ғ ᴇ ᴀ ʀ ʟ ᴇ s s - ᴀ ᴅʏsᴛᴏᴘɪᴀɴ ᴀᴄᴛɪᴏɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ 「ɪɴ ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ」

Status
Not open for further replies.
3wYGnfp.jpg

\\ Juniper Hamilton
\\ Team II

"Tch. I'm surprised you even remember me."

Juniper clicked her tongue despite the predicted failure of her opening gambit, watching the launched weapon clatter harmlessly to the side. Although she had not given it much thought before, Reaper's death would now be all the more important. The problem was the now white-haired girl was no stranger to a praetorian's strength. Without close support from the scarce allies around her, they both knew that their little game would be a short and brutal dance.

Regardless, she kicked off, bringing her silver blade down to bear. Fully expecting it to simply cut air, the paladin prepared to throw her weight to the side to retaliate against a predicted counterattack.

She was just as surprised as Reaper was to see her still in the same place. Without hesitation, she took the opportunity, bringing down the full strength of her blow against her. Sparks flew as she was matched by Valkyrie's sword, brilliant sparks flying between the two weapons before Juniper was forced to jump back, the energy of her blow spent by the Praetorian's hard earned defense.

Alerted to Reaper's troubles, her red eyes widened slightly as she glanced at her source of ire, she too being surprised by the mortally injured Valkyrie's tenacity. She looked at her eyes, attempting to lock onto them for affirmation as Juniper lowered her stance, preparing again to land another blow on Reaper in light of her small revelation. But in this, Juniper was beaten as the unholy black arms of Ragnorak sprouted from Valkyrie, surrounding the praetorian to cut her down where she stood.

Juniper stood where she was in stunned silence as the blade in Miranda's hand was turned against her as Valkyrie stood, a terrifying inflection in the black-haired girl's voice as her supernatural arms tore apart Reaper's body without restraint. The scene that graced her eyes was gruesome enough that she nearly averted her eyes, but she silently celebrated the Praetorian's ignominious demise. Lowering her sword, she let out a sigh as she blinked at Reaper's now lifeless, unrecognizable body.

But what of Valkyrie? Juniper raised her sword once again, stepping backwards cautiously. The woman that she called Valkyrie didn't seem to be herself, and despite it being the time to celebrate and gloat, she could feel the hair on her neck rise as Valkyrie and her manifestations slowly turned their attention onto her. What had she become? Juniper didn't want to find out.

"Valkyrie…"

She stood her ground for the moment. "It's over. Reaper is dead." Juniper spoke objectively to the frenzied NOAH, her own anger long subsided. Only now did she finally lock eyes with her, listening to the monotonous chant of her voice. The bloodlust was overwhelming.

She didn't hesitate. Raising her shield once more, she stepped back, calling on her armor as metal plate fell in place around her body. Juniper had seen now Reaper had fallen, and she would not share the same fate. "Valkyrie… Get a hold of yourself." Biting her lip, she continued to slowly back off, motioning at Crusader to get clear –she doubted either of them could hold a candle to a mad Valkyrie.

Erja Liikanen - Team 2
jnTmPYw.jpg

Watching the horrors unfold before her, logic and reason were thrown out the window, the impossible became possible and the Sniper can only look on. In less time than it took for her to process what was before her the Praetorian not only detected the shot, but turned to face it and cut the Tungsten round in two, causing it to fragment and break apart. Eyes wide in shock, it was a small comfort that Valkyrie soon managed to kill the Praetorian in turn, still processing the fact Juniper was a Paladin as the NOAH turns into some sort of monster, hell bent on bloodshed.

Turning her attention to a flare of light to her rear, the sniper just drops her rifle. "H-he..fire.. I.. What.. How.." At a lose for words the one known as King turned into fire, or at least projected it from his body, coupled with how this attack went and the fact there were dozens more was not a good sign. For centuries this problem had cropped up in soldiers, hopelessly outclassed and outgunned, killing normal soldiers was one thing, killing unaware Paladins even, but beings that could defy matter and physics.. Never mind the memories that the fire brought back to her. It was like when the Tank first rolled out onto the battlefield. A total collapse of morale.

While she was dead set against how she had been used to this point, this had been the final straw. If she or any of them survived this she had planned to retire, much like the actual White Death in long obscure history, she considered her battle over. What she had just witnessed was things not even the most skilled of human soldiers could confront head on and so far her allies were helpless in the face of it, minus of course the one now turning into some horrifying being. If she had a tranquilizer round designed to take down large animals she might would have attempted intervening but for now she just hoped no one noticed her..

Nearly dropping her rifle again as she picks it up, a distant gaze takes hold to her face, the mark of defeatism. If not for the fact she knew it would be dangerous to do so she might even have ran from her partially hidden post.

Last edited:
Reactions: Astros
gmTFu7C.png

----
0 9 3 0
H O U R S
----

robHxv3.png

BxXpgOV.png

lC3Nd8p.png

"To receive this great, golden robe
is to imbue you with the knowledge and wisdom
of our great Lord!"

Within the dark corridors of the Princess' golden palace, dozens of armored figures stood in neatly organized rows. At the center of the Paladins, stood the prideful white haired princess, surrounded further by a symphony of frightened priests. Dressed in all of the regalia of their noble status, it was time for the Princess to ascend the throne and become the Queen of Valhalla.

"To punish the wicked! To serve the strong! To cherish victory! These are the great responsibilities of a Queen. Through the holy power bestowed upon thee, may you become a most honorable Queen!"

Slowly, the priests placed the golden crown upon the Princess' head, the sound of swords sliding from their sheathes. In the next moments, the Paladins thrust their weapons into the air, chanting as the warriors hailed Valhalla's first Queen. Though KING was still alive, it was clear where everyone's allegiances now were. The Paladins had always swore loyalty to the Princess Aurora

"LONG LIVE QUEEN AURORA! MAY OUR HIGHNESS SMITE THOSE WHO STAND AGAINST US!"

Without warning, the Paladins's swords fell upon the unarmed priests, baptizing their new Queen in the blood of the traitors. Only those who truly supported the new Queen would be allowed to live. As the priests were mercilessly butchered by the Queen's loyal subjects, Elayna summoned herself, kneeling before the Queen. Anyone who threatened the newly coronated Queen's rule had quickly found themselves as targets.

"Your Highness. Shall the plan be executed?"

The Queen smiled, sitting down on the throne behind her as she embraced the power of her coronation. The Paladins all watched their Queen attentively, waiting for their coup d'état to begin.

"Yes. It is time to cleanse Valhalla."

"Only the strong will survive."

KRjTm6l.png

P6BEGZY.jpg

uGJtDAy.png

"Get us back into contact with the team! What is going on?!"

Godfather cried among a room of flustered intelligence officers and Seraphim. While the operation was well underway, the Commodore could not reach any of his teams, nor could anyone get into contact with the other FEARLESS organizations that were supposed to be targeting the other Praetorians. Without any sort of communication, Godfather wasn't sure if his team was even still alive... and if they were, they surely wouldn't be for long without any form of support.

"Sir! Comms with FOX are down! We can't reach them!"

"Dammit!" Godfather crushed his fingers into a fist and smashed his operations table, a mass of paperwork cascading off the sides and falling to the floor. "What about CRUSADER? Can we get a hold of any of them?"

"Negative! Something is jamming our communications, sir!"

Before Godfather could think of a solution to their problems, the door to the AFTERLIFE opened for a brief moment. Glancing over at the entering figure, Godfather assumed that it was STINGRAY returning from her post. "I told you to stay at your post, Jill." He scolded as he continued micromanaging his team. When the figure did not respond, Godfather turned to face her. "And you are?"

As everyone noticed the Commodore speaking to a stranger, everyone stopped what they were doing, whispering to one another as they drew up whatever weapons they had on them. The woman inspected the room with cold, azure eyes that matched the hue of her chin length bob cut. Revealing a sheathed, curved sword from behind her form, her slight movement was met with two dozen guns pointed towards her. Godfather pulled a six-shooter from his coat, his thumb knocking the hammer backwards as he pointed the weapon at the woman.

"I'll ask you one more time. Who are you?"

"I'm..."

The figure began softly, a sad, but determined look in her eyes.

"I'm sorry."

A sudden, blinding flash of light filled Godfather's vision as the sound of gunfire filled the AFTERLIFE. Bullets missed their mark as the sword wielding woman cut down two of the men closest to her. As the fighting began, the doorway was kicked down - a dozen Clerics storming into the room and shooting anybody in sight.

Gillian fired off several shots from his revolver before being pulled upstairs by a familiar figure. "Upstairs, come on!" The bandage covered Sarge called out as he pulled Gillian upstairs. Godfather clenched his teeth as the surviving members of the Afterlife retreated upstairs, firing down at their attackers as the casualties began to escalate.

"Need a mag!" Goblin cried as another soldier passed him the ammunition for his weapon. Gunfire tore through the rooms of the AFTERLIFE as a stray bullet hit the battle hardened Ronin. Fragmentation grenades caught nearby bottles of alcohol ablaze, setting the FEARLESS headquarters into a funeral pyre.

"G-Goblin's down!" One of the last men called out before meeting a similar, grim fate. Knowing that there were few places to run, Sarge and Godfather locked themselves in the medical room on the second floor. "So it was a trap," Gillian's lips curled into an ironic smirk that mirrored just how shitty of a situation they were in. "And we played right into it."

"Window's the only way out, huh?" Sarge turned to the Commodore, before their exchange of glances were interrupted by banging on their door. "Go. I'll stay here."

"We'll run together-"

"I can barely walk, I won't make it twenty feet. Besides, they'll just shoot us from the window."

Smashing the glass with his elbow, Sarge shot the Commodore a final salute. "It was a pleasure, sir."

"The pleasure was all mine, Sarge."

With a sad smile, Godfather leapt out from the second story window. With only a few moments left, Sarge pulled open a nearby drawer, revealing his favorite 1911 pistol. Loading the weapon and racking the slide, Sarge turned to the doorway. "I think it's time for one last rodeo, what do you say, Old Faithful?"

As the door flew open, several Clerics charged into the room, a cacophony of gunfire filling the room as the first three Clerics to charge into the room were shot down. Bodies crashed against the ground as an endless stream of Clerics stormed the room without any regard for their fallen comrades. With seven bullets, Old Faithful roared until Sarge was no more.

wTy1GZ9.png

"Christ. They were supposed to check in with me fifteen minutes ago."

STINGRAY sat in her limousine, parked two blocks down from the cathedral. She had heard the explosions, watching as CLERICs scrambled to figure out what exactly was going on. While Jill was indeed worried about the fight, she had found it more unusual that the AFTERLIFE had not contacted her on time for her next orders.

"Dammit. Gillian's gonna kill me!" She growled to herself as she turned the ignition, pulling the limousine away from the curb as she sped back home. In thirty minutes, STINGRAY managed to bring the limousine back to the AFTERLIFE, only to find in horror that the building was ablaze. "Oh no..." Jill clenched her steering wheel as her eyes finally realized what was happening. She must be dreaming. She had to be. "Gillian!" She screeched to herself as she drove faster towards the scene.

As the limousine approached, it seemed that there were far too many Clerics guarding the front entrance. Taking a detour, she hoped that she would be able to sneak herself into the back entrance. As STINGRAY brought the car around, she could hear gunshots, followed by GODFATHER jumping out of the second story window and hitting the ground.

"Gillian!" She cried once more, pulling her AR-15 out of the backseat and laying it against the front dashboard of the vehicle. As Gillian ran to the limousine, several heads popped out from the second story window - the Seraph firing several accurate shots to cover the last survivor.

"Goodbye, old friend."

yTEYct7.png

FRZTzJA.png

As second squad stood among the defeated REAPER, their attention was on Valkyrie, who seemed to not be herself. Consumed by her ELEGANCE, it seemed that confronting the loss of her loved ones had brought Valkyrie to the brink of insanity. "Kill... I... I must... I MUST KILL." Valkyrie growled, large black constructs lashing towards the nearest person. The same arms that had killed REAPER charged towards Juniper, threatening to murder the PALADIN standing before her.

Fortunately, VALKYRIE'S attacks were predictable, filled with rage and no thought to her actions. As her attacks were easily subdued by Juniper, it seemed that a fight with their comrade was inevitable. Fighting REAPER was one thing, but facing one of their own? Before anyone could attempt to reason with her, Valkyrie seemed like she was prepared to go on the attack once again, this time against the lesser protected, chain sword wielding CRUSADER.

Clenching her chest, it seemed the young NOAH was struggling with herself, trying to hold herself back from attacking her friends. Juniper's attempts to talk her down seemed to be working, her words more like her kindhearted personality, "R...run. Juni.. please!" She fought to deliver the words from her lips, only to find herself pulled into the darkness. "KILL!"

Without warning, several arms sprouted forth from the ground, moving to grab and tear at the RONIN she would have called her friend. As the dark arms raced towards Crusader, several of them were struck down by a new, mysterious figure. With golden hair and glimmering silver armor, the new figure watched as Crusader dealt with the last of the attacking arms.

"Salut! Quoi de neuf?" The armored man remarked, an unrecognizable language mixed with an accent that sounded almost otherworldly to the people of Valhalla. A wide smile stretched across his face as he spoke, an aura of confidence and strength radiating from the warrior, "Your friends are in danger. You should go help them." The man suggested, shooting Juniper a nod. While it seemed like a bad idea to trust the word of a stranger, there was no reason for them to fight when KING was still the threat. "Don't worry, you can leave your friend with me. I won't hurt her."

Did they have much of a choice?

Yul5rZ6.png

ivnHxiI.png

As FOX exchanged gunfire with the CLERICs in the room, he suddenly heard a noise approach from behind. Rolling onto his back, the RONIN pointed the barrel of his carbine at the possible threat. As the muzzle found its way between Tia's eyes, FOX quickly lowered his weapon. "Christ. You always seem to come out of nowhere." FOX teased before being protected by Tia's magnetic abilities.

"I... didn't know you could do that." FOX remarked as they were brought to a place away from King's immediate range. As they spoke, FOX fired his weapon at any targets he could find, keeping the area relatively clear of incoming Clerics. "Yeah, those are Naomi's." FOX replied nonchalantly. "Don't lose them... or none of us will survive this." FOX joked. Truth be told, Naomi probably didn't care if she didn't get those heels back... at least, he hoped she didn't.

As Tia took jabs at his appearance, FOX released the magazine from his rifle, pulling out a loaded one from his pocket and thrusting it into his weapon effortlessly. "Mystery?" FOX cooed, placing his eyes back between his weapon's sights. "I think you're just attracted to me." He teased back as he squeezed off a few shots from his rifle. "Can't say I blame you."

Bringing things back into the realm of seriousness, FOX agreed that their plan was probably the best course of action to be had here. "Yeah. That's what I was thinking, we need to get her in position to use her powers." FOX nodded, before shooting Tia a glare, "But don't do anything stupid. You keep her safe, alright?"

Last edited:
GVTuY41.jpg

"One of my many talents!"
t
he NOAH replied with a smile under her visor to the RONIN. With María at the ready, Tia could see that look of sudden courage that seemed to override 'Monad'. In the moment, she didn't look confused or scared. She looked ready to do her duty; to give it her all and show she could be a part of FEARLESS. She didn't underestimate 'Monad', but... that look of sudden 'confidence' had broke Tia's expectations.

