well, he wouldn't be technically divine based on Christian standards which is all divine or no divine. I guess if you wanted to ignore legend completely and gauge it by blank sheet Nasuverse standards, you might assign him some level of divinity. The outside of heaven bit is a questionable thing imo but there's tons of ways to limit him.

1. Michael still doesn't have 100% free reign to wreak havoc and whatnot. He follows certain rules set forth as God allows Satan to do quite a bit rather than sending the angels off for constant physical war.
2. Michael is alive so no astral form.
3. Michael is going to take... how much prana to support? If its not an Einzbern master, how much he can do will be way limited.
4. Wings. Subtlety = 0. Goes hand in hand with no astral form.

So under randomized case, Michael would probably end up being substandard without the matter of advantageous placement or not. He's big, clunky, and loses out in a lot of technical ways. He's got harder upkeep, can't be recharged effectively, probably costs more than he is allowed to put out, and is obvious both in terms of being seen and his general identity being guessed.
I don't go around judging you when you make Servants! besides, he only has wings in his armor. He can take Human form.
In short: Please stop judging him! Seriously, I can make him how I want!

Oh please. You'll just shove yourself into a corner, abandoned and alone if you do the "I do whut I want" song and dance whenever anyone gives critique or even tries to help you do what you want.

Also, I have spent most of my life in Christian Schools. I know all about St Michael.
An angel is a soldier and messenger of God, Higher than humans, lower than God. The Archangels are like Generals of the Legions of Angels. I count anything higher than Humans divine.
As an Archangel, Michael could take Mana from those who have Faith in God. (Including Jews and Muslims, due to them believing in Michael.) So he could have independent Action, and not completely rely on his Master.
No freaking Astral Form, I know, he's taken a human form.
and as I said his armor has wings.
I wasn't critiquing that, I was just saying.
look! I didn't make him all A! I gave him some C level stats! Oh my God! He's fully supportable!

Last edited:
You can have whatever definition of divine you want but the Nasuverse definition of divine is what answers whether he is not by the grail scale. Djinns and guardian spirits, for example, wouldn't be classed as humans nor gods but they wouldn't inherently have any level of divinity either. Whether he can take mana from everybody or not seems questionable to whether that would be allowed. Independent action is an archer class skill so he'd need double summon to have it (I know we're not holding to the rules hard line but I'm guessing class skills staying where they are will be adhered to).

There's a lot of in universe mechanics to play with history a bit and methods of summoning to get different results. I believe his divinity level would be 0 (If he weren't part of Christian lore but somewhere else, he'd be a mid level divinity but it'd be a huge background contradiction for the grail to give him that so it'd seem fishy if he had it) but if he were to be assigned it, he'd just be adjusted naturally based upon the limitations of the grail (which can't summon a fully divine being anyway) and it'd still work out. Like you could assume him A+ across the board but then apply the various limitations of the grail and of his position to bring it down to whatever manageable level. My point from the start is that no matter which place you begin at, it can be balanced by fate mechanics. If he's so absurdly powerful, the mechanics can limit him. If he's already balanced, then it just falls in place. The system is flexible.

Why do you think i was trying to freaking Balance him?
Also, people typically picture Romans using swords, but their main weapon was a spear. What if that's the case with Michael?
Also, how can a DEMIGOD which is part HUMAN be higher than an Angel? Let's say Michael is a Demigod, give him Divinity A or B. I don't even know why were arguing about what rank an Angel would be when it's a freaking Anime Universe. We don't know what they would class an Archangel as! seriously, I already have his NPs. wWhy don't you PM me so we ca wrok this out. Were not supposed to fight here.

I'm not sure who pictures Romans with swords all over given that the centurion is their iconic thing. Perhaps you mean Greeks?

More divinity doesn't necessarily mean better or whatever. I mean, can you really say that Zeus and God are on the same level? Of course not. What about all the Olympians and titans vs God? Complete steamrolling. Omniscience? Nope. Omnipotence? Nope. By matter of authority, it isn't even a contest. Yet Zeus would be assigned full divinity by the Nasuverse. Christianity tends to use a different scale entirely which results in a bit of conflict. Yet the system would try to adjust to match it as best it can while respecting the main classifications made. Like they wouldn't move Zeus down from full divinity just because there's clearly a higher one. And they wouldn't elevate someone from a zero divinity level based on something aside legend. Pharaohs claimed a degree of divinity. So by Nasuverse they could and probably would have it. Does that make them somehow better than (insert name of hero here that doesn't claim part divinity)? Of course not.

If you think this is a fight, you're taking this way too personally. If me explaining why what you want is doable within the system and that the incorrect thing you're sticking to is just hindering what you want is something that you call fighting, just ask me to drop it and I'll drop it. I couldn't care less if you decided that you were or weren't going to do something based on whatever.

No, the Roman legions in Popular culture are depicted as using swords. The Centurion was a soldier who commanded 100 troops. They mainly used swords, but the Miles or ground troop used the Pilum or spear.
Hey, I'm just trying to make a Michael based on how I see him on Earth. I feel like if you want to make a Michael on how you see him, that is fine! Make your own based on how you see how you would be, just leave my Michael out of it. Make a Freaking Uriel for all i care! I feel like your criticism is infringing on my rights to how I see something! The boss said it was ok! I asked for HELP not CRITICISM. By help I meant like What should his NP be, or what stats should I edit, not "Hey, lets debate what stats a Major Christian Figure would have!"
Seriously, make your own freaking Michael or help via my definition of help.
As you can see, I don't take criticism well...

Whoever's sporting the Romans that way I haven't come across yet. Even if the centurion isn't every Roman soldier, that's how I tend to see them depicted, with a commander, a bunch of guys with spears/pilums with extra large shields.

Say more irrelevant things because I don't care about making an angel? Last I checked, the GM okayed it with extra subtext and you opted to not do it, possibly because you didn't like that subtext. So as your definition of help doesn't address that, it'd be a waste of time as far as this RP is concerned. Talking about the matter of divinity is what actually goes into the GMs decision making. I'll drop the subject but helping you with that doesn't do anything to change the situation.

Every Roman soldier had the Scutum (The large shield) The Gladius (Shortsword.) and the Pilum. The Centurion had an ear to ear plume. Really, except for that, they were The same as other soldiers.
I'm making St Michael in case I ever make a Fate/ RP.
Also: it is good to meet someone who knkws as much religion ( or more.) as I do. I hope we can have some fun working together in this RP. St George is best Servant in the RP!

The Christian god in nasu doesn't care about anyone and just exists to exist with implied high tier power. Djinn are actually divine spirits in nasuverse too. Shaytan was a divine spirit most likely but is now an elemental.

The Christian god in nasu doesn't care about anyone and just exists to exist with implied high tier power. Djinn are actually divine spirits in nasuverse too. Shaytan was a divine spirit most likely but is now an elemental.
So, it's Yahweh of the Old Testament?

I'm hardly such a connoisseur. I'm sure we'll work together just fine.

I'm hardly such a connoisseur. I'm sure we'll work together just fine.
Funny, you seem like you've studied Angelology or Religion or something.
But is everything I have that we didn't talk about good?

I took a class a long time ago but most of it is by normal, everyday osmosis. What part of it do you want my thoughts on?

Nationality, Alignment, Parameters, and Battle Continuation
(As I said, if teh Grail war was in heaven, he would be all A, but it's on Earth.

Status
Not open for further replies.