2. Adept
  3. Advanced
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
Genres
Fantasy, drama, semi-dark
Obviously based on the Fate series if you haven't figured that out yet.

This is the 7th Holy Grail War. The events of the 5th Grail War were thought to have ended it with the Grail permanently dismantled. It took quite some time but the grail reared its head again after a long train of research and effort from the Mage's Association which was against its destruction in the first place. The 6th war took place 80 years after the 5th. Not much is known about this war but the matter of the corruption of the grail was completely stifled out by the Mage's Association. While they claimed to have fixed the problem, that was a complete lie. It was at least as tainted as before, not that anyone lived to say otherwise. The war emerged with no winner, leaving the 7th to occur 20 years following. Having had two great fires now, Fuyuki City is at a breaking point both on the level of the mages and of the normal humans. There are more than whispers of the city being cursed and the events of the last war were hardly as secretive as they should have been with no actual eyewitnesses but countless unexplained scenes of destruction. The Grail overflows, at its breaking point too after having been denied for so long and temporarily destroyed. The Mage's Association rushes the next war forwards in an effort to use some of the prana within the grail in order to avoid the complete destruction of the city.

Blah, blah, blah. For those who aren't familiar with the Fate universe, this is how the holy grail war works.

The Holy Grail. The Holy Grail is a supposedly omnipotent wish granting device made by 3 founding magus familities (Tohsaka, Einzbern, and Matou for reference) to try to reach Akasha. The important thing for the 7 masters and 7 servants involved is the wish.

Master. This is a group of 7 that are recognized by the Holy Grail and are selected to be the competitors of the war. They each have a servant which they summon and 3 command seals.

Command seals. Each Master will have 3 of these, unique symbols to them granted by the grail. They are proof of being a Master and lack of them is the same as disqualification. Their Servant must comply with any well placed command using these. Wide and vague commands will probably not work or will do very little.

Servants. Servants are heroic spirits, summoned from across history to compete in the war to fulfill a wish that they want granted just as their masters do. They are spirits given physical form by the Grail. Their abilities are far beyond that of humans and magi alike and they sport the abilities that they display in the myths and legends that they come from. Each Servant has their own array of abilities and exactly one noble phantasm. Servants have a set amount of prana which is restored by their masters and used as they fight, exist, use their abilities, etc. If they run out, they will disappear and go back to their time, same as if they were killed in the war. A Servant is dependent upon their Master to exist and without a Master will soon disappear. It is possible for them to make a contract with another Master to stay in the war if they do it soon enough.

Noble Phantasm. A noble phantasm is a Servant's trump card. It can be anything from an ability to a special weapon to an attack or so on. It always embodies the epitome of the legend of the Servant. These are their most powerful tools and usually consume a huge amount of prana to use.

Winning the war. In short, the prescribed method is to wipe out all the other Servants and summon the Grail. There are other ways for it to end, though...

Classes. Servants are split up into 7 classes (Yes, I am excluding the anomaly). They are as follows. Saber, Archer, Lancer, Caster, Rider, Berserker, and Assassin. Each has their own specialties and the heroic spirit should match the class well. For example, King Arthur as an Assassin does not work. I think the classes are fairly self explanatory so I will not explain them in detail. The system is flexible. For example, Archer does not HAVE to use bows and arrows. More important that it is a projectile. Rider does not HAVE to ride an animal. It could be a machine.

Saber - Magic resistance +1 rank, riding +1 rank
Archer - Independent action (Can last longer without the support of a Master. Max is about 3 days of no combat), Increased vision.
Lancer - Speed +1 rank, Luck -1 rank, Magic resistance +1
Caster - Long range enemy detection, Intelligence +1 rank
Rider - Riding +1 rank, Noble phantasm +1 rank
Berserker - Strength +1 rank
Assassin - Stealth, Speed +1 rank

Notes...

1. You will play 1 Master and 1 Servant at most.
2. Your Servant character will not be paired with your master and there's no exchanges of "I get your Servant, you get mine".
3. The Servant will have to share some similarities with the master be it in personality, drive, etc.
4. Balance is key. Things will be balanced or denied if they are not.
5. Ask questions. I don't hold hard to "I'm right. You're wrong." Make a good case and there you have it.
6. There will be no "calling classes" yet.
7. Yes, the title was chosen for the acronym.
8. Please no "will RP" the personality, bio, etc. unless you are seriously going to talk it out with the one who will make the servant for the respective Master so a fitting Servant can be made.
9. On the Masters, please no out of nowhere "there was this 4th overpowering magical family that my character came from".
10. For that matter, use your head and avoid noobery as much as possible. That includes other basic expectations of reasonable grammar, more than a line or two per post, etc.
10.5: When we get to Servants, any of the heroic spirits from Fate/Stay Night or Fate Zero are banned. They do exist. They will not be in this war. Also, no counter guardians. No copies of noble phantasms or mystic codes. Have some originality.

I'm also adding this little thing called Magus rank. It represents how strong a magus the character is. Rank it from A-F, including plus and minus if you wish. As a generalization, there will probably not be 5 A rankers. Here's the rough scale. Note that this only has to do with magical ability, not necessarily fighting prowess. Yes, this can change over the RP but do not expect to go from F to A or anything like that.

