Fallen

• Thread starter LifeAsALittleSister
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Of course we are leaving now. What? Think an old man can't move fast" Elias chuckled as Hayden handed him the herb mix. An interesting smell for sure. His young partner started packing the weaponry. The sunlight was almost all gone. Night would be upon them soon. He knew this wasn't the smartest thing to do. But he needed to move fast and not risk losing potential allies. The young man didn't seem scared either, which helped his gut feeling feel a bit more logical and smarter to follow.

"They're my dads, he used to have a collection.. well.. you can guess" there was a downcast look on Hayden's face. Elias knew what the pain of loss was. He knew it all to well. These...infected had taken so much from him, on more than one occasion. It was a memory he chose to simply leave in the past. Not everyone handled it well. He was one of those. But holding it down made it easier. He walked over to him and gave him a gentle pat on the back.

"Then tonight...we both can get a little payback. For whatever it may be worth".

Hayden nodded ''Yeah.. Every day of this life is going to be pay back. I want to save people, even if it's just one or two.''
He put the bag on his back and smiled ''Are you ready? It is going to be dark soon, we need to move fast if there really are people out there.''
Rushing to the door, he looked through the gap and nodded ''It seems clear, nothing in sight for now.''

tumblr_madiom4wah1rtcb3e.gif

----==+==----

Kastia awoke in a blur, recovering from falling into a nightmare of watching her younger brother being bit. Then the growling of a walker, the immediate response was to grab her weapon, the sickle. It wasn't easy the blue bed sheets grabbed Kastia pulling her back into the bed, into the nightmare, to replay the dream she has to endure over and over. The look of pain falling over her brothers face, not from the bite but the pain of his sister letting him get bit. The dream she always has and can never get out of her mind. Finally escaping the clutches of the blue bed sheets Kastia bent down and picked the rusted, silver sickle from the mesh pocket of her backpack. The camouflage backpack her father had gotten her for summer camp, another slap in the face that she was alone. Getting out of the bed her bare feet walked silently across the white tile floors to the door of the apartment building, the horrible sound of scratching and growling of a walker. Cautiously she reached for the golden doorknob and turned it as the door creaked open she took the sickle and slashed for where the neck should have been and pulled to slice the throat of a decaying human body. To realize the only thing she sliced was the air. She shut the door and was greeted by a young walker who must have been only 7. She slowly closed her eyes as she moved the sickle swiftly across the neck of the girl. The regret surfacing, thinking to herself about the possibility of if that little girl could have lived if they found a cure, if the H Virus never spread. She carried the weight of the guilt with her as she walked to the backpack and slung it around her shoulders, resting on the fluffy jacket she wore. The weight of a half-filled water bottle, two cans of soup, a hand gun, 6 bullets, and matches set in as she felt the pressure.
Looking out the window she saw nothing and walked out of the building not being able to get the thoughts about the young walker out of her head. She turned once she was out swooping low to not frighten any walkers. She was bending down looking around a building with her sickle in hand as she looked beyond a corner of the building towards another building, she had thought someone was living there but couldn't make it there the other night as she walked slowly to the building she started to smell a strong smell that was emitting and walked closer to the building when she thought she saw something move from the crack under the door.
She whispered, just to be heard from behind the door, "Is..is anyone in there?" This was her one chance of finding someone and asking if they were in there was risky business some people would kill her on sight, but she didn't mind if she died now at least she'd be with her brother..

[spoili]
Kastia Rose
Female
Family is deceased - watched her brother die
Good with a bow but doesn't have one. Good with brewing tea from herbs. Good with hiding. Good with running.

Currently Running into @Edgar Desoto and @AstRO-x
[/spoili]​

Reactions: monsieur
His sarcasm was harmless actually she recieved it quite friendly. Once he lowered his gun she did the same and moved the same hair that seemed to keep falling in her face back behind her ear. The dog didnt obey his commands and that made Adriyana second guess his authority over the it. While he spoke she dug into her back pack keeping her eyes on the hairy beast with teeth ready to kill, Out she pulled some of her fat free jerky. She tossed it on the ground at the feet of the dog and smiled. 'I never really had a dog....or a cat for that matter always snakes. We've got something in common we're both girls she thought..But only one of us are dogs' she with held a giggle and stood back up hoping it would serve as better food than herself. "There seems to be plenty of room for us to all live in peace until morning hits again..." she faked a quick thought for his question. "I dont know..." Placing the hand that still held the gun on her hip she tossed the knife around in one hand showing her skills but not trying to intimidate him.

