Eureka Academy: First Semester [RP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adora Salvatrix

Unfortunately for the new Arma professor, Adora didn't get to hear the 'disorientation' she most likely heard during her time at the academy as a student. Instead, a small figure making it's way to the academy doors caught her eye and what more could she do other than follow? A grin quirked her lips and she pulled away from where the teachers had lined up to trail after the most likely new student, falling into step next to her effortlessly. "Well hello there," the Grim chimed, brown-red central heterochromia eyes gleaming with mischief. "My, you bunch really are eager if you're willing to skip out on the most important speech you will ever hear during the entirety of your lifetime just to get into the the grandest building you will ever have the pleasure of entering." Adora chuckled at her own over exaggeration, stopping just outside the doors of the academy. Back at the docks, the headmaster had already began his speech but his voice didn't carry enough for her to catch all of it clearly.

She crossed her arms and casually reclined against the heavy wood of the doors behind her. "So what has you in such a huff anyway? Was it the golem? What was his name again? Bobber? Bobby? Bobber sounds more like a fishing lurer... Bobby then! Do you not have golems where you're from? Where are you from?" Somewhere along the way she stopped addressing the student and began thinking aloud. When she realized this, she offered a friendly grin. "Oh wait, perhaps it'd be nicer to inquire your name before anything else. I'm the Arma professor here, Ms. Salvatrix. No more, no less," she greeted a bit more traditionally. For Grims, respect was a pretty big thing and to alter the birth name of someone in any way was considered disrespectful. Of course, Adora was quick to learn the exceptions to the taboo but as lenient as she was compared to other Grims, she found she was stickler when it came to her own name.

Amal Naji

Dressed in a white traditional vest and a pair of loose fitting slacks, Amal stood in the gathering crowd of students patiently listening to the speech the head master of Eureka academy was giving with his luggage in hand. Since he was required to return to his tribe after every school year concluded, he was never able to stay for the summer. Though, it seemed each new year promised a batch of new attendees that were considerably more eager than the last. Once the speech, or the disorientation as the Head Master so lovingly coined it, drew to a close the crowd began dispersing and thinning out to do whatever it was they needed to do. He was just about to head to the dorms when he was stopped by a familiar voice already snapping orders. Despite being a year behind Hibiki and in a completely different sector, he had crossed paths with the male quite a few time before. They were no more than acquaintances of course, but something about him seemed to always call for attention.

"Well that was an inspiring speech if I do say so myself," Amal quipped, feeling the need to make a remark.

Last edited:
Kasaliene slowed when she heard someone behind her, then turned to face the person. She blushed a bit when she realized that she was being called out for leaving for orientation, but she shrugged. "Don't like the crowds."She muttered quietly. She tilted her head when the professor asked if it was the golem that had her upset and shook her head. About to reply, she was interrupted as the professor continued to ask questions. She was a little bewildered, and took a moment to collect her thoughts before answering. "I am Kasaliene." She replied. "A new Arma student. I'm from Barteleen, on Eritai." She twisted a long strand of dark hair as she spoke.

Orin rolled his head to the side off of the balcony at the massive group of the new students as the Headmaster gave his opening speech. He sighed as he figured that he might as well get down and go either for another walk for a little bit, or he could go figure out where his new dorm was. He then brought his scythe back up next to him as he just wiggled his way off the side of the balcony, landing lightly on his feet right in front of Kasaliene and Mrs. Salvatrix, who he didn't seem to notice at all. He strapped the scythe back in its position on his back as he stretched a little, popping some of the bones in his back. That balcony wasn't very comfy.

He figured that he might as well figure out where his dorm was, so he turned and readied to walk down the side of the building, going to one of the side doors. He knew that the new students would walk through the front, so he didn't want to get caught up in that mass of craziness.

He had taken a few steps off the airship before looking up at the vast grounds of the academy, trying to absorb every fiber of it into his mind. He was shifted back into reality as he saw a few other stragglers pass him, and he began to amble his way towards the center of attention, where a faint, booming sound could be heard. His steps seemed to grow smaller and slower, the further he walked the closer he drew to such strange...people, as he may refer to them. He felt like he was drowning in a sea of vivid colors and abnormality, and with each step there would be no going back. He soldiered on regardless, trying to take calm and deep breaths. As he did this, a deep, resonant voice became more and more audible, it was undoubtedly that of a leader's. Through the crowd, he caught a glimpse of a large, winged humanoid of some sort, providing a speech to the group of returning students and newcomers of the academy, one of them being Walther, it was unsettling thought and he tried to brush it away, but it stuck to him...Was he like every single other here? He thought of a quilt with all sorts of fabrics from all sorts of origins being neatly sewn together into one whole. It was ugly, but it was still a quilt whether you thought different or not. I suppose he was a little patch, roughly sewn in on one of the edges at the last minute if that was the case.

