Farthern Legends

"Drink it slow,, nephew. To fast and you'll only hurt yourself." Patch said, taking a sip of his own pint, coughing softly. He was just a monster, that was all. "Take it sips, not swallows; and give yourself time between them."

" Ok. " He said as he took sips not gulps.

Patch's hooded eyes laughed while he looked around the bar. He knew almost everyone here, except the merchant. His clothes said he was from the coast, which meant he was the one Patch needed to speak with. "Stay here, finish that, then drink the water that Lucus will bring you. I'll be back shortly." Patch said, standing, "And I mean it, I don't need you wandering around town." He shook his head and followed the merchant out of the bar, leaving half of his pint untouched.

Eclipse nodded as he took anothersip looking around the tavern his big purple fox eyes wandering around occasionally stopping on a shiney objct. " Ooooooo.. " he said as he saw a single gem laying alone on the floor. He looks around before getting up from his spot and grabs it walking back to the table with it, he batted at it as he giggled lightly.

Patch stopped the merchant, making up a story to add to the one already well verse in the town. He had a brother at the coast and he wanted to know what the conditions were like. His grand-nephew had yet to meet his grandfather, he explained. The merchant said that the coastal city was only getting worse, it be best to avoid it. The riots and deaths were overwhelming. Patch thanked the man, while thinking of the issues that had arisen. If it was that bad already...

Eclipse looked to patch as he kept playing with the jewl smileing.

Patch rubbed his neck, waving to Lucus. When he got to the table, the water was waiting. "Sober up, kid. Down both of those waters and we'll get going." He said, plucking the gem from the fox's hands. "I'll hang on to this until you're thinking clear."

" H-hey! " He said as his ears laied flat against his head. " Give that back.. " He said before downing the water infront of him.

"I just said you'll get it back when you're sober." Patch said, putting the gem in his pouch. "Can't have you getting distracted by something so small, little fox."

He pouted as he gave patch the puppy dog eyes, he made his purple eyes some how sparkle in the dim lightling. " Please. "

"You are sixteen. You ain't a cub anymore, so quit acting like one." Patch said, shaking his head. "Now come on, we've got a hour to make up." He turned and led the way out of the bar and out of town, whistling.

He growwled lowly as he got up and sollowed patch out.

"Don't growl, you're to old for that. You want to be a wielder? Want to carry a sword, well act like it." Patch said, patting Locklin as the stallion and mare came up. "Do you think people who kill others, and want to kill you, will care if you act like a cub?"

He just stayed silent as he placed his hands on the back of his head looking up to the sky as his eyes changed colors. " Hmmmmm.. "

Evangeline rushed out of the market shop at the end of the street, the merchant chasing after her with a broom. Her short emerald dress hugged her frame and her fiery red hair billowed behind her wildly as she sprinted. She couldn't help but laugh as the old man waved the broom as a makeshift weapon in the air. The reason for his defense was evident as he yelled "Thief!" in her direction though he didn't follow her past the door. The brown sack she carried bulged with different items, food mostly, some of it spilling to the ground as she ran. Of course, looking back to watch the old coot was her downfall as she full on charged into a solid object, knocking her to the ground. The contents of the sack spilled all around her, dirt filling the air. She paused for a moment, stunned and confused. When she looked up she realized it wasn't a solid object she had run in to, but a man. Her wide chartreuse eyes took in his appearance briefly and looked to the younger one beside him then back to the man before her.
"I, I..." She stood quickly, a 5'7" athletic frame with feline features including a slender tail tucked behind her though mostly human in nature, and began to swiftly gather the items closest to her.​

Eclipse looked at the female as he rubbed the back of his head. " Ummmmm.. " He said as he kept looking. " You need any help? " he asked as he looked to the left slightly.

Looking back to the store and seeing the merchant had retreated, she gave the sweetest smile she could though it seemed tainted with venom like a snake attempting to grin. "Yes, yes, that would be wonderful." Her voice was an alto of tones with the slightest purr. She straightened and dusted her dress then continued to retrieve the lost goods.

Eclipse knelt as part of his blade was shown, he helped the feline as he smiled. " Why were you running anyway? " he said as he looked at her.

A chuckle escaped her lips. She was running because these items were stolen, and if he hadn't noticed that, then she had no inclination to tell him. Especially considering the weapon at his side. She did not want to be thrown in to the jailhouse. Not again. So instead she thought up a quick excuse. "I am running away. This town holds no interest to me any longer." The last item was placed in the bag and she stood with it over her left shoulder. "Thank you for your help young sir." She held out her right hand. "I'm Evangeline. Friends, if I had any, would call me Eva."

" Well eva if it's ok with my uncle you can come with us to the coast. " He said as he shook her hand.