Eureka Academy: First Semester [RP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isamu Masami

Masami had been practicing his slow dances so that he would not work up to much of a sweat already. His ears perked up at eh familiar sound of the bulletain board's 'voice' in his mind. 'Hey, nice. I'm in.' He thought to himsel as he cleared his throat and sheathed his blades as he began making his way towards the southern gate. He walked calmly and silently, the soft grass of the little fields feeling soft and wonderful under his feet as the southern gate finally appeared in his line of vision.

Masami finally reached the gate, noticing one other student had gotten there before he did. He noticed that it was the golem he had heard the other student's mull about quite a bit. He hadn't seen it up close, but he wasn't very surprised. A lot of odd things could be seen here at the Academy, a golem didn't faze him. He neared a little, but stayed a little bit away from the two of them, not being the most social person in the world. "Good morning, Professor Ayrie." He said politely and relatively quietly to the teacher. He just gave a short nod in greeting to the golem.

--------------------

Orin Sylvari

Orin had perked his when he heard the bulletain boad speak in his mind. No matter how many times he heard it, he still hadn't gotten completely used to the idea of the thing being a sentient being. He just shook his head and grabbed his scythe, strapping it to his back as he made his way to the eastern gardens. He walked to them, the walk not being very long. He kind of sighed when he noticed that he was the last one there.

"H-Hey... I'm Orin." He said hesitantly as he got within ear shot of the other two students that had grouped there. "Marco and Ashling, right?" He asked. 'Obviously, you idiot. Did you hear any other names?' He asked himself in his mind. "Well... I'm.. uh... ready when you guys are." He said.

Nogitsune Hibiki:

Hibiki was not the first kitsune to attend Eureka nor would he be the last nor was he the only one. He had made a point to keep as far away from the others as possible, his own personal paranoia and inability for what would be considered 'normal' social interaction making it rather difficult. That hadn't stopped some of them from trying to find him though, trying to get in his good graces before he took the throne of the Augur. Hibiki didn't play favourites though and made that pointedly clear - at least it was clear to him which was all that mattered.

The professors weren't surprised that he cut class, he was more or less allowed to - they knew full well what his purpose was in his final year; so long as he actually did satisfactory work on the missions, he was exempt from classes. This time he was loitering in the arena, causually watching the golem. He wasn't really aware of much else of the machine other than what it was. He was more concerned with what it could do - in his mind, it represented the possibility of what could be thrown against him; it was well known that kitsunes were lithe and wiry and often got bulkier races to do the heavy lifting, including combat.

When the psionic message hit him, he was fully prepared for it - he had already thought that he would be selected; the ratio of Black ranks were highly disproportionate to the rest. What did surprise him was that the golem also seemed to head off in the same direction. Were it not that Hibiki was following it, he might have though he was being followed himself - a surefire way for the golem to be dismantled.

As they approached the southern gate, it became abundantly clear that the golem was on his team by his approaching the man that could only be Professor Mishra Ayrie. The professor, if he could even be called that, was one of the few that could freely traverse planes of existence, the first time of which literally blew him into this one. The way he put it, he had been just an alchemical prodigy with a successful business until a few miscalculations ripped apart his lab, his shop, his DNA, his sanity and even the fabric of reality itself. He woke up in this world with no clue where he was, how to get back, or even half an idea of who he was and basically made the best of it as he could.

Professor Ayrie was a neko. One that could float. And vanish at the drop of a hat. While he never exactly went into how all of this came to be, he assured them that he had been human at one point but that he had cast it all off, despite all of his transformations being the result of accidents. As it were, he was floating several inches off the ground, completely at ease with himself and awaiting the students who were to do his bidding. He seemed nonplussed by any of them, almost looking bored, at least until he saw Hibiki. That was when a wide grin, too wide it seemed for his face and far too toothy at that, stretched across his face and he waved frantically at Hibiki.

"Hey my little Fox-boy! We're over here!"

Completely disregarding his own invitation, he vanished and reappeared only a second later next to Hibiki, floating alongside the kitsune.

"Good to see I can count on someone," he confided in a voice that was far too loud to be even remotely secretive. "I hardly know any of them except for the other fox-boy and I've yet to see him in my classes."