He carried very little with him, besides his armaments strapped to his side and back, and a burlap sack containing an array of interesting objects he had collected when he first stepped into the world. The items composed of a broken digital clock, a lightbulb, a few markers and pencils, (some which were broken), and an old, ripped up novel about a wench and an affair between a dog-man and a vampire, it was maddeningly dull, but he kept it anyway since it was written with the dialect of a new world, which he had to get accustomed to. The supposed ringleader of this academy had been providing an orientation around the topic of dorms and schooling, Walther had tried to filter information, seeing what would be worth keeping in mind, and what was irrelevant. Still, in the back of his mind was festering with ideas that this school had malicious intent, keeping such strange beings and entities all together in one place was unsettling, it almost felt like a prison. He caught a glimpse of a short boy with auburn hair, and another boy talking around a rather well armed man, possibly another knight, perhaps it followed a code as well, regardless they were all put together in a strange circus that he would become accustomed to whether he liked it or not, and there was simply no turning back now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hibiki was pacing in a tight line, his eyes watching the new students disperse, the Dominus students already moving off towards the dorms with alacrity. Half a smirk etched itself upon his lips at the sight. In all honesty, this was perhaps the only time most of them would see him this semester; there were White Dominus Council members to deal with them. Still he, along with his counterpart were the de facto leaders of the Dominus sect when it came to the students. From behind, he heard a familiar voice, one Amal Naji. They had had several run-ins before, not out of hatred but of Amal having intruded in his personal space. Just as with Roe, he had drawn his blades on Amal before.

"You could call it inspiring. Inspiring them with the fear of God. To most of them, I will be but a face they see only once, and then only to bark orders at them to which they should obey and then never again. I am the way the Christians portray their God, yes; faceless and all-powerful. Of course, I would never be so narcissistic as to say that I am a god. A lord though... that is truth."

As the sun set on the first day, students found themselves already embroiled in the day-to-day machinations of the academy, some more so than others. Already, several important people had made appearances and for the first time, the headmaster had made mention of extraplanar and/or extradimensional entities with designs against them - a departure from his usual initiation speech. While not totally unknown to the professors, it was news to many of the older students, with only the upper echelons having any prior knowledge of what might exist beyond the confines of time and space as they knew it. To them, this was not a statement of being but a warning - a warning that the Headmaster had come across something that pointed towards the possibility of danger.

With the coming day, most of the new students had forgotten his words as they struggled to awaken themselves for the day ahead. The first day was never easy for most and just as much so for some of the returning students. Still, they roused themselves as they would every other day, forced sleep addled minds and bodies into some semblance of order and began the day.

Like any other day, there existed upon the bulletin boards in the commons of each level of each dorm the list of available missions. Understandably, the list was short seeing as this was the first day, there only being three missions available but it would be populated over time.

Mission 1: Perfidious Plunderers
Request by: Mme. Stroud, Head Chef

It seems the goblins that live in the woods have come back to scavenge in the academy's vegetable patches and they've made a mess of things. They've also ran off with a few of our gardening tools. They aren't strong but they're crafty and impertinent little buggers. I need to someone to go and impress upon them that my vegetables are off limits to them as well as recover the implements.

Missing Tools: 1x Pruning Shears, 2x Gardening shovels, 1x Rake, 3x Watering Cans
Composition: 2-3 White students (any Sect), 1 Yellow or higher (any Sect) for supervision and support.

Mission 2: Reagent Recovery
Request by: Professor Mishra Ayrie, Professor of Alchemical Studies and Chaos Magic

Normally I'd do this myself but I'm required to be here this first week or so and I simply can't wait that long to go and recover the ingredients myself afterwards, not with a full head of steam built up, you understand. No, of course not. About four hours journey on foot south by southwest of the academy is a jungle with a number of both magical and nonmagical reagents I need for my experiments of which you will no doubt be partaking in later on this semester. The jungle itself is quite hostile and some of what I need is very delicate so I need experienced hands in the field.

Reagent List: 6 litres each of Yelktenk venom and Alfickon tiger blood, 10kg Burulfa leaves (whole), 25kg Wanderthread gossamer, 1x Talaari horn (pristine), 5x shoots of Krarcania Bloom (blue), 15ml Orange Lotus Nectar.
Composition: 2-3 Red or higher students (any sect), 1 Blue or higher Black student (any sect) with leadership capacity

Mission 3: Elemental Egress
Request by: Asst. Alyss Mithrandiir, Elemental Labs technician.

We had a minour, really minour, nothing really at all, accident up in the elemental labs. I, uh, dropped one of the containers holding a baby elemental and it got loose. Before I knew it there were easily fifteen of the things flying around the lab. We have them quarantined on the 4th floor of the Elemental Magic building but we need some students to go in and collect them. I don't think they'll hurt you that much.

