Essential Beings OOC (Closed Signups)

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
My character is already a blacksmith in Matchtal, with power allowing him to even use his fingers to mold metal. I think your character will have serious trouble having higher pay because of my character's quality items. So just something for you to know. But then again, your character doesn't get many customers, though I would think it suspicious, from other, more watchful NPCs, that one who has so few customers has so many tools, weapons, armor, and other items that need metal, which isn't cheap or free.

Last edited:
The forge is merely a cover-up for where he actually gets money from, though he does receive an order every now or then
I guess people could be suspicious, but who really knows how much customers someone has, right?

Last edited by a moderator:
Considering the traffic that goes through there daily I think either of you would be fine. Leo is accepted by the way~ :3

Yay! And exactly. Matchtal seems to be crowded everyday, so it really shouldn't be a bother. Also, a single blacksmith for an entire town is simply impossible. (Btw, he's not just a BLACKsmith. He makes more than just weapons and armour. In fact, Leo's more a smith for unique, personalized, detailed and decorative items rather than mass-production.)

That too. I think I may be adding a bit more to the lay out to the kingdoms like a ship that acts as a ferry to take people between Basul and Matchtal, not that anyone is going towards Dismorigan xD

Tasu and Matchtal have been moved to a spoiler under Dismorigan for organizations sake. They have not vanished, I promise!

Ok! Organization is good. I've been scrolling through the different towns for a while to see which were close to each other because I had to have Leo flee somewhere. Then I read the two kingdoms were allies, so I went with it.

Now, how to enter..

I'll write up my CS this weekend.

Now, if my character were a bard how much freedom with minor lore would I have? (By minor lore, I mean anything with no significant to the plot)

I can give some leeway for lore if you want to add some for the character but I would like most things to play into the plot at least a little bit.

Heehee I get ya. We can discuss it further once I get my CS posted. At some point I'll most likely drop a PM your way inquiring about any plot relevant stories you might like my character to include.

*Rubs face* Sorry about this guys, I wasn't receiving alerts about the thread. I'll start working on a post asap.

Reactions: 2 people
Quick question before I write my background,

is Tasu part of Dismorigan?

Well, it's in the territory, yeah. It's inhabitants and the others cannot mix though. Well, not well or while showing any Shiera traits.

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
Alrighty, if there are any issues with this let me know ^_^

Race: Shiera
What animal do you take after?: Rabbit
Appearance:

iUOFmIB.png

His attire changes to fit in with the area he is in, with this picture representing his "best". He carries a rapier with him for show. Reyn is five feet six inches tall.

From whence do you reign?: Dismorigan (born in Tasu)

Essence Manifestation: Physical
Personality: Reyn views himself as a gentleman's gentleman. A bit wily and clever, he takes great pride in his own wit. From an early age, he has been influenced by tales of heroism and knighthood. The spirit of chivalry always appealed to him and so he has adopted much of it into his own personal philosophy. Slow to anger, caring and compassionate, Reyn always looks for the brighter side to life and tries to bring others to this point of view. He understands there is a balance to all things, and believes all should pause and enjoy the present. For Reyn, haste must never be mistaken for speed. Despite being a rabbit, he is very brave for an animal normally considered to be prey. Views fighting as a last resort to any situation, wars should not be ended by war. He doesn't like to be alone, and that happens quite often as a traveling bard.

Background:

Born as the oldest of a family of sixteen, Reyn's parents could never handle the task on their own, especially living in the barren territories of Dismorigan. Being the oldest meant he had the most responsibility amongst his siblings. Being rabbit Shiera, it was not uncommon to lose a brother or sister every few now and then, t'was the way the world worked after all. From an early age, Reyn was taught by his parents how to survive, how to live off not but a few coins a week and taught him how to teach his siblings. He has always had an obsession with old tales of heroism and nobility. Much of his childhood, he ran around playing with his siblings pretending to be a noble hearted knight.

The Crocell family had a "pay it forward" tradition. If a relative showed you a kindness, you would show that same kindness to two others, and those two would do the same to two more until all were equal. With this in mind, Reyn took it upon himself to teach the skills he learned to a few of his younger siblings. The youngest of the children needed someone to look up to, and for them, it was Reyn. It was the duty for the older to care for the younger until they could care for themselves.

Conditions were often miserable, with all the conflict and strife going on in the world his family never stayed in one place for more than a year or two. He wanted something more for them, they didn't deserve to live like this, he didn't deserve to live like this. Nobody did. As he and his siblings grew older, the family grew smaller. Small groups were easier to survive in than one mass unit, and so the family was split with the oldest moving out.

It was around this time he discovered his essence, having to travel and live alone for the first time in his life. Everyone knows there are two kinds of Shiera in Dismorigan: there are the quick, and there are the dead. When he set out on his own, he discovered, a soft light would twinkle and a surge of energy would rush forth, filling himself and things around him. Reyn himself as well as objects and beings touched by this power seemed to accelerate or slow down for a short spell. Being raised on tales of chivalry the way he was, he knew this power was to be used, not abused. It was used sparingly at first, as it slowly grew in strength. He had no idea what this was, there was nothing like it he was certain. This gift still confuses him, but after much toil he found he could invoke it at will.

He has recently learned that much of his family have fled to the forests Weithala and has been journeying living as a bard to meet them there.

Fear: To be alone forever and never seeing his family again.

Quirks: Can never say directly say "no" to a lady and likes to talk in similes.

Oh my goodness, I forgot to mention in the bio what his essence did. Fixed that.

Was there anything else I missed?

Assuming that the little heart rating means I am accepted, I think I'll have my character start out at Tasu to give little Seriph someone to interact with (and maybe even potentially help her leave Tasu?) if that's alright. The trick will be getting them into a position to interact...

Reactions: 2 people
Right! It does mean you are accepted xD

It would be fine for you to help her leave the village too. There's just the thought of where to go.

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
OH yes! That reminds me, Reyn is trying to get to Weithala. Would he need to pass through any place other than the nameless wilderness to get there?

I'm assuming he'll need to take a boat at some point yes?

Only Matchtal and leaving through there may be a problem for him at the moment. He would likely have to stow away and that would be super risky at the moment. xD

I'm contemplating a new addition to the landscape of Dismorigan though which may also be good for Seriph if she does indeed leave the town.

Wait, so what cities are racist towards Shiera? If any.

@ Majem

I assume for Dismorigan it's basically every town or settlement that is not explicitly Sheiran(?).

Weithala in general is non-discriminatory towards Sheira

And Basul's stance is not directly stated but I assume "no longer have a treaty with Weithala" thing really does not help the case for any Sheria there.

... At least that is what I gathered from the 2nd post so please, correct me if I'm wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.