At this Hibiki froze, his eyes hardening as he looked over at the other student. Now that he was paying attention, he could see that there were in fact tails on this young man. One... two... three... four... five... six... seven... Seven tails. A snarl ripped its way from Hibiki's lips and his blades were in his hands and he was charging at the Isamu kitsune. There was a clang of metal as his blades and his progress were block by the professor's own blade, a bright white that glowed with otherworldy light.

"Calm down, Hibiki," he said, all joviality gone. "I will not have you take out your own personal vendettas on or off campus so long as you are a student here. After that it's up to you but you have an Empire to lead - you cannot be bogged down in petty matters."

The nine-tailed kitsune bared his teeth, a growl rasping out past his fangs as he pushed forward, his blades igniting in white flame. The professor was pushed back slightly by the force but it was forced back as crackling black lightning sparked around his moonlit blade. With an easy swipe, he knocked Hibiki back onto his ass and stared down at the kitsune. His yellow eyes looked down at Hibiki coldly.

"The only reason I'm not detaining your ass is because I like you Hibiki. That's your only warning. Douse and sheath your blades or I will be forced to detain you."

There was a tense minute between the two before Hibiki blades fizzled and died. He stood up, sheathed his blades and dusted himself off. Prof. Ayrie smiled and sheathed his own blade before reappearing at Hibiki's side with an arm draped around the kitsune's neck.

"Now let's just forget this entire mess just happened, and we can go enjoy ourselves and our work today."

With a scowl, Hibiki walked ahead, the professor still hanging on his neck though hovering easily. As he approached the golem and the other kitsune, his lip twitched, momentarily turning back into a snarl. Prof. Ayrie shot him a warning look as he drifted to look directly at Hibiki.

"I fully expect him to still be alive by the end of this mission. If he's not, then I'm holding you responsible."

He vanished and reappeared in front of the small satchel that had been laying at his feet where he had been waiting and had thankfully not been crushed by Bobby.

"Now that we have these little pleasantries out of the way, I think we're just missing one more student."

Last edited:
Ashling had been staring at the clouds for what seemed like hours before anyone else arrived. When the next student arrived, she was shaken out of her trance by a kind voice. She stood to greet him as he spoke to her, so coolly. He even extended a hand in salutations. How proper, she though to herself.

She accepted Marco's hand shake gladly.

"That's right, I'm Ashling. Great to meet you, I'm sure we'll get along. You're actually the first person I've talked to here apart from my roommates."

Ashling looked at him from head to toe. He was young, no more than sixteen years old. He still had the glow of excitement and wonder that fades as one gets older. Yet, the way he spoke seemed so mature and confident. Nevertheless, he was a Red student, higher than Ashling herself. He must have started training at a very early age.

"So, how long have you been here?" Ashling asked, hoping for some insight.

She got the feeling that she, at twenty-two, may be the odd one out. A late bloomer. She considered why this was so. Because I never would have decided to train in battle until the situation called for it. That answer suited her, and she resolved to use it if ever someone asked why she was so old, or so inexperienced.

Marco was about to answer the girl's question when he heard another voice come from the side. He turned around and saw a white haired, red eyed young man who looked to be somewhere around the same age as the girl he was speaking to. The young man introduced himself as the last member of their group and marco gave him the same friendly smile.

"Oh, hey there Orin. Yeah, I'm marco, and this is Ashling, though she and I just met too." He motioned to the girl sitting in the grass

He examined the young man's outfit intently. The monochromatic look suited him well, not something that marco could pull off to be sure. He then, of course, noticed Orin's armband and the yellow Dominus insignia on it and smiled "Oh, you're a yellow student huh? Cool, guess that means I'll be following your orders from now, Leader."

He turned to ashling and smiled, figuring this was a good time to answer her questions. "You can tell a studet's rank and sect by the insignia they wear. Most of them wear it on their arms, though i prefer putting it around my neck," he pointed to his own insignia that was seen on the cravat-llike piece of cloth he wore. "The teachers don;t really care how you wear it as long as it's not concealed. Anyways, the order of ranks goes white, red, yellow, blue, and black, though i don't really know why things are in that order. His insignia's the same as yours, so that means that he's in the same sect, but its colour is yellow, so that means he's two ranks above you, meaning he;s been here at least two years. I'm Ultris red starting this semester, so I've been here one year."

The short explanation done, he turned back to orin. "Well, looks like this mission is pretty low-risk, so the didn't assign any teachers or professors to oversee it. Since we're all here, should we go hunt ourselves some goblins, leader?"