In this moment of thought, she heard a cheeky comment from Fox that certainly broke her out of her thoughts.

"Oh, you wish, jackass!" Tia retorted, a laugh coming muffled under her motorcycle helmet. As they talked, she seemed to pop out of cover every now and again, magnetically pulling the guns of the CLERICs Foxtrot took down and stockpiling them next to him. "I'll just take the harsh route next time and say: 'you look like shit'. T... though... hah... I can't say much. I'm pretty sure my face is gonna make people puke now."

Despite the way her sentence trailed off in a somewhat pained manner, Tia appreciated the brief moment of non-seriousness. Even if it was for a moment, laughter was a medicine above all that helped her calm down and keep a clear head. As far as bad situations she'd been in went, this burning abode had the potential to take the cake.

As the lighthearted mood soon faded, Tia gave a firm nod to the topic of keeping María safe. Tia wasn't one to deny that she sometimes made rash or stupid decisions... but when the life of a friend was at stake, she'd definitely be more careful.
"I will. To take down an opponent like King, and in a place like this, I'd be lying if I said getting her over there isn't going to be risky. But nobody dies on the back of my baby. And... besides," she turned her head to María, "I made a promise. Don'tcha worry about a thing, María. If you survived Jill's driving, you can sure as hell survive mine. Alright?"

Waiting for oncoming CLERIC fire to pause, Tia hopped up onto the driver's seat of Mixuki, her whole searing body instantly feeling at comfort as soon as she mounted the Blackbird. No matter where she was... sitting on this thing felt like home. It felt like her. The reek of acrid smoke and her own melting flesh was replaced by the gentle waft of tarmac and running petrol. Memories. That was what kept her going for all those years. It could keep her going now.

Patting the space on the vehicle behind her, Tia waited for her fellow NOAH to board the passenger's seat, plates of Mixuki's bodywork shielding the two from stray bullets.
"...We can only hope your ELEGANCE is enough to provide Naomi and Arata with some kind of... 'window'. I wish we had a better plan than hoping for it to work, but... i-it's the best chance we've got," Tia paused for a moment as she waited for María to mount the Blackbird. "If only we had-" Tia cut off sadly, before turning her head to glance back at Johnathan. "You keep safe too, Fox. Keep those damn CLERICs offa' our ass; you won't be running out of ammunition anytime soon..."

Towards the end of her sentence, however, Tia's voice cut off into silence. As she glanced back, Foxtrot wasn't the only figure she saw. There was another, lurking in the background of the firefight.

He was in the distance. A shadow amidst the smoke and fire; too small to be a CLERIC, their body hunched over and watching in a distant, half-destroyed doorway. As the smoke cleared, and the colours and details of the figure increased in clarity as smoke from raging flames dissipated, Tia widened her eyes. That was...

"Ru..." she began, her voice a whisper. Her lip trembling, she could recognise him in an instant despite his hunched stance; despite his clothes being ripped and singed beyond recognition as a result of the explosion. As she caught the twinkle of a sea blue eye amidst a smoky wasteland, her voice cried out along with the starting of Mixuki's engine.
"--RUBEL!!"

Without even a moment's hesitation, the front of Mixuki lifted upwards as the Blackbird accelerated through flames and rubble, the bike effortlessly maneuvering through obstacles with Tia in command. Where rubble blocked the path to a point where it seemed impossible to pass, she even took a detour by driving up the side of a wall with the assistance of her ELEGANCE, tightly holding onto María with a wire-assisted grip as she did so.

Tears of joy stained her visor as she came closer and closer to that figure she thought was lost.
"He's alive... I-I knew all along... he was alive..." the NOAH whispered under her breath.

Last edited by a moderator:
The white hot plate Tia used to protect Arata never hit the floor. Bouncing it upwards once more, Arata struck it with the flat of his blade, sending it flying towards King. The King of Chaos laughed, his Spellsword of Coronzo cleanly bisecting the disc of doom, as more and more pieces of assorted furniture was sent his way. Tables, chairs, bodies, cathedrals, chunks of the dance floor itself flew up as Arata charged straight forwards mindlessly, sweeping up whatever in his path to toss at the sophisticated madman, who, in an elegant display of swordplay and flame-manipulation, reduced all those deadly projectiles to harmless debris.

Naomi exhaled, her lungs compressing as she threw the punch hard towards the King's chest, only to be engulfed in flame for a moment before feeling herself pulled backwards. The temporary feeling of having no control over her body was... not something she particularly enjoyed in the slightest and she had to shake it off fast as Arata was already pressing the attack immediately. Naomi was beginning to get frustrated, finding quickly that none of her attacks had much of an effect on him. She couldn't hit him and if she stayed still for any longer than a second he could throw her like a ragdoll in any direction. They needed something else, something more than what they already had.

Naomi 's eye briefly surveyed the area, the neural enhancement working to gather information based on what she could see in relevance to the ongoing fight. Finally her eyes rested upon a partially crumbled support column which had been severed from the balcony above, her brow furrowing as her eyes lit up into a steady bright glow. The details were fed back to her in a few moments, highlighting an estimation of the columns material and integrity combined with a percentage of usability and success for the adapting situation. Titan glanced back to the fury of Arata's sword blurring in dangerous arcs towards King before she turned and made for the column.

She blinked, her eyes briefly turning red as she empowered her punch before striking the base of the column, causing the support structure to give an audible 'pop' before the crumbling of debris could be heard, the column tilting to fall. Naomi stepped under the column and heaved it up upon her shoulders, gritting her teeth as she bared it's weight and moved into position. One of two things could happen, she could either throw it... probably miss or worse, hit Arata... or she could bring it down on him like a giant concrete hammer. The latter was her choice as she would raise the column up while King was distracted, taking aim before her eyes flared a bright red as she brought the column down towards him with frightening force.

Six wings of blue flame burst from King's back, the symbol of the seraphim flaring out as he met the column full on, exiting Arata's effective combat range with utmost ease. For an instant, the chaotic Spellsword grew in length tenfold, glowing with white hot before cleaving through the concrete club. Rising to the full height of cathedral, the azure demon reached the apex of his ascent before allowing gravity to take its hold on him once more, the Spellsword sparked with flames as he dove one hundred meters downwards.

"Turnabout is fair play, right?" King shouted, his regal voice clear even as he streaked down, smashing into Naomi's guard.

"Are you fucking kidding me?!" she shouted as he cut right through the concrete and marble column, ascending into the air in a frightening display as wings opened up behind him, his sword growing in length before he began his descending strike towards her. Naomi raised her fists in an attempt to guard against the strike, throwing a left jab to send a shockwave to meet him, but the sword merely parted it like it had done with so many other attempts they had made to hit him.

Titan leaned forward, bending her knees as she readied to absorb the strike into her fists, but he was faster and with his accuracy it was barely a challenge for him to place the blade in the small openings between her raised arms, piercing the hot blade deep into her shoulder. Naomi's guard broke as she let out a pained cry. What was perhaps more frightening was that the sheer force of the strike flattened her to the ground pinning her with the blade against the marble floor which cracked beneath her. One of her fists grabbed the blade, her eyes flickering between red and teal as her elegance threatened to seize control.

Spiderweb fractures ran across the floor, chunks of stone lifted up by the gigantic impact. The floor was cracking, breaking, giving away, as the King of Chaos forced Titan even further down, smashing the NOAH through the first floor of the cathedral into the basement, an empty crypt repurposed as a wine cellar. A strong alcoholic stench pervaded the arena as King's flames burned through the barrels and ignited the alcohol, bringing light upon this arena as well.

In the wake of the debris descended Arata, leaping from one chunk of airborne floor to the other. Pinballing at a rapid pace, he bounced all around King, before ricocheting off a column right in front of the Praetorian. His strength was failing him, but the NOAH pressed on, inkstone eyes blackening as his own weapon turned against him, his lungs constricting in the too-hot environment.

Holy Sword, The Exorcising Bell

Regana-Hier swept inches above Naomi's head, slamming into the rapier. A powerful ringing sound erupted from the clash. The King of Chaos flinched, eardrums disrupted for an instant.

The pressure upon the blade lessened.

The distraction was all that was needed for the fallen Titan to regain some control of the situation. She growled furiously as she pushed the rapier from her shoulder creating a sickly fleshy sound, the hole sealing itself as her skinweave regenerated. Naomi kept her grip on the spellsword as the giant fist tightened on the blade, her opposing leg slamming forth towards the King's gut as if she were to spear him on it.

"Finally dancing together?" King grinned, "To think that a wielder of the Weapon of Massacre was so weak!"

At the incoming kick, King's wings flared up, sending him up and over, the spellsword left behind in Titan's grasp. Somersaulting over and past the two NOAH, he twirled, one hand sweeping dramatically.

"Arsenal of the Heavens, answer your King's call!"

Thirteen golden portals rippled into existence beside him, before a volley of divine chains shot out at his command. They snaked towards the duo at multiple directions, splitting off. But before the encirclement could be complete, Lionheart stepped forwards, gritting his teeth. Another jolt of pain pierced through his mind, but he forced his body to obey his commands.

The Priestess's Arts, Third Prayer
Musubi

Like a string of silk, the Weapon of Massacre flowed inbetween each individual chain, divine steel wrapped around the murderous blade as Arata twisted and pulled, locking down all thirteen God-Sealing Chains.

WIth a rapid succession of clinks, the chains were woven together, to form a path of steel towards the Praetorian.

Naomi got to her feet, throwing the sword at the floor in anger before rolling her shoulder a little, the puncture starting to heal itself. Titan watched as the Praetorian flew into the air and opened up portals, Arata seeming to control them into some kind of bind that opened wide at the end closest to the Praetorian. She lunged forward, moving up beside Arata before one of her large hands grabbing the bind of chains, pulling them taught, her other hand seizing Arata by the scruff of his clothes, "Make it count!" she growled before literally throwing him towards the Prae with a cry as air exhaled from her lungs, putting strength behind the throw so that the young NOAH would have the speed edge to strike hard.

That confident smirk remained even as Lionheart blurred, turned to a deadly projectile as his divine chains were held down by Naomi's titanic strength. Before the sword-wielding NOAH, seven magical barriers were erected, each shattering like glass as Regana-Hier sundered them. So close, he was so close!

"By sword, cleave my foes! By flame, engulf their souls! By might, sunder the world! Under the nine Words of Power, come to my side! Sutr, the Flame Wreathed Eradicator!"

Regana-Hier bit deep, not into the King of Chaos's flesh, but into a massive cross of flame, bearing so much heat that Lionheart could scarcely breathe. Wisps of steam rose from his tainted flesh before the burning cross flicked him, sending the NOAH crashing into the walls of the catacombs.

"Kenaz, Sowilo, Purisaz."

More parts of the otherwordly incarnation of flame and destruction manifested upon reality, as King continued to speak, pulses of arcane power radiating with each word of power he spoke, metal knitting around him, flames becoming limbs, until finally...

The ceiling turned to ash, a twenty foot tall mass of iron and flame rising with the exuberant King of Chaos in its center. Looking down at the two NOAH who dared challenge him, the Praetorian gestured, both hands raised out to the side, "Come on, rebels, surely you have more than that? Where's your fighting spirit?"

The Flame Wreathed Eradicator mimicked his motions.

"WHERE'S YOUR PASSION?!"

She watched as yet another attempt failed, the world erupting once again in flame as the King manifested himself into some kind of avatar of fire, looming over them. Naomi had to suppress her anger as she looked up at the being, half contemplating checking if Arata had been killed after he'd been sent flying into a wall. "Fucking coward!" she shouted, the frustration of not being able to hit him due to his constant moving and deflection of their attacks. She clenched her fists and started throwing punches as the ground, causing it to crack and crumble. Titan began to rip chunks from the floor before throwing them up towards the creature, aiming to hit at the center where King were situated. Unlike before she followed up with another, then another and another. Her rage empowered her strength as her eyes fell into a blood red state, her elegance activating which enabled her to throw bigger chunks at greater speed.

"Yeah," King laughed, "Like that worked last time!"

One massive hand raised up to protect the core, supersonic chunks of stone slamming into the metal mass. Molten chunks tore off, but unperturbed, the giant brought the sword down in a cataclysmic swing, hot winds expelled by the mere movement of the supersized lava elemental.

Naomi slammed one of her legs backwards as she raised her fists, her Enrage building to such a level that it was becoming dangerous for herself and for those around her. She met the sword head on as her fists took hold of the sword, absorbing the blow which forced her down onto one knee. The entire floor cracked beneath her even more so than it already had done from her previous attack, but she held strong Vents opened up on her mechanical fists as hot steam expelled from the sides with the sheer force brought down upon her, the world around her burning away at her skin. It peeled, revealing red, soft flesh as her body fought a war of attrition to heal faster than it was burning. Naomi let out a violent scream of rage, creaking against the giant's might.

And slowly, ever so slowly...

She overpowered it, metal and fire giving away to her Elegance. The giant doubled its strength, two hands linking into the blazing cross, and even then, it only stalled her advance. King's eyes glittered with excitement as the fury built up and up and up, a volcano about to erupt.

"Ok, that's enough."

And then, just as suddenly, the giant released its grip, flipping back as the upraised sword grazed past its chest. Legs flipping forwards and upwards as a result of the action, its foot collided with Titan, shooting her straight up into the air.

With the sword still in her grip, she hadn't the time or the speed to avoid the kick, blood leaving the corner of her mouth from the impact as she was sent into the air far above the cathedral. The flaming sword sailed into the sky with her, it's flaming body burning brightly like a large flare that lit up the sky. The Titan twisted in mid air, maneuvering the colossal sword in her grip as she reached the apex of her upward momentum before she began to fall. "FUCKING DIE!" she screamed angrily as she aimed the sword towards the creature, aiming to drop it right through the demons skull as she fell back towards the earth.

As she fell, it leapt up to meet her, left arm melting away to reform with the right fist. With a fist the size of a trailer truck, it swung upwards to strike its own sword, a ghastly roar coming from its molten form to drown out Titan's own battlecry.

The roar of the wind deafened her ears, submitting briefly to the roar of the demon as she fell towards it. Naomi could see it winding up for a punch, a move she was all too familiar with herself. She grinned as her own flame ignited inside of her, the rage boiling down into pure fury that embraced her mortal core. Her arm drew back as she took aim, letting forth furious cry as she threw the sword towards the fist ahead of her, curling herself into a ball as she filtered between the impact of chaotic flame as the sword and fist collided with each other. The Titan uncurled herself once more as she descended towards the Praetorian hiding in the demon's chest, throwing everything she had into a single punch to knock the King from the creature and obliterate it's being.

Empowered by her fist, the sword cleaved through the molten hammer, shearing through half of the elemental's arm before burying itself into the catacomb's ruptured floor. The earth quaked with its descent, while mid air, Naomi's fist slammed into the giant's chest. For a moment, she was stalled, the last reserves of the flame elemental gathered to protect itself from her blow, but in the next, she burst through, face-to-face with the King of Chaos.

Encased in the liquid metal of his familiar's body, King sneered in Titan's direction, before he smoothly evaded the attack, swimming in liquid metal. Falling out the other end, Naomi plummeted, her fists unable to reach the Ruler of Valhalla.