List: I don't know how many got loose...
Composition: 2-3 White students (any Sect), 1 Yellow or higher (any Sect) for supervision and support.

Rever

It was the end of initiation day, and as usual, all of the first years were flooding in and look at the grounds. Rever didn't much care for the storm of the new students, so he decided it was a good idea to just stay away from the dense crowds. It wasn't as though he was above helping others find their way around, it was just the numbers that they would come in. Once in a while someone would insist that their friends or new acquaintances to come along, and that made Rever feel uncomfortable. He had chosen not to go to his dorm right away, instead he went on a walk around the grounds to get in touch with the area again, dodging other students on his way. There were a few familiar faces that he could see, but he hadn't encountered many of his friends just yet. The general abrasive behavior he had caused him to be well ignored by the majority, but he was perfectly happy in that position, more-so than being overly liked.

Among his walk, the familiar voice rang into his head, "Well Rever, it's getting late, you should probably head to bed now to get an early start tomorrow." In response, Rever glanced at his bracelet that was made from black leather, but had an odd magenta plate on the top half made from metal. This was the form Kiku took almost 100% of the time when out of combat. Kiku mentioned at one point that it has a good sense of fashion and tries to match what its wielder is wearing, but Rever had his doubts in its sense of fashion.

"I suppose that would be smart." Rever spoke aloud to respond. It was inconvenient talking to a bracelet at times, especially when others were around, but he couldn't talk to Kiku telepathically like Kiku could to him. It remains the only way to talk to his weapon, effectively making communication rather awkward at times. He had only hoped this years room mate would understand such a situation as he began to walk the direction of his new dorm. This year he was finally a yellow student, so he was in a new section. It wasn't entirely unfamiliar, as the school was built in such a manner, which worked well to its benefit as he had found his dorm, paying no mind to who else might be there. It was time to get some sleep.

-----

The next morning after Rever had awoken, he really did not want to get out of bed. However, thanks to Kiku this was no option. "Rever, get up! It's the first day for missions, there won't be very many openings, so if you want to get in one you better get up! C'mon Rever, get out of bed!"

Sitting up with his hair still a complete mess, he spoke with a slightly snarky tone, "Well good morning to you too." The negativity was mostly drowned out by his desire to go back to sleep. He had realized that his room mate may have heard him, but chose to say nothing unless he would be asked to. It would be a bad idea to get off on the wrong foot on day one. Without a word, Rever continued into the bathroom, cleaning off his glasses and fixing his hair. Granted, his idea of fixing his hair was nothing more that swatting it around a little bit. Shouting outside the bathroom door, Rever directed his words at his new roomie. "I'm Rever Seurwit. Nice to meet you." He wasn't sure who he was talking to, as he was far too tired to take a moment to even see who he was sharing a room with.

Ashling awoke to the sun on her face. In fact, it glared in her eyes. She got up and rubbed her eyes, and peered through the ineffective blinds of her bottom-level Dominus dorm room. The dorm itself wasn't great, but the view was fantastic. The expansive campus of Eureka Academy seemed to unfold in front of her eyes, revealing itself piece by piece. The cafeteria, where she would spend her meal-times for years to come. She also had a nice view of the other dormitories, that of the Arma, Magis, and Ultris sects. Rising in the sky, she saw Corinith.

She felt a pang of homesickness in her chest. She missed her mother back home, all alone in their large, very empty home. She missed her sister, Brielle, who had all but abandoned them both when she left to be with her scumbag boyfriend. Ashling missed her father most of all, but that was nothing new. She was here for them, all of them.

All three of her roommates were still asleep. She changed into her pants and ran her fingers through her hair, not checking the mirror once, and quietly slipped out of the door. Out in the hallway, she found a bulletin board. She must have missed it when she moved her stuff in the night before. It listed missions available to take.

Seems like a good way to start the semester off. Make a good impression. Learn something new, she thought to herself. She decided on Perfidious Plunderers, start the list off from the top.

Now, how am I supposed to actually accept it?

A red skinned arm reached out from the shower and felt around until it grabbed the towel. Only two other females where using the showers this early to and of them only one other had been out running like Alisa. Or at least of what she had seen. The Raptir girl wrapped the towel around her after drying her self and walked out from the showers. It was a bit awkward to walk around without the visor aid. So she had to keep it slow so she wouldn't bump into things. Which wasn't completely successful.

A light scratch mark under her knee when she left the showers behind was a sign of that. The girl was wearing a simple red and black skirt and a t-shirt deciding to leave her hair free down her back and most of her legs uncovered. A habit she had after taking a shower. Now also placed over her eyes was a visor sleek and functional giving her a good wide view of things around her.
Correcting the arm guard on her right a little as she walked. She then turned her head forward. This place was interesting. She hadn't seen much architecture besides her own and the nearby planets to her colony.
So she studied each wall and window with interest even the decorations. Okay so maybe she was a bit nervous to. This was all very new and her parent's had been so so about her taking of for something like this when their colony was still so new and already faced problems. Although on the last part they probably where happy to have her away from there....