Soren Valstrom:

Out of all the possible reasons for Soren to be at Eureka Academy, it was the library that was closest to the top. The academy was a hotspot for all sorts of extraplanar and extraterrestrial beings and most of them had registered their knowledge with the Head Librarian who had preserved it in the strange crystals within the library. TO him, it was a wealth of information and one he looked through as often as possible. When the psionic message found him, he was curled up in one of the comfy armchairs in a corner looking at a holographic view of a planet he had known nothing about.

With a sigh, he turned off the device and laid it back on its shelf as he passed. He exited unhampered aside from the odd knowing nod the Head Librarian always seemed to give him. Out of courtesy, Soren always returned it but found himself unsettled by such actions. This would be the first time he had actually been into the elemental magic building - hemomancy wasn't exactly one of your base elements. It was a rather plain building with the lower three levels available as classrooms and the upper three with labs for a number of professors and their assistants. If he had read the mission correctly, the fourth floor was the one that had elementals runing amok and therefore rendering the upper levels unusable to most for the time being.

Climbing up the side stairs past a number of students, he felt the familiar tingle of a barrier as he passed through it - no doubt assisting in keeping the elementals contained. On the third floor, he found a smallish elven woman with long blond hair and wire-rimmed crystal glasses. SHe seemed to be looking at her clipboard and was already a state of minour dishevelment, probably just the elementals. He came up next to her with a wide smile on his face and tapped on her clipboard.

"Watcha got there Alyss?" he asked, assuming her to be the lab technician who posted the mission.

For the third time Alyss Mithrandiir nearly jumped out of her skin and this time her glasses fell from her face and skittered ont he clipboard before she snatched them up, a merp of surprise slipping from her lips at the scare.

"Just a list of the elementals that we had in storage up there," she answered when she regained her breath. "This should be the absolute maximum that are free so you can check them off as you catch them."

She gave a quick look around at the others assembled and frowned.

"Isn't there supposed to be one more?"

Soren shrugged before going over to the other young man and going to put an arm around his shoulders and pull him in close.

"So what sorta experience ya got with elementals?" he asked Grimm.

Last edited:
Standing leaned against the wall waiting. The Raptir girl looked up, brought out from her inner thoughts by another arrival.
The first thing she noticed was that he was from the same Sect as her, though this guy had been here a while longer than her. Based on the colour around the insignia.
That also reminded her. What sect was that other guy from. Curious she had her visor zoom in. Magis she noted after a brief moment. Also he had been around for a while. Looked like she would be the only new on here. Unless the missing person was a first year to. Well that should make this mission easier right?

She would have introduced her self but they seemed to know each other so for now she hanged back. There was plenty of time for talk. Unless she had missunderstood something about this mission. Hopefully she hadn't. Realising she was staring right at them she looked away. Her tail curling a bit as a sign of light embarasment.

Isamu Masami

Masami had turned around when the Professor said something about another 'fox-boy.' He looked at the other Kitsune. 'Nine tails,' He thought. 'Is he... the next ruler I heard of?' He asked himself. He was relatively curious, but his curiosity was completely melted away when he saw the anger in the other Kitsune's eyes directed at him. He instantly went rigid and his breath caught in his throat. Memories of his past still haunted him andthe image before him was warped into one of the many violent times he was beaten. Sure, it may have been years ago, but it had scarred him.

When the Kitsune drew his swords and advanced onhim, he had almost completely freaked and he backed away frantically, eyes widened in horror. He had never been more thankful towards a professor than when Professor Aryie stopped Hibiki from completely tearing him appart for some reason that Masami really had no idea of.

Masami just stepped back again when he saw the snarl directed at him. He held his hands down and clasped together, seeming to fall even quieter, if possible. His breath wasn't even audible to those with the best of hearing. His ears flattened forward as he ducked his head and looked at the ground. Yes, he was scred shitless and he wanted to leave

--------------------

Orin Sylvari

Orin seemed a little taken aback that he was so quickly appointed leader. It was then that he noticed that he was, in fact, the hightest ranked here, so the responsibility did fall on him. 'Leader?' He asked himself. 'I really hope I'm up for this.' He sighed as he took another look at Ashling and Marco for a moment before he nodded. "Yeah. I guess we had better," He said.

