Fate/Mark Last OOC and signups

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
>Just shy of an Einzbern homunculus

There's a reason Ilyasviel was described as Magic Circuits with a human body, and as having an unlimited supply of prana, you know. The Einzbern are just that good at making homunculi that wreck the potential of any human fleshbags.

And keep in mind that you'd need specialized parts to become the Grail Vessel. Heck, having a crapton of prana doesn't even matter since the cup uses dead Servants to summon itself.

I'm going to make a few changes/notes here.

Why does the field still tear apart magical circuits and the like as though it still had the absorption properties? Making it more difficult to cast and making some stuff not work so well makes sense but the offensive destruction part does not fit in disruption. Ripping apart circuits is a very specific type of origin anyway. Ie like Origin bullet. In exchange, so that she actually does have an offensive ability, I propose giving her a concentrated field, one meant to mess with a single target to be used at a much closer range. The smaller the field, the greater the disruption. So, for example, using it on just a magus' head would have pretty great effect, making incapacitation a pretty doable thing. That would actually mess with the prana flow in their body, making it go haywire like a much more temporary and weak version of Origin Bullet. It would not wreck magical circuits inherently but you could put it like making a human's blood flow backwards in random places. There would be internal damage and casting through it would be nigh impossible. Of course, it would be a bit harder to land too but Kana isn't so trained and that is but one facet of her origin, not the entire thing.

Just like with the magus, prana shaving from a servant makes little sense with them being only more resilient and shaving having little to do with disruption anyway. The anti-servant qualities for rank downs are fine but should be applied to all servants. There is no cognitive reason that Kana's should be exempt. Fields can be considered akin to rule magic. The rules are set in place and unless you shatter the whole thing, everyone plays by those rules. Caster was exempt from the Ryuudou field for the same reason that everyone could have been. Going through the main gate was a hole in the barrier due to the temple theology. It just so happened that she covered herself fairly well by placing Assassin at the gate to prevent others from getting in without getting their power cut down. So unless there is a wide spread rule of sorts like "Being within 3 feet of Kana makes you exempt" or "Touching Kana makes you exempt" or whatever, her servant would be cut down in power too. There are no free rides. Having a connection with Kana would be far too specific and nonsensical a rule because the connection between them would naturally be included in the effective area. The field operating in such a way to not hurt herself directly makes sense but protecting any of her magic other than the spell or whatever beyond the basics of keeping the caster herself safe would result in the field itself creating numerous random and complicated dead zones. Keep in mind that disruption is the primary job of the field, not draining like Shinji's crap field or dampening like the Ryuudou temple barrier. Servant weakening is something that I suppose could certainly be trained to be included but it would never be as strong as a dedicated one like Ryuudou and isn't part of Kana's origin either.

Phantom is correct on the other counts.

Last edited:
Yeah, this concept ain't working out for me much. Uh, I'll hit you up with an idea in a day or so, see whether it's feasible. Failing that, I'll prolly just play a Matou or a Tohsaka. Apologies.

PLEASE BE PATIENT WITH ME ULTIMA-SENPAI. DON'T BEAT ME INTO A CRYING WRECK TODAY.

• Love
Reactions: Crow
Why don't you make a D or E rank since we don't have any of those. They can be like the underdog.

I'm not sure what Killala wants to do more, defeat the other servants, or kill Rider >_< lol.

Too bad. I actually really liked the wheelchair. Doesn't mean I can allow magic beyond modern thaumaturgy but I did like it.

Yeah. Rayne is D rank, all by herself. With a 9 year old brother who's probably at a more B ish level potential but next to no magical education. Lol. Everyone outclasses her.

Easy solution. Suicidal attack. Getting both done.

Your Character will grow to love Rider, like it happen in Fate/Zero

If she doesn't snap first.

I HAVE RETURNED FROM BEING PUNISHED. WHAT IS THE SITUATION FOR ARCHER, NEVVY-SENSEI?

Your original Master has gone AWOL except not AWOL, more like just AWL since it wasn't WOL but rather WL.

And Choi is gonna make you a Master or summin'

Prettymuch. Choi is slated to make a master for you. Its just taking a bit because the first one was a wee bit conceptually far beyond the capabilities of modern day magi and the other proposed idea is pretty impossible to execute. So he's probably just going to end up with a Matou or a Tohsaka he says. Note that if you're a Matou, you're using worms and whatnot, the Matou family magic. And if you're a Tohsaka, you're using jewel magic.

Let me clarify, then. Must include the family magic. Putting twists on it or doing some other brands of magic are fine. Just realize that they had to have learned the family magic early in life, only deviating a bit in later years and understanding that it is breaking tradition a bit. The point is that the family would have shoved them into the family magic.

Tohsaka magecraft is based around jewels right? Also, I wonder why Tokiyomi didn't use kenpo/kung fu like Rin did.

By the way, let's do a little OOC game. What would your character's Battle BGM be?

BGM?
Killala has jewel magecraft

He means background music. For when in battle.

EDIT: They used to use fire kung fu (with jewels on the side) until they hijacked the Edelfelt Crest in Heaven's Feel 3 and rare candied their Jewel Magecraft to elite levels.

Tokiomi didn't use it because he is too elegant and refined of a magus to touch a dirty plebian vagrant like Kariya.

Needs to prove that mage supremacy is the best supremacy after all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.