But...he would not let it end like that.

From the side of the sword of flame, Arata ran, feet moving too fast for him to register the flames that licked at it. The fear of death was far past him. The agony of being consumed by his own Elegance meant nothing to him. All there was now was a murderous intent.

All there was now was a mind that imagined Titan as another 'weapon'.

Kicking off the 'pommel' of the massive sword, Lionheart twisted his body right as he met Naomi, striking her gauntlet with the flat side of the evil blade.

The Third Secret Sword, Retaliator

A miracle manifested, one that returned all strikes with double the force.

A black bolt shot skywards once more, towards the fortress of molten steel that had not yet fully reformed.

Naomi had but a moment to register what happened as Arata flashed before her, seeing his expression as he pressed the flat of his blade against her fist and shot her back toward the demon. Air filtered into the mechanical fist as it cracked, alerting her of the danger as she ascended. Naomi brought her arms to her side to make herself more aerodynamic as she traveled, widening her arms out again once she approached before slamming both her fists into the creature, unleashing two full shockwave volleys.

With a boom many times that of thunder, the primordial avatar of destruction was completely destroyed, molten metal disintegrating into magical energy. Shards of her gauntlet cut past her as they too broke from the impact, but Lionheart's aim was true. Titan struck dead center, landing on the red, crystalline mesh that served as the last physical obstruction to King.

Naomi gripped hold of the mesh as they fell, tumbling through the burning air. One by one, repeated impacts wore down on the cage as King watched, entranced by the violent red of her eyes.

Oh, so dangerous.

Oh, so "EXCITING!"

With one final effort, her fist plowed through, penetrating the cage and rushing towards King's head.

"But still so inadequate!"

His form flickered, flesh turning into fire, ready to reset all their efforts once again.

But, out of his vision, Monad had him in her sights.

3wYGnfp.jpg

\\ Juniper Hamilton
\\ Team II

Unsure of what to do, the raven-haired stayed on the defensive. Each time Valkyrie lashed out with her unnatural arms, she either jumped back or parried with her sword and shield, avoiding an aggressive posture where she could. Thankfully, there was little tactics put into the pattern of her attacks, allowing the former paladin to easily glide away from most of the attempts against her. For now, Juniper was able to distract the insane Valkyrie, but she wasn't sure how long that she could play at that game, especially if she turned her arms against Crusader, who was significantly less prepared than the armored paladin in fending off her attacks.

After what felt like one too many dodges, Juniper finally saw something that gave her pause. Her red-eyed ally appeared to be hesitating; she paused, standing cautiously as she watched, hearing the words that she struggled to put out. She bit her lip, clicking her teeth; Juniper knew that was probably the best course of action, but leaving her to her own devices as is was… less than optional. "Valkyrie, fight back. You can get a hold of yourself!"

It seemed it was for naught, however, as the NOAH was lost once again, this time lashing out towards Crusader. Struggling to intercept all of them before they could eviscerate the RONIN, Juniper was taken aback as the dark arms were struck down around her, most of them never making it to the chainsword-wielding man. Spinning around alongside him, she was surprised to find a golden-haired figure standing amongst them, dressed in a curious, bright armor that wasn't quite like what the paladins she knew would wear. Even his words were completely foreign to her, before he switched to a more recognizable English. It seemed he would help deal with Valkyrie here… But who was he? Could he be trusted? She had absolutely no knowledge of who or what or organization he was, and no way to confirm it with either.

But was there much that she could do? She glanced back at the smoldering ruins of the palace, faint gunshots audible in the distance. It was true, spending time here indecisively against Valkyrie was not doing anybody good. She grimaced. "Alright," she acquiesced, "but you better keep your word."

Clicking her tongue, she turned to Crusader. "We need to go. We should have been inside minutes ago."

As soon as she confirmed his answer, she paced into a sprint towards the direction of the flames.

Rubel_Banner_1.jpg

It felt nice. The coldness of steel against his cheek. It helped him forget about things, like who he was or where he was at. About the past and the near distance future. If only for a small moment, those things no longer mattered and only the hard chill pressed against his face did. … … ...

"Wake up!"

A girl's voice startled Rubel from his trance, but was he Rubel? The question ceased to hold attention as a pair of emerald eyes looked to him behind an untidy mess of faded blonde hair. On the fringes of being considered white, the straight strands glimmered next to his eyes as he watched the girl rock his body back and forth from beneath his folded arms.

"Come on! Sleepy head. Wake. Up. Wake Up."

Unsure of who the girl was or why she insisted he rise from his serene seat at the steel table and tend to her whim. He simply played his part as the sleeping older brother in order to tease his youngest sister. But wait. Since when was he an older brother? He had sisters? … … ...

His thoughts again were interrupted by the needy girl as she spoke to him by name. But as her lips moved it was as if his hearing failed him momentarily, and the words were not heard only understood.

"...!"

Sitting up at the bizarre utterance, he got an even better view of the girl now who's emeralds eyes began to sparkle from batting back tears. The hair earlier that had brushed up against his face stretched down past the girl's shoulders and ended in split ends. Made vibrant by her pale smooth skin, she could have easily passed for a life size china doll, if not for her single piece of faded clothing. Come to think of it, he didn't even know what he was wearing.

Taking a look down at himself, it seemed he too wore the same single gown attire the girl had. Odd. Since when had he changed? Changed from what? He always wore these, right? … … ...

Being pulled by force from the bench by the girl's prying arms, he didn't put up much resistance and followed after her. Walking down endless rows of steel benches much like the one he was just at. It seemed the room they were in was made to accommodate a large crowd when serving dinner. He had just finished dinner and… no that wasn't right. What had he been doing and where was he?

These questions and more went unanswered as the two continued further beyond the cafeteria and into an almost like void through time. Failing to taking notice of the changes within himself and the girl beside him, things seemed to just shift in rapidity and he was now staring at a not much different version of the girl before, but one who was much taller and no longer had the fearful face of a child.

The two were running now, from some unknown entity that chased after them. He was not aware of who they were nor did he care. He only dared not look back for a sinking feeling in his stomach knew, but would not tell him. As they neared a set of steel double doors they burst open to a far wide landscape of ice and snow.

Caught within a blizzard now it was he who was leading the girl as she clung to his arm from exhaustion. Her face burning red from beneath her skin, the mist of her breaths were short and rapid, accompanied by a raspiness in her voice. He didn't quite know why they were freezing now in the middle of nowhere or why this girl had been so vehement on getting them there. But, staring at her now as her arms shook next to his, he couldn't help but wish for the cold to cease and for the warmth of her embrace.

The next moment he got what he wanted. Knelt beside her as the warm blood seeped through her and into his lap. Her face instead of being filled terror knew only calm. Managing a soft smile as she looked up into his own emerald eyes, the vision was blurred by curtains of water. Soon only able to feel the warmth of her body draining onto his, the cold threatened to take him along with it as the sensation overtook him.

With a loud gasp Rubel awoke to the sensation of blood against his body. Breathing heavily his mind scrambled to make sense of the current world and the one he had just been in. His heart set a flutter, a new sensation soon made itself known as he surveyed his surroundings. Warm yet chilling next to the blaze around him and the blood on his body, tears rolled down his cheeks and blurred his sight, but for no clear reason. The only thing he could attach to them was a long forgotten name that had come back to him.

"Erica…"

The name like the key to a lock seemed to just by utterance clear some of the fog in Rubel's mind. Staring at the ground for a moment with a blank expression, he remembered his name and that it wasn't Rubel. He also knew who the girl in his dream was, if only partly. It had not been a dream after all, it was much too detailed, too vivid. If not for a dream what could it be but a memory? A memory!

The realization struck Rubel as quickly as his emerging personality attached to them did. While nothing drastic, the motivations of the past Rubel who knew nothing and was known for his recklessness could be no more. As now that he had something to grasp on, something of his past and those he loved. He had to see the next day rise, no matter the outcome. If only to uncover more of it, he needed more!

Attempting to wipe his tears away and claw his way to the others who he could now hear fighting in the room twenty odd yards away. Rubel finally noticed he no longer had the full use of his arms, due to the fact they were pinned with the rest of his body under a large wooden door that lay slanted atop him. Looking at it from over his shoulder it seemed to be supporting chunks of the ceiling that had fallen and come to rest beside it. Thankfully due to their position and the doors orientation in regards to the rest of the rubble that dotted his sides it had only pinned him instead of crushing his body entirely. However, that was far from being welcomed as it still meant he was unable to move.

Wiggling with what room was available, his shoulders tossed side to side in a vain attempt to loosen his body from the door's strangling weight. If he could just get his fingers free, Rubel knew he could get loose. While on the surface rather delicate for bionics, his hands could easily support several times his own weight. Knowing this and with resolve not giving to lightheadedness he inched his torso free twist by twist until he free'd a hand.

Working its fingers in the cramped space between his body and the door he planted all five digits to the stone floor and gave a hydraulic push. Lifting the left side of it only by a half inch at best, it was just enough to loosen his other hand and get to work crawling his way to safety. Held up by fingers alone, his body performed what was otherwise impossible for an average person weighted down by five hundred pounds of debris. Though it was also in part thanks to his muscular conditioning from constant hours of gymnastics that kept his ragged body in one piece as he finally slipped from beneath the door.

Standing up, the world began to spin and his legs grew weak. Stumbling forward but managing to catch himself, he began to realize just how much blood he had lost while laying there unconscious. Looking to his left shoulder, the deep red of a gash shown through his blood soaked undershirt. White now a cherry red, he could only guess as to how it had happened during the initial explosion. Cupping his head with his right hand it too was bleeding. With his hair a matted glob at the point of injury.

Laughing lightly to himself, he was a real mess. It was a wonder he hadn't died in the explosion to begin with, but that was then and this was now. As the sounds of battle continued to reach his ears there was only one course of action left to him. Even if he couldn't do much, he had to help out where he could. Things may be worse off there than where he sat, and there was no telling what shape the others were in.

Collecting himself at these thoughts and of wanting to put an end to the battle sooner than later. Rubel picked himself up off the ground again with a groan as he looked for a way to the Ballroom. Surrounded by fallen pillars and chunks of the ceiling, by the looks of it he'd have to crawl or wedge himself to get there.

Resting beside the broken doorway he watched as the battle and fire raged on. Surprised by King's ability to not only match, but outperform Naomi and Arata combined while seemingly dematerializing into fire itself only to materialize later. It was likely more odd that he wasn't standing in awe, but instead thinking on how to counter it or assist the others in doing so. Watching their movements and bout closely to judge speed, power, and anything else that may prove useful, his concentration was interrupted by yet another girl, but maybe now a woman, calling out to him.

Hearing the familiar but brash tone of Tia's voice Rubel smiled and straightened up, lest he look like he was on death's doorstep. Remaining silent as the black figure of Mixuki drew near, he finally spoke as Tia hopped over debris to take hold of him.

"Hey Sis."

Rubel_Banner_1.jpg

GVTuY41.jpg

t8B8dvS.png

—————————————————————————————————————————-

"Hey Sis."

For a while, she held on tightly; seeing him in such a state emotionally constricted her too much to speak. She was sure she'd caught him just seconds before he was going to die; too much of an idiot; too late to help in time. As usual.

But as he gave out such a nonchalant reply, the NOAH couldn't help but give a quiet laugh as tears of relief dripped from under her motorcycle helmet.

"D-damn it, Rubel… we thought you were…" she began, but cut off as a jarring impact shook the whole building, the battle roars and taunts of King audible in the background. Taking a moment to analyse him behind her visor, he had some pretty bad injuries; she was unsure whether most would be able to stand in his situation. "That wound on your head… you… you can still walk and hear me okay?"

How? How was he so… 'stable'? It was a question Tia didn't even remotely care about. All she cared was that Brother was here and okay. She wasn't sure how well the Seraphim could walk, but just in case, she helped him move across the room. No time to administer first aid, but… his breathing seemed to be okay, despite his wounds looking serious.

"Either way… there's not much time. We're banking on María's Elegance now. I was gonna drive her in range… and direct her, but… now that you're here…" Tia sniffled, her voice clear but still holding a somewhat delirious tone of pain within. "Damn it, we can get you out of here, Rubel. There's still time, a-and… guh... you need a medic bad..."

Tia paused for a moment, figuring there was enough room to fit both Rubel and María. Neither were exactly huge figures. But... could he fight? Was he conscious enough? He seemed okay, but a skull injury never led to anything good. With the building crumbling more and more with the clashing of battle in the background, they needed to plan and act fast.

"...María… do you…" Tia began as she struggled back to the motorcycle, Rubel close by. "Think there's room for one more back there? Rubel's okay. Shaken and banged up, but… if we end this quick…"

Ending her sentence with a wheeze, Tia noticed she was struggling to breathe. Not due to emotion, but the toll of relentless, roaring flames.

María's finger clenched, tightly holding onto Tia's beloved Mixuki. Being spared a lot of suffering in contrast to her fellows, her weak frame struggled against the burst of momentum, as Tia's joyous scream directed her own gaze; and truly, there he stood, the first friendly face María had seen in months, on tonight's chilly evening, now a cool night, but now felt like it existed in decades past. Waves of heat, and the streamed air pulsated into her face, as Tia's daring driving turned the almost blind's NOAH's vision into a swirl of searing whites and oranges, ever changing, but always gnawing at her own composure.

Finally, Mixuki's path steadied, and Tia's voice rang clear in María's ears once more. Chains of solid stone seemed to crumble, sliding off her insides, and dragging down indescribable feelings of sorrow and guilt with them. As Tia steered her machine towards the silhouette, closing in on the outline of a certain Seraphim flickering against the bright flames of the palace, María squinted in anticipation, her mind conjuring a familiar strand of blonde hair before she could make it out, inches away.

"Rubel."

Her vision blurred beyond the usual haze, as tears welled up, and ran down her cheeks, evaporating as soon as they hit the heated ground. Monad leaped forwards, slinging her arms around Rubel's frame.

"I'm so sorry, Rubel, I'm so, so sorry!" she cried out, hiding her own eyes from the battered returnee. "It's all my fault! I'll never leave my partner alone again, I promise. I promise!" Her reedy apology was almost swallowed by the roaring of the inferno that surrounding them all, as she snuffled emphatically, before balling her hands to fists, and looking straight into Rubel's eyes. "I promise you are getting out of here, okay?"

Despite her gulping, her sobbing, her volume remained loud, as a surge of vengeful courage coursed through her. She had looked on long enough, remained in the back long enough. The image of Rubel opening the door to the AFTERLIFE popped up before her mind's eye, followed by Tia's voice promising her…

Snapping back into the here and now, María nodded towards Tia, mustering a smile; a treasure Tia had gifted her even in the most dire of situations, and a treasure who it was time for María to reciprocate. "We… You don't have to stop, Tia. Once I'm up there, just get him to saftey. Get yourself out of here. Just… Just be safe, and it will be fine. I know it."

"Like church bells."

Knocking on the visor bit of Tia's helmet, Rubel gave a light chuckle to hopefully ease the girl's concern. But by her reaction and appearance it seemed both of them were worse for wear, more so him if Tia was this worried. Though, that was just like her. To worry about her friends and those nearby instead of herself. Looking at her now covered in burns and struggling to breath from what looked like an exhaustive battle before him, if anyone needed to leave it was her.