For the rest of the day, Orin did what he normally did on any normal day here at Eureka: walk around by himself and avoid everybody. He decided to return to his dorm a little while after the sun had decided to go down. When he had finally gotten through the tedious prcess of trying to find his dorm, he sidhed as he rested his back on the door, ready to get some sleep. He walked over to his bed and just et his stuff down, he'd set everuthing up how he'd like it tomorrow.

He barely noted that his roomate was already fast asleep in the other bed as he decided to curl pu on his own, quickly letting the warm embrace of sleep enfold him.

----------

Orin yawned and stretched as he woke up, just moments before his new roomate decided to speak up, well... speak up to something. Orin just shugged it off. There were weirder people out there. 'Just has to be something of his,' Orin thought as he sat there on his bed for a moment. 'Rever Seurwit... I'll remember that,' Orin thought to himself. "Uh.. Yeah... Orin Sylvari. Um... Nice to meet you, too." He spoke out softly, but was still loud enough for Rever to hear him. 'Great job. You are doing an excellent job at being less socially awkward,' He mentally scolded himself. He stretched as he decided to get up and get dressed. He got out of his bed and pulled on his clothes before he decided to fix his crazily disheveled hair into it's normal, spiky manner.

When his hair was adequate enough, he threw on his jacked and then went to strap his scythe on his back. He never really went anywhere without it. Sure, it got in the way sometimes... most of the time... all the time... but he eidn't care. He ddin't know why he really did, it was just something that made him him.

Rever

Stepping out of the bathroom and putting on his yellow shirt, Rever sat down and took a few seconds to see what his room mate looked like. "Oh, I've seen you around before. Don't think we've ever talked, though." Despite having a familiar face, Rever knew very little about this man other than that he seemed to look a bit younger. Granted it was a giveaway with the white hair and red eyes that he wasn't human, so the possibility of him being the same age was questionable.

"Rever, are you going to talk all day or are you going to go to the board?" Kiku asked him.

An instant response came form Rever, spitting back, "Damnit Kiku, can I at least get some coffee first?" He had realized at this time his room mate had no idea who he was talking to, but clearly he didn't have much time to explain right now. "I'd explain why I'm talking to myself, but clearly Kiku would just rush me more. Impatient little tool, she is."

"Nobody said you needed to respond to me. I would just like to see us get an early start this year! Last year you slept in through the first sign ups!"

Reaching for his jacket, Rever spoke once again to Orin, "Well, Kiku's askin' me to go to the billboard so we can get started on a mission. I'll see you later." Not having his morning coffee was bothering him a fair bit, but Kiku was right. Besides, today was his first day as a yellow student, the mission would be interesting. Granted the first day is always so light on work, usually nothing serious. As such, without a tie this time, he headed for the billboard to look at the missions. On his way he had encountered other students, some on their way to the billboard, others back, and even a few finishing or heading in to breakfast. There were quite a few people talking in the halls to get to know their new neighbors.

Upon finally arriving at his destination he found a crowd of people already at the billboard, causing him to need to manuever his way around. Staring at it for a moment, he saw only three, any of which he could have applied for. "Kiku, what do you think, rough up some goblins, go get some reagents, or catch some pests?"

"Goblins hardly sound fun, and like hell I'm turning into a net for you. Is asking really necessary?" Kiku snarked back. It was indeed a question that didn't need asking and Rever knew it even before he asked. The mission stated it was about four hours away by foot.

"Hey Kiku, I bet I can cut that time in half!" Boasted the confident Rever. Speed was easy for him, since he could slide across any surface, allowing his inertia to carry him until he chose to stop on his own.

"Probably, but like hell you're going to get that far ahead of the group again!"
responded his bracelet with a calm yet aggravated tone

"You never know, the group just might be good enough! Besides, if it's 4 hours there and back, that's 8 hours along of walking." Rever complained. "With the time the mission will actually take, we'll be there all damn day. If I can cut that time, then I will." Pausing to reread the mission description just to be sure, Rever voiced out his decision. "So I guess we'll help collect some reagents." After doing so, someone to his left he hadn't recognized confronted him.

"Excuse me, but, who are you talking to?"

To which Rever simply stated, "The Faries, can't you see them?" And walked away.

---------------------------------

Arukab

This year was Arukabs first year as a teacher, not only for Eureka Academy, but in his entire life. Granted, Arukab had taught many people some of his tricks to armed combat, but never was he a genuine professor. He was to stay near the Arma sect since he would be teaching the students of this sect; nearly all of them. His choice of teachings were the armed combat arts, since Arukab himself was quite skilled with nearly any weapon, as he could craft them from his own body. Today he had no classes, as such he went to the commons where he was informed of where the billboard hosting information for missions were. Arukab simply sat himself down, thinking himself as an obvious teacher figure due to his age. He was there to answer any questions, even if they were simply asking who he was. The sight of active youth trying to learn new things made Arukab happy.

