Fallen

• Thread starter LifeAsALittleSister
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kastia Rose

Tumblr_m4up9sWhAW1rqu0rz.gif

Kastia laughed as she looked at them both, and realized she already made what she called friends after running for so long, it was finally safe to relax. "Okay so let's go to the gunshot then!" She said excitedly but quietly "I don't need protecting I can handle myself" She laughed and grabbed her sickle, and putting the gun from her bookbag overtop of it just in case, she had the safety on to not shoot it as to make sure no walkers were alerted. "I'll follow you guys"

Elias nodded and liked Kastia's enthusiasm. He pulled both her and Hayden close to her and explained both his plans. "The first involves us maneuvering through the back of the building alleyways. There might be less dead walking around back there but there might be a better chance of survival and ammo conservation. However, we would have to move slower and walk a longer distance. If we take a more direct approach, we can walk straight through the front and head towards the gunshot. More direct, but higher chance to encounter the dead. We could out maneuver them more easily should things get messy but its not an 100% promise of safety. So, which do you prefer?"

---

mattbomer6a00d8341c2ca253ef013487656e6b970c.jpg
He had come so close but the trail had gone cold. But he couldn't give up. Not now. The rage inside him was fuel enough to make sure that he would find them. And the key was him. He sat down for a minute inside of the old run down coffee shop he currently called home. His lonely home for a while now. He procured an old journal from his back pocket. A small black leather book, the binding wrinkled, the pages dented and bent from all the use. It had been a journal that had been loved and well used. Flipping through the pages he stopped on one particular entry.
I keep thinking about all the days we used to spend in the back yard. Just pretending
everything was going to be fine. Acting like mom and dad weren't really always
fighting. At least, he tried to make sure I felt that way. And I always did, so I guess he was right.
Ever since he left things haven't been the same. I can only hope that one day he will come back.
I know he will. He promised. And I know he always keeps his word. Elias always does.

The name itself created a frenzy in his mind. It brought up emotions of hate and spite. But also relief because something told him he was close. And he would have all the answers he had been waiting for. Walking towards a mirror near the front of the store, he stared at himself. "I'm going to kill you Elias. So where are you?"

Rivrin watched the house for any movement, her aching leg made her agitated and tired, glancing down her eyes widened in shock as the blood had now pooled around her foot, it was worse than it looked. With a frustrated sigh she pulled a wooden arrow she had made and tied a piece of her white cloth to it, she sent it flying once more through the window aiming high as though not to hit anyone, she wasn't sure if she even wanted to continue even if the smell of the meat was overpowering her starved senses, she was badly wounded and if these people if there were multiple wanted to over power her they could. Rivrin leaned heavily against the tree waiting for some confirmation of a response

Leon kept eating, not caring if most of the people in there wouldn't even try his delicious food. At least he didn't feel bad about not sharing. He turned around as he heard the voice of the little girl and slightly smiled having a better sight of her. She did look sick, but she would get better. Glancing to Manson and then back to her, he noticed they weren't related as he had assumed. Well, maybe that guy wasn't that bad after all.

Right before finishing eating, the sound of shattering glass called his attention. The first thought it came to his mind was that they were being under attack. Maybe a group of hunters or something similar, and he hurried to reach his weapons, which were close to Alaska in the floor. Anyway, with the second arrow, the one with a white fabric, he understood. They had been shot way high to kill anyone, so it was probably some peaceful way to call their attention. However, he was still angry. The glass could have hurt someone and they would need to cover that window for the night, because of the cold and the dead walkers. He took his gun and hurried to the door. After taking only his head and a part of his chest out through the door, ready to get back inside in case he was wrong and an arrow would be shot to his head, he spotted the archer. She was fairly beautiful and didn't look as a threat, but that wouldn't make him be nicer after the violent arrows she shot.

"What the fuck is wrong with you? Already forgot how to knock the door?" asked. Sure, shooting arrows from the distance was a safer way to see what was inside, but he still didn't aprove it.

Rivrin blinked dumbfoundedly at the man, her anger welling up inside her as he cursed at her for her precaution, she knew her agitation was just from the stabbing pain in her leg so she drew in a deep breath and slung her bow over her shoulder, she'd keep the broad head in hand if the man tried anything funny, she glanced around before leaving the shelter of the tree and limped her way over to the house stopping just short of the man "yeah, knocking, Sorry. I seem to have forgotten my manners" she let the sarcasm leak into her voice as she looked at the man for any means of trickery

After hearing her, he was about to tell her to go shooting her arrows somewhere else. But he noticed the wound at her leg. He sighed deeply... Not helping her and making her stay a night out there would be pretty much the same as killing her. Besides, he was already trusting in many strangers, another one wouldn't be so terrible. The worst part would be having two arrogant women around that cabin.

