Fallen

• Thread starter LifeAsALittleSister
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rivrin jerked herself awake as the pounding on the door started.
"Let me in! Hunters are heading this way now!"
Rivrin scooped up her bow and arrow quickly nocking the broad head into place and pulling back the draw string and aiming towards the door. She looked at the little girl before returning her gaze to the door "You should get her to a back room" Rivrin felt she needed to help protect the child and was angry that the man outside was leading trouble to them. Rivrin looked at Leon for what to do next.

Leon was focused on his 'girl', who was starting to bite him playfully, when he heard some shootings. He instantly grabbed his gun and stood up, with Alaska completely alert behind her. It didn't take long until he heard some knocking on the door and the voice of a man asking for help. After meeting the gaze of Rivrin, he sighed. "Why would I know what to do?" complained, but there wasn't much time to fight about what should they do, he would just need to act. What was with that cursed cabin that called the attention of so many survivors?

He hurried behind the door and tried to think of something to do. Was that guy truly running from hunters? What if he was one trying to let him in? "So you just brought them here?" yelled at him, just out of anger. He didn't even consider opening the door until a bullet went through the wooden wall next to him. They were aiming a little lower than his head, so it could reach anyone in there. "Everybody down!" said as he crouched himself, opening the door. What were his choices anyway? The hunters were already approaching, and that young man could just jump through the broken window, so it had no point on making him an enemy instead of an alley. Besides, it seemed he was becoming softer, because he couldn't just let him die at their door. Leon let him in and immediately closed the door after it. He pointed the gun at the newcomer with anything but a friendly expression. "Someone dies and I cut you in tiny pieces and feed you to the zombies. So go and start shooting whomever you brought here." threatened him, pointing at the window. He would join him as soon as he could, but he wanted to get his ax and ammo first.

(Just forewarning you guys, now that school has started back up my posts might be a bit slow.)

Caterina nodded slightly at Leon's words about her mother, leaning her head against Mason's arm. "Uh huh." She mumbled. "She's the best mama."

Seemingly fighting sleep, there was a slight lull in her voice, and she was blinking her eyes sleepily. It had been a long day after all, and she was more than ready for a nap. She was enjoying sitting in the house by the others, though. Mason never let them go near other people, and she figured he'd make them leave the next day. She didn't much like it, but he was smarter and bigger than her. If he thought they shouldn't do something he was probably right. Just as she was about to fall asleep, she was snapped back awake by the sound of the man's voice and the gunshots.

Glancing over at the door, she wore a slightly panicked expression. Though she had the tendency to be a bit naive and trusting towards others, even she knew hunters were bad. Though she wasn't entirely sure what being a hunter entailed, she knew they had been the kind of people who killed Mason's mama. He got mad a lot after that, and she didn't blame him. Mamas were very important people. She figured anyone who was willing to kill one of them must be really scary and mean.
Whining slightly, she diverted her attention back to Mason, as if asking him what to do.

Just as Mason had been starting to relax slightly, the shooting started. Cursing under his breath, he pushed Caterina off of his lap, and crouched down in front of her. As usual, he used himself as a sort of human shield, in case any stray bullets got too close. "What the hell is wrong with you?!" He exclaimed, casting an angry glare over at the man. "Why would you lead them straight to us?!" Just the mention of hunters was enough to get his blood boiling, and the fact that someone would lead them straight here made him even more angry. He was actually beginning to think that maybe, just for once, Caterina was going to be able to go to sleep safe and with a full belly. But then, this man came along and ruined it.
"And why are we letting him in?!" He asked, casting a glance at Leon. "I say we make him go deal with them himself, they're his problem!"
Of course, he knew at this point that wasn't really an option. The hunters knew they were here now. That didn't change the fact that he wanted to leave the man outside, however. Maybe he was being cold, but he wouldn't have cared in the slightest if the guy died. In fact, he might prefer it. After all, he did lead a bunch of hostiles straight towards them. If something happened to Cat it would be all his fault.