As he sat still, he began to wonder how he would have felt as a teacher much earlier in his life. His thoughts began to lead him to ask himself if he would have been nervous, as it would have been possible for students to surpass him. He was now confident enough in his skills that he had something to teach everyone, even if they were already masters. Aside from the mastery of a single weapon, one must learn to fight against certain weapon types as well. Even mastered techniques need training against exotic weapons. This thought reminded Arukab of the first time he encountered a halberd wielder. Not many halberds where he comes from, so he was very surprised at the individuals abilities. It was this kind of experience he had hoped to pass on to his students this year.

"I'm sure he's just having a bad day," Ashling said to the girl next to the Dominus bulletin board. "Or maybe it's a sensitive topic for him."
"Yeah, or maybe he's just a jackass," the girl said, smirking. Ashling noticed she had a red insignia ring on.
"Maybe," Ashling said back. "So, uh, any idea how this works? Where do I go to accept the mission?"
"You already have. It's sort of a telepathy thing."
"Oh, that's awesome. Well, thanks," Ashling said.
The girl nodded and walked off.

--

Despite having a nice view of the campus, Ashling had to wander around before she found her way to the cafeteria hall. Breakfast was on it's way, and she felt like she hadn't eaten since she'd been on Eureka. Standing in the line, which stretched all the way out the doors, she could smell the kitchen aromas blend together as they drifted on the breeze. Some scents she recognized, others she didn't.
Must be Eritai food, she thought to herself. She'd never been to Eritai, although she always wished she would move there someday. She always dreamed of experiencing new cultures.

Being on Eureka itself was a dream come true. There were so many people to talk to, and learn from. Here, she could really begin to understand the worlds around her.

The breakfast line stretched out in front of her, people inching forward ever so slightly. She found it hard to believe so many people attended Eureka. In her home town on Corinith, Ashling was one of few people to have a fighting talent. Even fewer had powers. She'd assumed she was special, but now, faced with so many students ranked above her in this single building, she doubted herself.

If all these people are better than I am, how can I ever hope to take on the terrorists that took my father? They must be even more skilled than these students.

She shook the thought out of her mind. It would do her no good to dwell on her inadequacies. Her best hope was to use the academic atmosphere to her advantage. She planned to learn everything she could, and perhaps when she graduated, she would have the skills, and the powerful friends, to take down the terrorist organization.

But first, she had to start making friends...

Small beams of light crept in through the window, striking his eye. He awoke with a grumble, before pausing. This was his room...yes, he had settled himself hastily after sunset, he was tired, that was all he could recall, barely having time to absorb his surroundings before falling to sleep. It was early dawn, and his roomates appeared to be sleeping. At this time, he quickly ate a measly, cold breakfast from some temperature controlled box of some sort, a winter chest he called it, seemingly filled with food. A few minutes later, the box was completely cleared out, and the remnants of a massive feast lay atop the table. Wather geared himself, and set off with a thirst to occupy himself, which was quickly satisfied with a noticeboard, filled with tasks and quests. If there was one thing he could execute, it would be a task. "Elementals, eh?" he muttered to himself, it was a strange word, but vaguely familiar. He also checked some others, one involving hunting a few vegetable stealing goblins, there seemed to be a more than copious amount going for that, and he decided that catching a few strange beings, and possibly keeping one for himself to observe was more appealing. He did consider the factor of danger, but there would be others with their own array of abilities worth observing and learning from, this would be an interesting experience indeed, and scrawled his name under the notice named "Elemental Egress"

Arriving at a notice board that was already crowded with people. The tall raptir girl could at least make out three missions on it.
The first one seemed violent which wasn't really her style. And the second looked interesting but that was apparently for people in the higher ranks.
And the last one elementals?? well they where small ones couldn't be to bad right. Not that she had even encountered that sort before but they accepted whites so. Guess it would be that one.

Alisa backed away from the crowd. No point in standing there taking up space like that when she had seen enough. And also since she seemed to be among the taller people at the moment it made her feel a bit awkward. She was more used to being among the shorter ones.

Nogitsune Hibiki

Hibiki was up long before most of the other students, a combination of his own nocturnal preferences and a schedule beaten into him by House Nogitsune since he was a child. As day broke across the Eureka Moon, the light creeping into Hibiki's dorm found him going through his usual routine of stances and stretches, his blades in his hands and the chain between them trailing. Though it essence, it was all the same, Hibiki's was unique in that his combined three different martial forms, each change allowing a different feel in each muscle and tendon. Compared to the body of Arma and Dominus students, he was perhaps the best of those among them who did not have a natural sense of physical self, able to control minute muscles with a thought but able to have them react on their own if necessary. He was destined to rule after all.