He moved to stand between the two of the other students and the forest. He exhaled a little before he began. "Okay, we will be going up against some giblins, most likely, a whole camp," He began, looking at the both of them. "Goblins may be weak, but they are some crafty little brats. As we go through the forest, make sure to keep your eyes peeled for any traps or trip wires they may have placed. They capture us, we'll have a hell of a lot harder time getting out, they like to horde us and can easily overthrow us if we get to far outnumbered," He said seriously. "Be careful and stick together." He said, putting emphasis on the last two words. "Keep this in mind and I'm sure we'll do just fine. When you both are ready, we can go."

It didn't take very long for the message to ring in Revers head that he was accepted to the mission. "Well Kiku, we're in." Rever spoke aloud as he strolled down the hall. "I'd better be going to the southern gate."

"Good to know, I wonder who we'll meet."

"Who I'll meet," Rever spoke sarcastically. He always picked on Kiku for not being able to talk to others without direct contact, but he meant well. It was very convenient having Kuki with him at all times, especially in combat. She gave him many heads up, after all, she was not only not restricted by human field of view, but also a much more experienced. Rever was completely unsure of exactly how old Kiku was, or even where she came from, or very much about her in general. He was well aware that she was not really a she, but in his head she sounded very similar to his younger sister. Kiku had explained it as being based on the individuals own mind, but Rever wasn't interested in such nonsense. Kiku was quite restrictive when it came to how much others knew, but it didn't seem important to Rever.

As Rever turned around, he lowered the friction at his feet and began to glide down the hall. Other students who recognized him from previous years were unaffected once they glanced at his face, but the new students or ones that didn't know of his abilities, were shocked or curious as to how he was able to freely slide across the ground. His power was new to him, he wasn't able to use it to its full potential, nor did he fully understand how friction as a force worked. Eve still, with his skills and teamwork with Kiku, Rever was not a joke in a fight. If you were against him, you recognized it, and he made sure of it. Granted, he wasn't significantly amazing, either, this being in the middle of the students at the yellow sect.

He had arrived slightly later, it seemed, as he was the third of all 4 there. Not last, that sure was an improvement from his previous habits. Among those he would be going with was a familiar face, that being of Hibiki. The two of them weren't necessarily friends, but nor were they called enemies. If anything, they were brothers in arms. He had respect for Hibiki, not only for his combat abilities, but also for his behavior. Friendly would have been far from what truly described Hibiki, but he was a complex individual. The first time the two met, Rever was debating with Kiku, which proved awkward, but Hibiki said he knew Rever wasn't crazy based on his behavior despite him not even telling him about Kiku. The other...thing in the area seemed to be a golem of some sort. He'd never seen one before, so he simply waved. "Greetings."

Nogitsune Hibiki:

There was a malevolent bent to Hibiki's eyes at the Isamu kitsune's fear and an evil grin stretched across his face. No... he couldn't kill the impertinent little bastard but he could make his life a living hell. The last of their group was a student that Hibiki knew much better than the other two though still not enough to warrant friendship or really even comraderie - they were just students who had had a few run-ins and Hibiki hadn't threatened to kill him. Instead, he understood that Rever's seeming insanity was not true insanity but the communication with another sentience - a rare but still possible thing. As Rever joined the group, Professor Ayrie clapped his hands together and smiled the same disconcerting grin as before.

"Well now, it looks like the group is all here. Excellent, excellent. From the looks of it, none of you aside from Hibiki here have been in one of my classes yet so I have no clue what any of your capabilities are though you -"

He wheeled around, pointing an accusatory finger at Bobby.

"I see you're Arma sect. That's good. And you're made of metal. That's even better. And if that faceplate of yours is any indication, you're pretty high tech and that's perfect. There's a lot of wild and crazy shit in the jungle and metalhead here will probably wind up taking most of the hits. But keep him in good working order because I'm betting you can use that high-tech brainpan to observe items and analyze quantities, am I right?"

He looked back at the rest of them with a frown.

"Cause if I'm not then that means the rest of you get to spend time making sure I have at least the minimum amount of reagents I need for my experiments. Now I'm not going to assume you people know what I'm looking for, mostly because I've never seen most of you. So out of benefit for you, I've included a small sketchbook of the plants and animals I'm looking for alongside the phials and containers."

He thrust the bag into Masami's hands with finality and looked at the small group.