"I can see that..." muttered, taking a second thought about taking her in the cabin. "C'mon, blondie. It's cold and you need a good bandage, together with some lessons about manners." teased as he went back inside, leaving the door opened for her. "Someone else joined us. We should open an inn." announced to the rest of the group. He turned around to the archer once again. "What happened to your leg, anyway?"

Rivrin followed the man inside and looked at the other people gathered there, great a crowd, if they were cannibals she might as well be doomed, she kept a firm grip on her arrow and moved to stand against the wall beside the door, it smelled of the cooking meat in here and she cringed at the idea of it being human flesh, drawing her eyes to man who had welcomed her inside she looked down at the blood starting to pool on the floor, she knelt to pull her cloth strips tighter "I fell off an embankment and landed on some rocks and sticks, not sure exactly what had made it bleed like this as I didn't notice until I was about two hundred yars away or so" standing back up she wiped the blood on her jeans and adjusted her bow against her back

He heard her, and decided to believe her. It didn't look as a bite from a zombie anyway. Her wound was probably pretty deep, because it wouldn't stop bleeding, not even with the cloth strips she tied it with. Leon thought of a way to help, and remembered about some health kit he had taken from an abandoned supermarket. He looked for it on his backpack and found it on the bottom of it. Luckily, he had never found himself in a situation to need it. Inside there were a few gauzes, the necessary to make a few stitches, tape and a small bottle of alcohol. He handed it to her and turned around to rest next to Alaska, he wanted to finally sleep, not caring if the window would stay open for the rest of the night. There was still some food on the table, but he was already full. Anyway, he stopped, sighed and turned to see the blonde woman. "Need some help? I know how to make a few stitches." He wanted to stop caring about that bunch of strangers, but he just kept trying to help them instead of resting.

Rivrin slumped to the floor, the pain making her head cloudy and the loss of blood exhausting her, she laid out all the supplies he had given her, and when he offered to help she sighed in relief, she had a fear of needles and as she untied the cloth strips she knew she'd need stitches "Yes please, also my name is Rivrin" she set the broad head beside her and stretched out her bloody leg, she set her bow beside her as well and rubbed the tiredness from her eyes with shakey hands, another reason why she'd need someone else to stitch up her leg.

Kastia Rose

-==+==-

"Back alleys is my preference, there is already going to be a huge stirring of the walkers due to the gunshot so we better be as safe as possible." Looking back at Elias for his answer, she felt like she was watching some secret spy show and they were going to extract a spy from the enemy attacking. She always wanted to be a spy but in this case she was nervous about doing this but knew expanding their group would be well worth it.​

Already uncomfortable before, Mason seemed even more tense now that there was another stranger in the cabin. Maybe it was the fact that he'd lost friends and family to hostile strangers, or maybe it was that he had a child to look out for, but either way he was wary of others. Always on edge, it could take days, weeks, or even months to gain his trust. Not that he ever gave anyone enough time, or much of a chance, to do so. Since his original group had been lost he'd avoided people as much as possible. Besides the occasional glimpse of a stranger in the distance here or there, this was the first time him and Caterina had been near other living people in a long time. The simple fact of the matter was they were unsafe to be around. Even the nicest looking person could turn out to be cruel. Volatile to say the least, being in the company of one wrong person could be the difference between life and death, and that generally wasn't a chance he was willing to take.

If it was up to him he would have turned the girl away. Injured or not, he didn't trust her. He knew it wasn't his choice though, so he would just have to live with it. Even if he wasn't going to say anything though, his annoyance and hostility towards the newcomer was evident in the look on his face. After standing there for another moment, he sat down. Glancing over at Caterina, he went to pull her up onto his lap. He then put his arms around her in a protective sort of manner, still casting suspicious glances at the others in the room.

Caterina, on the other hand, didn't seem very concerned by the other strangers in the cabin. She simply curled up against Mason, continuing to nibble on the food. Though she was normally a bit nervous around new people, she was still young and naive enough to not be frightened. Besides, she had full confidence in the fact that Mason would keep her safe, and was currently too content with the house and food to think of much anything else. She did stare at the new woman though, a bit interested in her injury. After sitting there for a few moments, she gave a look of slight confusion, and spoke up. "Rivrin?" She asked. "That's a dumb sounding name. Did you make it up? It sounds like you made it up. I don't like it."

Mason rolled his eyes, unintentionally grinning a bit at the child's comment.