As seven AM rolled around, he heard the magical alarm beside his bed go off, the chimes soft and melodic. With a sigh, he headed into his bathroom for a shower, glad to be rid of the sweat he had worked up from such an exacting regimen. When he was dry, he gathered his clothes, forsaking the tunic he had worn the previous day, going shirtless instead. After so many years at the academy, he knew that there would be mission requests already available though they would all be centered on the academy. It was his last year and he was fully expected to elad as many of these missions as possible, whether he wanted to or not. He resigned himself to at least playing the part, for now. Buckling his belt with his blades on it around his waist, he left his room, locking it behind him and went straight for the mission board on his floor.

The mission boards were a collaboration of a number of the early professors of Eureka, powered by both magic and psionic energy. Mission boards were placed across the campus and when a mission was posted on a board, the others reflected that. They were able to read a student's handwriting if they signed up in script but this was mostly for the benefit of students who had yet to go on a mission. Those who had, knew that the board had a sentient hive mind, able to read the surface thoughts of the students; they would tell which students had an interest in each mission. It would then decide based on the qualifications and the records the academy had on them thus far, whether they would be a good match for the mission. When the minimum number of applicants had been reached, the board would deliver a psionic message to the student, asking that they report to a certain area with the rest of the applicants.

There were less than usual this semester but it was of no importance. Of the three on the board, only one caught Hibiki's eye by it's requirements alone. It required a leader of at least blue rank or higher, which he most definitely qualified for. Of his interest as well was it's requester: Professor Ayrie was a man whom Hibiki got along with well, if only because their minds were so similar. They had met in his first year, when he signed up as a combat test subject for something he had created. The man was mad to be sure but it worked for him, just as it worked for Hibiki.

"Consider that my interest," he muttered before heading down the stairs to the ground level.

Soren Valstrom

The runecaster was among a select few of the attendants at the academy who did not need sleep, for one reason or another. Instead, morning found him deep in meditation atop his bed. In one hand, he rotated three orbs with just his fingers, the crimson orbs seeming far too fluid in their movements. In his other hand, he twirled a long thin slab of bone, runes marking it along its length on one side. Without opening his eyes, he cast the bone out onto the bed. In midair it seemed to shatter, becoming ten runes that scattered themselves across the sheets. Still without opening his eyes, he began reading off the portents as casually as one might discuss a meal.

"There appears to have been an accident overnight. One of those on a mission today will suffer a grievous injury through no fault of their own. The doom the headmaster senses is still drawing closer."

For an elf of his apparent age, he spoke with a voice that had tones of such age to confuse most, had they heard him. Luckily, he was of the Blue rank and was afforded his own dormitory room. Taking his runes in hand again, he cast them once more.

"My own time draws closer though the end is not so clear as I would hope. A rebirth in many ways will result though. And yet the gods laugh at me..."

Drawing them back into his hand, he tucked them away into one of the many pouches at his waist before hopping off the bed and stretching.

"Even if I don't need sleep, looking into the future is still a pain in the ass."

Compared to before, his personality seemed to have veered off sharply, lacking the brooding feeling it once had and now exuding youthful vigour. Already fully dressed, he grabbed his runeblade, strapped it to his back and headed for the mission board. Giving a quick perusal to the missions, it was easy to see which one was most likely to have someone injured.

"And that's the one I'll be staying away from."

He chose the last mission, dealing with trapping escaped elementals, a relative specialty of his; at least traps were. With furtive glances to both sides and a grin, he bit the tip of his finger and smeared the blood onto the message board in the form of a rune. Just as he knew it would, it absorbed the mark instantly. The next person at a message board would be getting a watery surprise.

• Love
Reactions: Silvir
Isamu Masami

Masami spent that first day alone. He really didn't care to go out and see or meet any of the new 'recruits,' as he called them, because he'd rather be alone than in such a massive group of people. He found a nice and quiet little field on the side of the Academy and spent the whole day practicing his dancing. He relished in the calm breeze that soothed him to the core and allowed him to completely focus on his dance and his dance alone. He felt the soft grass on his bare feet and sighed calmly as he drew his twin blades and began to slowly dance around in his little area. He spent hours just dancing, his steps getting faster and faster and more comple with each step he took, practically seeming as he glidded across the grass.

His dancing stopped well after the sun had completely fallen out of the sky. He was sweating and panting, completely out of breath as he sheathed his weapons. He was sooo happy that he chose such airy clothes to dance in. He headed to his room and entered silently, having entered after his roomate had already fallen asleep. He decided to clean up tomorrow because he had practiced etra long today and he was completely tired. He placed his blades by his closed and walked over to the other bed and he plopped onto it, curling up into his little ball and soon falling asleep.