"Will you give me a reason to?" she joked trying to lighten the moment up.

"Wait Hayden. I think I heard something" Elias moved past the young man, signaling him to hold back for just a minute. He didn't hear any growling or snarling. Nothing that could give sign that it was a walker. Could be a hunter attempting to find supplies. A hunter would no hesitate to kill him or Hayden in a moments notice. With this in mind, the revolver quickly found its way into his hands. Aimed ahead, Elias remained calm. He knew that at any moment the trigger could be pulled so it could come down to who was faster. One more turn before the entrance, Elias hugged the wall. One last breath.

"Is..is anyone there?" the voice of a young woman echoed. She sounded a bit frightened, perhaps confused. Elias could sense no immediate danger but it still wasn't safe to assume. But he didn't want to scare her off.

"Yes. My name is Elias and I'm armed and not alone. If you're friendly then you'll walk into the building with your hands up"

Alaska was still focused on her, but Leon didn't pay much attention to it. He just kept trying to figure out a way to trust that woman completely, and he believed there wasn't, but he would still do it. Even if she was his dog, she was definitely not a pet of his. It was more like a partnership, she was actually the creature that helped him the most, so he didn't have great authority over her. Both human and dog paid close attention to the British woman as she looked for something on her backpack, but Leon only silently chuckled when he saw the jerky. Alaska turned to see Leon, as if she was asking him if she could take it and if it was safe. "Yeah, you can eat that, Alaska." told her and she grabbed it with her mouth, without taking her intense gaze from the woman, and took it to some corner of the small cabin.

Leon next focused on what she had to say. If they didn't want them there, there wouldn't be much else to do. He glanced at her knife and then back at her face before making a smirk. "I'll try not to, purple hair." answered, making emphasis on the nickname that seemed to bother her before. He though he shouldn't lose any more time and go and call for Mason and Catarina, and so he did. After getting to the door, he only poked his head out. "Hey, kids, it's safe here." said with a voice only as loud as necessary for them to hear him. He then turned back inside and took his jacket off, because it had some infected blood on it and he wanted to wash it just in case. Anyway, he was pretty tired at that moment and that could wait, so he just headed to sit on the floor next to Alaska.

giphy.gif

Shivering she heard a voice, to her someones voice was the answer to her call for help. She walked towards the door when she heard.
"If you're friendly then you'll walk into the building with your hands up"
Kastia put her sickle in the side of her backpack recalling her father, then she puffed out her chest and walked the rest of the way to the door, the snow falling on her face, with each one a shiver down her spine. The snow crunching under her feet, she made her way to the door and put her hand on the knob.
"This could be the end of me" She thought to herself
The turning of the knob felt like it took an eternity, she opened the door and stuck her arms up in the air walking in.
"I'm, um Kastia" she said quietly as her arms stretched over her head revealing she was helpless.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mason had his knife sheathed back at his side by now, seeming tense. He was tapping his foot, and grumbling to Caterina, an annoyed scowl on his face. He still wasn't sure about any of this, and couldn't help but wonder if they should have just ran off while Leon was inside. He knew that really wasn't an option though. They needed somewhere to spend the night. Besides, he was probably just being paranoid. Sure, people were dangerous nowadays, but if he had wanted to do something to them he would have already... right?

He was broke out of his thoughts by Leon's voice. Narrowing his eyes at the fact that Leon called him a kid, he glanced over, and nodded slightly. "Yeh, whatever." He huffed, a slight growl in his voice. He then glanced back at Caterina, grabbing her arms and going to gently pull her off of his shirt. "Alright Cat," He said, in a much softer voice than he'd responded to Leon with. "Stay here for one sec, okay? I'll be right there, but you know the drill, keep your eyes out, run to me if there's trouble. Can't be too careful, right?" He gave a small smile, and patted her on the head, before walking over to the cabin.

Wanting to get a look for himself, he stuck his head inside, once again wearing the same scowl as before. "...Who are all these people?" He asked, not seeming too happy with how many others there were inside. "We're just going to spend the night here? With so many strangers?" He stared for a few more moments, before shaking his head. "Oh, whatever. I say that like I'm not already with a stranger."

Taking a step back, he turned, and walked over to Caterina. "Okay kid," He said, picking her up. "Time to go inside. There's some new people in there, but you don't gotta worry about that. They won't do anything. And even if they did I wouldn't let anything bad happen to you."

Walking back into the cabin, he glared suspiciously at the others. Despite the fact that some of them were barely past being kids themselves, he was hesitant to put down Caterina in the presence of so many he didn't trust. She was all he had left, after all, and you never knew what people were capable of nowadays.

