Essential Beings OOC (Closed Signups)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahh~ That's okay but I'd still like a general idea like "somewhere in Dismorigan valley" "inbetween towns in Dismorigan/Basul" or "somewhere in Basul" OR "somewhere in Weithala". Just to get a general idea is all I need :)

Nasir Al'Jaffet
Race: Human
Appearance:
an_ancient_arab_by_nayzak-d5nuh3n.jpg

From whence do you reign?: Basul (originally from the East)
Essence Manifestation: Extension (Wrenches, Blades, etc)
Personality: A cocky eastern man with an uncanny knack for machinations and human biology. Nasir is twice a fixer to be employed however he is needed. He likes to fiddle with machines and clockwork devices, and has even dabbled in electronics and engines, a few of his inventions contributing to the smoggy skies of Basul. He smartly utilizes his essence to help with his work. A bandit in his teenage years, Nasir has some darker connections, despite his sunny outward disposition, and also has a secret collection of blood vials from all his kills.
People who employ his legitimate work see him as a seasoned yet still happy soul who likes to help people when they have a problem. Those who employ his seedier work see him as a man to be feared due to the constant mask of glee he always wears. In truth, he's just a guy with an odd fetish for blood and a love of money.
Background: Nasir Al'Jaffet was born and raised in the East until he became 12 and discovered his essence while hunting wolves in the desert and he manifested a blade to slay an attacking wolf. He left home and used his new ability to become an established member of a bandit clan. Eventually, they were employed by traders to prevent other bandits from attacking and he learned of Basul, but he could not leave for there. Since he was stuck in the East for awhile, the merchant gave Nasir a clockwork box as a gift along with his payment as a bodyguard. It was here that he discovered an uncanny knack for tinkering. By disassembling the box and reassembling it into a different object, he created a wind-up carousel which amazed the other bandits. They began giving him scrap and between battles and using wrench extensions for his essence, he quickly became an expert in extension. At age 27, he felt he had enough money to move to Basul, and made the arrangements to set up a mechanic shop in the industrial zone.
Now living in Basul, Nasir struggled a bit to get a steady footing, but after making friends and receiving recommendations, he became an established mechanic at 30, until an old accomplice came to him and offered to pay him for an assassination. A query that got away. He was told that not only would he be paid, he could also keep anything he found - which sung to Nasir as an open invitation to commit grand theft. That was also the year Nasir witnessed his first public execution and became acquainted with the idea that he should watch who he works for so as not to upset the king. Loyalty out of fear set in and after a few more assassinations, he eventually did a job for Basul's own court - he had to get rid of a spy. The mission was complete and Nasir was rewarded handsomely. Now, however, Nasir is slightly anxious that his loyalties may be unnecessarily tested, putting him in a place to become a victim of his own trade.
Fear: Death, imprisonment, and disability
Quirks: Cocky as Hell, always smiling unless otherwise stated, heavy accent

Last edited:
Accepted, I only ask that you expand a bit on how he came about his essence. It doesn't have to be real detailed but at least a mention of the event.

[EDIT] I am going to e sectioning things out by morning, afternoon, evening, and night. Yes, I keep thinking to add in these types of things after the fact but this is my first time acting as a GM so please bear with me. >..<; At the moment we're starting in the afternoon.

Last edited by a moderator:
I made a small edit to include the how

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
Character Sheet
Name: Krye

Race(Human or Shiera): Shiera

What animal do you take after?(only if Shiera): Komodo Dragon

Appearance(description or picture; if picture please anime or game and unless they are young no cutesy pics, please and thank you): Thick scale that takes a day to change color to the environment [green-dark brown for greener, lush areas, tan-grey for desert areas, and mixes for other environments.] Much thinner and narrower than a normal person, but is taller and has very little fat, with a good deal of muscle. Legs and arms are on the reptillian side, with longer, narrow fingers tipped with claws, the feet having 4 digits on the front, one sticking out of the back.

From whence do you reign?: Matchtal

Occupation(trainer, student, scout, etc.): Town-employed Guardsman [parttime], Blacksmith [parttime]

Essence Manifestation(physical, channeling, extension, etc.): Channeling [with fire and heat, personality is like that of lava]

Personality(should be reflected in your essence): Quick to anger, quick to cool, slow on regular days, but can be shockingly fast when needed. Does not care for nonsense; serious and having little humor.