---------

Masami had awoken before his roomate had as well. He was naturally an early riser. He had always arisen early in the morning when he lived back home, and he only awoke earlier when he was a slave, so it was no surrise that he was an early riser. He decided to head and shower up before he went to check the bulletain board's missions.

He had himself all showered up and dryed off, hair still damp, but no longer dripping. He walked back to his room and grabbed his blades before he decided to head down to the bulletain board. He was one of the first students there, so he didn't have to worry about trying to look over every other studen'ts head at the board. He looked over the missions and the only one that caught his eye was the second one, issued by Professor Mishra Ayrie. He actually liked that professor. His madness normally seemed to put some people off, but Masami was actually interested by it and found it intriguing and quite humorous, to say the least.

He shrugged to himself. 'Might as well. Only one that seems interesting and I'm sure the group could use a support character.' He thought to himself as he began exiting the llway and heading out to a small field. He wanted to practice for at least a little bit longer before they were to set off on their mission. He found that practicing in the morning was the best time for him. It was the calmest and quietest time for him to focus.

Masami made his way down the stairs, his target was the small field to the side oft he academy that he was at last night.

--------------------

Orin Sylvari

Orin made his way down the stairs to the bulletain board, going to check out the missions that were posted like all of the other students were. He looked through the three different missions. 'Not as many as normal...' He thought as he eyed the missions. He decided on the first one. He didn't feel as if he were ready for one of such caliber as the second one and he was sure that his destruction magic was unneeded on the Academy with all of the destruction caused by the elementals. 'Okay... I'll go with... that one.' He thought as he decided to head back up to the balcony that he rested on the previous day.

He headed up a floor from teh main entrance hall and walked outside onto the small balcony. As per the norm, it was empty so he didn't have to worry about running into some people he didn't know. He looked out across the horizon and the rising sun. He sighed and sat down on the railing and just sat there in silence, sort of looking forward to the mission that he would hopefully be joining later today.

He sat there with his scythe placed gently next to him. He was hoping that no one else would come up here, but, knowing his luck, someone would eventualy show up and ruin his prvacy.

As the final bell rang from the central belltower within the Eureka Academy grounds for the start of the second class. By this time, the mission boards had already had some interest from several students both old and new and already the limits had been reached. The primitive hive mind established between them in the Academy's early years sorted through all of them, cross-indexing them with the records of the students before selecting the teams. To each member of the teams it sent a psionic message; short, simple, and hopefully non-intrusive.

Orin Sylvari, Marco Steinbuck, Ashling Garrick
Please report to the eastern gardens and await the rest of your team before proceeding into the woods. Make certain you are prepared for combat.

Nogitsune Hibiki, HK 472-9, Rever Seurwit, Isamu Masami
Report to the southern gate where Professor Ayrie will await you with further instructions. Combat guaranteed.

Soren Valstrom, Grimm, Alisa Esirse, Walther Pagras
Report to the third floor in the Elemental Magic Building. Miss Alyss Mithrandiir will meet you there with further details.

Prepare for combat, Ashling thought to herself. I suppose it is what I'm here for.
She despised combat, in any form. She only resorted to it in absolute emergencies, and only when the other party would simply not compromise. Then again, she already had a situation like that back home, and she needed the practice before she could take that on.

Maybe it won't come to that after all. And it really is best to be prepared for anything.

Ashling picked up her quiver and slung it over her shoulder. She grabbed her sword and sheathe from the floor, and attached it to her belt. Finally, she plucked her bow from the mount on the wall. It was a simple one, not ornate in any way. It wasn't too powerful either. In every sense, this was the most ordinary bow imaginable. To Ashling, however, it was much different. This was a gift from her father, for her tenth birthday. From that day forward, it was the only bow she used. It was her most cherished possession, and she cared for it as though her life depended on it.

She stepped out of the door and headed to the building exit. She had very little idea about the layout of the campus, but if she knew anything, it was how to get to the Eastern gardens. She had been admiring their beauty from her dormitory since her arrival. This was her chance to see them close up. She always loved vegetable gardens. Something about the way they use the land. Other gardens, flowers and what not, were there just to look pretty. Vegetables were useful. They fed people, kept the worlds from starving. That is true beauty.

It was a long and solitary walk to the gardens, but Ashling didn't mind. She relished the last few moments of silence on campus. Surely after she met her fellow students, she would hardly find time for getting lost in thought.

She was the first to arrive at the gardens, and sat on the ground to wait. She leaned back with one hand behind her, and pondered how such a wonderful place could be in need of fighters.

Marco

The young blond heard the telepathic message and, distracted by it, accidentally poured too much ionized sulfur onto his activated ember stone. The stone began shining brightly and macro ducked and covered, expecting an explosion that would turn his lab into a smoldering wreck. It didn't come. Wondering what had happened, he looked back onto his desk and saw, to his amazement, that the stone was shining with a constant, slow fulse, and inside it a seeming torrent of flames was spinning slowly.