It was hard for him to see, but Elias was right.
There was a figure, and it could mean anything.

Hayden watched, when he heard a woman, he sighes.
He knew he wished for human interaction, but this was quick.
As he couldn't help but investigate, he started walking out of the room and looked at the woman.
For a moment he looked back "Elias, I think she's scared.. or at least confused"

Hayden put his hand out and smiled "it's okay, get in, I'm Hayden. Forgive us for being on edge, we just.. don't want to get in trouble. If you don't try to hurt us, we won't hurt you."
He took a moment and looked at Elias "Put the gun down Elias.. it's okay, she's okay.."
It was very confusing, but something about the whole situation made him think that theywere meant to meet exactly at this moment, because with this outbreak, it was better to have people around you, than to walk around alone.

Elias lowered his gun. His intentions were not to be hostile towards the young woman, in fact quite the opposite. Another friendly face was welcomed. Hayden was now interacting with her, making her calm down and assuring her that they were in fact friendly. An unexpected feeling suddenly overwhelmed him. In an instant he was flashed back to his old life. The smell of the barbecue and the laughter of young children rang in his ear. Looking around he could see them all. His wife, his son, his daughter, his granddaughter. His entire reason for living. They had all gotten separated during the outbreak. It had been months and for sure they were dead now. His heart race started racing and his body was heating up. He had to fight back the tears that were welling up in his eyes. With a deep breath, he returned back to the stark reality of life. But now he was calm. This was the only way he would be able to protect the two young souls who he know entrusted upon himself. He smiled and walked up to Kastia.

"Forgive me. I didn't mean to be so threatening. You just never know with these times. My name is Elias, I myself just showed up here. Kastia, correct? I hate to spring this on you...but Hayden and I may need your help."

Kastia Rose

-3-alexandra-udinov-20970992-500-282.gif

---==+==---
Kastia lowered her arms slowly, was this all really happening? The cold air was biting at her pale white skin.
"Um, yeah you never do know nowadays." She spoke with a high nervous voice, "What can I help you with I'd love to help?"
She said as she looked at Elias and took him in imagining a story for him, thinking Hayden was Elias's grandson. They'd probably lost their mother and wife in the run. At least in her story..she loved to imagine things anything to take her mind off her own family.
"Although I must ask, are you two related?" A slight giggle at the end, something she hadn't done in a while it was strange unfamiliar and made her feel as if something had manifested within her, hope? happiness? She had no idea but she loved the feeling, the feeling of being able to relax for once. It was weird finding this comforting feeling in strangers but at least she felt safe..​

((Hello boys (and girls), I'm BAAAAAAACK))

When Marcus was left alone with the girl, he sat down against the wall opposite the door, raking his fingers through his hair. "Ummm, so how long have you been with Joey? Since...since the beginning...? Or...?" He glanced over at her, still trying to see her clearly. "Me, I've been with Olly since the beginning." He smiled, remembering how much Oliver had helped him over the short time he knew him.

Carly looks over at who she could safely assume to be Marcus, and returned her part of the conversation. "Hm? Oh, Joey and I have been together since... well..." She stops for a moment, staring off at nothing in particular. "... a little over a year* ago. Him and I were in 10th grade at the same high school, before everything went out." Carly sighs, reminiscing about their flirting in the halls, long walks by the riverbank, stargazing during warm summer nights, and the occasional movie date. She shakes her head and chuckles a little, before rummaging through Joey's pack, taking out a smallish book. It turns out to be a slightly-damaged paperback copy of The Zombie Survival Guide, clearly a school copy judging by the bar code sticker on the front cover. "He's had me read this even before everything went to crap. I didn't really take him seriously at first, but now..."

The girl notices Marcus trying to look at her, seemingly blind without a pair of proper eyeglasses, but through a blur, her long, brown hair looks to drop down below her shoulders, with her own eyeglasses actually accompanying her looks quite well. She tosses the book across the floor, with it eventually stopping at Marcus' feet. "Can you read without your glasses? Just toss it back if you can't"

((*I don't know how long this infection's existed for; I'm gonna go out on a limb and say about at least a year or so))

The small smile crept up onto his face. He couldn't help but not. There was an innocence to the giggle he hadn't heard in some time and it made the bleak world a little better, however momentary it may be. Elias thought about how miraculous it was that he had found two people so quickly. Young and both seeming to bring back something that made him feel slightly better. He scoffed at himself mentally. How could he be so soft? When posed with the question he smiled again.

