FANTASY - Heavenfall (A Truly Epic RP)

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
If there is still room in this I'd very much like to join as it looks truly interesting.
There's always room! Make a CS and we'll go from there.

@WarriorHeart, I think I completely missed the age in the stats. I was more focused on the physical attributes that late at night, and the only thing I caught was that they go through puberty in their eighties. That's my bad. I fixed it. I also plan on adjusting some information and adding more detail later. I just wanted to get what I had down before I forgot.

I have a few other questions, but I was tired last night after working up my first draft of my CS, and wanted to hold off on questions until my brain space was less foggy.

1. What is the average lifespan of the Lilieci?

2. Does having giant bats mean there are also giant insects since that's what real-world bats tend to eat?

3. How old does an Albita have to be in order to become a Maica or a Preot?

4. Are warriors strictly found in the military, or are there some in other roles such as a warrior Preot or a warrior fisherman or whatever else?

5. Are the roles of Preot and Maica limited to women, or can men also take those roles?

6. What kinds of roles are men allowed to have among the Albita?

I feel like I had more, but I'll likely remember them later, so I'll let it stand at this.

EDIT:
Are the four races allied with one another in any way? Are there tensions between any of the races that could erupt into animosity despite the relative peace the land has for now?

1. I am running with the idea that all of the mounts live about 75 years. Maybe I should put that in the notes somewhere...
2. Yes, there most certainly are giant insects as well as regular-sized ones.
3. Let's say 100 and one has to be a Maica before she can be a Preot.
4. Everyone has a mount and in times of great need everyone can fight. This is a very liquid concept because each race is different in its purpose and structure. I am willing to be lenient on this. I assume that most fighters have a secondary job as well.
5. In Albita society, all of the important roles are held by women.
6. Guards, tradesmen, hunters, gatherers though they would not be in charge.
7. Good question about alliances: Let's say that on occasion the races [except the Otravit] will trade with one another but there are no signed treaties.

Reactions: Thought Manifest
@WarriorHeart, thanks! One more question. Obviously women rule the household in Albita society as you stated in the info. My question is sort of about marriage/sexual practices. If I'm wrong or if you just don't like the idea, feel free to correct me, but I kind of saw marriage as a personal choice, and I see women not being shamed for their sexual practices whether they're monogamous, promiscuous, or something else entirely. Would that be acceptable to you?

I also kind of saw priestesshood as being something that (especially with the White Moon) is celebratory of reproduction. I was kind of thinking that because women are the only ones who can determine a bloodline due to the fact that if a baby comes out of a woman's body, it's obviously hers while a male could easily be or not be the biological father, it wouldn't be a stretch that my character and her siblings all have different fathers. I could see her mom being promiscuous or at least having a couple/few different mates at the time of conception and just not knowing who the baby-daddies of her offspring actually are. Is that okay by you, or should I change things around a bit?

@WarriorHeart, thanks! One more question. Obviously women rule the household in Albita society as you stated in the info. My question is sort of about marriage/sexual practices. If I'm wrong or if you just don't like the idea, feel free to correct me, but I kind of saw marriage as a personal choice, and I see women not being shamed for their sexual practices whether they're monogamous, promiscuous, or something else entirely. Would that be acceptable to you?

I also kind of saw priestesshood as being something that (especially with the White Moon) is celebratory of reproduction. I was kind of thinking that because women are the only ones who can determine a bloodline due to the fact that if a baby comes out of a woman's body, it's obviously hers while a male could easily be or not be the biological father, it wouldn't be a stretch that my character and her siblings all have different fathers. I could see her mom being promiscuous or at least having a couple/few different mates at the time of conception and just not knowing who the baby-daddies of her offspring actually are. Is that okay by you, or should I change things around a bit?

Fine by me!

Reactions: Thought Manifest

Name: Ney`ite (she who runs as the wind)
Race: Erodate.
Tribe: Alohalani(Cloudchaser)
Appearance:
a9f6750fe30ed90669bf466ea041e14b.jpg

The western winds had sculpted her body as much as they had her mind. Her skin was tanned bronze from days spent under the sun but her eyes were the colour of the jade grass on distant hills, sharp as any balaur and as keen as an eagles. She had long legs with lithe calves and strong thighs to aid her climbing and riding, she went bare foot, preferring to feel the ground beneath her be it grass or stone. Her modesty was covered by a long section of cloth that tied at the waist, a similar panel at the back and both held in place by a belt all made from the pelt of deer and a pair of carefully sculpted metal rings. On this belt she hung various pouches, though two never left her side, one was brown and worn, older than her by the aging of the leather, her mothers medicine pouch. The other was made of lighter leather and far newer and in it she kept runes. Her upper body was toned and taut from years of adventures and exploration, while her chest was covered minimally with leather straps to support weaker muscle groups and hold certain parts firmly in place. About her neck and falling to clasp the edges of her breasts was a rabbit fur shrug, keeping both her modesty in tact and her shoulders covered. Her forearms from wrist up were covered in simple, supple leather bracers, though their function was not to stop enemy attacks but to protect her arms from the bows harsh string. Her face held quite attractive qualities if only she smiled more, wearing minimal painted markings across her cheekbones. When hunting she wore a head dress made from the feathers of the first birds she and Swirya bought down but underneath a long braid of thick, black hair fell to the center of her back, not having had it cut since her tenth birthday.