"Like I said, it's a dangerous place. Stay together, don't be a fuckwit and you might just live. Or I'll have a new experiment. One or the other. Maybe both."

"Go on," he said with shooing motion towards the south gate.

Far from the first mission he had be on for Professor Ayrie, Hibiki knew that that was pretty well the end of the mission briefing. With another glare at Masami, he turned and headed off towards the southern gate.

"You're not getting anything else out of him. Let's go and get this over with."

Last edited:
Isamu Masami

Masami listened in perfect silence, not catching the evil grin spread across the other Kitsune's face. He kept his head down as he willed the unwelcomed memories to his mind. He listened to the relatively short little mission briefing given by the Professor. He raised his head just enough to look at the teacher when the bag was thrust into his hands, but he said nothing, holding onto it carefully.

His ears rose just a bit, not standing strait up, but like he was half-way feeling better as he calmed himself down. 'I... don't want to be here anymore...' He thought to himself. 'Just my luck... I'm on a mission with someone who hates me... and I don't even know why...'

He made a barely audible sigh as he righted himself, flinching when he noticed the glare directed at him from Hibiki. 'W-What did I do...?' He took in a quiet, shaky breath as he began taking a couple steps, planning on following the rest of the group from the back. He really didn't want to be here or anywhere near Hibiki, but he had too since they were stuck in the same mission.

He placed the strap of the stchel bag across his shoulder, adjusting his blades and the bag so nothing would get in the way of anything. He kept his hands on the back and twiddled with the strap, keeping his attention on that and the ground, occassionally looking up to see if he were still walking in the right direction.

Walther had been reclining in his dorm for lack of any other activity worth doing when he had received the message. His first instinct was to try and resist whatever influence was linking with him, however that proved null in this case, and he heard the message rather clearly, feeling rather stupid for trying to block out a message from one of the tasks. In short notice he had left his dorm and went up towards the elemental magic building. As he gazed at it, he noticed his steps becoming shorter and shorter once more, but he pressed on, trying to keep his mind straightforward. This was, of course a new experience after all, and magic would simply be something that he must become accustomed to. Following that, he had reached the third floor of the building, where he came across a woman who undoubtedly seemed like a professor or a coordinator of some sort.

He cleared his throat. "Did I miss anything?"

Last edited by a moderator:
Marco

The youth smiled lightly "Well, i just so happen to be a tinkerer myself, so i know all about tripwires, even have a few wirebombs in my backpack, though they're strictly non-lethal of course. Plus I've got these babies." He unholstered one of his clockwork pistols and showed it to Orin. "Steinbuck brand, single-shot, no-kill pistols: designed to silently and accurately fire specialized cartridges and slugs designed to immobilize and facilitate in the capture of most humanoid opponents and small beasts. I've got standard slugs for brute stopping power; sleeper cartridges that will, and have, put an ogre to sleep with a powerful vapor cloud; and smoker cartridges that make a very nice, very thick smoke screen that is perfect for disorienting enemies for a quick getaway or a well orchestrated surprise attacks. I also have a few tactical explosives." he holstered his gun and unclipped the grenade hanging at his left side "This is a smoker grenade, does the same thing as smoker cartridge, only more. In my back pack i have 5 more grenades, one if a sleeper grenade, second verse same as the first. 2 are stunner grenades, though you might be more familiar with the term 'flash bang', they also have EMP properties though i doubt that will matter for taking down goblins. The last 2 are sticker grenades, basically, anyone splashed with the resin that comes out when those go off will be guaranteed to have at least a limb or two immobilized."

he clipped the grenade back at his left side and offered a small grin, clearly proud of his work. "So I'd like to see what those little goblins have in store for us, with my gadgets and you two's combat arts, I think we'll wrap this mission up pretty nicely."

Bobby

The golem didn't really know what to do when everyone started arguing and fighting. He was thankful the professor intervened when he did, but was somewhat dismayed at how he just brushed off the kitsune's attack. Marco always got so upset when people started fighting for no reason. Unfortunately for the group the teacher didn't offer to guide them at all through the mission, and leadership was left in the hands of the unstable kitsune from earlier. Bobby didn't think that was the most rational choice but didn't argue with it either.

when the group started moving forward, he followed suit "Professor Ayrie was correct, I do possess scanning capabilities that allow me to identify and catalog objects that I come across, this visual recognition programing is my primary method of identifying one living being apart from another. If you wish to use me to more accurately identify the reagents we will be searching for, I have no objections to fulfilling that function during this mission. Furthermore, I believe it is most coherent to the completion of this mission, and thus our grades as students, if we all work under a harmonious and cooperative environment." he said trying to diffuse whatever situation was present between the two kitsune with what little tact he possessed.