"It's depressing to think I look like a grandfather. I hate to disappoint you but we are not" the innocence the conversation carried made things lighter. The tension from earlier had been broken up. Relishing in the moment for one final moment, Elias became stern once again. "Kastia, I don't know if you are aware, but me and Hayden are heading in the direction of where we think we heard a bullet. There might be survivors and we need to move and try and find any body that we can. Will you help us?"

There was something about putting the two of them in danger. But he also didn't want to underestimate them. He knew that in times like this, everyone needed to be careful and prepared for the situation. Elias knew that this single run in the night could be deadly. Or it could go off without a hitch. But he wasn't going to let it be like with his family. That day, being separated from all of them and feeling completely useless. He wouldn't go through these things again. The emotion of knowing that he could have saved them all and instead he didn't know where they could be. Were they dead? Alive? He had to know.

Hayden smirked "If we were related, I'd see you more as my older brother."
He chuckled afterwards and listened to the conversation.
When Elias finished talked he nodded "We won't leave you behind, ever. At least, I won't, and Elias will keep you safe.." He looked at Elias for a moment, than at Kastia shielded his mouth and whispered "He likes to pull his gun out, he'll be the first to protect you." It was loud enough for Elias to hear, so Hayden smiled and patted his back "But he definitely is the coolest guy out there."

women%20archers%20archery%20bow%20and%20arrow%20fantasy%20girls%201152x864%20wallpaper_www.wall321.com_28.jpg

Rivrin stumbled down the hill slipping on the wet leaves and grass, she could hear the zombies close behind her and she scrambled to get farther ahead of them, slipping on a wet piece of wood she flew forward and over the embankment landing on her stomach with a thud, gasping as she fought to inhale air she twisted her head to look up at the zombies shuffling down the hill, regaining her breath she lunged and grabbed her bow and nocked an arrow quickly letting it fly with the speed and precision she trained with her whole life, watching as the the arrow went threw the head of the first zombie letting it fly forward down the slope and landing awkwardly beside her in a heap she pulled the arrow from its head and flung herself over the stream and dashed further into the woods.
Stopping for a breather she looked down at the gash on her leg likely from landing on the rocks by the river, Rivrin sighed inwardly and placed the arrow in its quiver at her back between her shoulder blades, she'd either need to loot another place and find arrows and broad heads or make some more though they didn't work as well as the ones she got from a ransacked sporting goods store. She rubbed some dirt over the wound and flipped up her robe and made her way South.

Leon was laying down, glad he finally had a moment to rest. He chuckled slightly at the frustration of Mason seeing more people. Now that he was feeling safe, he stopped being as rude as he used to be. He felt as he could trust those people. Anyway, he still didn't like that Mason guy. A 'thank you stranger for risking your life checking this place' would have been nice. Oh, well, he had only wanted to help the little girl anyway.

He took a few big pieces of meat from his backpack. They were well wrapped and salty, to preserve them. It was from a deer he hunted a couple of days ago, and they wouldn't last much longer, so he could share it to at least not throw it away. He stood up and headed to the kitchen. He checked on the gas and, luckily, it was still working. That place probably worked with gas tanks, and it had something left. It was a great thing to not have to start a fire for once. He grabbed a griddle and washed it. It was still old and a bit dirty, but it would work. He cut the meat with his knife and cooked it underdone. The old cabin was filled with the delicious smell of roasting meat, and adding to how hungry he was, it made him drool. He piled the meat in two dishes, one a lot more full than the other one, and took it to the other room with the rest of survivors. It was clearly enough for everybody, obviously including Alaska. His girl started to unceasingly move her tail as soon as she saw him and lick her lips repeteadly. He gave her the dish with less meat and placed the other one in the table. "Anyone's hungry?" asked, as an invitation for the rest to eat. He sat down and started himself without waiting for an answer, though, eating the meat with his hands.

"I can read kind of okay without glasses," he said as the book hit his foot. Picking it up, he set his glasses on the top of his head, glancing down at the cover. "The Zombie Survival Guide?" he asked, glancing over at her. "Has this...helped you with survival?" He arched an eyebrow, not sure that a book could help them. Still, he flipped forward a couple pages, holding the book closer to his eyes so he could read.

A couple minutes later, Oliver returned, bearing a pocket knife he had found. "Here, Marc...If we ever get glasses that work for you, then we've got a knife for you to use..." He smiled, helping Marcus figure out how to take the blade out and put it back in. "There we go...whatcha reading?" He glanced at the cover, his green eyes scanning it.