"YES! HAHA! It worked! I stabilized it! I've got to show this to the professor immediately!"

He quickly picked up the stone, but the sudden movement made it shine brightly again, the stone immediately shattered into a million pieces and caused a thick purple cloud of smoke to burst forth, tinting all of marco's front upper half in a dark mauve shade. Marco blinked lightly, looking at the now useless pile of ember ash in his hand. He brought a finger to his face and swiped off a bit of the residue that was covering his face before putting the finger in his mouth.

"huh, tastes like apricots."

He gave a disappointed sigh and let the ash fall to the ground. "Well, plus side, I'm not dead. Down side, that was my last ember stone. Damn, prof McKinney's not gonna be happy that I burned through all my stock so fast."

The young man sighed again, well, this could all be looked at after. Now was time for his first mission of the school year. He was sad that he hadn't been able to find something both he and bobby could participate in, but on the other hand he had grown to enjoy meeting new people since coming to Eureka, if nothing else, the mission should give him the chance to familiarize himself with even more new students.

After a quick shower and a change of clothes to get rid of all the purple, Marco obeyed the commands given to him and made his way to the eastern gardens. He couldn't wait till he finished his new travel board design. Traveling across campus without bobby to carry him was always so painfully slow.

Once at the gardens entrance he noticed there was already a girl waiting there, sitting down. Her insignia showed her to be a Dominus student, white rank, though she seemed to be a fair bit older than him. Ever the friendly face, the ultris red boy decided to walk over to her and introduce himself.

"Hey there, you must be Ashling right?" he said, recalling the other 2 names that had been summoned to the gardens in their telepathic message "I'm Marco, Marco Steinbuck, glad to meet'cha. Hope we get along well on the mission"

He gave her a friendly smile and held out his hand for her to shake.

Bobby

The golem had been in one of the courtyards, training with one of the practice dummies the school used to help the Arma students master their more dangerous techniques without killing/seriously injuring professors or other students.

Bobby had often been asked before if he disliked harming the dummies, himself being a golem similar to them, but the question usually confused him more than anything. The purpose of the dummies was to help students learn by letting themselves be broken/destroyed, bobby was a student so the dummies would only want to fulfill their purpose by helping him train. and it wasn't like they felt real pain even when their limbs were torn off or mangled. The golem didn't understand why he should feel bad about letting them do their jobs just because they were both made of synthetic materials, so he usually just answered 'no'.

His magical receptors capted the telepathic transmission and he quickly caught a punch thrown by the dummy, using his great strength to twist the arm outwards, shattering teh dummy's joints in his wrist, elbow and shoulder.

'Very Well Done Student: HK'

replied the dummy in reaction to this.

"Please, call me Bobby." replied the Golem politely before letting go of the dummy's mangled arm and turning around, leaping forward out of the training courtyard and onto one of the academy roofs, choosing the path that would bring him to the south gate the most expediently.

Once at the gate he saw that he had been the first of his group to arrive. He jumped down from the rooftops and landed with a hard thud next to the professor that would be overseeing the operation. He rose to his feet and faced the man, the holographic glyphs on his visor changing to make a 'smiley face' icon to express his happiness at seeing him, a gesture of politeness he had learned to do when he observed how organics tended to move their face muscles around constantly when displaying emotion.

"^_^ Professor Ayrie, it is good to see you."

Grimm

The young Manu had been waiting at the entrance of the elemental magic building already by the time he received the telepathic message. He had signed up for this mission in the hopes that A: he would be abel to complete it quickly and B: that no one else would want to deal with a bunch of elemental babies. It was to his great chagrin that he learned he'd be joined by 3 other students before the mission would start. He hated group missions. He was all for finding his Will, but other people were always so noisy and annoying, he couldn't focus when they were around. He just hoped that he could get through today without anyone talking to him. He made his way into teh building and got t the third floor. As expected, the teacher was already there waiting for teh students. He only gave a small, 'hi' as he passed her, not making eye contact, and going to sit in the corner to wait for everyone else to show up

Last edited:
well feed after a little interesting walk to find the cafeteria and meeting some other new students to enjoy the meal with. Alisa found her self standing in a well cared for garden leaned towards a tree. Listening to the rest of the group as the message reached her mind. One of the others a second year noticed her absent mindess for that moment and nodded. Quickly explaining to the others what it was about.

The student then inquiring about what she was supposed to do. Quickly gave her some pointers where to go and sent her on her way with a smile. Which felt reassuring as this was only her second day and to be honest she felt fairly nervous. It didn't take long to find her way. The directions he had given where simple and easy to follow. She soon peeked her head into a room and saw a person that looked very much like a teacher. "This is for the escaped elementals mission right?" She asked and entered. Now also seeing a guy in the corner. Stopping for a second she looked at him before returning her focus to the professor.

Status
Not open for further replies.