Thinking of what to say in order to convince her otherwise, Rubel was stopped dead in his thought as Maria had him staggered with her unexpected leap. Hiding the pain of his shoulder from her, he couldn't help but let a low audible exhale escape from his throat. Though playing it off in his surprise, he was thankful she didn't seem to notice. But the notion quickly faded as she opened up to him.

Looking into her tear soaked eyes as she made a promise to see him out of the fight, it was harder to shake off than any wounds he'd sustained thus far. Simply nodding his head he couldn't find the words nor will to refuse her. Not after that. But he realized just how pitiful he must look to them. Here was Maria risking her life for a man she hardly knew, yet was willing to shed tears over. She was too good to deserve things like this. A lot of them were really.

While it wasn't his place to fight, and nor was it his battle. They still had made room for him in FEARLESS and took him in. Sure he was useful, daring, but there were plenty of Ronin and Seraphim alike like that. People like him and the others were a dime a dozen, and yet here he was a priority of the battlefield. It was laughable, foolish even.

Processing all of this in the time it took to be ferried over to Mixuki, Rubel's body soon began to resist and he ceased to move altogether as Tia guided him. When she turned to him in question and Maria soon followed he had reaffirmed his mind. He would fight. Had to fight. It was hard to deny them, but he couldn't well let them take him away either. Not when the battle had gotten so heated.

And he would not see these two die. Not today. He already had to deal with someone dying in his arms once before. The only way forward was to defeat King here and now. He was fast sure, able to keep up with even Arata and Naomi combined. But there were things in this world even faster, and something Rubel could conjure on his own. With a little help. Every man had his vices, faults, and eventually made mistakes. Hell, even Gods could fuck up. All it required was the right approach.

With the cogs of his mind spinning a hundred times per second Rubel began to answer Tia and Maria's confusion while thinking of a battle tactic.

"I'm going to stay… I'm… fine really. I'd like to help out."

"--Rubel…" Tia began in protest, her grip on him tightening along with Maríá's as she turned her head. Although she seemed stubborn that she was getting him to safety, as a tactician, she'd always respected the Seraphim greatly. "...I… I'm not gonna watch you die, okay? If you lose consciousness, then…" her voice trailed off, and although her grip remained tight, she seemed conflicted.

He had expected this. And she was right, if he lost consciousness on the field there would be no saving him. With no telling what injuries he had sustained nor whether he'd be as able as he was now forever. It was just all the more reason to stay, while he could.

"Tia."

Rubel's voice was terse the next time he spoke. After a short lapse it soon adopted a more confident air. One backed by determination instead of his usual cocky and nonchalant one. It was a rare part of him that was new, but also old.

"This isn't a battle we can run from. Even for me... Remember why we're here. And those who aren't. It's because of them we have this chance. ... ... even now, Arata and Naomi are fighting with everything they have."

Looking to the battle not far from them, Rubel's eyes briefly reflected the scene of raging flames and darting figures who clashed and then separated in the blink of a lash.

"It's okay to worry about me, but just don't be going all soft on me all right? ...Heh."

"And I have a plan. A really big one; one King won't see coming..."

Her grip faltered for a moment, before she looked down at the ground with a mixture of sadness and frustration. He was right. Of course he was right. And as confident as she was in María's newfound confidence and ability… what if it didn't work? Giving assistance to Naomi and Arata with a plan even deeper would be nothing but a benefit. Trusting that 'plan' could be their only hope.

She'd seen too many die already. But if this was how Rubel wanted to do things, it would be selfish of her to stop him. She wasn't sure what emotions had suddenly taken the boy over, but she could tell: if he was going to go out, he wanted to do it fighting.

Slowly, as her grip completely released, she balled up a fist, before placing it gently on the top of Rubel's head and rubbing it through his hair for a little moment. It was a noogie with little to no power, but it was clear the gesture wasn't done out of spite. It was a noogie filled with affection, that hid hints of worry and frustration as she gave in.

Inhaling sharply, María let out the air with a sigh. She felt the tightly tailored evening gown press against her skin uncomfortably as her lungs expanded, the fabric damp from the heat, sweat, and blood. The urge to protest rose inside of chest, but Rubel's demeanor had subtly yet notably changed. His words rang true in her ears; two of them were just now fighting for their lives--for all of their lives, really. With gritted teeth, she watched Tia teasing Rubel, and felt a stinging sensation torment her heart.

If it had to be that way, she'd just have to make sure they would all get out safely AFTER fighting King. "Well… I suppose it's time I'm not the only one who doesn't see stuff coming, huh?" the NOAH mumbled. She wasn't exactly a comedian, but Tia's limitless ability to lighten up the mood was contagious.

"Hehe... g-good one. ...Well, Rubel... you'd better hope that grand plan of yours is gonna work then, huh? Nothing I could say could convince yo--" Tia's voice cut off into a fit of spluttering coughs under her helmet, the NOAH clutching her chest as she did so. For some reason, a sudden wave of nausea was coming over her, but she ignored it the best she could. "--you anyway. A-and… *cough*, María," Tia hopped back on to her vehicle, and leant behind her before balling up her fist and noogying her in similar fashion.

"What ya said earlier... d-don't ya' dare talk like that. ...We're all getting out of this together; nobody gets left behind… and nobody's gotta think about sacrificing themselves. It'll be squeeze, but my baby's got room for three," she turned her head, making a gesture to FOX across the room that she'd be coming back for him… but with things heating up, and CLERICs falling left and right to his covering fire, he'd need to escap-

--!!

Tia's whole body jumped in surprise as the sound of a colossal impact overshadowed her words. The rumbling of concrete shattering and flames incinerating was almost deafening in the distance. The building rumbled at the impact, seemingly shaking at its ablaze supports, before a rain of concrete seemed to occur once more.

"Hold on, you two! If Rubel's gonna try something crazy, and we need to do it on the mo-" a huge piece of rubble suddenly parted from the ceiling above them, and not even the acceleration of Mixuki was enough to avoid it. "--Above!!"

María shot Tia a tired smile. She didn't understand how she managed to keep it up. The sounds of her tormented breathing filled María with dread, and she wished she had been there, right away. She could've changed… something. The fact her body was largely spared from the surrounding chaos only emphasized the wave of guilt washing over her. Rubel had wandered off because she let him… Fox had protected her… And Tia was hurt, in spite of María's promises.

"Sacrifice? H-hey, you promised I'd be fine, right? I don't want to be responsible for you breaking your word, silly." she teased, hoping that her safety was the last of either of her friends concern. If it had to come to that, well... she was more than ready.

She was grateful to see Tia and Rubel turn to mound the machine again, feeling her smile crumble, though they soon all looked up in unison, as the thunderous sound of the palace breaking down further overshadowed the inferno. A giant chunk of the ceiling had departed, hurling down, and María felt the pull of Mixuki being fired up with reckless abandon, its master, Tia, desperately trying to steer the trio, as well as her precious bike, away from disaster--But it was too late.

Something found its way upwards, inside María's body. It felt as if she was drowning, and the last bubbles of air rose from the lungs, through the water, and vanished on the surface. Pressure almost froze her frail frame, but her arms shot up in despair, without thought, as a muted scream of fear escaped her lips before her fingers formed a frame in front of her useless eyes. The billowing shape of the descending rubble approaching, time came to a halt, if only within María's mind. Unlike her blurred vision, the pictures that rained down on her face were crystal-clear, forming a time lapse of the seconds she had just witnessed; the conversation, the panicked gaze towards the ceiling, and the attempted escape. The chain of pictures finished the short sequence with the sight of a crushed Mixuki, and the three of them buried underneath the debris; a peek into the one or two seconds it would take for them to find their fate.

The fear had disappeared, even as she felt her eyes burn just as relentlessly as the palace, her breath being forcefully removed from her lungs, leaving her winded and scrambling for composure.

No matter the cost…

Her hand danced across the frames, one after the other fading away, until they all vanished.

No matter.

María briefly felt the heat of the palace flare up again, and the first note of a word, spoken by María, before she brought her fingers up once more... As time froze once again, she felt her arms shaking now, as she brought them up in front of her face once more. The last time they had shaken like this, she remembered it vaguely. It had been during her escape, and her legs had given out.

Not this time!

The taste of iron lingered on her lips, as a stream of blood ran down from her nose, and coated a crimson face upon her jaw. And that meant…

Her fingers burrowed into the fabric of Tia's suit, however meek, as the heat of the environment, and the noise of chaos ran once more. Time resumed, as María coughed uncontrollably, her body shaking, paying the price her ELEGANCE demanded. Her chest rose and fell rapidly, and her lungs felt as if they were riddled with holes as she sucked in the hot air. She knew she couldn't afford to use it again before they engaged King, but it would all be for naught if the three of them didn't make it there first.

"MOVE! QUICK!"

The past few moments were a blur, a faded memory of an alternate timeline. In a past life Rubel had stumbled at the immense shock wave that had carried across the ballroom and tore apart its very walls. Being too slow in adjusting his step and mounting their means of escape it had seemed like the end.

But now, standing where he once had and coming to terms with the abrupt shift in space, Rubel needn't the words of Maria to bound toward Mixuki. Surprisingly nimble despite his battered frame, he was the first to hop on the bike, firmly placing himself near its tail. Turning to assist Maria as blood dripped through her red stained hands, Rubel picked her clear up and onto the bike by the hips in a single swift motion.

Grabbing onto the tail end for support, it was hardly a second before his weight shifted and his body was accelerated to the engines roar. Deafened to the surrounding sounds of battle, it made a theater of his ear canal as the scenery of around him began blurring to speed. Turning his head, he witnessed as seconds passed that the chunk of ceiling crumbled and fell where they had just been, and should have died.

"I HOPE YOU REMEMBER SCIENCE CLASS TIA!" he shouted over the incessant howl of the motorbike. "I"LL NEED MY STUFF! DO YOU STILL HAVE IT!?"

The blackbird accelerating as it weaved through rubble and flames alike, Tia didn't take a moment to hesitate as María provided them that opportunity to carry on. She'd saved their life. Even with the sounds of battle, the screeching of Mixuki's engine, and the grinding of tires against rough ground, she could still hear the slow, pained breaths of María behind her, and listening to that alone was hurting. King had to die… fast, fast, fast as possible. She was praying Arata or Naomi would be able to pull something out of the bag and win without their assistance, but the Praetorian just fought back harder and harder, despite the two NOAH's combined efforts.

Through a haze of pain and extreme concentration, she recognized a familiar-yet-somehow-not voice.

"...Science class…" Tia squinted for a moment, trying not to break concentration as her body worked to its fullest to perform what would be otherwise impossible twists and turns if not for her ELEGANCE, to avoid rubble. What did he mean, science class?

Suddenly, however, Rubel began explaining some rushed steps to her. It was all vague, and… confusing. Something to do with her 'magnetism'... or rather, her 'energy'. She didn't understand what it all meant, but she would try her hardest to follow those steps when the not-so-distant time came. Brother seemed sure it would work, at least.

"CHECK THE SIDES!" Tia yelled in reply. Strapped to the sides of the motorcycle with various wires were still various bags, used to carry things like her wire spools, the trio of machineguns, and FOX's rifle. But the bags that weren't empty was where Rubel's requested items lied.

"IF WE'RE DOING THIS… I, I'M NOT FULLY SURE WHAT YOU MEAN: 'REDIRECT MY ENERGY TO KI-'" Tia's voice cut off, overridden by the sounds of unspeakable power, as flames inside the building suddenly began to converge in towards King's direction. The brightness was too much for her to make out, but a storm of ash that came from a freshly incinerated ceiling was starting to limit visibility. She couldn't fully make out what the conflict was, but a huge figure - comprised of flames and liquid metal - had manifested.

Time had suddenly run even shorter. Driving had somehow become even harder. But in preparation, the wire spools on the side of Tia's bike were beginning to twist and curl, remaining nails strapped to her flying down the ends of the wire. If Rubel's crackpot, rushed plan worked, combined with María's ELEGANCE, it could end the fight very soon.

"SCREW IT, NO TIME - I'LL TRY, I'LL TRY! MARÍA, IF YOU CAN HANDLE IT AGAIN… USE YOUR ELEGANCE ON MY GO ON KING, OKAY?"

María wheezed, burying her fingers in the fabric of Rubel's clothes in an attempt to pull herself up into a seating position. Her right eye closed shut, her sight had become even more limited than usual, and it was impossible for her to tell apart the brightness of the flames from the brightness of the stars she saw whirling before her mind's eye. Tia's screams pulled her out of her exhaustion, if only temporary.

"I WILL!" she shouted back, trying desperately to catch her breath; a difficult task given the heat of the air. "T-TELL ME WHEN!"

"JUST REMEMBER! DOUBLE BACK AND COLLECT THE METAL!" Slinging his harness of grenades over his head and right shoulder, Rubel pulled a slim black square from his assigned bag before noticing a gleam from its bottom. Digging around until he felt the familiar but recently forgotten hard surface of his custom gas mask, he considered the warring outside the burning marble around him. He had given it to Tia as he thought he'd be the one to initially face REAPER, but with the fight before him now, he all but reconsidered. Hearing the wheezing and coughing of Maria close to him, he lightly patted her shoulder and once gaining her attention, directed the mask in covering her face.

With her holding it in place there was only one thing left to do. Jump. Grabbing a good length of copper wire from Tia's spools he pinched the end and tore it with his fingers before haphazardly hopping off the back of Mixuki and landing on his back. The impact with the help of the stone floor knocked the wind right out of him and was soon replaced by the searing smoke that was fast filling the room. Struggling for breath, but not deterred Rubel quickly got to his feet and started to run.

María flinched as she felt the warmed edge of the gas mask on her face, before holding it on place. Her eyes widened, as she felt Rubel's frame move away from her, and ultimately jump off the machine fully.

"RUBEL!"

Her slender arm reached out, still shaky and caked with dust and blood, trying to catch Rubel's; as her hand closed around nothing but air, a suppressed sob was overshadowed by the roar of the flames, as if the palace cried out as it devoured Rubel's shape.

Tossing black smoke where needed in the already foggy battlefield, Rubel laid down the length of wired where able, and climbing over concrete and debris when needed. Straining his ear for the coming sound of Mixuki passing by, he lost sight of the raging battle merely feet away. Greeted for his misdeed by falling molten metal and flaming rock, he did his best to seek shelter but suffered burns and bruises from the hail of inferno for his troubles.
Above and invisible to the naked eye, prototypes of Rubel's drones modified with the late Katharine's designs idled and watched for their cue to act. Being updated with a short string of commands in the time it took Rubel to be pelted, they acted now upon complex AI that followed their makers movements and acted accordingly. With his figure reaching a set length of the wire they would soundlessly shoot JPOX at their designated targets through the smoke and fire. Landing with precision atop of the wire, they would act as the base for what came shortly after.
Searching the barren field for any signs of glinting gold or protrusions among the rubble, Rubel did a quick scan of his surroundings trying to cough back the flames in his lung and see through the tears in his eyes. Spotting a bent curtain rod among a mound of bodies he got to work prying it loose before returning to where his drones should have laid down the base of his would be transistors. Unlike the previous JPOX that he used in battles past, his new and specially tested batch was more malleable and easy took to the rod being thrust into it.

