Fantastical and Exciting Adventures... IN SPAAAAACE! (Currently Closed for Sign-ups.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyway, uh. This does look pretty cool and I'd love to join if a spot does open up. So I figure I might as well toss a character sheet in.

Name: Mika Tokugawa
Race: Human (psychic)
Physical Appearance: http://i.imgur.com/bWLmQhw.jpg
Racial Traits: While Mika is a human, she's one of the few that possess usable psychic powers. Her main talent lies in Telekinesis, which is pretty much what it says on the tin: She can move things with her mind. This ability has its limits though, and large scale or constant use of it will tire Mika out. She also has a few lesser talents, including creating flame and minor telepathy (influencing people's emotions, though not to a great degree, or small amounts of psychic communication, etc.) Additionally, as a result of her psychic focus and training, her body is a fair bit tougher and somewhat faster than the average person's.

Personality: Mika is a generally chill girl who thinks her life is pretty cool. She has totally awesome psychic powers, gets to mess with Tokugawa's technology, and generally doesn't have anything to angst about in her life. That said, she's still relatively young and does want to get out and see more of the universe. She isn't quite as enthusiastic about justice as her older brother, but she is generally a good and moral person.

Occupation: Mika is sort of a student, though she doesn't really follow the normal curriculum – more private tutors, self study, messing around with her psychic powers, and stuff. Of course, right now she's taking a break to chase her big brother across space.

History: Mika was a normal girl, born to a normal set of parents who had relatively normal jobs at Tokugawa Industries. Except for the fact that she has psychic powers. While her parents could only be called good parents, they found themselves ill equipped to handle a psychic kid. However, they stuck through with it and tried to raise her the best they could, until one day a solution presented itself from an unlikely source: 'Bring your kid to work day'. It turned out that the Tokugawas had taken a liking to the girl, and had the resources to raise a psychic kid without trouble. So, Mika's parents decided to let her be adopted into the Tokugawa family.

Flash forward to the present, she's heard that her big brother has gone running across space in search of justice or something. Now, Mika had always wanted to get out and see the world, and Akira would most likely be needing, uh... Someone to make sure he didn't get himself killed. And probably repairs for his armor. It didn't take her too long to get on a ship and head out after him...

Skills:
Mika is gifted with technology, a whiz with the stuff. She's more of a tinkerer than a hacker, though she certainly knows her way around computers. She's also pretty good at other academic pursuits, and generally has more book smarts than a girl her age should.
Mika is no warrior, but she knows basic self defense and can use a knife or a gun decently, though not amazingly.
She also regularly trains with her psychic powers and is no stranger to using them.
That said, she's still a teenage girl – not a hardened badass. While she is generally intelligent, she isn't particularly street smart and she's never really dealt with dangerous situations before.

Equipment:
High Quality Laser Pistol
HF Long Knife
A reasonable amount of credits
A smartphone + headphones
A laptop
Technician's tools

Aspirations:
See more of the universe, meet new people and do interesting things.
Develop her psychic powers as far as she safely can.
Keep Akira from getting himself killed.

Philosophy:
Don't let your talents go to waste – develop them.
Take care of the people you are close to (friends/family).
Life is good. Enjoy it, but don't be self destructive about it.

Random Tidbits:
バカお兄ちゃん…

Last edited by a moderator:
Well @BrotherNier, you did show interest fairly early in this... (And as of now it looks like Dip hasn't done anything yet. Kinda wonder where he is) Plus you've got the character sheet... And your character has a unique flavor to them! (I get to think of other potential Psychics! All sorts of fun things with that!)

So as long as you can keep up the "Space Pace"... WELCOME ABOARD!

P.S. It's cool you have made a linking backstory.