Role: Rider, Vrajitor's daughter, hunter.

Gear:
Medicine pouch- full of herbs, small metal cutting implement, shallow wooden bowl and a pestle.
Pouch - Whet stone, flint, needle, small spool of thread.
Waterskin.
Bag of Runes.

Arsenal: Bow, a quiver of arrows, dagger.

Personality: Ney'ite has a deeply inquisitive nature, coupled with a devout belief that everything, even the wind, has a spirit housed within it. This makes her adventurous and curious with a love for life and exploration, she is usually kind and gentle like a soft spring breeze, happy to listen to others speak and tell her their stories but should her ire be sought she has a fearsome anger similar to a hurricane. She is a smart woman, knowing the names –her races names- for every herb and plant that grows on their floating islands and their uses and doesn't take kindly to being looked down on as an inferior, likely something to do with her upbringing. She is a strong rider, courageous and loyal.

History: Ney'ite was born small and quick, her mother bestowed her name upon her for the way she kicked in her basket and as she grew she lived up to that name. Running before she could walk she was always headlong into a new adventure, so much so her mother spent a good portion of her time trying to keep an eye on her in her younger years. Ney'ite was lucky in the sense she was taught from a young age of the traditions, rituals and belief's of her people from her father and medicine and animals from her mother.

When she turned ten she went with the other children to pick her mount, while the others indecisively flitted between the balaur she walked a straight and true as if the wind itself guided her footsteps, there among the other's was a smaller , pale balaur, much closer to the colour of the sky though it hardly served the creature here on the plains. It hissed and snapped at the creatures around it but as she stretched out her hand it leaned it's head into her touch. From that moment they were a match and she dubbed her balaur Swirya, sure he would be the fastest flyer out there.

The pair were indeed a good match, for when they were not being taught how to fly as one they were out together exploring the island and pushing their own limits. Years passed and the pair had a bond that many praised as a gift or a blessing and Ney'ite couldn't agree more, even when they were not together she could still feel Swirya and when her mother died Swirya was the first to find her in her hiding place.

Choosing the path of a hunter was not unexpected to her father, though perhaps not entirely what he had wanted for her, the job gave her endless time flying with Swirya and fulfilled her need for adventure and excitement. The pair wow the youngsters with how they cut the skies, tumbling, weaving and yes, occasionally showing off a little. Demonstrating to those perhaps a little less in tune with their belief's what could be achieved when one opened their soul to the world.

Other:
Her mother: - Gatete Died from complications in a second pregnancy. It was devastating to the family.
Her father:Ali'imalu Is leader of their tribe and loves his daughter very much, even if she didn't become the medicine woman he had hoped her to be –he always knew it would never happen though-.
Her grandmother (maternal):Eyrina Is still around, much to many peoples surprise and shock, she's a well revered medicine woman.
Her uncle (paternal): - Amanti Is a hunter too and gave her her first bow as a present.
Her belief: - Is very important to her, while she is not upset or phased by those who do not share that belief she does not like it when people dismiss her own without contemplation. She keeps her belief very close to her heart.

Name: Swirya (Swift Wing)
Appearance:
Bansheebyridiculousrandomhero.jpg

Relationship: They are as one be it in the air, on the ground, together or apart. Their bond is stronger than many outside of their race could comprehend. They can feel each other's pain, sense each other's feelings and react accordingly.

WIP

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: WarriorHeart

• Name: Gerrar

Race: Otravit

Appearance:
    Gerrar was never famed for his size, albeit among his own people. He stands at the average height of 82 inches.

risar-the-half-orc-from-mortal-online.jpg~320x480

Role: Master Hunter and and tracker

Gear:
    Convincing stick-
    A barbed club for convincing stubborn wyverns to do what they're told.

wyvern hide clothing- living in a swamp, the wyvern is everything to the tribe.

Arsenal:
    Spear- a heavy bladed polearm, well suited to to an otravit's strength. Designed to punch through both armored rider and mount.