Rivrin dropped to her knees as a bullet crashed into the cabin, she kept her bow level to the man "this is a sixty five pound draw weight compound bow that can drop an elk three times youe size, it's not a gun, but it will kill you if you make a wrong choice here" with that she moved using her good leg to the window on the her side and peeked out, seeing a man with a pistol she lifted the bow and released the arrow in a fluid precise motion, she nocked another as the man fell with her arrow between his eyes.

"They are our problem now. The more we are, the better chances we got. We kill the hunters and you do whatever you want with that douche." answered Mason, with a calm tone, even if his body was overwhelmed with adrenaline and he was angry as hell. He grabbed the rest of his weapon and slid towards the other window, which he opened to prevent it from breaking too. It made him uncomfortable not being able to watch the new stranger in there, but he would need to trust he was only escaping from hunters and concentrate in taking them down. He took a deep breath and looked outside, it wasn't his first time in a shooting, so he believed they would be just fine. Anyway, most of them were hiding behind the trees. How annoying, it could take hours with both groups taking covers, and if it became completely dark, they might be in disadvantage. He saw someone moving to aim, and after wasting a bullet, he got a clear shot.

Not exactly the most inviting bunch, but then again who would be. He had just brought hell to their little peaceful gathering. As a matter of fact it wouldn't be a surprise to him if after they were done with the hunters, the next one with a bullet between the eyes would be him. But they took the message and began fighting, begrudgingly of course. One girl had shot an arrow straight to the hunters face and the man who opened the door managed to kill one as well. The game of both sides taking cover could prolong and make this more dangerous then it already had been.

"There are six of them, two down. I'm going to approach them again and try to draw them out!" he yelled back at the cabin. Running back against his own will, he attempted to remain low. One bullet flew too close to his face but he needed to get just a little bit closer. 30 feet away from the cabin would be enough. Once there he threw himself to the ground. This had caught one hunters attention and made him come out to take a shot. But he was faster. His pistol had already been drawn and quickly put two rounds in his chest. He was a bit upset, knowing two would be needed to the hunter since he couldn't get the precision for the head. The other hunters took note and began peeking out from cover.

As the man charged back outside to draw the attention she was tempted to put a broad head in his back but instead she waited until a hunter was stupid enough to poke his head out from behind the tree, her arrow shot through the air with speedy precision she'd practiced for her whole life, the arrow landed perfectly between his eyes as the other had dropping him to the ground with the shaft of her arrow sticking up flashing her red and black fletching off the light.

With a knife as his only weapon, there wasn't much Mason could do in this situation. Instead, he simply tried to keep Caterina calm, as she was growing increasingly distressed as time went on. He couldn't help but feel incredibly useless, however. The event only made it more apparent how unfit he was to take care of the child. If it had been just him and her at the cabin, they wouldn't have stood a chance. To be honest, they barely stood a chance against much of anything with how they were supplied at the moment. He tried to shake the thought of his head though, as making himself more agitated wouldn't help the situation in the slightest.

That wasn't going bad at all. There were only two more left. Leon was receiving gunshots dangerously close to his position, but luckily, when the guy stepped outside, the hunters focused on him. At least he was useful against them. He dared to get up once again to reach for the window and keep shooting, but, at that moment, he noticed Alaska jumping through the window next to him. What the fuck was wrong with her? She always had that urge to attack the enemy, but she often waited for some kind of order first. He focused on covering her back, even if it wouldn't be much necessary, because there was already little light and her fur made a great camouflage in the snow. Anyway, he was a lot more nervous then that she was out there against those two armed men. He would definitely kill that guy if something happened to her.

Leon spotted a hunter looking from the side of the tree, but he went back behind it before he could shoot. He shot anyway, hitting the tree, trying to get his attention to him instead of Ally. He relaxed a little seeing she was already hiding between the trees. Anyway, he was focused on her security and didn't see the other hunter sneaking behind his cover. He shot towards Leon's window, and the young man felt as the bullet went through his right shoulder and stopped against his bone. Luckily, it was one of the less serious parts to get shot, but it still hurt him enough to groan loudly and let his gun go. He went back down and hoped Alaska would be just fine.