"Two more…"
His breathing was ragged, body burning from head to toes, and sweating as if tossed into an oven. It did not want to move, it wanted more than anything to drop then and there and collapse, but Rubel somehow forced it to continue its work. Unable now to even feel the sensation as he clung to the last of the rebar, only the faint sting in his lungs which had long went numb reminded him of where he was and what he had to do.

Stumbling back toward his last makeshift transistor on the other side of the room, Tia had done her part in laying the building blocks for his plan. Hinging on his next moves in order to work, he scrambled as quickly as his body allowed, which was a feeble criss cross of a run, betrayed by the back and forth sway of his upper body. With only his goal in sight everything else ceased to matter. Singling his view onto the gray circle about the width of a small chair and half its height, their prongs screamed to his remaining consciousness. Here! Come Here!

After what seemed like minutes of running, when in actuality were mere seconds, Rubel almost couldn't stop himself as he came to a halt just shy of barreling into the rebar before him. Taking a deep but ultimately oxygen deprived and shallow breath, he raised the last of the rebar above his head and plunged it down with the remainder of his strength into the soft putty on the floor. Almost immediately taken by a rush of relief, he quickly found himself cover before he could pass out amongst his own death trap.

With the aid of her motorcycle to carefully position herself whilst keeping María safe, Rubel's elaborate plan seemed to be ready. She'd set up the wires in the correct place, and they'd executed the plan quickly before the overwhelming heat and lack of oxygen had bought them to their knees.

Noting Rubel's dive for cover, Tia closed her eyes for a moment. That was her cue. Rubel had explained exactly everything she'd need to do a short while ago atop Mixuki, and whilst she wasn't sure what was going to happen… from this point, she'd put every fiber of her being and power into those instructions.

"L-looks like that lil' genius is finished. María… I'm not sure what's going to happen next. But if this goes wrong… I want you to know that you're an amazing person." Tia softly whispered to the NOAH behind her. With that, she began to go through Rubel's instructions, step-by-step, as quickly as she could.

"Don't say that..." María huffed back, her fingers clenching around Mixuki's chassis until they turned white. "We're going to get out of here!" The blind NOAH reached out from behind, and put her left hand on Tia's shoulder, her touch gentle, so as to not hurt the injured driver. "We kind of all made promises to one another, remember?" María hoped to sound light-hearted, a pained chuckle following her words."I believe in you."

María's smile slowly faded from her pale face; she didn't know just what the 'plan' was, but she knew that Tia, Rubel, Fox, and all the others counted on them. And she knew that there was only one chance for her to pull this off. The heated blood dripped from her mouth, and onto the back of hand, where it highlighted the cracks in María's skin, like tiny branches. The next ten seconds she'd delete would outweigh her entire lifetime.

Tia began to steadily levitate nails around a section of the wire. As the speed of the rotating increased… she could feel some sort of 'energy', pulsing through the wire. An energy that wasn't her own… and as that energy slowly increased, generated from her rotation, a fuzzy, shaky sensation was starting to take over her whole body.

What was this… feeling? Rubel had briefly explained she'd feel a sensation something like this. He'd explained it simply: 'control the magnetism in your wires. Then shoot King.' But was this really magnetism? It felt different, and her muscles were seizing up a little, her body spasming slightly as she struggled to control the energy that was slowly building up. Blood began to drip from her nose under her helmet, but she wasn't going to give up. María believed in her.

She could feel all the energy she'd 'built up' whizzing around the copper wire, storing in the makeshift 'transistors' Rubel had built. An occasional spark and crackle that slipped past her control came from the wire, but slowly, she was subconsciously learning to control the energy that was nigh crippling to get a hold of.

Eventually, her whole body tensed up, jittering like mad when the transistors Rubel had built felt like they couldn't hold any more energy. Containing all of this was agonizing, but-

* W H O O S H . *

A blast of magical energy that wasn't hers swept across the room, a shuddering impact from Naomi felling the titan of liquid metal King had constructed. The gush of ethereal air blew the smoke from fire and smoke grenades alike aside. Too infatuated with his battle, presumably, the Praetorian had no idea what was about to hit him as he let out a roar.

His eyes said it all: it was oh so "EXCITING!"

The target she'd release all of this energy unto was now in her sights. She had no idea what was going to happen, but she trusted Rubel's word. Naomi was in the frame, and the risk of hitting her with something unknown held Tia back - long enough for King to begin shifting into his form of flames. But… with the ELEGANCE of a new, close friend nearby, there was a chance it could be fixed.

[glow=cyan]"N-N-NOW!! STRAIGHT AHEAD, MmM-m-MARÍA! ER-rr-ASE TIME!"[/glow]

The voice her scream held was contorted and shaky enough to almost be completely unrecognisable, but the order was clear.

The voice María had grown so fond of whirred through the palace, distorted and fragmented, and yet it demanded all of María's attention and strength, guiding it towards her, no, THEIR target. Her chest heaving and pressing against the blue dress, now stained in various shades of red and brown, she pressed her long legs against the hot metal of Mixuki with all her strength, in order to free her hands.

Immediately, the momentum Tia had created pushed against her body, almost sweeping her off the bike. The muscles in her calfs strained, as she formed a square shape with her fingers in front of her, barely able to extend her arms before her body. The praetorians may have deemed her a failure, and she may have been dead weight for the other FEARLESS fighters until this very moment, but now her imperfect ELEGANCE worked exactly as it was supposed to, and María felt the pull of the void take hold of what laid in front of her.

All air was drawn out of her lungs, and her eyes began to burn relentlessly, as, for the first time, a clear, unobstructed image of the King appeared in front of her, Naomi and Arata fighting truly fearlessly, and the crowned devil amused, confident, arguably overly so.

A scream of fear and pain echoed silently, to be heard by nobody but time itself, as pictures of the future flashed before María's eyes, showcasing King's ability, so eerily overwhelming, only to vanish. Slender fingers danced across the kaleidoscope of images, as they dissipated one after the other. They thought we had no future, but the funny part is, none of us will have one, if only for a few seconds. Amongst the whirlwind of a future that would not come to be, that, in an odd, retroactive view, had never been, and could never be, a few hazy flashes of the past appeared before María's eyes; Valkyrie's kind voice sounded in her ears. Rubel's genuine smile. Tia's hand on top of her own. This would be for all of them, for all of FEARLESS, for the world.

The frame broke apart, and María's body had long hit the ground, somewhere along the history that didn't exist once her ELEGANCE had stopped, unable to hold onto the wild machine. The trail of her body, cold and bloody, seemed to whirr inside her head, which had grown heavy; too heavy to lift and catch a glimpse of Tia's work, of their success. Darkness engulfed María's already darkened vision, extinguishing the flames that lit up the blurry ceiling above her, and took the girl away, as the sensation of a hot liquid running down her sides, and pooling underneath her, and the smell of iron waned.

As the frames reversed, a clear shot on King was suddenly available. A crackle of electricity sparked across the room, the fork of energy arching straight for King as the roar of voltage came above the sound of flames just for a brief second: whitish blue against deadly orange. The spark went to try and paralyze the vulnerable King; long enough for the enraged Naomi and Arata to do the rest.

"Y... you... you did it... Marí... a..."

"R-Rubel... wh-what you said… w-worked… we... h-heh... di--"

The form of Mixuki faded away as the unconscious, burnt, and broken body of Tia lay slumped a short distance away from her fellow NOAH against the rubble-stained floor.

gmTFu7C.png

rISL0fL.png

----
0 9 4 0
H O U R S
----

yTEYct7.png

FRZTzJA.png

Sapphire orbs glanced nonchalantly over towards the heavily armored woman, a calm look painted across the stranger's canvas as she spoke to him. "Yes, yes. Your friend will be fine, I assure you." The man remarked with casual confidence. "Your other friends however..." He began, pausing for a moment as he was interrupted by the ongoing orchestra of gunfire emanating from the cathedral, "...they certainly will need your help." He added, the edges of his lips curling into a quaint smile.

As the battle-weary members of FEARLESS moved to evacuate the scene, the armored man turned his attention back towards Valkyrie, who seemed to have completely lost control of herself. "I suppose the honor is mine, Valkyrie." He gathered himself, his poise revealing a warrior well-versed with the blade. "Though, I had hoped we could have met under better circumstances."

The enraged Valkyrie would waste no time in meeting the stranger's challenge, black manifestations tearing from Valkyrie's already scarred back as the arms dashed towards the man. One misstep, one mistake, and the newcomer would be dashed to pieces just like the Praetorian that challenged her previously.

"But perhaps we just got off on the wrong foot!"
The man cackled as he charged forth to meet his new friend in battle. Though Valkyrie was powerful, the warrior could easily see that her strength was unbridled, lacking any semblance of formal training. It would be with this simple fact that her movements would be telegraphed, easily predictable and thus, easily disposed of. Without hesitation or fear, the man raised his weapon as a golden aura imbued itself around its blade.

"Montjoie Durendal!"

Yul5rZ6.png

The cackle of gunfire and the chaos of combat pumped a near infinite supply of adrenaline into FOX's bloodstream. As bullets and explosions whizzed past his position, he found himself holding his breath as the lesser experienced Tia and María sat in more exposed positions to his own, bullets somehow avoiding the shouldbe bullet magnets of the two NOAHs.

As FOX opened his mouth to suggest not sticking out like a group of exposed whack-a-moles, a familiar voice spoke from behind. Rubel, wounded but still alive, revealed himself between the carnage of the ongoing combat. "Christ. It's a goddamn family reunion." FOX teased between the tense and emotional exchange given by the girls. While it was a relief to see Rubel alive, the fight was far from over.

"You keep safe too, Fox. Keep those damn CLERICs offa' our ass; you won't be running out of ammunition anytime soon..."

Jonathan shot Tia a terse nod, "Don't have to tell me twice," he remarked as he pulled the trigger on his rifle, holding the weapon down against a half-destroyed table as the recoil bit into his shoulder. "Go. I'll be fine. Promise." The RONIN assured them as the three all hopped aboard the Mixuki clown car. As Tia, María and Rubel went to assist the rest of the team, Jonathan knew better than to stay in one spot. Grabbing a few of the weapons that Tia had graciously gifted him, he made his way to a better shooting position near the entrance of the cathedral.

"Shit. I probably should have gotten those heels back from the new girl." FOX mumbled to himself as he not-so-gracefully slid behind a nearby counter for cover. "Damn, Naomi's going to kill me." He found himself rolling his eyes as he pushed a fresh, fully loaded magazine into his MK18. Without much else to do, he raised to his knees, bracing the bottom of his rifle against the counter top. From his new position, he began to sling rounds downrange, knocking down any Clerics that tried to shoot at the girls and Rubel. Though he could see Naomi fighting what appeared to be a large creature made of metal, he knew that it was probably best to let the big kids play - after all, there was no way his measly rifle could even make a dent in such a monster.

Focusing on nothing but his weapon's sights and the recoil of his weapon, he suddenly realized that he had no idea what the plan actually was. For all he knew, Rubel, Tia and María were about to get everybody killed in the most violent way possible. "Ya'll are going to get me killed." (As if this roleplay wasn't dead already.) FOX thought to himself as he plugged a round into another CLERIC that he noticed was about to shoot at Naomi.

As he continued to discharge his weapon, Jonathan quickly found himself tunnel visioning on his weapon sights, not noticing several figures approaching from his flank until the last moment. Without thinking, the RONIN stood from his position, turning his rifle to the new threat as his finger prepared to put a round into his target's head. As he turned, he realized that his target had white hair, donning the weapons of a PALADIN. "Drop it." FOX ordered, ready to squeeze the trigger when he realized who he was pointing the weapon at.

"Wait... Juni?" FOX moved his finger away from the trigger as he noticed Crusader move into his peripheral vision as well. "What the fuck is going on here?" While FOX would have loved to have an answer to that question, it was clearly something that would take a seasons worth of anime to explain long time to explain. In the end, FOX figured Juniper's unexplained transformation into FEARLESS' supernatural enemy was rather normal when one considered all of the day's events so far.

Before too many pleasantries could be exchanged, the wave of energy being released from the violent exchange of powers knocked FOX from his feet, sending the RONIN crashing violently into the counter he was previously hiding behind. Without a helmet, FOX found his world suddenly descend into the black abyss, his rifle strewn over his unconscious form.

ivnHxiI.png

"Such burning vindication, such livid passion! Oh, it is truly wonderful! Magnificent, even!" KING laughed as he once again narrowly evaded Naomi's onslaught with little effort. Though KING found himself enjoying his three way ballet with Naomi and Arata, it was time to bring the performance to an end. After all, KING knew exactly what was happening. This was all just a distraction so that his sister could usurp his rule. Once he was done with these impotent terrorists, he would then be able to turn his attention to the real mastermind behind this plan.

Before he could say anything else, KING's speech was cut drastically short by the beckon of another combatant, one that had previously not been worth his immediate attention.

"N-N-NOW!! STRAIGHT AHEAD, MmM-m-MARÍA! ER-rr-ASE TIME!"

KING suddenly felt a strange myriad of feelings, as if his mind was traversing backwards and then forwards in time. Images of Naomi and Arata lashing towards him, only for him to pull away confidently repeated in his mind for several moments. It was then he realized what was happening, a blue streak of energy lashing out towards him. He had been distracted, not realizing that the true threat were the actors behind the scenes.

"NO!" The surprised KING exclaimed, the sea of flames hastily rushing forth to protect their master. "How dare you!" He screeched as the flames clashed against the energy which charged towards him. While KING was perhaps among the strongest of elegance users, his powers faltered against the creative use of electricity. The energy quickly made its way through KING's defenses, striking him with an unavoidable, powerful jolt of electricity.

Screaming out in pain, KING could do nothing but stand in place as several thousand volts of electricity struck his body. While more than enough volts to vaporize any normal human being, KING found himself on his knees, the energy trapped in his body frying himself on the inside. Among many more blood curling screams, the King of Valhalla collapsed backwards against the ground. "You, fools..." KING gasped with what little strength remained in the Praetorian.

Reactions: Astros and Jakers
c1ivlJN.jpg
In the recent turn of events, Crusader was left confused at best. A new man had appeared to save his life, only to tell him to turn around and go help his friends. Perhaps confusion was what best suited Crusader at this point. The man couldn't tell where he was, or remember. His hands shaking as he coped with the fact he should have been dead. His fingers fumbled with the gas cap atop his chainsword. Unscrewing it as he continued to walk mindlessly away from the scene. Perhaps more shell shocked, than a warrior should have been at that moment. His eyes crossed the nearly empty inside of the tank, before he dropped the sword to the ground. Leaving the extra weight behind.

And yet, something in his heart screamed at him. Yelled at his cowardice at that moment. His state of confusion so out of character, his body couldn't handle it. The man reached up, and clicked his helmets oxygen on. Knowing he would need it once more. And with that, his hands drew out his prized pistol, and a long knife. Tossing the blade up to get used to its much lighter weight in his sword hand, the man grinned under his helmet. Desperation, anger, and rage truly are promising traits in situations that seem unable to be won.