Javelin, similar to his spear, but light enough to be thrown with an Otravit's strength

Boot knife, a combination survival knife and machete, strapped to his right calf

Personality:
    Gerrar has a few traits that can be said to be, out of tune, with his more brutal kin. He shuns the company of all but the wild. Only appearing in society when summoned (and that's if he can't kill the summoner.) He's less quick to anger as well, as such reckless behavior is unbecoming the master hunter

History: Though he is unaware of this Gerrar's father made a bet with the warchief. Gerrar was to be flung into the swamps, and if he returned. His father would have his pick of the warchief's wyverns.

They negotiated coditions for almost a fortnight, it was determined that Gerrar would be taken somewhere onto the next Island, blindfolded, and dropped off.
    Through sheer stubbornness he survived three consequitive bites from the asps lurking in the swamp. He learned of them first, but it took four more bites before he caught one. He administered controlled doses of the asps venom to himself until he'd rendered himself nearly immune.
    He worked his way around the food chain from there, studying predator and prey animal. He found that nearly three quarters of the plant life of the swamp was poisonus in some form or another as well. But one small insignificant mushroom with brown spots could cure them.

Eventually he wandered to the sea chasing a swamp hawk. His first drink of seawater went as expected. His first swim found him more food than he could have thought possible. Better still was that MOST of it wasn't poisonous, and he'd rendered himself resistant to those too. Two months in this costal paridise later, wyvern patrols picked him up and dragged him before the warchief.

Gerrar returned a teenager, to find a familiar skull on a pike outside the warchief's tent. Along with all the others that attempted to manipulate power away from the warchief. Picked clean by the scavengers until the skull was nothing but bone white

Gerrar saw another venom here, another poison to be cured of.

The warchief knew who the young man before him was, a debt was owed to his traitor father. The boy inherited dishonor and a wyvern

It was to save face in front of his enemies, that he warchief granted Gerrar the mightiest of his wyverns and gave him a position suited to his skills, he now hunts anything the warchief wants, from Sfarsitul to the erodate islands, provided he doesn't kill the messenger.

Other:
    Anything else you want to include.

• Name: Cuhlivarne (princess)
    Appearance:

rathian_princess_by_izzykarasu-d52r95p.jpg
    Relationship: Their relationship is strange, they both care for each each other deeply. Each one extremely protective of the other, yet she frequently tries to poison him, and he only laughs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello there @WarriorHeart - My dear friend @Adelaide let me know about this, and I'm certainly interested - I just have a question or two. She and I intend to write for fraternal twins among the Erodate, and for this RP I'll be writing a male character for this [thus far] female-character-heavy story. My question is, can my character be a Vrajitor, or a Vrajitor-in-training, so to speak? I see that Pretty Turtle is listed as the Handler for the Erodate, so I was not entirely sure what that meant, or if I might step on anything.

This looks interesting. I think I'll give it a go. Will more extensive information be given when the signups and ooc thread is created?

@Muirgen Since your character will be the son of your tribe's Vrajitor, I see no reason why he couldn't be in training.

@Vaewolf What questions do you have?

Why would Murgien's character be son of the Vrajitor? (I ask since that would make mine and offspring too!). Also Females can't be Vrajitor's or did I read that wrong?

Why would Murgien's character be son of the Vrajitor? (I ask since that would make mine and offspring too!). Also Females can't be Vrajitor's or did I read that wrong?

Sorry, confused my posts there!

@Muirgen If your tribe's Vrajitor has no heir, then I Have no problem with your character being in training. Thanks for catching that @Adelaide!

That was my question...

Define more extensive information for me. Are you thinking in regards to an overall plot?

I feel like the introduction provides plenty for you to build a character. If there are specific things you wish to know, please ask.

• Name:
    Sheosha'ara
    Race:
    Erodate
    Appearance:
    agIgOs7.jpg
    70" tall, black hair and matching eyes. Tall, lean and very strong. Sheosha'ara carries herself proudly at full height.

Role:
    Handler

Gear:
    • A healing kit; salve, sinew, bone needle, fiber wraps
    • Two small, hard rocks; used for training.
    • A belt pouch filled with dried meats.
    Arsenal:
    • Long bow, and quiver (35)
    • Throwing knives (5).

Personality:
    Empathic and kind, often quiet. Mistakenly, she is often taken for timid but she is anything but. Choosing only to speak after careful thought and consideration, she strives to be the voice of reason in any situation, annoyingly so. She's not quick to anger, but is very protective of her charges, and cares for each of them as though they were her own. Sheosha'ara prefers the company of the Balour over that of other people; which is fine since she spends most of her time tending her charges.

History:
    Becoming a Handler is a lifetime of training. Once the current handler begins to feel the effects of old age, the children are evaluated for temperament. Their actions are watched and scrutinized, until three children are chosen. They are taken into the nursery and then the real selection process begins.