Anyway, Leon had nothing to worry about, because he had trained her dog well enough. She lunged to one guy's back, with his jaw directly on his neck. As she wasn't strong enough to kill him with one attack, she dragged him away from the view of the last hunter standing, and sank his fangs on his neck once again, reaching an important blood vessel this time, without letting him go. The guy uselessly tried to shoot at her, but it was too late for him. He didn't take long to bleed out, without having a chance to shoot Alaska.

Last edited:
Rivrin stood up in the window looking at Leon "You okay?" She twisted and released the last of her broad heads into the man's skull who was wrestling with the stranger about to stab him in the throat with a knife, her shot hit just north of where her aim had been but he still slumped forward with an arrow sticking out of his head, she saw the dog had taken down the last of the men and silently wished she still had her dog Clue, he was a mostly black german shepherd with a keen knack for listening silently. Turning she went to see if Leon was okay by crouching in front of him

(my bad i deleted it I was gonna go with what you had and written after it @AdamantiumWolf, Im continuing it from what you have )

The arrow went straight into the Hunters skull. His body slumped onto him, creating excess weight. Slowly pulling him off, he wiped himself and got up. These were what made him remember the dangerous groups of people were more scary than any walker could be. Looking to his left, he saw the dog and then he looked back at the cabin. He had to face these people sooner or later. And explain why he was here. Putting his hands up, he began walking back towards the cabin.

(Again, my apologies)

He was still down, not for the pain but to not receive any more shots. He grabbed his shoulder to prevent it from losing blood. It was useless to try to keep aiming with his new wound anyway. Seeing the archer coming closer to him, he wished they were all the hunters dead. "You got them all? Is Alaska ok?" asked, gasping slowly, still worried. His dog had been his only company for a long time, so he learned to love as if she was human.

Alaska walked towards the cabin once again, right behind the young man. With the blood pouring from her jaw to her chest, she indeed looked as a small white wolf.

"I'm coming in, and I'm going to put the gun on the ground. The dog is behind me she's coming in" he said with as friendly a tone as he could manage. Slowly walking in through the front, he put down his gun and then returned to having his hands up. The man on the floor seemed to have been grazed by a bullet and a young woman was kneeling next to him, checking out the wound There were more people in the cabin. Now was as good a time as any to introduce himself.

"I'm sorry...to everyone. I didn't mean to bring the hunters. My name is Elias"

Seeing that the fighting had stopped, and the last of the hunters were dead, Mason went to pat Caterina on the back. "Hey, Cat, it's over." He said softly. "You're fine now. You can sit back up if you want."
The girl had her blankets pulled tightly over her head, however, and refused to come out; her only response being a small shake of her head.
Sighing slightly, and looking a bit concerned, Mason stood. Crossing his arms, he turned to face the man who had brought the hunters straight towards them. Tensed up and with his eyes narrowed into a glare, he was obviously furious.
"What the hell is wrong with you?!" He exclaimed again. "You led them straight to us! Someone could have been killed! If it was up to me I'd put a bullet in your head right now!"
Maybe he was overreacting. The man seemed friendly enough, and had even put down his weapon. He was too mad to really care though. The only thing he could think about was how bad it would have been if the others weren't there. If it had been just him and Cat, the stunt that man had just pulled would have got the little girl killed, and that idea was not something he could deal with.

Seeing the nod coming from the blanket, instant guilt washed over him. How could he have not thought that there could be children...how could he disregard that entirely? He felt even more shame now, almost wishing that he had been killed in the fight. He knew what that loss felt like...the loss of a younger sibling. He could never allow himself to let others experience that. The boy who was with her was shouting at him, looking at him with a glare of rage. He couldn't process it because all the pain he had ever felt came flooding back.

"I..I'm sorry. I didn't know..there were children" he trailed off, eyes turning watery. But he breathed in sharply to hold in tears. He could not appear weak.

Leon was still siting down on the floor. Seeing Alaska coming through the door, with blood down his jaw, he pulled out a smile. She approached to him moving her tail and smelled his wound. "Aww, you ate them alive? Didn't you?" told her as he petted her with his right hand, even if it hurt him. He was really glad to see her ok, and was almost not angry at the guy that could get them killed. The anger from the boy called his attention though, and the stranger seemed terribly sorry. Of course, they could all be mad, but they would all have done the same thing if followed by six hunters. Besides, they were all alive, which was the important thing.