Last edited by a moderator:
Leon sighed, knowing it would take him a bit longer to finally sleep. He approached to her, though, and gave her a slight smile. The comment of the young girl made him chuckle. She did have a point towards her name being strange, but he didn't find him exactly dumb. Leon was starting to like that kid for real. Anyway, he tried to focus on what he needed to to next. He sat next to her leg and pulled her jeans slightly up, to have a clear view of the wound. It was, indeed, pretty deep, but it would be enough with, maybe, seven stitches. Of course, there was still a lot of blood covering the cut and he couldn't tell. He took a deep breath to remember all he knew about that. Even if he was far from being a professional, his father was an ex marine, who had turned a bit crazy, and taught him how to take care of himself under any circumstance. He made him sew his own leg when he was only 12, after falling from climbing a tree. Even if he hated his tough measures when growing up, they were the main reason he was still alive and able to help that woman.

He poured some alcohol on the wound and gently clean it with a gauze. With the needle and thread ready to start, he glanced at her. "Ready?"

Rivrin grunted at the burning from the alcohol, she grabbed it and took a pull before nodding her head, she was pretty good with pain, or so she liked to think. She remembered crying a lot when she got hurt when she was younger so she wasn't really sure. She looked over at the little girl to draw her attention away from what was happening to her leg. "It is a made up name actually, or, more of a nickname as my mother named me 'Into The River' and as I grew older I thought it was a dumb name, so I went by my nickname Rivrin... my mother was a Wiccan and a huge hippy, she was a part of the Peace Corps and her and all her buddies named their children odd" She tried to remember what her moms best friend Anna had named her only son "Oh yeah, my Aunt of sorts named her son 'Whispering Mountain Top'... we all called him Whisp for short" she smiled at remembering when they'd all sit around and complain about the names their mother gave them.

Caterina stared at Rivrin silently, her expression making it obvious that she was even more puzzled than before. Most of the words the woman had said made no sense to her, such as 'Wiccan', 'hippy', and 'Peace Corps'. All three of the words felt foreign to her, and she silently mouthed them for a few moments, before glancing over at Mason. Furrowing her brow she reached up and put her hands on his shoulders, trying to get his attention.

This though, was of course unneeded. As usual, Mason was paying close attention to the child. Though he was constantly scanning the room, as he still didn't trust these people, he glanced back over at the girl every few moments. Seeing her puzzled expression, and the fact that she was mouthing the words, he immediately knew what she was asking before she even spoke.
He sighed slightly, trying to figure out how to make her understand what the woman was saying. "...They are new words for you... so don't feel bad about not knowing them..." He said. "It's hard to explain, but... a Wiccan is a witch of sorts... I guess... the Peace Corps... um..." Falling silent for a few moments, he realized he didn't really know how to define the words himself. "Well... her mom was weird. That's basically what all that stuff meant." He shrugged slightly, giving her an apologetic look.

Caterina stared for a few more moments, and then let go of Mason's shoulders, seeming satisfied with this explanation. "Oh, okay."
Glancing back over at Rivrin, she crossed her arms. "I'm glad my mama didn't give me a crazy name like that." She said. "Mine is Caterina. It's pretty sounding, right Mason?"

"It's one of the prettiest names I've ever heard." Mason said, nodding in approval.
He seemed to stiffen slightly at the mention of Caterina's mother, however, as he had done earlier.

Leon noticed she was talking to distract herself, but he still waited for her to finish before beginning with the stitches. Unless she was some kind of iron woman, she wouldn't be able to keep talking while he sew her leg. He would try to find some other way to distract her, though, so that it wouldn't be so terrible. As the little girl started to talk, he put the needle through her flesh, starting with the first stitch. Anyway, the small girl didn't talk for so long, so he just continued to speak about the first thing it came to his mind, giving Rivrin something to focus on.

"I had no hippie parents, but my father was definitely crazy, so I'd probably have preferred a crazy name. He made me start shooting a gun and stitching my own arm somewhere around my 12, and it's funny how I thought I would never need anything he ever taught me. I just wanted to ride my bike, you know, instead of learning some weird martial art. It's like if he knew the world would become this crap." talked, not actually paying attention to his words but to her wound. "I guess I should thank him now. Or maybe you should thank him." added, with a slight smile. It was most of it only crap, because it didn't matter how useful it had been, he still hated his father. "Oh, and I'm Leon." said, remembering he didn't even introduced to Rivrin. "It's a normal and great name. Definitely better sounding than Caterina." added, with an amused tone, finishing the last stitch. He had to make 8 stitches, and they looked pretty good. Finally, he used some gauzes and tape to make a bandage on her wound.

Rivrin smiled slightly at the child, she forgot about the innocent of the world and how they needed to be thourghly protected ffrom the evil things life now held in store for them "Yes my mother was weird, she'd get naked and dance around a fire in the middle of winter and sing to the trees" The only thing Rivrin could remember of her mother was that she was indeed very very weird. "I'm pretty sure your name dirives from a flower, it's a nickname to a desert flower, very beautiful" Rivrin smiled before wincing at the pain in her leg and looked down to watch, she was becoming incredibly tired and almost drunk from the pain and numbness that swam through her leg, she thought about Leon's dad and if her own father would have been like him, her mother told her that her father was a military man and picked his occupation over his family, she'd never met him and judging by what Leon said she never wanted too.

