Fate/Mark Last OOC and signups

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool! Lemme get started on my character's profile then.

Yes, 3 master slots available, now 2.

Me
Phantom
Phantom again
Zlo
Holo

Alright then! By the way, I have some details about my character that I want to clarify with you Nevvy. Will PM them to you in a bit.

Hmmm. You said the Servants have to be Original (Which makes sense and is cool) but does that mean we just make up everything completely OR do we just choose someone from History that wasn't in Fate?

Here's my character for the RP:

------------------------------------------------------------------------​

ARlRV0E.jpg

Name:
Takahiro "Taka" Kurosawa

Japan

College Student / Magus

Appearance:
Taka stands at around 5'10 and weighs approximately 150 pounds. He is mildly built with distinctively Japanese facial features such as narrow eyes, light skin tone, and prominent nose bridge. His hair is cut into a simple bob and has a distinct shade called "Nuregarasu". Nuregarasu is an idiom literally meaning "wet crow"; it describes a particularly lustrous black hair which seems to shine with tones of blue and green, like the iridescent feathers on a crow's wing. He is often seen wearing formal clothing such as coats, dress shirts, neckties, and leather shoes. He is never without his glasses due to his bad eyesight.

travel, tea, shrines, collecting trinkets, reading, photography, his family

Dislikes:
gloomy people, rainy days, The Mage's Association, idiocy, cockroaches

Wish:
To prevent his ancestors' magecraft from dying out.

Personality:
Taka is a driven young man who believes that anything can be achieved through hard work and perseverance. He is a righteous person and will try to avoid dipping into evil unless he's left with no other choice. This righteous nature is a double-edged sword though, making him susceptible to crafty and manipulative characters. Taka has a great sense of pride and honor to his ancestry which is what fuels his desire to win the Holy Grail War.

Taka doesn't particularly enjoy fighting but he will always give his 100%. He tries to avoid killing his opponents and he will even offer the option of surrender if he managed to back them into a corner.

Bio:

Born as Takahiro Ishikawa, Taka is a 13th generation Omnyoji of the Kurosawa clan. The Kurosawa is the only remaining school of Onmyodo in Japan after the magecraft form experienced heavy decline over the centuries. Onmyodo was considered obsolete by modern standards since many of the phenomena created through it can now be realized through modern technology. Taka was taken from his family at an early age due to possessing "Nuregarasu" or hair that looked like a wet crow. Nuregarasu is believed to indicate great potential in an onmyoji and it is said that Abe no Seimei also possessed this physical quality. His memories were wiped clean and he was reeducated to instill a strong sense of duty and devotion to Onmyodo and the Kurosawa clan.

Taka's natural talent for Onmyodo manifested itself early on in his training and pretty soon, he became one of the most prominent onmyoji of modern times. In his 18th birthday, the Kurosawa's clan master tasked him with joining a ritual called The Holy Grail War that was being held by the The Mage's Association. The clan master sees The Holy Grail War as a perfect opportunity to showcase just what Onmyodo can do and hopefully revitalize enthusiasm in its study. Taka was more than happy to oblige to the clan master's orders and resolves himself to restore Onmyodo to its former glory.

Magus rank:
B

Magical background:

-=Onmyōdō=-

Onmyōdō is a form of magecraft that hails from Japan that combines natural science, occultism, and esoteric cosmology to produce miraculous phenomena. This school of magecraft was prominent during the 7th and 8th century but has experienced an extreme decline in modern times. Nowadays, only a handful of magus practice onmyōdō and Taka is considered a prodigy among onmyōjis. This school of magecraft excels in divinations and curses.

[Shikisen]

A form of divination that observes the life cycle of a phenomena. It makes use of the Chinese sexegenary cycle which has six "Ren" or celestial stems. The six Ren indicate an entire movement of the sexagenary cycle, during which an event – object may appear, rise to maturity and then decline and disappear. This is the core of modern onmyodo and their chosen method of reaching Akasha. Traditionally, Shikisen is performed using a divination board but Taka is able to do so mentally, having programmed a divination board in his mind.

In combat, Taka uses Shikisen to predict events that might occur during the battle and formulate a strategy to take advantage of said predicted event.

[Kekkai: Taijou Shinsen Chintaku Reifu]

One of Onmyodo's most powerful spells. Taka is able to setup a barrier by placing 72 paper talismans in accordance to the principles of Yin and Yang and the Five Elements. It is completely useless against tangible beings like humans and animals but quite potent against spiritual creatures like demons and Servants. A Servant caught inside the barrier would experience significant weakness which seems to get worse as time goes by. Setting up this barrier takes a lot of preparation but once erected, it can only be dispelled by destroying all 72 talismans. The barrier can be damaged through brute force using A rank magecraft or something with similar firepower but it will repair itself in a few minutes.

[Noroi]

A Noroi or curse is a spell that causes debilitating effects to opponents. Onmyodo specializes in casting and breaking curses. Curses range from simple ones such as causing sleeplessness, blurred vision, or fatigue to more sinister ones such as turning people inside out. Simple curses can be cast using incantations but more complex ones requires at least two things to activate; a sacrifice from the caster and an anchor to the victim. Taka is able to amplify curses if he uses his hair as a sacrifice due to its high magic potency.

[Dogū Magecraft]

Taka uses effigies called Dogū as his mystic code. Dogū are not normally used in Onmyodo but Taka has incorporated it into his magecraft due to their effectiveness as prana conduits. He has different types of Dogū each with their own unique way of interacting and utilizing prana.