Grimm

oh god. Oh god. oh god oh god oh god ohgodohgodohgod! theyyyyyy weeeerrrrree toooouchiiing hiiiimmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

Grimm resisted with all his might to swipe at the blue haired ultris boy wrapping his arm around his shoulders, instead clenching his fists tightly, drawing a few drops of blood from his own flesh.

"Stop... Touching...." he demanded through heavy breaths. He suddenly remembered an dematerialization spell he had observed an instructor use several times to dodge his fireballs last week. Closing his critrine eyes he cast the spell on himself. He wasn't as proficient in it as the teacher, so he couldn't hold it for more than a few seconds, but that was more than enough time for him to phase through the other boy's arm and leap away to the opposite corner, turning around as he became solid again and glaring angrily at the person who had touched him without his permission. "I am Manu." he said shortly, hoping to any divine power listening that the ultris elf would have heard of the elemental guardians living on eureka's moon and would therefore know that grimm was well enough experiences with elementals. Hopefully this would also stop him from asking anymore questions.

Despite the bickering between the others, Rever didn't say much of anything. He instead stood, hands in his pants pockets, smiling through his glasses. They were ready to go, and Professor Ayrie had finished the briefing, if that's what it could be called. Rever walked up to the one who went by Isamu and slapped his arm around his shoulders. "Relax, Just one job." It came to mind to throw his arms around both their shoulders, but having run with Hibiki before, he damn well knew that was the same as signing his death warrant. Without giving much time, he let go and spun himself to face the others while trailing in front of them all. He was sliding across the ground just as he was earlier to get here and folded his arms. "Normally I'd ask to go on ahead, but frankly, I don't want to be stuck trying to identify things, glad to know we have you here. Gonna be one hell of a hike! I feel bad for your feet!" Thankfully, with being able to decrease friction came the advantage of not having to take steps to move. He couldn't get to a complete zero friction surface, but he got close enough that he rarely had to kick his own speed back up.

"So, I'm Rever. I know Hibiki, but I don't think we've met,"
he spoke as he stopped to walk beside them. "If I talk to myself, don't answer, It's rude to interrupt a conversation." For now he would walk beside them, but once he felt tired he'd begin to glide, long walks were not for Rever, but it wasn't much of an obstacle either. "I might also ditch you guys early once we finish, I can go a lot faster than you can, and the sooner we finish this, the sooner I can relax. But first, what's all your specialtys? I'm curious what you can do." This question was clearly intended for the two he hadn't yet met, as he knew Hibikis combat already. Probably not all of it, but enough to get the idea. He saw that the golem was arma, but that wasn't enough. The other was Dominus, just like Hibiki and himself, but he was one class higher being a blue. Dominus was pretty vague since it was open for so much diversity.

Nogitsune Hibiki:

Hibiki's steps showed his rage, the purposeful strides making it difficult to keep up with him at a normal pace. He had been excited, if it could be said that he could be excited at the portents of such a mission, to go on this mission but now one of his mortal enemies was here with him and he had just been charged by a professor with his safety. A snarl gathered in his throat and stayed there, snippets of it slipping past his lips. Oh no, the little Isamu bastard wasn't going to get off. He would kill the feeble kitsune. Maybe not now, maybe not later but he would. He would call a witch hunt and exterminate the seven tails for what they did. It was unacceptable, dishonourable, unthinkable. His knuckles were white as he clasped one of his katanas and had they been seen, his eight remaining tails would have been twitching in quiet fury. Already it seemed as though his foxfire was getting out of hand, the heavily muffled sound of crackling lightning sparking over his head like a crown.

"Good," he managed to get past gritted teeth at the golem. "Now if you'll just have the blood traitor over there give you the professor's sketchbook, you can familiarize yourself with what we need."

Soren Valstrom:

Soren raised an eyebrow at the Magis student he had put his arm around, not seeming to understand. It wasn't until Grimm phased out from his touch that he realized what was going on. A dismayed look crossed his face at Grimm's reluctance, even abject fear, to being touched. To the elf, it seemed as though Grimm wanted nothing to do with anybody.