Casting an annoyed glance at Leon, Caterina stuck her tongue out. "Leon is a boring name." She huffed, before glancing back over at Rivrin.
Staring for a few moments, she seemed to be taking in the information she had been given about the two individual's parents. To her, the idea of parents acting like that didn't make any sense. Her own mother had of course had her quirks, but nothing major like Leon's father or Rivrin's mom.
Finally choosing to speak up again, she shook her head. "They both sound weird. My mama didn't make me take care of myself. She showed me some stuff, but she always helped. She didn't dance around without clothes on, either. That's weird."
As she said the last line, she gave an expression that was a mixture of amusement and embarrassment, as she wasn't sure whether to laugh or be concerned by the idea of someone's mother doing such a thing.

As the others spoke, Mason simply sat there silently; nodding his head from time to time. He wasn't much for backstories, and preferred to keep the memories of his parents to himself. However, he had too admit it was slightly interesting to hear about how the others were raised, even if it did cause him a bit of annoyance. Besides, it seemed to be entertaining Caterina; though he didn't really want her to dwell on her mother too much for fear she'd upset herself.

He stood up and looked down at Rivrin. "You can take some food if you want." told her, knowing there probably was still some meat on the table. After cleaning the things he used and putting them back into the kit to save it back on his backpack. He chuckled at the reaction of the little girl, and was a bit glad she wouldn't understand about weird parents. On his way to his backpack, he stopped a second to look at her. "Your mama sounds great. You've been lucky." told her with a quick blink and hurried to join his dog, who seemed to be bored. She was playing with some unravel part of his backpack. After saving the kit, Leon sat down, craving for some rest, but she rushed to be on top of him and lick his face. He sighed but didn't take long to start to pet her to calm her down.

Rivrin sat in a numbed state against the wall, her eyes far off even though they were looking to the opposite wall, she couldn't remember the last time she was this tired, or in this much pain, she could feel a throbbing hot pain all the way up her leg and even into her side, her eyes drifted to look at the small assembly of people she hardly knew but was going to have to trust, she didn't have a choice as the edges of her vision began going black, or maybe it was her closing her eyes, she wasn't sure as her world went dark and she tipped over and passed out on her bow and arrows

With Kastia agreeing to the back alleyway, Elias nodded and drew his revolver once more. "You stay here and I will go check to make sure the route to the alleyway is clear" Walking out the front door, the dead of night had settled and the cold was biting. The darkness took over everything, almost impairing his vision from a few feet in front of him. He didn't want to use any light source that could get him spotted by the dead.

Walking along the side of the building, he continuously scanned in every direction to make sure he wasn't being seen or followed by something dead or otherwise. His heart was racing. It always did despite feeling that he could handle the situation well. Walking a few more feet towards the entrance to the ally, he saw a single infected. Easy work for him. Unsheathing his machete, Elias walked over to the infected and thrust the blade into the back of its skull, a wet crack emanating from the creature as its head was pierced. Dropping to the ground, the sound was amplified slightly by the crunch of the snow. He had to move a bit quicker. Making his way to the back he saw that there weren't many walkers, but enough that perhaps he couldn't handle on his own. Before leaving he pulled out a red rag from his back pocket. He walked quietly to a fence along the alleyway and attached it. Taking a deep breath, Elias doubled back to get the other two.

---
The gunshots whirred past his head, but he wasn't getting killed, not today at least. He needed to move fast and he needed to get to cover. He was on him and thats why these guys had been so quick to shoot at him. They were exposed and they needed to stop him from doing anything that could possibly ruin what they were building. But he was getting tired and if they caught up to him he knew it was over. He didn't want to waste the precious ammo he had. Another bullet, this one clipping his black jacket. Despite attempting to dress in all black gear to use the night as cover, the snow helped make him visible. And random bullets could kill him just as easily as one that was well placed.

Hearing the footsteps behind him getting louder, he was feeling desperate. It was now or never. Running a short distance more, he felt some relief. He saw a cabin, and there appeared to be the smell of food coming from it. People. Internally, he immediately felt bad. He was bringing all this violence to these people who might not even be prepared for a fight. But then there was death. Something he was not ready to face. So he ran, already preparing to apologize and explain in a matter of seconds that they were about to face life and death. As he approached the cabin, he also became prepared with the idea that they might also just gun him down. But he had to. And with that he starts knocking on the cabin door.

"Let me in! Hunters are heading this way now!"

Status
Not open for further replies.