FANTASY - Heavenfall (A Truly Epic RP)

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, okay. Well, I guess I should probably do something else other than the vague character idea I had then. Thank you for your explanation.

Reactions: WarriorHeart
Name: Hiawee [Translation: Dove]
Race: Erodate

Hiawee_zps47f97c93.png

Appearance: Small and fine-boned with long, straight dark hair that she is very proud of. However, her hands are her true beauty. Sculpted with a matchless grace, her long nimble fingers and slender wrists are at their finest when in motion. Whether she is gesturing while she speaks or at her beloved weaving, her hands move like they are dancing, unconsciously putting nuance and grace into every motion.

Role: Rider/weaver.

Gear: Thick fur Robes which were a gift from her Papa and brother to keep her slender form warm when flying. Under her robe she wears colorful clothing either of leather or cloth (made by her hand) either of which are bedecked with patterns painted on or woven in that seem to imply language or written music but are not translatable for all that eyes are often drawn to them.

Arsenal: Small dagger with an exquisitely carved handle (a gift from her Papa), mostly used for utilitarian purposes. A sling (not a slingshot) and a small pouch of pebbles she gathers as she goes.

Personality: Sweet with an unexpectedly dry wit she holds her tongue but lets her actions speak for her in most cases. She is nowhere near as delicate as she looks, she works hard and loves just as hard. Devoted to her brother and her loving parents she sees beauty in the world around her. Her appreciation for that beauty shows in her eyes and the way she tilts her head to catch the voice of the wind as it whispers to her and it shows in the fabric she weaves. A dance of color and pattern decorates whatever she makes and her product is always as beautiful as it is useful.

History: Hiawee and her twin brother Sahale, are the only children of the two most noted artisans of the Ipanoquat tribe. Kimama and Anakausuen. Their mother Kimama's pottery includes pieces both functional and ceremonial which are always of incredible design and excellent craftsmanship. They are among the most prized in the land. Kimama and her husband both had a hand in developing the glazes that are the signature touch of their craftsmanship. Anakausuen for his part is a noted sculptor and woodworker. He is an artesian who can make even the simplest knife or bow into a breathtaking work of art.

The twins performed the Cadea ritual when they were 10 as is customary, bonding with their respective balaure. Just as Sahale is prone to slipping into trance when he paints, Hiawee loses herself in her craft falling into a state that opens her up to the patterns of the universe which she endeavors to put into fiber and paint. If she is disappointed about not being allowed to learn all that her brother is, she keeps it to herself and simply watches and perhaps wheedles some of the learning from him when she can, if only to improve her craft.

Name: Lomasi [Translation: Pretty Flower]

Lomasi_zpsb0ca5d2d.png

Relationship: Maybe a little lazy, he is mostly laidback and does as his tiny mistress tells him without much fuss. He is large enough (one of the largest in the flock) that he does not have to extend much energy to maintain his status but also does not have to work at being dominant which is just fine in his mind. He's frighteningly cuddly for a large, fanged beast but is as protective towards his tiny rider as is her older brother.

Last edited:
We have like 1 guy out of 10 girls lol

There is a second one coming. My character's brother is in progress. But yes, it is female heavy at this point.

Edit: Muirgen: confirmed for Ninja!

Hey @Nightjade - hopefully by the end of the night, it'll be at least 2 guys out of 10 girls! *grins*
Lol just 8 more to go!

Hopefully I can come up with a character worth seeing and have a female on the way as well.

@Adelaide Tabs can be tricky...very tricky. When you have made all of your changes to the content, go into the BB Code Editor. There is a button for it [kinda looks like a yin-yang] in the upper right corner. For some reason, random pieces of code pop up and you can't see it in the normal Editor. I spent several hours going through my intro post to make it work. With your one break, I would start looking around there. I'm sure you'll find it.

As far as having a bunch of women and no guys... that will change. I know several players who are going to make some chars for this but haven't gotten around to it yet and most will be male.

Also, based on the response thus far; how does everyone feel about me making this into a group? Mt thinking is that each race will have it's own thread for day to day stuff in those regions. It will be much cleaner, easier to follow and I feel like it would be easier for me to stay on top of things. Thoughts?

I'll poke around and see what I can do. I twiddled with it some when I posted it and couldn't make it work.

I'm fine with the group, though I've never been part of one as they are laid out here. So I guess that's another cherry for you to take. :bsmile:

Edit: Looking good! Is that a set of your own design?

I can always make a male character, as well. I just want my first to be female, if you don't mind. As for making it into the group with that sort of thought going for it, I think it'd be a great idea to do so. I love organization so to have one thread for each race would be nice, if you're thinking about separating the posts in each thread into different areas.

I'll poke around and see what I can do. I twiddled with it some when I posted it and couldn't make it work.