They are each trained in how to care for the Balour, assisting the handler in all tasks for a year. They live in the Balour nest, doing naught but caring for and training the young Balour. After two years of training the ritual takes place, and the children partake in journey of the soul.

Each journey is personal, and no two are ever the same.

Sheosha'ara remembers her own fondly. It was a particularly warm day, and Handler Heton'heh took her hand and smiled down at her. "Today is the day we learn your destiny, young one," his voice had a strange musical quality to it that always made Sheosha'ara feel giddy. His words wiped away all traces of fear she had felt and she felt an overwhelming since of calm wash through her.

Heton'heh led her through the nests and into a dark room where a bed mat was sitting the the direct center of the floor. A small brazier sat in front of the mat, burning some heady herbs that she had never smelled before. "I do not understand, Handler. What is it I'm to do?"

He shook his head and gave her a warm smile. "That is not for me to know, young one. This is your journey, I know only that it begins here." With that he let her hand go and stepped from the room.

Glancing around at the bare earthy walls, Sheosha'ara decided that she would pray. Lowering herself to the mat, she closed her eyes and spoke to the world. Beseeching the spirits to direct her to the path she was meant to take. Her body relaxed and she felt a pull in the pit of her stomach.

She allowed herself to be pulled, and she was no longer in the dark, heavily scented room. Instead she was above the islands, wandering though the air. She was a blade of grass on the wind, and the wind blew her back and forth. It was exhilarating; liberating. Sheosha'ara's young mind wondered if this what what it was like soaring on the back of a Balour.

The wind died, and she hurtled toward the ground, with increasing speed. She was on the ground again, unable to move as a horde of flying insects covered her body. Sheosha'ara remained calm, moving wasn't possible before the insects, struggling against the impossible would be futile and exhausting.

The insects were gone. They flitted off a few at a time, and the more of them that left the more Sheosha'ara found that she could move. An egg lay on the grass in front of her. Bigger than any egg she had ever seen, it came up to her knees. Closer inspection revealed a large spiraling crack. For the first time since Sheosha'ara panicked. The egg was damaged. Why was it damaged?

Sheosha'ara was shaking as she pulled off her cloak. The babe inside could still be alive, and healthy even, but she needed to keep it's temperature up. The wind rushed up, tugging and pulling at the fabric in her hands. Sheosha'ara struggled to keep her grip as she wrapped it around the egg. The wind roared in her ears. Her body ripped from the egg.

The next thing she knew, Sheoshara was blinking against the rising light, Heton'heh smiling down at her.

Other:
    It's important to understand that she was raised by the former Handler. Though she knows of her birth parents she considers the Balour her immediate family.

Last edited:
GM NOTE:

We have 3 CS for Erodate and 2 more pledged.

I am TEMPORARILY CLOSING the Erodate until some of the other races can catch up!

Reactions: Turtle of the Tired
We are working on them and I hope to have something up for you tonight. I'm very excited about this.

I am specifically speaking on magic and history within the races, as well as the different societal classes.

Magic is addressed. It exists but no person may control it. Think of it as mostly lore. This is non-negotiable as there are some events I will implement later in the RP which depend on this fact.

As far as history and social classes within the races, be creative! I have included what I feel is necessary for the RP. Player contribution is what fills in those blanks.

Does that help?

• Thank You
Reactions: Adelaide
Um, not really what I was looking for but speaking generally, yes it does help. So, there's magic but none of our characters are allowed to have it? I take it that since you want us to be creative with social class and history from each race, does this mean we're allowed to have relations to any of the NPCs?

Um, not really what I was looking for but speaking generally, yes it does help. So, there's magic but none of our characters are allowed to have it? I take it that since you want us to be creative with social class and history from each race, does this mean we're allowed to have relations to any of the NPCs?

Characters cannot wield magic, yes.

As far as social classes go, the Erodate would all be relatively close in that field. The Albita and Cenusiu are more structured so there would definitely be different classes based on skill, wealth and power. I am leaving the Otravit a bit more open since I picture them as being almost communist is that the strong take what they want from the weak with an exception going to their religious order.

As far as your character having relationships with NPCs, I don't really mind. My stance on that is make up anything you want within the realm of what is given. MotherOfCthulhu's character is the daughter of her tribe's leader. Thought Manifest's character served as a priestess for a while. These types of things are perfectly fine. If you are wanting to make a character that is related to a racial leader [such as the Cenusiu's Thane] then I would like a PM detailing why you want such a high profile character and maybe a plot idea you wish to implement later on down the line.

I have no problem with players wanting to be in positions of power. All I ask is you bring something to the table that will help the story blossom.

Status
Not open for further replies.