"Come on now," he said with fake puppy dog eyes, his tone mockingly offended. "You don't have to be mean like that. I just wanted to talk to you. But fine. you don't want to. Whatever, man."

The runecaster's attitude had done a complete 180 on Grimm from offended and pleading to incensed and offput. Despite that he still had a cheeky grin.

"But you still didn't answer my question. Not entirely at least. You guys are guardians, more balance than anything I'll bet. The thing is, do you know how to catch these tricksy little things?"

Isamu Masami

The quiet little Kitsune tensed up a little when he felt the arm around his shoulders, but he just slightly relaxed after a moment, still being almost as tense as a rock. 'Yeah... Just one mission... Hopefully...' He thought to himself as he ketp his gaze on the ground. Under normal circumstances, he may have smirked or even let out a little laugh when he heard the male speak out worry for Masami's feet, but not now. He was sure that he wouldn't be making any sounds anytime soon.

He flinched a little when he heard the other Kitsune speak. 'T-Traitor? W-What have I done?' He asked himself in his mind, brows furrowing together. He let himself exhale a silent breath as he walked over to the golem and gently placed the stchel in the golem's hand before he stepped back and away, retreating back to the tail of the group.

He had a mental battle with himself of wheher or not he should respond to the other male's question. 'I better... If I don't they may be too distracted to do anything...' It had actually happeend to him on multiple occassions; he forgot to tell his tem members that he was a Sword Dancer and they were to mesmirized to do anything. "S-Sword Dancer." He spoke out quietly and tentatively but still loud enough to be heard. He really hoped they didn't need him to elaborate. he really didn't want to talk any more.

Ashling stared, unblinking at Marco.

"So many weapons, are you entirely sure that'll be necessary?"

Then, of course, she remembered. It's a combat school. We're here to train to fight, not to negotiate. Most importantly, Ashling was the newest one here, and the least experienced. She shouldn't question superiors, especially someone as kind-hearted as Marco.

"Sorry, that came on a bit strong. Didn't meant it that way." She motioned to her bow and her sword. "Ready."

Ashing turned to Orin, though she could sense the discomfort billowing off him. He seemed almost annoyed. She made a mental note to be careful around him. Together, the three faced the forest, and stepped in slowly. Ashing drew her bow in preparation.

Deep between the thick trees, she thought she heard something rustling. She turned quickly, but hesitated.

She thought about one thing, and one thing only, as they slipped through the woods. I've never killed anything before... She tried to rationalize in her mind that what they were up against were not people. They were goblins, animals. She remembered to look down, watch for trip wires. Then again, if they can set booby traps, they must be much smarter than a typical animal. They may not be people, but they must be somewhat intelligent.

Ashling lowered her bow slightly.

Orin Sylvari

Orin whipped out his scythe with a practiced flurry. He glanced over his shoulder at the two and he noticed Ashling lower her bow slightly. "Don't hesitate. You hesitate, you die." He pointed out simply. He knew it was harsh, but it was the simple truth. Goblins may be weak and frail, but they would not hesitate to slaughter anything that gives them the slightest opportunity.

He stepped out farther ahead of the two, but not to far. "Stay close, but don't practicallly ride my back while we go. Give yourself enough room to properly defend yourself." He stopped after a few steps. "Ah, and another thing," He added as an afterthought. "If I loose my weapon, stay far away from me. My magic gets quite destructive." He said. He laughed in his mind at the stupid pun.

He walked to the edge of the trees before he turned aruond one last time. "Keep yourselves covered with the trees, but make sure to keep your eyes open and stay together," He stressed the last two words. "Our enemies will use the same tactics as we will, but they will try to divide us. If we get divided, we are as good as dead. If anything, Marco, keep Ashling safe. I'll have a better chance of keeping myself alive, but you two stay together. Do I make myself clear?" He asked Marco.

Oh that was an interesting trick going immaterial like that. Wonder if her power would allow her to do stuff like that in the future.

Then a man almost as tall as her entered and greeted the professor. It seemed everyone was gathered. So she decided to make her self known since no one looked at or greeted her. So she moved towards the professor and the newcomling. Based on his insignia he was a freshman to.
"oh goodie im not the only one who's new here" She said and stopped. her tail made a small whip as she noticed that he was still shorter than her. Not much but still. She was making into a thing which was annoying her. But trying to ignore it wasn't easy. Probably her being nervous.
"i'm Alisa" She then added with a shy smile.

