Fantastical and Exciting Adventures... IN SPAAAAACE! (Currently Closed for Sign-ups.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm wondering how some of the newcomers will feel towards Ghriin

Why do you care so much about what others think of you?

It's not really unusual to wonder about how people will feel about or interact with your character.

Also as for me joining this, I mentioned to Dinorocket in private that I was going to hang back and watch, maybe join later if I felt up to it. Probably not happening now that it's full though.

Yeah, sorry about that @BrotherNier, especially as you came fairly early to look. Doesn't mean you can't keep looking at it. Hm, I'll let you know if a spot frees up, or something. Again, apologizes that you weren't able to get in before the closing, but eh, these things happen.

I'm wondering how some of the newcomers will feel towards Ghriin
That largely depends on how Ghriin acts in front of them, now doesn't it?

Ghriin's a wanted smuggler. You and our other newcomer, you're all bounty hunters. If they're recognized, she'll run on sight. If not, she'll probably be antsy around them due to intuition. If they see her first, she'll feel daggers. If they call her out, she'll bolt.

Of course, if Akira doesn't object to Ghriin's criminal enterprise, he could perhaps settle her down and make her an ally.

To be specific, she smuggles organs, cadavers, and cybernetics so her people can have better, cheaper access to healthcare. Whatever organs she gets ahold of that aren't compatible with her people's biology, she sells discreetly on the Black Market. She also does guard work, freelancing, and smuggling contracts, but only when she doesn't object morally to said contracts.

Akira's not a bounty hunter; he has no idea who he should go after. You could just lie to him and be fine.

He's actually turning out more trusting than even I expected. And I'm writing him.

Ghriin's very upfront about her trade, since it's something to be proud of in her religion. Hell, she's the best smuggler in her society and was given a title which translates to "Princess of Paradise" in English. She's not the prideful sort, but it's cultural. Anyhow, she doesn't smuggle drugs and she doesn't aid murderers and rapists so chances are, Akira should like her, right?

We'll see how it goes.

I love how this Dingo dude is shaping up to be a stereotypical fedora-slinging neckbeard who says "m'lady" a lot.

VerbalAbuse, could you please stop trying to metagame? You do not have to explain how you are going to react IC. Instead, you should actually make a post IC.
You want to demonstrate how she'll react to bounty hunters? Then have her actually react to bounty hunters. This isn't a hard concept.

Well, who knows what will happen to Dingo Jack...

And while Parser may have phrased his point in an interesting way, join the strangeness of the IC!

VerbalAbuse, could you please stop trying to metagame? You do not have to explain how you are going to react IC. Instead, you should actually make a post IC.
You want to demonstrate how she'll react to bounty hunters? Then have her actually react to bounty hunters. This isn't a hard concept.
I wasn't trying to metagame. Did I seem metagamey? I was just honestly curious. Did my recent post seem metagamey? Or would it be reasonable for a smuggler to think of ways to run from uniformed members of a legal power? Did that come off as sarcastic? I'm sorry, I didn't mean for it to be.

I wasn't trying to metagame. Did I seem metagamey? I was just honestly curious. Did my recent post seem metagamey? Or would it be reasonable for a smuggler to think of ways to run from uniformed members of a legal power? Did that come off as sarcastic? I'm sorry, I didn't mean for it to be.
Seeing as you quite literally just stumbled across the landing spot of the Sycophant, which was trying to attract as little attention as possible. I would say you're metagaming a bit

Hm, as I recall, there was an individual who was greeting the Sycophant earlier, there is a good chance he could cover at least either Grey or the Captain, or make it more difficult to see... Then again, could be at a distance, or Grey/Captain could have moved since then.

Either way, the Sycophant, nice ship, excellent Captain. I suppose Grey truly admires him huh, @cvvc?

Either way, the Sycophant, nice ship, excellent Captain. I suppose Grey truly admires him huh, @cvvc?
The Sycophant is an excellent ship with a fantastic and responsible captain and I will fight anyone who says otherwise.

Seeing as you quite literally just stumbled across the landing spot of the Sycophant, which was trying to attract as little attention as possible. I would say you're metagaming a bit
In this instance I had assumed they had strayed away into the crowds. Was that a misplaced assumption?

Yeah, it is a shame that the Sycophant got the attention of that one guy. But the White Nova Syndicate really cares about making sure the customers are happy. After all, happier customers, more repeat visitors, more money. And greeting customers when they enter, is something they typically try to do.

Ah, the Galactic Samurai, truly a glorious swordsman. Also... The New Jersey Experience got better reviews than Ultraweed.

Status
Not open for further replies.