"Huh...Carly give that to you? I think I read it in high school, maybe..." He smiled before he sat back down next to Marcus, letting him rest his head on his shoulder as he read.

After watching Leon invite what seemed to be a male and a child in Adriyana sighed and looked down at her dirty skinny jeans coated with mud and zombie blood that she used to mask herself around packs of zombies. Not to mention her white shirt, she tossed her bag into the bathroom and tied her hair into a messy bun. The smell of cooked meat tickled her nose and her tummy growled. 'How are they cooking?....Must be gas, Well if that's so then I wont have to wash with cold water anymore.' A smile crept upon her face and she entered the bathroom, so excited she forgot to lock it. Turning on the walk in shower she twisted the knob to hot and in minutes steam fogged the bathrooms cracked mirror. Stripping her clothes off she stepped into the shower with the torn curtain and let the water wash the blood of the living dead off her. "This is the life!" 20 minutes had passed by quickly but she still wasn't done basking in the ambiance of the showers hot water. 'Its been so long, I almost forgot what hot water felt like!'

After a while of walking Rivrin could feel the pain in her leg getting worse and looked down as the blood seeped through her leggings, she sighed and kneeled to wrap a strip of cloth she pulled from her pack, pulling it tightly she knotted it and stood up with the smell of cooking in her nose, cooking meat, pulling one of her last broad heads from her quiver she nocked it and moved toward the house drawing the bow back.
She had once before stumbled upon a group of cannibals who tried to eat her so she was ready this time. Taking post behind a tree she unnocked her broad head and stuck it between her teeth and pulled a target arrow out, letting it fly she shot it perfectly in through one of the upper windows shattering the glass and thumping into the sheetrock on the far side of the room. Rivrin renocked the broad head and waited for whatever they were, friend or foe to investigate.

At the smell and sight of the meat, Mason bit his bottom lip, eyes widening slightly. It had been quite some time since he'd really eaten, as supplies had been scarce lately, and he gave most of what he found to Caterina; keeping only the bare minimum for himself. He certainly wasn't the best caregiver, nor would he claim to be, but if there was one thing his parents had taught him it was that you couldn't be selfish when raising a child. He hadn't always realized it when he was younger, but looking back it was apparent to him they had made many sacrifices for his sake; and he was determined to do the same for the small girl now in his care. No matter how scary or overwhelming it was to think about, he knew he was the one responsible for making sure Caterina not only grew up to be a good person, but lived long enough to do so.

Casting one last suspicious glance around the room, he finally went to set the child down on the floor. Crouching down to her level, he rearranged the blankets around her, before going to brush them away from her face. "...You're still warm..." He mumbled, putting a hand to her forehead. "But you're getting better. It might be a while yet, but i'm pretty sure we're out of the woods on this one, Cat. I don't think a fever this low is dangerous, it's normal." He gave a small smile, seeming relieved.

Shaking her head so that the blankets fell down around her shoulders, Caterina sighed slightly, her face now clearly visible. Obviously of no immediate blood-relation to Mason, her dark tan skin, darker eyes, and dark brown hair were of stark contrast to the boys pale complexion, light hazel eyes, and blonde hair. Seeming to be of Indian descent, she appeared to be somewhere around seven to nine years old, though it was hard to tell. Certainly looking as sickly as she acted, her large eyes looked sleepy, and her features appeared slightly sunken. Everything about her gave off the idea that she was frail; and just looking at her you had to wonder how the child was ever going to survive in such a tough world.

Sticking her bottom lip out, and curling one side of her mouth up into a slight scowl, the child directed an annoyed, albeit cute, look of obvious displeasure at Mason. "It's your fault." She said, in a small slightly strained voice you would expect to hear from a sick child.

Mason cringed, and stood up, turning away from her. "Yeah, I know..." He grumbled, a slight harshness he rarely spoke to the child with creeping into his voice. "Your mama would have made you better already. I know, okay?" Ignoring the upset expression the child gave him in response, Mason grabbed some of the food. "Here, just eat." He grumbled, turning and going to shove it into her hands. "A full belly will help you feel better."

Seeing Caterina nibble on the food, Mason sighed slightly, debating whether or not to take some for himself. Though he was just fine taking things for the girl, he always felt uncomfortable taking it for himself. His thoughts were interrupted, however, as Rivrin's arrow shot through the window. Head snapping towards it, he automatically took a step towards Caterina, going to put a hand on her head in a protective manner.

She looks like this, only a bit older.
IMG_5793-m.jpg

Reactions: AdamantiumWolf
Status
Not open for further replies.