"C'mon, we were awesome taking them down." said, trying to chill the air. "Now, someone would be nice enough to bring me the first aid kit from my backpack?" asked, raising an eyebrow. It was weird how he had never used that thing and that day he was using it twice. "You know what? Nevermind." said as he stood up himself. Now that the adrenaline was leaving his body, it was starting to hurt him for real, but he could still walk a few steps. After getting his kit, he approached to Elias. He punched him in the face with his left arm, although he wasn't really strong with it. "You did deserve that, though. Now, let's just stop fighting and keep an eye outside. I bet a couple of not friendly zombies would come to visit us after that shooting." He went to sit down on a chair and sighed before checking his wound.

The punch came out of nowhere and although it was not full forced, it still hurt. A little blood started trickling from the corner of his mouth. Elias chuckled a little and wiped it away, looking back at the man who had just punched it.

"You're right, I did deserve that" he said as he flashed a small smile. He knew that the group was going to hold some anger towards him. He hoped to eventually dispel that. It had been some time since he had been around people who weren't gunning for him and it made him feel good. As if the world had finally given him some support after screwing him for a long time. Quickly, thoughts went back to what he had been doing before he got here. Another internal struggle ensued within him as he thought about what to do. If he stayed with them, he might not be able to go through with his plan. On the other hand, if he didn't, he might never be able to find them. His family.

Glaring for a few more moments, Mason couldn't help but notice that the man seemed genuinely upset, even teary-eyed. Seeing Leon punch him in the face only helped him to calm down more, as he felt the man at least got some sort of punishment for his actions. Though he was still pretty angry, he took a step back, shaking his head. "Fine, whatever." He grumbled, slowly unclenching his fists. "This doesn't mean you're forgiven or some crap like that though."

Turning, he went to pick up Caterina, who was coughing violently again. The girl had always been sick, and was known to send herself into a coughing fit anytime she was upset. He sighed slightly, brushing the blanket away from her face. "Can't hide in there forever Cat," He mumbled. "Gotta get some air. Besides, it's fine. I told you to stop freaking out."

Casting another glance around the room, he frowned slightly. "What's with all the random people out here today anyways? I swear, this is more people than I've come across in ages. You'd think they were having an apocalypse survivor convention or something."

Seeing Leon okay Rivrin picked up her bow and moved outside into the snow, ignoring the arguing behind her she made her way to each of the bodies taking the guns and ammo as well as her broad heads, she was thoroughly satisfied with her marksmanship and even more happy with rhe nice supply of weapons, turning and walking back inside she pushed the door open and handed a pistol to Mason stopping briefly to look into his eyes "you really should have one of these" she dropped her eyes to the kid, allowing them to rest there she sighed and turned handing another to Leon, tucking the last into the back of her belt she cast a dark glance at Elias before sitting down at the table and nibbling at the cold meat there

Leon chuckled at the comment of Mason. He had finally said something good after all those hours. It was pretty weird, though, to cross all those people on a single day. And he wouldn't be surprise if more came with the sound of the gunshots. After thanking Rivrin for the new gun, he sighed once again and focused on his shoulder, the sooner he took care of it the better. He looked at his back to make sure the bullet didn't go through, took a tweezer and took a deep breath. As he said earlier, he had stitched himself a few times when he got a nasty cut, but he had never removed a bullet. Besides, he needed to use his left hand for it. He put a piece of cloth on his mouth to bite. Luckily, the bullet wasn't far deep, so it only took him a couple of minutes to find it, and even if he tried to resist the pain, a couple of groans slipped his throat. Gasping, he reached for the alcohol and cleaned it, making a few noises of pain with the burning. It would all be easier if he wasn't that stubborn and would ask for help, but he just wouldn't. He took a small break and got the needle. Anyway, the wound was pretty small, so with two stitches was enough. He didn't remember how much that hideous needle hurt, and it had been difficult because he needed to use both hands to end the stitches. He laid against the backrest when he finished. "I'll punch you again tomorrow, Elias." said with a slight smile, about to fall asleep on that chair.

Status
Not open for further replies.