He watched as his group had a slight back and forth before realizing he had not introduced himself. It was not like they cared, but it was still proper custom even in this environment. The people here were strange, but he intended to get this over with and try and reach a positive end.

"My apologies...I forgot to introduce myself." He tried sifting the back of his mind for words. "You can refer to me as Walther....er, my last name is unnecessary should you feel that you require it...Uh I should also add that I have little knowledge of 'elementals' and how to capture them.."

He drummed his fingers on the side of his girdle.

"Please excuse any mistakes that I may make when this task goes underway."

Marco

The young man chuckled as he advanced with the leader of his group "I think you might be giving these little creeps too much credit. They're crafty little buggers, but the notice board said we were hunting them down to retrieve some lost gardening tools, not to root out a whole infestation. I think if we avoid setting off any traps or alarms, we're probably more likely to find them all gloating around their pile of 'treasure' and take em by surprise than anything else."

he turned to the other member of his groups and smiled "My weapons are all non-lethal and I can't use any magic or combat arts. The reason i have a lot of them is because i need to make up for my lack of offence and defence in versatility and adaptibility. I doubt you'll see me use even half of my stock in this mission. So you don't have to worry about anything, whatever happens I've got your back."

Bobby

The mechanical construct made his way over to the other kitsune. "I was tasked to relieve a notebook from you which should contain information on all teh reagents we require" he said casually.

Grimm

the young manu grew increasingly annoyed with all the people around him. The blue one didn't seem to want to leae him alone, and the other two on his mission didn't seem to know their heads from their asses when it came to this assignment. Yeah, missions for white students on the first day of classes was a great idea. he loved having to interact with underclassmen who'd be looking to him for guidance. god he shouldn't even have gotten out of bed today.

"... just, watch." he said as he stepped forward into the corridor. He could 'smell' the elemental energies given off by the tiny little creatures they would be hunting and capturing this mission, and knew that two were nearby. He stood in front of a doorway into a classroom and charged two basic spells in his fists, the right being surrounded by a wintery chill, the other crackling with electricity. Using a simple levitation spell he opened the door to the classroom and was immediately treated to a symphony of chirrs, squees, along with a heavy cloud of steam in his face, as two baby elementals inside seemed to be having an argument. One was a small fire elemenetal, the other a small water elemental, and sat between them was a large pile of half burnt, soaked paper. Judging by teh situation, the fire baby had probably realized how flammable paper was and gathered a bunch of the stuff together in order to create a bonfire. it was likely that the water baby had come through the pipes and, seeing the fires set by the other elemental, started putting them out instinctively. Now teh two were flying and sliding and jumping around teh room angrily, each throwing a tantrum over the other trying to use their powers, their fire and water being evenly matched and filling the room up with a heavy steam cover.

However, when the fire baby noticed grimm's entry into the room, it suddenly shifted its attention to him and flew right for him. Grim simply lifted his right hand and aimed his palm at the elemental "frost"

a small blizzard cloud suddenly burst from his open palm and blew out the flames cloaking the elemental's body like a breeze blowing out a candle. The charred, ember-like structure of the elemental fell to the ground, knocked out.

the mist in the room suddenly started to dissipate. No, it was condensing. Grim looked to the far corner of the room and saw the water baby making a bubble around itself, scared of the manu that had shown up. Scared of the emptiness inside him.

Grimm just waled over to teh baby and held out his right hand again. "Ice wave."

a more powerful blast of cold energy came out this time, freezing the elemental's protective bubble solid. Grimm kicked the bubble hard, shattering it, and then pointing his left index at the water baby. "Spark"

a small electric bolt arced from his fingertip, striking the baby and shocking it lightly. The baby fell unconscious as well, it's liquid body taking on a more gelatinous state.

Older, more powerful elemental would have been a much bigger problem to deal with, but younglings like thse were still weak and unstable. Any exposure to their opposite element very easily disrupted them and knocked them out cold. It was entirely possible that several of the babies had knocked each other out simply by being of opposite elements and bumping into each other to this point.

of course grimm didn't feel like explaining any of this, and hoped that at least the blue ultris student would be smart enough to figure out what had happened just from Grimm's demonstration.

Status
Not open for further replies.