Besides, Juniper's voice telling him to go inside, inside the burning church was enough to wake him back up. Once more, Alexander was focused. Though severely stripped of weapons, he dropped his empty rifle, along with removing a few ammo pouches from his body as he ran toward the cathedral. His hands actually slipping away his pistol and knife. Instead to pull the shotgun off his back, the magazine fed Saiga 12 a seemingly good choice for the situation at hand. With more stable hands he racked back the heavy bolt, loading the first shell of weapon in.

Bursting into the cathedral, the crusader was more than happy to fight his way with Juniper up to Fox. It wasn't too much trouble, though chaotic as all hell. Granted, he wasn't given a chance to say anything, before being knocked down clear onto his face. Thankfully with a helmet on, it didn't seem to bother him too much, as he just pushed his heavily armored frame up. Seeing his commander knocked out on the floor, Crusader shook his head a bit at the man.

Without a second thought, he put his shotgun back into the sheath on his back, and drew out his pistol. With both arms, Alex picked up Jonathan, and threw him over his shoulder. "Go on Juni, clear me a path. Okay? I'll carry Fox." Though as the man spoke, he set Fox back on the ground. For a few moments. Crusader tugged his helmet off, it was still connected to his body by a long set of wires, and tubing. Mostly what helped keep the oxygen, and electrical systems functioning. The fighter leaned in close to fox, and put the helmet on the man, pressing a few buttons to get the oxygen working again. It wouldn't be a perfect seal, and perhaps wouldn't help as much, as it would for a fully armored soldier. However, Alexander could assume, after how much smoke Fox had been breathing in, just keeping his lungs semi-free of it for a few minutes would help him.

With that sorted out, now Alexander could carry Fox on his shoulder with a sense of peace. However the smoke in the air was already enough to upset his own lungs. Crusader carried on however, his eyes already starting to burn, and his breaths needing to be a bit shorter, and more infrequent to avoid inhaling too much. His pistol was raised in front of him as he carried Fox, heading toward the door. Though he did stop, seeing the two NOAH who had come along with Fox. One of them clearly not concious, and severely hurt. "Looks like you get to fight twice as hard now Juniper. I gotta carry two people now." Alexander remarked, as he tried to run over. However in his heavy armor it was more like a partial jog. Thudding heavily along the floor. He came upon the full scene.

It wasn't easy to comprehend, however he did see King gasping, and crying out on the ground. A sight that brought a partial smile to Crusader's lips. "Look at that. The King is slain. Pitiful aren't you? Defeated by a couple of kids, and a bartender?" He asked, as he stooped down onto one knee, next to Tia. It was something of a struggle to put her over his other shoulder. Though he was just angry enough to fight past any real limit his body wanted to try and put on himself. Standing up, his legs were shaky for a moment, until he stabilized, and adjusted the way he was holding the two on his shoulders.

Crusader wasn't anything like Sarge when it came to size or build. However he was still strong from years of constant, brutal close combat. "Burn in your little church. Die like those around, and know. You were slain by your own creations. I hope you meet your friends on the other side."

vNP7pYP.png

In the fall, Naomi had fallen a short distance away from King and the shell that she'd been punching through, leaving behind a crater where her body had impacted the floor of the cathedral. Her vision had faded in and out as her body, durable as it was worked to endure the trauma, the cells regenerating as adrenaline was pumped through muscle tissue which surrounded her metal skeleton. She could hear voices among the crackle of flames and crumbling debris, a crackle of electricity and a flash of light causing her to close her eyes and shake her head before she sat up and forward.

Her expression conveyed her anger as her eyes opened to reveal the vibrant red irises that visually indicated the activation of her elegance, pulling herself out of the crater as dust and rubble fell from her body, now covered in marble dust after the impact. Her skin bore red marks, wounds and lacerations which were starting to actively heal as she recomposed and refocused on what was going on. King was close by, but her mind quickly worked and understood the situation, or at least in part as she saw him gasp and writhe in agony on the ground from what she guessed was the crackle of electricity.

The foot steps of a Titan would be the only telling sound of her arrival as she stepped out from behind the fallen columns and larger chunks of debris, heavy thuds against the marble picking up pace as she strode towards the fallen King. She would attempt to pick him up from the ground by his neck, her grip crushing in on his wind pipe, "How magnificent... " she growled at him in anger, echoing his previous words. Her once beautiful dress was torn and shredded in placed, barely holding to her petite frame as it blew gently in the small thrust of wind that stroked through the cathedral, pulling the flames along with it.

Those who knew Naomi or worked with her long enough could tell she was dangerously close to hitting the level of enrage which was difficult for her to come back from, when she became a threat to more than just the enemy. Her elegance had been active throughout the lengthy engagement and far longer than what was recommended, which had only happened once before which lead to the deaths of a Fearless task group that'd tried to calm her down, first verbally and then with physical force. She'd smashed them to pieces in blind anger, surfacing a new name for her elegance when it would become more volatile. They called it Fury.

The dark haired Titan had envisioned moments like this, fantasized about the things she would do to the ones responsible for her suffering, how she'd make them live the pain as she did, feel the nightmares that kept her up at night. It was something she wanted to relish in, to enjoy for every moment she could. Her red eyes shifted momentarily to her wrists, the silver shackle supports that fused to her body indicating that her gauntlets were still out of action. It was a pity, she'd hoped to use them to smash the fallen King, to shatter his body in the same way her's had been during the experiments.

If Naomi's grab had worked in keeping the King's body raised from the ground before her, she'd throw him to the ground hard, pinning him to the floor by his neck before she would sink to one knee while over him. She'd draw her fist back before slamming it down against his head, the result of which would shake the ground beneath them. She'd do it again and again and again, each strike causing her fist to be painted with more crimson which spattered across her as she continued to deform his face and head shape. Before delivering the final blow, her fist would pull back again, a small whirring sound of something powering up as the fist suddenly transformed, becoming encased in an armored shell as the giant mechanical fist clenched above her.

"Pathetic"

The fist would come down onto his head with such force that the ground would splinter beneath them, a shockwave discharge erupting causing the building to dangerously quiver as King's body was reduced to a bloodied visceral mess. Titan would stand above the remains, her eyes would remain red and her fists armed.

64dGx3a.jpg
Slamming back into the dirt of the cellar after launching Titan skywards, Lionheart could only watch as lightning arc from the earth to the sky, striking the monarch and keeping him there, transfixed by electrical power. A smoking body fell, and every instinct within his body told him to get up, to finish it. But he had betrayed the oath he made to the Weapon of Massacre too much, too quickly. With no regard to the hunger of the life-taking blade, he had played a completely supportive role throughout the entire fight and now…

They won.

…he paid his price.

Lionheart rose, even as his body rebelled against him, taking staggering steps. His lungs retched, and he coughed violently, black wads splattering out onto the scorched ground. Behind him, the great cross of the Flame Wreathed Eradicator dissolved, leaving naught but a deep crater and a burning vacuum. Hot winds blustered through the burning cellar, and his inkstone eyes teared at the conditions. They had won, but…

One step, an abnormal tenacity.

Titan approached the fallen King, body tense with murderous intent.

Two steps, an aberrant desperation.

Titan prepared her coup de grace, wrapped in maddening fury.

Three steps, an abject despair.

Arata fell, knees scraping against the ground as he lost his grip on Regana-Hier. She was going to do it. She was going to kill the first of six Praetorians. She was going to take the last 'identity' that FEARLESS acknowledged. He should have been there, but it was her. One hand reached out, clawing against the ground, but before Arata's eyes, the digits of his fingers bent and creaked, distorting into strange positions. His muscles tautened and loosened, the hand that wasn't his own reaching for his throat, only to be stopped by his left.

Ah, so a part of his body wasn't his own now.

The NOAH had remembered, before, in the past. Recalled the reverence and fear that others saw within him. A dangerous NOAH who had killed countless children under the orders of the Eccelesians. A one man army, capable of mowing down a well-armed battalion of CLERICs, including whatever armored vehicle they brought along. FEARLESS's ace in the hole, the one they dropped onto any mission of high importance. An unrivaled killing machine, the most unstable and most powerful NOAH that the rebels had.

It was double-edged praise, but at the very least, it was his.

And now…

A PALADIN caught his unblockable blade.

A PRAETORIAN negated every one of his attacks.

He was worthless. Nothing but a side note to be discarded, a life expended like a bullet. No one remembered the process, only the results.

Never again. If this was what he lost, never again. He couldn't afford this agony anymore, couldn't give himself away anymore, couldn't betray them anymore. Faces from the past reared their head up, reminding him of everything he had continued to lose, everything that he still stood to lose if he couldn't make himself matter. Embers fell on him, burning holes into the suit he had wore, but Arata didn't even register it.

The hand that wasn't his own continued to rotate, gesticulate, stretching, cracking, bending, clenching, a flurry of nonsensical actions.

The corruption continued to spread, black stains eating away at pale flesh, until they even invaded the whites of his sclera.

The memories continued to play, looped for an eternity, a carousel of all his failures and inadequacies.

A formless question invaded his mind, soaked in blood and ever-hungering.

A formless response emerged from his mind, exhausted and hopeless.

Red rings seared into his irises, a burning firebrand to mark an oathbreaker, before Arata fell into the abyss, alone, unknown.

3wYGnfp.jpg

\\ Juniper Hamilton
\\ Team II

Juniper kept up her sprint. Despite the added weight of her sword, shield, and armor, she matched the speed of her run to save Valkyrie. She might have been too late in the end to save the NOAH, but she would be damned if she was not going to make it in time to assist her dying allies within the towering inferno of the burning palace. Glancing behind her, she acknowledged Crusader keeping up the pace, although it seemed like he had cast aside much of his equipment either because they had become damaged or in favor of speed.

Clearing the entrance, she led the duo of reinforcements inside the chaos of the fire. Soon enough, she came upon familiar faces, still alive. Suddenly seeing the battered Fox glance over and rise, Juniper instinctively raised her shield; the now white-haired girl was acutely aware that she looked none other than like the PALADIN enemies that the Fearless had fought and been destroyed by time and time again. Seeing that Fox wasn't going to shoot in the end, she too lowered her shield as she approached.

"Long bloody story. What's the situ…ation…"

Feeling the air pressure suddenly change, she planted her two feet down firmly, recognizing the onrush of supernatural energy from the fight still continuing over yonder. Still, she was knocked aside, barely remaining upright as she stumbled backwards from the blast, the weight of her shield nearly tipping her back like a top-heavy car.

Quickly recovering, she looked for the allies previously just around her. She nodded at Crusader as he picked himself off the ground, but clicked her tongue as she observed Fox sprawled on the ground nearby, knocked out cold. Making a grimace, she gestured in thanks as the helmeted man moved to recover the fallen soldier.

"Don't need to say it. We need to clean this up fast." Swinging her sword back into position, she pressed on ahead to relieve the seemingly beleaguered team.

Along with Crusader, she came upon a scene that she hadn't expected. While she wasn't a doctor, she could see many of the NOAH in action leaned more towards the operational status of 'out of action.'

Tia looked burnt to a crisp, Arata was out cold, and Naomi still seemed to be fighting, but she looked just a bit crazed. Juniper dearly hoped she wasn't in the same state as Valkyrie back outside.

But as her eyes homed in on the figure, or what remained of the figure lying shattered on the ground, her breath paused. The KING was dead.

They committed regicide. The mission… it was a success.

Juniper let the tip of her sword graze against the ground.

But why did it not feel like a victory?

gmTFu7C.png

----
1 0 0 0
H O U R S
----

Yul5rZ6.png

Jonathan's eyes slowly drew open, blurred images of destruction and the dead filling his vision. In the corners of the cathedral were fading embers, once belonging to a great flame that had been snuffed out with the death of their overlord... their KING. Was he dead? Unfortunately, every time FOX would wake up, this would certainly be a possibility. Even more unfortunate, he would always find that he was in fact, very much alive.

Several moments later and the young man realized he was being carried by a familiar, burly figure. "Oh, my hero." FOX teased as his eyes fought to regain clarity. While CRUSADER was still carrying him in the cathedral, he wasn't exactly sure just how much time had passed since he had lost consciousness. Looking around, it seemed that FOX didn't miss anything important - apart from the fact that the KING was now DEAD.

With a sigh of relief, the Ronin squirmed his way out of CRUSADER's grip, not noticing the streak of blood that creased the side of his face. "Is... Is everyone okay?" FOX asked as his eyes scanned the immediate area for casualties. While it seemed like most of the team was still intact, two familiar figures lay across the destroyed battlefield. "T-Tia! Aresia!" FOX called out before making his way to his comrades. Making his way to Aresia first, he placed his hand against the dark haired NOAH's neck, hoping for a sign of life.

His hope quickly devolved into uncontrollable despair as it became clear that the NOAH was deceased, most likely killed in the crossfire amidst the battle that had just taken place. "Fuck... Fuck!" FOX growled as he slammed his fist against the ground. Yet another casualty from this goddamn war, just how many more had to die before they could finally be free?

Oh, if he only knew.

As soon as he had confirmed Aresia's death, the Ronin turned his attention towards Tia. The beloved blonde NOAH lay at the center of the battlefield, though upon closer inspection, FOX realized that one body was in fact two. Just how many of them had fallen? "No, no!" FOX hastily made his way between Tia and Maria, both of which were laying unconscious and most likely needed medical attention. "S-Somebody help!" FOX called out, turning towards Juniper and Crusader before averting his gaze back to Naomi and Arata. The Ronin then turned his attention back towards Tia and Maria, not realizing that Brother was still missing as well.

"Don't die on me, you idiots!"

Seeing his comrades... his friends turned into casualties brought back terrible memories to the Ronin. It would not be the first time he would lose so many people so close to him and it would not be the last. As he sat between Tia and Maria, he asked himself the same question he always asked himself in such a situation. Why them and not me? Why must I always survive?

FOX fought back the tears in his eyes as he reached into his tattered suit for his radio. Unsure if Tia and Maria would survive, he thought it would be best to get into contact with command. Maybe they could send out medical assistance if they knew the battle was over, or so Jonathan thought. Pulling the device from his pocket, he held the communications object to his lips before depressing the button on the side.

"This is FOXTROT. M-mission accomplished. King and Reaper have been eliminated."

Little did he know, nobody on the other side was listening.

c1ivlJN.jpg
Crusader laid his free hand on Foxtrot's shoulder, still holding onto Tia's body, not sure if she was alive or dead. "Hey, John. Let's get going, alright?" He asked with a sigh, as he let his hand go back to the handgun on his hip. Pulling out the well aged Glock, he press the slide against an armor plate on his leg, checking to make sure a round was chamber. Surely a dangerous move, but perhaps the safest overall, considering he may still need to shoot. "Tia seems to be among the few breathing, but she's burnt up bad. I'm not sure she'll make it. And you're pretty beat up too John. We gotta go now, or else we're going to end up dead under a pile of flaming rubble. Or shot dead in the courtyard."

As Alexander made his point, the male began to walk toward the door they had come in from. Pointing his pistol forward, always comfortable with a one handed grip, due to his years of dual wielding. "I'll take point, so our FEARLESS commander, can actually get shot second, possibly third instead of me." The man gave a soft chuckle to himself, at his own little joke. Before stepping out of the building, pistol in hand. Though stepping out into the courtyard once more, he saw nothing, but the smoke filled air surrounding the building. Yet the whole scene didn't surprise him, if he knew anything about nobles, and leaders. They would be happy to have two of their own dead, allowing their own power to increase significantly.

