Fantasy RP. Anyone in?

• Thread starter The Philosoraptor
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Accepted, once you get that bio up. *begins fapping to human form in corner* This actually paves the way for a cat & dog fight later on (note that Neutral characters are neutral. NO TEAMS. Unless you plan on betraying each other, ending the alliance after a common goal is achieved, or just because you decide to go somewhere else) between Anettia and Daciana.

Do we get a map?

Looks like the only spot left is the evil sorcerer, and Isabel is still the youngest.

If nobody's going for it, V, I'd like to go for the Supreme Force of Good. It's funny how we always get messed up together in some way or another.

If I can type one up in the next 18 minutes, I'll delete this post and post it forthwith. If not, give me until nine this evening. CST

Well, finally! We had Matthias, but I felt he wasn't the kind of SFG I was looking for, so he became our heavenly cleric and my Dark Lord's technical nephew, considering Gaia would be a Great Spirit, and Xanethus is the Fallen Spirit, who was created at the same time as the others spontaneously [NO EVOLUTION YOU SUCKER MEDIEVAL SCIENTISTS! (I'm actually not too religious myself)]. I'm looking for a sort of Archangel warrior character if you can manage.

Do we get a map?

Looks like the only spot left is the evil sorcerer, and Isabel is still the youngest.

Clarify on map, and how Isabel being youngest matters in any way?

It doesn't matter; it's just interesting. Your character seems to be the oldest. I can't even tell what most of the races are. A shapeshifter? An immortal of some sort? Makes it hard to chart them. Half the characters don't even have definite ages.

Will you supply us with a visual image showing our characters' locations to landmarks and/or to each another?

I honestly have a decent computer that I blew up a few years ago. It can't handle really good software for stuff like what you're talking about. If you do have something of the sort, please message me, and we might be able to pull something together.

It doesn't matter; it's just interesting. Your character seems to be the oldest. I can't even tell what most of the races are. A shapeshifter? An immortal of some sort? Makes it hard to chart them. Half the characters don't even have definite ages.

Will you supply us with a visual image showing our characters' locations to landmarks and/or to each another?

Considering the previous post and my message to you, could you make do with an oral image? (That sounded dirty)

Also, Anettia, please give us a legitimate age, aside from some obscure reference to the 13th century of Arisav? I'm actually tempted to call it the 12th century, since I never got the way people counted those. THE 13th CENTURY (13 x 100) WOULD BE MATHEMATICALLY COUNTED AS 1300! NOT 1200!

Problem is, 1st century is 1-99, not 100-199. so 13 x 100 doesn't work.

sigurd_by_athayar-d6jrggb.jpg

(I was sent a PM indicating you all needed some more players. I hope my application is good enough for you. I took elements from a Challenge I did because I was partially lazy. Also, I do not take claim for the used picture.)

Name: Bjorn Helmcleave

Alignment: Neutral

Class: Mercenary barbarian

Appearance: A beastly man with a heavy-set frame mired in taut muscle. He is roughly six and four feet in height, and over two hundred pounds in weight. His posture is rigid, bearing broad shoulders with a pride in his heritage. The Northern Vale has given his pale skin an almost ethereal blue tint to it, his hair a frosty snow white, kept long and free as his spirit. He cares not for shearing the beard he sports as a mark of masculinity and virility even in age. Smoldering blue-grey eyes are set deep in his chiseled face, which look as if they could alight from rage.

His equipment is very simple, with steel plated sections that cover vital spots: the chest and heart, upper arm and forearm, the groin, thighs and calves. Beneath it, he wears chain mail that cover the non-essential flesh and reinforce the joints. It is then added flair with a mantle and loincloth made of various furs of fallen beasts.

He dons a tanned leather sheath that contains the greatsword he carries proudly into battle, often considered a "horse-slayer" for its length and weight. If ever disarmed, he can aptly use his fists just as dangerously, and there are hoops attached to either end of his belted waist that contain hand axes for much more personal combat.

When he is not geared for battle, he dons himself in tunics and slacks of neutral tones, and moves about barefoot constantly. His most readily identifiable feature would be the various tattoos that adorns his pale skin, paintings denoting his heritage and great beasts that hold unique meanings for the barbarian, most notably: A great bear across his back, standing on its hind legs and reaching into the air.

Between its paws fly a raven, and at its feet there is a prowling timber wolf, each symbolizing a tenet held dearly by the Helmcleave clan.

Powers/Abilities: Bjorn is a perfectly normal human being. However, his upbringing has endowed him with incredible physical prowess regarding strength and stamina. He can withstand the kinds of cold that kill lesser men, and his mind is as sharp as the blade that he carries, rooted in the here and now. Charms have no effect on him, and despite his uncivilized upbringing, his forging in the fires of war temper him from the surprises of magics.

Personality: No patience for nonsense, and as a result, has adopted a cynical outlook as cold as the mountains that he hails from. If you are not worth the words, he will ignore you. Although his clan values loyalty, he is still a mercenary. As such, he can be bought. But bonds forged with him are nearly unbreakable, but equally difficult to obtain.