A: You're the head of a big magical family and you're pretty strong even among them.
B: You're a strong veteran, very good at what you do but not rank A by any means.
C: Pretty good working magus. Not really anything big time.
D: Novice.
E: Still learning, not very educated, etc.
F: normal human who happened to get mixed up in this.

Sheets.

The Master sheet

Name:
Appearance:
Wish:
Personality:
Bio:
Magus rank:
Magical background: (Explain the magic more than "fire magic", please.)
Gear:

So yeah. Have at it.

Servant template

Name: (true identity)
Class:
Current age: (your servant is pulled through time so they don't have to be dead yet.)
Wish:
Special gear:
Abilities:
Noble phantasm: (one)
Personality:
Any changes or additions to understood history:

Strength:
Endurance:
Agility:
Prana:
Luck:
Noble phantasm:

Class skills:

Vivianne Lucille Aufort - Master of Saber
Matou Yomi - Master of Archer
Ilsesviel "Ilse" von Einzbern - Master of Lancer
Killala "Kil" Ookami - Master of Rider
Takahiro "Taka" Kurosawa - Master of Berserker
Rayne Kanzaki - Master of Caster
Luca Yggmillenium - Master of Assassin

Saber

Strength: A
Endurance: B
Agility: B
Prana: B
Luck: B
Noble Phantasm: B++
KxZtbe9.jpg

9Aawwfh.jpg

Caster

Strength: D
Endurance: D
Prana: A+++
Luck: A
Noble Phantasm: Ex

FLGQByg.jpg

Archer

Agility: C
Luck: B
Noble Phantasm: A

x1hCcDj.jpg

Berserker

Strength: C+
Endurance: D
Agility: D
Prana: C++
Luck: A
Noble Phantasm: C+++

dCyGLQN.png

Lancer

Strength: A+
Agility: A+
Luck: C
Noble phantasm: A++
tumblr_lxaj92l7661r18o40o1_500_zpsc4a43d45-jpg.44585

Assassin

Strength: C
Endurance: C
Agility: A+
Prana: D
Luck: B+
Noble Phantasm: C+

HanzoHattori-4.jpg

cyber_11.jpg

Rider

Prana: C
Luck: A+
Noble Phantasm: A+++

images_zps00b919fd.jpg

Last edited:
Oh man, I've been waiting for something like this for a long time.

Will the Servant sheets be written after all the Masters have been submitted? And would it be acceptable to have a representative from one of the Three Families?

Yes and yes. I plan to let all the masters be picked, then Servants being matched to different masters so one person doesn't control a matching pair. The delay on the Servant sheets is so that the Servants can be made to match the respective master rather than some random pairing that may or may not make much sense.

Alright, once all the masters have been submitted, let me know and I'll have my servant posted.

So you don't plan to do both? I can reserve general spots.

I don't plan to do both, no. If I can reserve a servant spot. I'd take the Saber one, if possible.

There's no class calling at this time but I'll reserve a Servant spot.

Oh, okay, then sure, a servant spot. And let me know once all the Master roles are filled and the CS for Servants are up.

No problem.

1311846-bigthumbnail.jpg
Name: Killala (Kee-la-la) "Kil" Ookami

Likes: Flowers, sweets, water, animals, children, music, reading, mixed martial arts, kendo.
Dislikes: Fire/extreme heat, spicy foods, cruelty, bullies, racists/sexists, bugs, death.

Wish: To become the strongest in the world.

Personality: Calm, passionate, unpredictable, brave, strong, protective, stubborn, compassionate, smart.

Bio: Killala is an orphan, she was found on an orphanage doorstep when she was 18 months old. Since then shes gone from foster home to foster home until she was old enough to get her own job and eventually her own place. Now she lives in an apartment in the "bad side" of town by herself, she's trying to save enough to get a better place but can only work part time with school.

Magus rank: B

Magical background:
Jewel Magecraft: A
Water Magecraft: B
Shared Perception: C
Healing Magecraft: B

Gear: A Katana she has with her all the time.
A pouch of jewels shes stored various types of Mana in.​

Last edited:
Yes and yes. I plan to let all the masters be picked, then Servants being matched to different masters so one person doesn't control a matching pair. The delay on the Servant sheets is so that the Servants can be made to match the respective master rather than some random pairing that may or may not make much sense.

Cool. Looks like I'll be making the scion of the Tohsaka then, because kung fu fire magecraft.

What route is 'canon' in this RP BTW?

Since I imagine more people will be seeing the 2014 anime, let's go with UBW. For the greater part of the RP it shouldn't matter a bunch but I suppose it matters a bit to you.

Mostly for the last name, but yeah. No real bearing on the plot unless someone wants to make something out of Zouken or something else along those lines.

Someone might like the worms enough. Who knows?

Could I reserve a Servant spot as well?

Servant, no master?

As of this point in time, there are 3 masters and 6 servants filled.

I'm thinking on the Master part @.@

Okay. Would you like to reserve a master slot as well?

Mmmm. No...just the Servant spot for now @.@

Status
Not open for further replies.