And so began Crusader's journey to get out of this mess. One step at a time, trying to remain on high alert with each movement. Always scanning for something, anything to fight. Yet he kept his pace slow, slower than normal as he waited for everyone else to catch up. Surely he wanted to make sure that everyone left the burning cathedral...however on the same token, he didn't plan to be the last one out. This entire world seemed more like a hellscape, than reality to his eyes.

Nothing. Nothing but blackness.

...And yet, as if she were floating in some sort of nonexistent world, here she was. Able to think, but not able to breathe or move a body that wasn't there. 'She' couldn't even remember who she was. All she could remember was that... she was waiting for someone. She was depending on someone.

Alone in the darkness, she waited to hear that 'someone's voice. She waited for him, atop the familiar roar of his motorcycle, to pick her up and drive her away. To take her home. To hold her hand again. He'd always been there for her whenever she was alone... but...

Why wasn't he coming?

Why did she have to sit through this blackness, scared and alone?

Time seemed to barely be moving as the world around her seemed to slowly get brighter and brighter. Slowly, memories began to play back, and she began to remember - one fact at a time - who she was. She remembered the faces of her friends... how they'd got into this mess in the first place. She remembered that silly, three-letter nickname that had been appointed to her. All those silly moments in FEARLESS headquarters, all of those sessions of bonding she had. It all felt like some sort of warm lucid dream.

Tia, though she had no body, smiled to herself, and came to terms with the fact that she'd died for FEARLESS. Just how she'd wanted to. Just how it was meant to be.

But, suddenly, as the world reached the apex of its brightness, Tia realized something, mind flaring up in sudden horror. She wasn't 'ascending' anywhere; she wasn't going into any sort of 'Afterlife'. ...She was waking up.

No... no! She didn't want to wake up! Why couldn't she stay here, with her good memories? Why did she have to go back into the 'real world' once more?! Wasn't she 'done'? Hadn't she served her 'purpose'? What more did she have to endure?

With one, sharp, gasping breath, pain wired around her body as she, against her will, began to awaken in the real world once more.
~ ~ ~

GVTuY41.jpg

Breathing ragged. Patches of burnt flesh. Tangled hair, once done up pretty, hanging in clumped blonde strands at her side. Her dirtied, sweating body had only been protected by a ripped, burnt lime dress that now was ruined beyond recognition. The NOAH, body now slung over one shoulder, looked nothing like the girl that'd had initially gone through those manor doors.

The adrenaline wasn't there anymore. The reassurance of fighting alongside comrades - atop her beloved Mixuki - wasn't there anymore, and now, she couldn't even move her body. There was nothing but pain left in her. Nothing but pain. Eventually, the feeling of movement and being carried awoke her, but she was barely awake. If anything, she wished she'd just black out again.

She didn't know exactly what she'd done with her ELEGANCE, but her body had greatly suffered from making the blue bolt of energy seemingly rise from nowhere. It felt like all of her muscles locked in place; every tiny, helpless movement she attempted to make only resulted in a burst of shocking pain that only added to the pile.

...Where was she even going...? Was she moving...? A mixture between a splutter, a groan of pain, and a cough erupted out of Tia's mouth as she realized she was being carried by someone.

At first, she thought she was being captured, but as she drearily watched armoured legs that weren't hers pace down below, she could recognize the familiar design of Crusader's armour. Giving a low, rough groan as she put all her energy into lifting up her head a few centimeters, the sounds around her were drowned-out and distant, and she couldn't make out any words. Her vision - which only came from one of her eyes - was blurry; wobbly, as if she was looking at the whole world through a bright, watery veil from her perspective. When she couldn't make out the form of any of the people she'd gone into the church with, her body twitched slightly from the back of Crusader, and her pain-laced breathing intensified in panic.

Looking around in sheer confusion, a delirious eye widened in horror as she made out something surrounded by red in the distance. Something that wasn't the body of a CLERIC, or an invited desk. The body of a short, familiar fellow NOAH she'd been one of the few 'friends' of:

Aresia.

Her mouth suddenly letting out a distorted scream of horror at the sight of Aresia's corpse, even in her weakened state, Tia's body noticeably wiggled atop Crusader's shoulder, her breathing escalating to the point of hyperventilation. No...! How?! How was she dead, and yet, Tia was still here and alive? Seeing the NOAH's corpse, and realizing she was one of the few being carried, she began to think in pure dread: what about the others?

The others couldn't be dead. At first, she refused to believe it. Why had they carried her first; why weren't they going back for the others? Gritting her teeth as her half-opened eyes suddenly flashed fully open, she tried to get the attention of someone. Even with all her strength, all she was able to do was lift her head up slightly, her diaphragm wobbling as she tried to call out for someone to go and rescue the others.
"Mmuu... murraaaa..." As her mouth tried to form words, nothing came out but a collection of slurred, unrecognizable sounds that were too quiet to hear amidst the roaring flames. Hopeless. "Ss--ssaa... s-a... th.... a-ooth..."

Her body going limp and her head hanging back down across the RONIN's shoulder, the broken NOAH was still breathing, but had given up trying to talk and fight against her body's protests. The burning that ripped into her side like white-hot daggers. The paralyzing spikes that seemed to jab into her body from every angle. The horrible sensation like a whole hand was grasped against her heart - squeezing it - trying to stop it from flimsily beating once and for all.

But none of that hurt nearly as much as the irreparable, numbing feeling of loss. That feeling that bore into her stomach, not knowing if she was ever going to see some of her closest friends again. Not knowing if they were alive. Not knowing even if she - she, the worst of them all - was one of the few who'd managed an undeserved survival.

The memories of watching her own friends get tortured, their screams many years ago, flashed back in her mind. That memory was usually pushed away by her positive thoughts, but as Tia's face scrunched up in anguish, something she thought would never happen had happened: No positive thoughts were there anymore.

All she could do was hate herself, because now, she finally understood. Wherever she went, all she did was bring ruin. She never was meant to survive. She was little more than a discarded failure of a NOAH. She should've just lead the others to safety, rather than trying to intervene in a situation Naomi and Arata already had under control. Her stupidity had probably cost them their lives, and just like that, she'd broken her promise.

[glow=red]Everything would've turned out better if that bullet killed her there and then from the start.[/glow]

Tears dripping down onto ash-stained concrete, Tia didn't even have the strength to cry properly. All she could do was silently weep, barely more than a corpse, whilst in her mind she looked up into the blazing, empty sky and howled with unquantifiable suffering.

Closing her eyes, the NOAH waited for it to be over.

For it all to be over.

And, for the sake of what friends she had that remained, she hoped she'd black out, and never awaken again.

Erja Liikanen - Team 2
jnTmPYw.jpg

As chaos erupted and the building engulfed it's self in the flames, Erja silently watches the situation from concealment, flooded with flashbacks of the past. With a mute face of rage, tears stream down her face. Tia's burn markers were of little consolidation and while they may have killed the two targets, nothing about this seemed like a victory, more of their own had died as well. And communication from command was mysteriously absent.

Having witnessed the power first hand there was nothing a normal soldier could do for this war. And had they done more than awaken a sleeping giant? All around her were the dead and dying, for what? Yet another defeat, yet another battle she couldn't fight? Biting her lip it was cowardly, but this was just stupid. She wasn't in it for their cause, just for her own vendetta. And now that she seen foes that only brought back the worst of her memories and fears, with no way she could fight back..

The will to fight was gone.

"Sorry Tia.. Sorry my dead family..I.. Just can't anymore..with a rifle in hand did I see gods.. Gods that can be killed, but not by the likes of me.. Of things that don't belong in this world.."

Listening to Tia's cry's and whailing, Erja takes aim with her rifle, it was a scream she knew all too well. One who was burned horribly and desired to be released from life, a mercy killing was all she could do for the girl now.. taking a breath and loading a round into the anti-material rifle, she grits her teeth, shakes setting in.

Don't Think and pull the goddamn trigger!

An inner voice commands her and so she does.

BOOM

Missing wide. Kicking up dust a few meters from the girl, trying again it misses as well, resolving to empty the rest of the magazine into the sky, she falls to her knee's to scream.

"GODDAMNIT!" She couldn't do it.. But she could at least do a little something for the girl, provided anyone could find it.. So a small risk would need to be taken, with her smaller rifle in hand, she much like the White Death well before her, would be out of commission just when her allies needed her the most, doomed to vanish into obscurity and a quiet life of little impact, while his was as part of his face was missing, hers was due to a total crushing defeat.

Taking note of Juniper, Erja keeps her rifle at the ready, aiming down it's scope towards her, finger off the trigger however.

"I'm..retiring..I-I can't do this anymore... You seen it...what good can I do here..I couldn't even..make her pain stop.. Do me a favor. I died here today. I'm going to vanish, back to the farms..just live a quiet life.." Looking towards Tia, Erja removes her face mask, stabbing the AT-rifle into the ground barrel first, putting her cloak over it. Laying the mask on the ground, she motions towards her. "Facial burns...are a haunting thing..if she'll take it, it's hers... I..I'm sorry."

Backing away from Juniper, as she places her left hand back under the rifle,the Sniper keeps her aim, backing away until she was among the rubble and then behind. This would be the last the Team would see of the White Death, for her the war was over and she would do her best to avoid it totally.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jakers and Astros
vNP7pYP.png

3wYGnfp.jpg

Everything started to transition into a blur as the periphery of her vision fell away into a red mist, her vision tunneling like a photograph had been edited with a bloody vignetting which had been pasted across her sight. Her huge fists hung at her sides, dripping with the blood of a King as she breathed heavily, wounds rapidly regenerating leaving only the stain of blood marking her flesh and torn dress. Words faded into a distant bleat as words called to her, unable to reach the mind consumed within the elegance that'd long since transitioned from enrage to unyielding fury. The blood red eyes of the Titan raised from her kill to rest upon the white haired girl wielding a tower shield and buster sword, triggering her neural enhancement in an instant.

----Calculating possible threat----

----Data recovered from Archive----

----Calculating: 100%----

----Threat confirmed----

----Target: Paladin---

----Threat level: Lethal---

----Solution: Destroy---

The calculation process took a mere moment to process before Titan engaged, her eyes giving a momentary flicker between red and the usual teal color before she strode forward over the King's bloodied corpse, raising her fist as she did a quick step forwards before slamming one of her giant armored fists directly for Juniper's head.

The long tip of Juniper's sword still dragged on the soiled ground of the palace floor as her attention was called elsewhere, the former Paladin alerted by a now conscious Fox's call for aid. With the all but over, she was about to dematerialize the armor and weapons one last time.

But as she was about to do so, the silver-haired girl caught something on the corner of her eye. An enraged Naomi, fallen into the bloodthirsty stupor that Juniper had so feared, much like Valkyrie. Unable to step away in time, she spun around to catch her oversized fists, she planting her dominant foot behind her and raising her large tower shield above her head to block.

The huge mechanical fist hit the shield with a loud thundering bang, a small flash igniting in the thin space between the fist and shield as a shockwave reverberated for a moment. The ground under Junipers feet cracked and splintered more than it already had been from the previous fight, Naomi's fist pushing down on the shield in an attempt to force the former Paladin down to her knees in order to seize the height advantage, of course a tactic reinforced by her neural enhancement which was the culprit for her unrelenting Elegance. The red eyes of the Titan remained on Junipers, unwavering and determined to remove her from existence. To date this had only happened one other time since Naomi joined Fearless and the result had cost the resistance an entire strike team after they attempted to subdue her.

"Tch!"

Juniper grimaced as she took the full force of the blow, struggling against the sheer power of the Titan's attack. She always knew that revealing her past had its consequences, but she'd never counted on having to fight a friendly NOAH and she was regretting it dearly. Still, she kept up her resistance; the concrete behind her continued to crack as she was still pushed downward. The former Paladin had a mind to put up a word of protest, but using all the strength she had to defend herself, she didn't have a single breath to spare.

Knowing that she wouldn't be able to face the full brunt of the attack without injury for long, she slowly shifted her body weight, deflecting her shield off to the side and intending to jump back as soon as she could.

The deflection worked as intended, the balled knuckles of the fist sliding across the shield and momentarily forcing Naomi off balance as the fist followed through and hit the floor with a dull 'thump' as the ground vibrated slightly. The Titan withdrew her fist and recomposed, slamming the fists together as she gave a murderous smirk before preparing to re-engage. Her vision remained tunneled, focused in on Juniper as she became her one and only target, the last obstacle of the fight to remove. Naomi's neural enhancement began to calculate ways to circumvent the shield, relaying to her strategies to either remove or overwhelm it through sheer force. The latter was more difficult, given the neutralising properties of the shield, meaning the Titan would default to the first given method, remove. Naomi would raise her fists and once again more to engage at speed, this time attempting to clamp her fists onto the shield edges ti pry it from the Paladin by force.

Successfully sidestepping the NOAH, Juniper looked about for a more advantageous position. Glancing at her allies, looking for any able to help, she appealed to Naomi's more sane sensibilities. "Naomi! It's Juniper. Stop. I'm not your enemy."

As before, she hesitated in using her sword to defend herself, merely using her shield and armor as her only means of defense. Now fully aware of her surroundings, she matches the Titan's own speed with her own augmented ability, narrowly dodging Naomi's attempt to latch onto her primary means of protection. Immediately she follows up with her own tactic, pushing forward from the side to shield bash the NOAH in an effort to incapacitate her and put her out of the fight.

The words caused her eyes to flicker between the calm and aggressive colours for a moment before her eyes narrowed, the neural enhancement concluding that it was an attempt to fool her into dropping her guard. The shieldbash caused Naomi to sweep her foot backwards as it clashed against her fists and a portion of her arm, but even with Junipers armor Naomi was heavier and stood firm against the hit. The Titan growled, "You'll have to do better than that bitch!" she replied angrily before she stepped back herself, quickly heaving up a large piece of a debris before launching it hard at Juniper, aiming to follow it up with another hard combo of blows, this time a solid jab followed by a strong hook.

The former paladin clicked her tongue, her single offensive action so far not as successful as she'd hoped it to be. Taking minor offense to the unexpected profanities, she too stepped back, eyeballing Naomi's arm as she lifted a large piece of concrete wall towards her. She swiped with her sword in response, splitting the debris in half and letting it fall harmlessly around her. This time, she defended with both sword and shield, trading the jab with the edge of her sword, and the hook with her shield. Responding in kind, she swept her leg forward, hoping to catch the Titan off-guard and put her onto the ground. Breathing through her teeth, but still remaining calm, she tried to appeal to her again. "Dammit Naomi, the battle is over."

The foot struck her leg, which surprisingly carried enough power to actually weaken the Titan's stance, dropping her down onto one knee with a loud 'thud' as the marble made crumbling sounds beneath her. Perhaps it was Naomi's exhausted body and mind, but the strength required to put Naomi onto one knee spoke of just how strong Juniper was. Naomi exhaled a deep breath as the words once again fell on deaf ears as the neural enhancement pushed her onwards, pushing her into the red where it was becoming dangerous for Naomi to remain in this state, her body risking damaging itself through the strain from overextending on her Elegance. "You think... I would let.... a Paladin beat me!" she said between breaths. She pushed from her back leg, lifting herself forward at speed before grabbing Juniper by the neck, lifting her from the ground. Her red eyes stared angrily into hers, the mechanical fist threatening to tighten and crush her neck at any given moment if not for the armored collar that made for some resistance between the crushing force of the fist and her windpipe.