Biography: Bjorn hails from the Northern Vale, a set of great mountain ranges. Its icy peaks had been his home for several years, mired in the belief that the winds carried spirits to the afterlife and other such mythical tales. His people were warriors, hunters, gatherers, and tradesmen. He was apprenticed to his father, the village blacksmith, where he learned how to craft weapons and armor in a society that scraped by without the gifts of civilized technology.

When he was not training as an apprentice, his father taught him the art of battle, which he continued to hone throughout his life to the present day, making him a dangerous adversary when it came to conventional and guerrilla warfare.

As the years passed and his father and mother went with the winds, Bjorn took up the mantle as chief blacksmith of the village. However, as all young men were wont to do, wanderlust grew in his heart. He took up an apprentice of his own and taught him everything he knew up to that point before packing his belongings and making his way out of the Vale.

Leaving behind his village with the world at his feet, Bjorn spent the next thirty years of his life searching for what he felt was missing. He utilized the skills he knew to keep the stomach full, the mead flowing, and the heart beating: the rush of battle. He saw much of it, in skirmishes and wars where the highest bidder bought his blade to shed the blood of a people he did not know.

Over time, he developed a reputation as a sort of immortal warrior for his exploits and seen as a blessing in your camp, or an omen of death on your horizon. As of late, he has seemingly fallen into obscurity, like a ghost that never was.

In actuality, he lives in peace again. He has not seen battle for a good long time, in part as there hasn't been a war that interested him in the last decade. Instead, he wanders from inn to inn, boozing up with the large amount of coin he'd earned himself.

Perfect for the Mercenary. You're in.

Problem is, 1st century is 1-99, not 100-199. so 13 x 100 doesn't work.

Ah, so it counts up by 99s. Then it's not a century. Also, if you're next argument is that historians just corrected the path, that doesn't work. If a thing starts way, and it's supposed to continue in the same path chronologically, then you can't just change a system of measurement.

So you still want me to put an exact age right?:]

Ah, so it counts up by 99s. Then it's not a century. Also, if you're next argument is that historians just corrected the path, that doesn't work. If a thing starts way, and it's supposed to continue in the same path chronologically, then you can't just change a system of measurement.

No it's still 100 years, except for the first century because year zero isn't a thing. But year 100 through 199 is a hundred years, since it changes over at exactly 12:59:59.99... on New Year's Eve.
The system is sound, year zero just doesn't exist which fucks everything up.

Also, Anettia, please give us a legitimate age, aside from some obscure reference to the 13th century of Arisav? I'm actually tempted to call it the 12th century, since I never got the way people counted those. THE 13th CENTURY (13 x 100) WOULD BE MATHEMATICALLY COUNTED AS 1300! NOT 1200!
It's because the 0's AD count as a century. 0-99. The second century is 100-199. Third is 200-299, et cetera.

Anyway

Yes, his Mortal Form is in fact a woman.

Name: Aurus
Alignment: Good
Class: Supreme Force of Good
Appearance:
Angelic Form; Shown to allies and used as an Avatar of Divine Retribution
Fantasy-Archangel-Art.jpg

Mythos Form; A form reminiscent of the old Avatar of Divine Retribution, assigned to Aurus by those outside of the main beliefs
128_Archangel.jpg

Mortal Form; The form Aurus takes to walk the earth and lead his unwitting apostles to secluded places so he may reveal his true form, also his form taken as the Ferryman of the River Styx
the_huntress_by_zephyr_z03-d483bgg.jpg

Powers/Abilities: Telepathy, Godforging, Light Enchantment, Form Change, Flight (Angelic Form), Functional Immortality, Death's Kiss (Mortal Form), Master of Blades, Unrelenting Stamina, Resistance to Darkness and Shadow

Personality: Encouraging, Tenacious, Treats his comrades like brethren and equals, Forgiving of failure, Empathetic, Understanding

Biography: Aurus was created as a divine entity for the sheer purpose of dolling retribution. Originally, he served under his predecessor, whose form is still considered his, as the Avatar of Divine Retribution. For 100 days and 100 nights, Aurus trained with the longsword and the shield, never resting, nor eating, nor drinking. After he was finished, he matched his predecessor's skill with the longsword and shield. After a week of rest, he spent another 100 days and nights training with the claymore, again, never resting, eating, or drinking. Another week of rest, and he began with the spear. Then the dagger. Then the sickle. Then the scythe. He was learning the ways of the bow when his master was killed by an entity of darkness. He was on his 34th night. He then sought to hunt down this entity and strike him down. He succeeded and was given the title of his predecessor; Avatar of Divine Retribution. He was also given the domain of Ferryman of the River Styx by his creator, so he visits men in the night and gives them a kiss, allowing them to pass on. Time passed and he was recently given another charge as the Avatar - to cast Xanethus from the Throne of Shadows and end his wrought.

They should've just bit the bullet and made one. Going from 1 BCE to 1 CE is just fucked.