Gear:
1. Dogū figurines of varying appearance:

a. Heart-shaped Dogu - Absorbs damage done to his Servant. Shatters upon expending all the prana stored in it.
b. Horned-owl Dogu - Repels prana from its surroundings. Primarily used for weakening enemy spells.
c. Goggle-eyed Dogu - Absorbs prana from its surroundings. The prana absorbed by this Dogu can be detonated like a bomb through the use of an incantation.

2. Ofuda - sacred talismans that aid in Taka's spellcasting. Contrary to popular belief, the ofuda itself does not contain a magical spell but rather a part of the spell's incantation. Taka uses these to cut his spellcasting speed which is very useful since curses tend to have long incantations. He activates these by coursing prana through them. An ofuda's durability depends on the quality of material and the amount of time used to prepare it. Simpler ones made with paper can burn up in just one use while those created in hemp can withstand multiple uses before burning up.​

Last edited:
Reactions: Akashi
Anyone in history who wasn't in Fate stay night or zero. If it is a character who shows up in extra or whatever, I don't care but don't carbon copy it. The character doesn't have to be a hero but they do have to be famous. You may have to make up a little to fill in gaps but do so within reason. Heroic spirits are not restricted to just the medieval and earlier. For example, Billy the kid is legal. Nor are they restricted to "good people". Aolf Hitler is also legal if you can figure out what abilities to give him that make sense. They do not have actually had to exist as long as there is a legend. No, Spike from Cowboy Bebop does not count. Gods are not legal for obvious reasons. Demigods are legal within reason.

For those who are unfamiliar, servants....

1. Are updated on modern times by the grail (not legends)
2. Can speak and understand any necessary language (mostly Japanese, being in Fuyuki).
3. Can operate basic modern equipment. The ride ability lets them additionally operate (or even upgrade with prana) anything that they can ride which includes anything from horses to bikes to cars. A rank riding includes mythical creatures though those have few ways to exist in the modern world, prettymuch only coming from a summon by a servant or the like.
4. Are aware of the gist of the holy grail war, command seals, etc.

Oh, and on other notes to try to keep it in on the same page territory, this should be between FZ and FSN in power levels. (where FZ had magi that averaged 2 ranks higher and servants that averaged about a rank higher than that of FSN) So the average magi should be rank C+ish.

Last edited:
  • Thank You
Reactions: Pyralithia
Taka is able to setup a powerful barrier by placing 72 paper talismans around a certain location in a specific way. It is completely useless against humans but quite potent against spiritual creatures like Servants. Setting up this barrier takes a lot of preparation but once erected, it can only be dispelled by destroying all 72 talismans. It can also be destroyed through brute force but it requires magecraft or Noble Phantasms with A rank or higher.

Err... Noble Phantasms aren't ranked on the same scale as regular attacks. For reference, a D rank NP is equal to an A rank normal attack on the Servant scale. Just summin' to think about.

Well, a NP is suppose to be a trump card, so hopefully it could break through a defense

Hmm, how about this then...

The Kekkai can be destroyed by using A rank magecraft. However it gains a rank against Servants since this barrier is really intended to repel spiritual beings. Therefore, a Noble Phantasm of B- rank is required to break it. It's still ineffective against humans and can still be dispelled by destroying the 72 talismans placed by Taka.

Sure, that works out.

Oh right, speaking of Servants, one of the Casters I could use has the ability to quite easily summon a Servant. Not a hack-job like a certain wraith, but an actual Servant (who, due to the situation, can only ever be one certain person and wouldn't take up a slot)

Name and justification can be given via PM, just in case we're doing secret Servants and I end up using it.

Anyway, just wanna see if it isn't immediately 'No'd. I have other concepts to use.

I don't happen to be familiar with the noble phantasm to magecraft scale but I think that it is pretty safe to say that a noble phantasm should be able to smash something that a B rank mage puts up. Well, a destructive noble phantasm anyway. Something like FSN Berserker's god hand obviously doesn't do anything. I don't think that a bunch of people are going to be punching through the barrier so the questions shouldn't need to be too extensive.

As for caster summoning, just do the other stuff first. I'd rather avoid 3 masters by one person for obvious reasons if possible.

Do we have any volunteers among those just controlling Servants to do a master too aside Phantom who already has? We just need 2 more. On that note, could I get each master character to give me a number between 1 and 7, a desired class that isn't the class of the servant that you're playing and an undesired class?

Number: 6
Desired: Archer
Undesired: Assassin

I already have an idea for what hero I'll use for my Lancer. Its surprisingly hard to find heroes that use spears/lances in history x_x

Yeah, but they're there. The swords are everywhere. That's why. It doesn't HAVE to be a spear exactly, though. A nagita, a lance (knights use lances), or something similar would still qualify.

Yeah, but they're there. The swords are everywhere. That's why. It doesn't HAVE to be a spear exactly, though. A nagita, a lance (knights use lances), or something similar would still qualify.
Ya swords (or Xiphos's in Greek) are so easy but spears/lances/big stick with point metal object at the end, not so much, lol.

I have an idea for a hero but I'm not completely sure if she can pull off using a spear/lance/whatever. Can I pm you her name?

Sure. I'm flexible, though, so it'll probably be ok. I'm not going to spaz out as long as it makes sense. Now if you decide you want Merlin to be summoned as Saber...

Reactions: ≈Evërlastiπg≈
Lol, Merlin as Saber, Haha.

Lol that would be pretty epic

Status
Not open for further replies.