Caught off-guard by Naomi's sudden renewal of energy, Juniper was caught by her metallic fist, lifted straight off the ground by her grip on her armor. It was a precarious situation, but at the same time, the ex-paladin could still swing her sword to lop off arm and save herself. But she didn't want to, not if she could. Recalling her past interactions with the NOAH, she tried one last effort to bring Naomi to her senses. "Hey. You're going at this wrong. We're allies; remember, I said I'd try to find you a bottle of that Sovereign Poison that you've been searching for…"

Her other fist withdrew, preparing to intercept the inevitable sword swing from the Paladin as she'd attempt to free herself, or perhaps bat away the sheildbash attempt which never came. "This is the end for you!" she growled as her first tightened, the armor almost giving way to her crushing strength before the Paladin spoke again, perhaps the only words from anyone which could make a difference in that moment. The Titan's expression almost immediately softened as her grip on Junipers neck loosened slightly, red eyes blinking a few times as the red gradually flickered back to the neon teal glow which was far more commonly seen on the girl. "Sovereign... " the muttered, her words trailing off as her eyes adjusted and the vignetting faded from her vision. "Juniper?" the Titan lowered the Paladin to the ground, seeming confused.

The large fists deactivated as the powered off, leaving only her normal sized hands in their place, stained red from the previous battle. She raised a hand to her head and groaned, closing her eyes briefly as if she were shaking off an intense headache before refocusing, "I... did I hurt you?" she asked with genuine concern before adding, "And what happened to your hair?".

The white-haired girl took a very deep breath as her last-ditch effort seemed to be successful. Feeling the ground with her feet again, she lowered her sword, making an obvious grimace towards the girl that had nearly demolished her moments ago. Sighing, she nodded, giving a stink-eye at Crusader if he was nearby for not helping. "...Nearly. As long as you've got your bearings now."

Deeming it now safe, she cast away her sword and armor, replacing them with a cigarette as she lit it up, distracting herself from the close encounter… and all the other troubles she'd just gone through. "It's a very long story. I was a paladin in the past. Stuff like that doesn't go away."

Naomi exhaled a sigh of relief but gave a nod, "Yeah.. I think I'm good" she replied with a wince before listening as she went on to explain about being a former Paladin, prompting raised eyebrows from the Titan. "That's, wow... actually that's pretty crazy" she replied as Juniper lit up a cigarette. "For what it's worth, I'm sorry. I think I was in Elegance for far longer than I should have been... I saw the hair and... armor... and things got beyond my control" she replied, actually some what embarrassed from having attacked her. She looked around briefly before turning back to Juniper, "What do we do now? I didn't actually expect to get this far... ".

Juniper sighed again, shaking her head. "No, I knew the risk I was running when I summoned my gear. You weren't the first to attack or nearly attack me. Well, the secret's out now." She shrugged, although making eye contact with Erja in the distance, who had been slowly backing away during the entire fight. "We clean up. The others need our help."

Reactions: Jakers
gmTFu7C.png

----
1 0 0 0
H O U R S
----

JmPpvdD.png

Yul5rZ6.png

FOX's eyes turned towards Crusader as he placed his hand upon his shoulder, "We need to get her medical attention." FOX turned back to his radio, trying to hail somebody... anybody on the other end. When no response came, he quickly turned the device over, inspecting it for any visible damage. Was the radio broken, or was it that nobody listening?

FOX's attention was brought back to Crusader as he spoke to him, suggesting he take point. "Alright." He began, shooting the armored man a nod, "But only because my suit isn't bulletproof." After thinking about it, FOX never checked himself for wounds. He felt fine, but adrenaline had the habit of hiding serious injuries until later.

Before he could check himself, he heard a sudden impact from behind. Grabbing his rifle and turning, he noticed that Juniper and Naomi were slugging it out - most likely for the same reason FOX almost blasted Juniper's head off a few minutes earlier. Should I intervene? He thought to himself, before shaking his head. Probably better to let them figure it out. While FOX certainly trusted Juniper, he had always known there was something... off about her. Now that her true identity had been revealed, he wondered if he could still trust her.

As the short skirmish occurred behind him, FOX turned his attention back towards Maria, who still lay unconscious on the ground. A brief pulse check confirmed that the NOAH was still alive, though noticeable wounds placed her into a similar position to Tia. "Hey, you alright? Talk to me, Maria." FOX tried to wake the NOAH, though it seemed she was going to stay out.

When the fight between Naomi and Juniper came to a conclusion, the team leader turned to the two girls behind him. "We'll talk about this later, Juniper." The RONIN remarked as he hoisted the injured time shifter into his arms like a child. "We need to get ourselves out of here." Doing a mental roll call, he noticed that more members of his team were nowhere to be found.

As he made note of the missing, he noticed that the hired mercenary and Valkyrie were nowhere to be found. He pretended not to notice as the team's faithful sniper slipped away and fled the scene. While it hurt to see so many people missing or fleeing, FOX knew he couldn't ask anyone to stay... to give up their lives for this.

So many were dead now.

"Wait, where's Valkyrie? Don't tell me she..."

While FOX would mourn all of their deaths, he needed to know the answer to this question. Without Valkyrie, one of the team's more powerful NOAH would be absent. Unfortunately, FOX had a bad feeling that the other Praetorians weren't quite dead yet. Their mission was far from over.

yTEYct7.png

FRZTzJA.png

"Wait, where's Valkyrie? Don't tell me she..."

"She's fine." An unfamiliar voice interrupted from behind. As FOX turned to face them, he was introduced to a tall stranger, clad in heavy armor and carrying a wounded Valkyrie in his arms. Immediately raising his rifle, FOX pointed the weapon at the man's head. His finger moved itself between the rifle's trigger frame, ready to pull at a moment's notice.

"You've got thirty seconds to tell me what you did to her and who the fuck you are."

"Easy, kid." Chevalier replied, unconcerned by the RONIN's threat. "She lost control of her Elegance. All I did was put her to sleep." The knight explained through a thick, foreign accent. "If you don't believe me, you're more than welcome to ask your friends."

FOX lowered his rifle, his eyes turning towards Crusader. When it seemed that the story was true, FOX flipped his rifle's safety back on. "Sorry. Can't blame me for being a little jumpy when you look like a Paladin." FOX quickly realized the irony of his statement, his head turning towards Juniper for a moment. "No offense. I think we all preferred you with dark hair."

"Alright, get the wounded and the dead. We're going to--"

FOX's soft voice was drowned out by a sudden explosion of gunfire. A cacophony of machine guns and rifle fire sent the team diving for cover, looking for any form of safety they could find. Bullets pierced through the already broken windows as the bullets ripped through the surrounding area, indiscriminately hitting anything not behind cover like a torrential rainstorm of metal.

FOX had taken the wounded Maria and slid himself behind the nearest form of cover he could find, holding her tightly against his chest as bullets littered the ground just inches from his feet. The RONIN quickly located the source of the gunfire, the shots coming from the entrance to the cathedral. It wouldn't be long until the building would surely be surrounded. "FUCK!" FOX screamed a long list of expletives as he curled up behind the nearest overturned table. The RONIN was bleeding now, most likely from shrapnel or broken glass, but he didn't care. All he could think about right now was trying to shield Maria from a stray bullet.

After the symphony of gunfire came the grenades. Nearly a dozen metal explosives hurled into the room in every direction. Before FOX could look over the table, one of the grenades fell right into Maria's lap. As if he had done this many times before, FOX grabbed the grenade out of her lap, flinging the object in a random direction away from them. Plugging his ears from the horrible sound, the grenades all erupted at once, sending shrapnel in every direction as they exploded.

FOX's hearing was shrouded by the all too familiar, ear numbing, white noise that came after a grenade. "Stay down!" FOX shouted to whoever was listening, pulling his rifle closer towards him. After the fight they just had with KING, there was no way the team could continue fighting. No, they needed to look for an escape... and quickly.

From the entrance of the cathedral, the sound of a slow applause began as a figure emerged from the entryway. "Well, well. What a lovely surprise." A familiar voice began.

"No, it can't be..." FOX muttered to himself, cursing their terrible luck. After barely defeating KING, they were now face to face with yet another Praetorian - one that was famous for his cruelty... his FURY.

"I didn't think your team could do it, but I suppose even a FOX could kill a lion with some luck." Followed by his voice came the marching of a hundred metal boots, lining up in perfect formation at the entrance to the cathedral. Peeking through a hole in the table he was hiding behind, nearly a hundred PALADINs stood, ready to kill.

"Oh fuck." FOX cursed to himself. Nearly every goddamn PALADIN in the entire city was here, along with one of the Praetorians to boot. Could this get any worse?

It could. It definitely could.

ZsKlUMd.png

ZLBrFzO.png

"Tch. This is the lamest party I've ever been to." From the backdrop came another figure, a shorter, androgynous figure with red hair. "Here I thought we were going to have some fun."

Ignoring his ally, FURY raised his voice, "Surrender, FEARLESS dogs and perhaps the Quee-" the Praetorian's voice was interrupted by a gunshot, the bullet whizzing through the air and towards the Praetorian. As the bullet came close to connecting, the scarlet-haired figure caught the bullet in their palm, a wide grin stretched across their face.

"Naughty, naughty!" The figure laughed, holding the bullet between the index and thumb of his glove.

Straightening his posture, FURY smiled, knowing that FOX wouldn't surrender so easily. "Don't say I didn't give you a chance." While it was fun while it had lasted, the fight would soon be over. FEARLESS and the KING were dead, and so began the reign of their new Queen.

"Kill them all."

Upon command, nearly a hundred paladins marched forward in close formation, the only exit to the building was cut off and it seemed like this was the end. A handful of Paladins may have been possible in their current condition, but one hundred? From his position, FOX could see members of his team preparing to fight their last fight. If this was to be the end, then they would die fighting.

As their slaughter approached step by step, a muffled yelling could be heard in the distance. "OY! ASSHOLES! You forgot about me!" In unison, the hundred strong legion of Paladins came to a halt before turning around. Standing above them on the catwalks was none other than Mcomerey "Slowpoke", surrounded by several hundred pounds of explosives. "Ya'll told me to blow this Popsicle stand up, but when I got here it looks like you gave the job to someone else. So I guess I have a little extra for you bastards."

"GET DOWN, YOU IDIOTS!" FURY screeched as everyone scattered away from Mcomerey's motherload.

In the confusion, FOX made sure his team was ready to make their escape. "Let's get the hell out of here!" FOX shouted, picking up Maria as he ran towards the back of the cathedral.

"DON'T LET THEM ESCA-" Another explosion blasted through the entryway of the cathedral, throwing Paladins across the room as black smoke filled the building once more. Making their way to the back of the cathedral, FOX screamed for Naomi and Arata.

"HOLE, NOW!" FOX shouted, waiting for either Naomi or Arata to make a hole for the team to escape through. Once the back of the cathedral was blown out, FOX carried Maria out of the building. Running for their lives, the sound of an engine roared from the edge of the team's vision.

KRjTm6l.png

wTy1GZ9.png

"GO!"

"I'M TRYING! THIS FUCKING BUS ONLY GOES SO FAST!" Jill held her foot against the gas pedal, practically pushing the pedal through the floor as the limousine roared. Explosions continued to blast holes in the cathedral as Jill brought the vehicle behind the building. There wasn't much time left, and STINGRAY wasn't sure who was even left alive.

"WAIT! STOP! That's them!"

Slamming on the brakes, Jill pulled the emergency brake up as she drifted the vehicle into the fastest u-turn possible. The tires screeched as the back of the limousine whipped around, creating a dust of burnt rubber as the vehicle finally came to a stop. As soon as the limousine wasn't moving, Gillian stook his head through the window.

"Clocks ticking! Get your asses in here!"

Noticing Paladins flooding out of the cathedral, Jill placed her rifle against the dashboard, firing the weapon and providing covering fire for the rest of the team.

Last edited:
vNP7pYP.png

Naomi gave a small smile when she noticed that FOX was ok, folding her arms casually before realizing her hands were still stained in blood, which now rubbed off onto her chest. She looked down and exhaled, "For fuck sake..." she muttered to herself as she tried to rub some of it off, forgetting that the dress was completely ruined anyway due to, well... everything that'd happened in the last hour.

She spent a moment in mild frustration as she tried to rub away the dried blood between her fingers, stopping only when she looked up to see Valk being carried in by a man she didn't recognize. She was glad to hear that the NOAH was ok, but remained wary of the person carrying her, watching as FOX checked him out. She exhaled a sigh of relief, not really wanting to get into another fight right now.

In fact her mind was set on a nice hot bath once they returned to base, although she had a suspicion there would be a different kind of fight over who gets to use the bathroom first. Naomi was so distracted in her thoughts that she replied with a simple "Huh? as FOX shouted for them all to dive into cover. Her eyes widened as a wave of bullets descended on them, looking around quickly for cover.

"There's no room!" she shouted, seeing everyone had already taken the cover spots before she was peppered with bullets, bouncing off her skin while others whizzed by, scratching her before pinging off the ground beside her. "AH! FUCKING STOP!" she shouted angrily before they eventually did stop, once again to her surprise. She rubbed her arms as if she'd just been whipped with a wet towel multiple times, scowling.

The sight of two Praetorian's caused Naomi's shoulders to drop, exhaling an almost defeated sigh. "You've got to be kidding me..." she said to no one in particular. Even with all her strength and regenerative power she was in no condition for another fight against powerful beings. As much as her body could heal, the mental exhaustion was just too much and she knew with certainty that she'd not live through a second round.

Just when things couldn't get any more weirder, an entire battalion of Paladins arrived with a kill order. Naomi took in a deep breath before raising her fists, the giant mechanical weapons manifesting over her hands as she readied for the last fight. Or at least that's what she thought was going to happen before the guy with all the explosions in the world turned up and made a boom big enough to frighten the knickers off the queens grandmother.

She raised a huge fist to cover her eyes as the explosion went off, the ringing in her ears subsiding as the orders from FOX came though. The dark haired Titan nodded before she turned and headed towards the nearest wall, stopping briefly to scoop up Arata who had been pulled into cover when the bullets fell. "Come on kid, not today" she muttered as she ran with the others towards the wall.

She turned to shield Arata with her body before she smashed a huge hole in the side of the Cathedral, the shockwaves disintegrating the debris, leaving only a plume of dust to travel over them. "Let's go!" she said, waiting for everyone to run through before she followed, making sure she was behind everyone to make sure everyone was out, and to tank any bullets that might chase after them.

Seeing the vehicle up ahead with Godfather and Stingray inside caused her to think up many questions. But right now she focused on getting out alive as she got in, taking herself over to a seat before resting Arata down with his head on her lap, her arms keeping him steady for the undoubtedly bumpy ride ahead. She didn't bother strapping herself in, her weight was more than enough to keep her from bouncing around from Jill's amazing driving.

Reactions: Valor
Status
Not open for further replies.