So sorry for the delay! I'm still in this I just got side tracked! I will be adding Daciana's bio soon! :D

The evil sorcerer isn't taken yet, is it?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Name: Whim

Alignment: Evil

Class: Entropy Warlock

Appearance:
f95g.png
5' 10"
trwc.png
incorporeal\formless

A bald half-elf sage, keeps to non-flashy attire, and always a loosely fitted cape; he never dons special robes for any occasion, and so is always dressed in semi-moderately defensive enchanted robes. His "other form" as it were, is his familiar and pact-keeper, it does not answer to him, nor does he answer to it.

Powers/Abilities: An incredible range of various abilities, though can seldom, approxomately four times a day depending on power, be cast and are completely uncontrollable, even to the point of what he casts.

Personality: Typically unpredictable, misleading, gleeful at the idea of being able to control the weak, and uncaring of local law or tradition. He gets drawn further into insanity the more fun he is having.

Biography: Born incapable of growing hair and the son of an elven duke, Whim spent the first eight years of his life trying to make his head less boring. His journey ended when he merged his skeleton with an entropic-ghast that his mentor, his father's evil chancellor, found living in a box of cornflakes. Since then, Whim has been forcefully governing small villages, sometimes four at a time, until he got bored of them and destroyed them, ever looking for something new to do, or something old he hadn't done in a long time.

For his powers, I intend to make a list of maybe 100 spells and use random.com every time he casts for the spell he uses.

Last edited by a moderator:
Whoot! Okay I added Daciana's background! It took me much longer than I thought it would. O.O

It's because the 0's AD count as a century. 0-99. The second century is 100-199. Third is 200-299, et cetera.

Anyway

Yes, his Mortal Form is in fact a woman.

Name: Aurus
Alignment: Good
Class: Supreme Force of Good
Appearance:
Angelic Form; Shown to allies and used as an Avatar of Divine Retribution
Fantasy-Archangel-Art.jpg

Mythos Form; A form reminiscent of the old Avatar of Divine Retribution, assigned to Aurus by those outside of the main beliefs
128_Archangel.jpg

Mortal Form; The form Aurus takes to walk the earth and lead his unwitting apostles to secluded places so he may reveal his true form, also his form taken as the Ferryman of the River Styx
the_huntress_by_zephyr_z03-d483bgg.jpg

Powers/Abilities: Telepathy, Godforging, Light Enchantment, Form Change, Flight (Angelic Form), Functional Immortality, Death's Kiss (Mortal Form), Master of Blades, Unrelenting Stamina, Resistance to Darkness and Shadow

Personality: Encouraging, Tenacious, Treats his comrades like brethren and equals, Forgiving of failure, Empathetic, Understanding

Biography: Aurus was created as a divine entity for the sheer purpose of dolling retribution. Originally, he served under his predecessor, whose form is still considered his, as the Avatar of Divine Retribution. For 100 days and 100 nights, Aurus trained with the longsword and the shield, never resting, nor eating, nor drinking. After he was finished, he matched his predecessor's skill with the longsword and shield. After a week of rest, he spent another 100 days and nights training with the claymore, again, never resting, eating, or drinking. Another week of rest, and he began with the spear. Then the dagger. Then the sickle. Then the scythe. He was learning the ways of the bow when his master was killed by an entity of darkness. He was on his 34th night. He then sought to hunt down this entity and strike him down. He succeeded and was given the title of his predecessor; Avatar of Divine Retribution. He was also given the domain of Ferryman of the River Styx by his creator, so he visits men in the night and gives them a kiss, allowing them to pass on. Time passed and he was recently given another charge as the Avatar - to cast Xanethus from the Throne of Shadows and end his wrought.

Accepted

The evil sorcerer isn't taken yet, is it?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Name: Whim

Alignment: Evil

Class: Entropy Warlock

Appearance:
f95g.png

trwc.png

A bald half-elf sage, keeps to non-flashy attire, and always a loosely fitted cape; he never dons special robes for any occasion, and so is always dressed in semi-moderately defensive enchanted robes. His "other form" as it were, is his familiar and pact-keeper, it does not answer to him, nor does he answer to it.

Powers/Abilities: An incredible range of various abilities, though can seldom, approxomately four times a day depending on power, be cast and are completely uncontrollable, even to the point of what he casts.

Personality: Typically unpredictable, misleading, gleeful at the idea of being able to control the weak, and uncaring of local law or tradition.

Biography: Born incapable of growing hair and the son of an elven duke, Whim spent the first eight years of his life trying to make his head less boring. His journey ended when he merged his skeleton with an entropic-ghast that his mentor, his father's evil chancellor, found living in a box of cornflakes. Since then, Whim has been forcefully governing small villages, sometimes four at a time, until he got bored of them and destroyed them, ever looking for something new to do, or something old he hadn't done in a long time.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For his powers, I intend to make a list of maybe 100 spells and use random.com every time he casts for the spell he uses.

At the moment, I'm in conversation with another on the position. When they have their post up (or if it's up already), I'll compare theirs and yours to see who gets the position.

Status
Not open for further replies.