Dear,
@Dinorocket
I would lke to ask to join if the sign up ever is open I love the ideas in his you also have very funny characters here and there it looks like fun. so if sign ups are ever open please tell me i want to join!
love
Death girl
Cry

@Cry Whenever the Sign-up round two happens (Exciting and Fantastical Adventures in Spaaaaace Sign-ups II: Electric Boogaloo) feel free to make a CS.

Now sounds like a good time Treboc to remember Ghriin's merchandise. Like I said, perhaps she could become Akira's ally?

Why would anyone want bugged parts?

Because it makes it easier for the Thought Police! Remember kids...

Ignorance is Strength
Slavery is Freedom
War is Peace

Report all thought criminals today!

*This advertisement was brought to you by Oceania... Stay tunned for more programming.*

As for Treboc he has a lot of things to do, he's a busy guy in the Syndicate. (As are they all)

Reminder give generously to your hosts at Lucky Shots! *Insert a friendly grin here*

I think Akira's more concerned about getting to a hospital than replacing it at this moment.

But maybe you should offer it to him IC now that he's stablilizing.

And also convince him why your product is better than something from Tokugawa Industries.

I don't really have much to say right now, other than that Mika is sticking with Akira.

AH, that is noted BrotherNier.

@Xenonia... Hnn... Well, you know what, show me a CS and the idea of your character. Why not...

Name: Elegax the Conqueror

Race: Iaquk, a species of slime based humanoids with bright green skin. Able to shape themselves in a variety of ways, but typically stick to "recognizable, human".

Racial Traits: Are carnivores, can only digest meat. Do not need oxygen to breathe. Able to shapeshift, but always remain bright green goo.

Physical Appearance: Elegax looks almost normal, with flowing hair (shaped goo) and a generally sunny appearance. Only, entirely green.

Personality: Elegax is generally very cheerful, although she is also rather violent. The heir to an ancient empire of violent war-mongering creatures, Elegax was orphaned as an infant when her father decided that she did not need a target on her back at that young an age, and shot her into deep deep deep DEEP space. This has left her with certain emotional issues in regards to dysfunctional families, and families in general.

History: Upon being shot into space, Elegax was raised by the ship that she was abandoned in. It taught her of her people's culture, and their expectations of her when she grew up. This instilled her with a sense of grand purpose, which she intended to fulfill. Unfortunately, upon attempting to return to her homeplanet at the age of 8, she found her father had been, as many emperors before him had been, overthrown. Once again she was forced to wander the stars, biding her time in attempt to gather strength to return and restore her family to the throne.

Skills: Thanks to her teaching, is an excellent military strategist, as well as a born leader. Unfortunately, she is physically rather weak and not particularly sensitive to things going on around her.

Equipment: She has a single antique family pistol, which fires equally antique incendiary rounds. As well, her garments are made from scavenged parts of the machine that raised her.

Aspirations: She aspires to reclaim her throne and restore her family's honor.

Philosophy: The smartest and strongest deserve to rule.

Random Tidbits: Elegax has a secret desire to be treated like a "proper lady".

Huh, Deposed Child Warlord who inherited the title from the previous one ... Interesting... Also Ooze based monster... Ah, the hotter planets are gonna be a pain for that.

Let's see... everything appears to be in order, so... Hm, you know why not.

WELCOME TO THE MADNESS OF SPACE! Why not.

Space is batshit crazy, there are so many possibilities to enter! Maybe she got caught accidentally in a crate in Warehouse District 7b... See the Captain and Grey!

Perhaps she is trying to hire people to fight on her behalf, and chose Lucky Shots as it is a place full of people who'd do that.

Hm... but if you want me to think of something in particular to introduce ya...

Well, we're in Space Vegas. Akira and Mika are headed to the hospital, Chocolate Chip Cookie I think is playing poker, Ghriin is... somewhere.

Essentially. Lucky Shots is Space Vegas (during the time it was ran by the Mob of course).

Ghriin is behind the scenes. Should she hear that her new acquaintence was - shall I say - disarmed, she'll surely show.

Status
Not open for further replies.