I'm fine with the group, though I've never been part of one as they are laid out here. So I guess that's another cherry for you to take. :bsmile:

Edit: Looking good! Is that a set of your own design?

XD Mmm. Cherries.

Set?

Sorry, meant Avatar. Did you make it using new-found Gimp skills?

And cherry was referring back to my very first profile message here on Iwaku.

• View attachment 55249 View attachment 55250
    Name: Yuna Stormbrew
    Race: Albita/Cenusui
    Role: Rider - Iertare
    Gear: (Shown in the pics above)
    Dark Maroon Red|Medium Leather with Bronze lining|Chest
    Dark Maroon Red|Medium Leather with Bronze lining|Leggings
    Black|Light Leather with Silver lining|Gloves
    Black|Medium Leather with Silver lining|Boots
    Dark Maroon Red|Heavy Leather with Bronze lining|Shoulders
    Black|Light Leather |Cloak
    A small pouch with medical herbs, ointment, and bandages.

Arsenal: Custom Longbow with a Quiver of approx 60 Steel tip arrows. Twin Daggers and Hidden blades in her boots.
    Personality: Yuna is very independent, never relying on others unless its absolutely necessary, or someone forces her. Despite her cold looking appearance, she actually has a warm heart. Shes compassionate, kind, and protective, much like a mamma bear with her cubs. But when it comes to showing these feelings, she has trouble. After being rejected both by her race (Albita & Cenusui) for being a half-breed, and by men that took advantage of her good nature, she finds it hard to trust anyone. Yuna is a naturally calm person but if you threaten her friends/family she can be a ferocious sheila. Shes also very stubborn when it comes to her view on things.

History: Yuna's parents met while out hunting, her mom for Albita, her father for Cenusui. Everything was going well, until they were overtaken by a storm. They ended up on the same island seeking refuge. From there they bonded and eventually a relationship brewed.

9 months later the Albita showed up at her fathers homestead and dropped off a baby girl. Her mother died during childbirth they suspect due to her larger size from being half Cenusui, and was sent to live with her father. Her father was Lord of House Egida so this left him in quite the predicament, half-breeds were looked down on and thought of as polluted, or lesser beings compared to purebloods. But her father - Orus Stormbrew took her in and raised her well, though he never quite treated her the same has his pureblood children. Her older twin brother and sister always picked on her, saying she was a stain on their family and should just disappear.

Eventually Yuna proved herself a strong spirit despite all the negativity surrounding her, she grew up to be a skilled rider with deadly aim. When she turned 30 she visited Albita in hopes of learning from her mothers heritage. But she was turned away as soon as they learned of her identity, unwilling to accept a half-breed, especially one raised by another race.

Other: Half brother and sister - Dianna and Rignik
    Likes music, exploring, and dancing.

• Name: Venir (Ven-eer)
    Appearance:
    273118__giant-raven_p.jpg

Relationship: Venir and Yuna have been together for close to 40 years now, their as close as Rider and Pajura can get. They completely trust each other with their lives, and their limbs (lol). Yuna and Venir have gotten out of many sticky situations which has strengthened both their skill and their bond. Venir hates seeing Yuna sad so she often acts happy around him even if she doesnt feel it.

I's is done with my hybrid!

Since nobody has made a cenusui character yet i am changing my character to a cenusui rider so there is a more even spread

Sorry, meant Avatar. Did you make it using new-found Gimp skills?

And cherry was referring back to my very first profile message here on Iwaku.

Yes, I did, as a matter of fact.

I know. XD

Since nobody has made a cenusui character yet i am changing my character to a cenusui rider so there is a more even spread
Awesome! *~Nightjade~*'s character is a Cenusiu but thanks for helping to even things out!

I's is done with my hybrid!
Everything looks good except for your character's father. The Lord of House Egida is Thane. Pick one of the other two houses and we'll call it a day.

It would add to the hatred/coldness from her family since they could blame her presence as a black mark that would prevent her stepbrother from gaining any favor to be in line for the next Thane. I'll move you up to the Accepted tab anyway.

This looks very interesting... I'd have to think very hard on what I want my character(s) to be.

Reactions: ≈Evërlastiπg≈
Everything looks good except for your character's father. The Lord of House Egida is Thane. Pick one of the other two houses and we'll call it a day.

It would add to the hatred/coldness from her family since they could blame her presence as a black mark that would prevent her stepbrother from gaining any favor to be in line for the next Thane. I'll move you up to the Accepted tab anyway.
Oh I didnt know who was the Thane and who wasnt lol, I can change it to another house.

Thats what I was thinking lol. Yay!

Edit: Changed to Cantec. Btw I love the new avatar =D @WarriorHeart

@WarriorHeart Have all of the Handlers been claimed? Because I would like to be the Handler for the Albita and a rider for the Otravit

Status
Not open for further replies.