Background: Came about his essence upon his parents' deaths.

Fear: Everything, though he hides it well, which prevents better essence use. People, people, people everywhere, and he is just a mutated creature among them, out of place, unnatural. Nah, no, he fears what he is and who he is, not everything.
Quirks: Has the tendency to never blink when talking to someone, so as to unnerve them. Uses his claws as a knife or fork, instead of the utensil. Does not speak unless something needs to be said.

Came about his essence power when he found that, one morning, his adopted mother and father had apparently been brutally murdered at the foot of his bed, and strung up from the ceiling, as if they were hanged and beaten to death at the same time. Distraught, he instead focused on working, and buried himself in it, often times actually forcing would-be murders out of his home before they could take him to somewhere more private to kill him.

Last edited:
It's fine if want to build it up as you go along. Just make sure to eventually add it to the CS, please :)

Now, someone already has the fire element so I'm afraid you'll have to change that. The only other thing is that a Shiera is born with their animal's traits though some may be more noticeable than others. If you meant something else, my apologies. Either way I'll need more on how he came about his essence and it should be under the bio. Just a few sentences since that will be all that's under the bio for a while. >..<

So no more than one person can have one aspect of power? No two people can have water, or fire, or air, or etc.etc.etc.?

Correct. No one can share the same "power" or manifestation at all. No two people are alike :)

*Sigh*
If you've seen my character (Known mainly as 'Baker') from the roleplay 'Those Hunted,' then you shall know what evil you have brought.

Character Sheet
Name: Krye

Race(Human or Shiera): Shiera

What animal do you take after?(only if Shiera): Komodo Dragon

Appearance(description or picture; if picture please anime or game and unless they are young no cutesy pics, please and thank you): Thick scale that takes a day to change color to the environment [green-dark brown for greener, lush areas, tan-grey for desert areas, and mixes for other environments.] Much thinner and narrower than a normal person, but is taller and has very little fat, with a good deal of muscle. Legs and arms are on the reptillian side, with longer, narrow fingers tipped with claws, the feet having 4 digits on the front, one sticking out of the back.

From whence do you reign?: Matchtal

Occupation(trainer, student, scout, etc.): Town-employed Guardsman [parttime], Blacksmith [parttime]

Essence Manifestation(physical, channeling, extension, etc.): Channeling, of sorts, of metals and metalloids [Basically, he can mold metal like clay if he needs to]

Personality(should be reflected in your essence): Quick to anger, quick to cool, slow on regular days, but can be shockingly fast when needed. Does not care for nonsense; serious and having little humor.

Background: Came about his essence upon his parents' deaths.

Fear: Everything, though he hides it well, which prevents better essence use. People, people, people everywhere, and he is just a mutated creature among them, out of place, unnatural. Nah, no, he fears what he is and who he is, not everything.
Quirks: Has the tendency to never blink when talking to someone, so as to unnerve them. Uses his claws as a knife or fork, instead of the utensil. Does not speak unless something needs to be said.

Came about his essence power when he found that, one morning, his adopted mother and father had apparently been brutally murdered at the foot of his bed, and strung up from the ceiling, as if they were hanged and beaten to death at the same time. Distraught, he instead focused on working, and buried himself in it, often times actually forcing would-be murders out of his home before they could take him to somewhere more private to kill him.

Oh no, I'm not sure if this is a good thing or not... But your profile is okay so you're accepted. xD

Oh good!
Now that I'm accepted, I can now highlight all the things that I can do with power over metals:
When I kill an enemy soldier, I can use their armor and weapons to make my own CUSTOM armor and weapons, with much better durability and strength, as well as just a sharper edge without actually scraping the blade away
I can prevent rust simply by thumbing it off
I can also create my own metal bows and arrows, and simply concentrate on giving them properties of an actual bow or arrow.

This means that I can shoot a 1 pound metal dart as if it were a a regular arrow, with a bow that no archer could lift and shoot, for it would be as strong as a sword.

I could also, of course, run around with heavy armor.

but then again, he's lonely and not very thoughtful, so he'll just bash your skull in with a really big hammer.

Reactions: 2 people
Ohh~ Very nice :)

It's like, each time someone else joins in they bring in another variation of their abilities- which I totally encourage! I didn't want the specifics to dull anyone's creativity so seeing unique takes on their essence and how it works just makes me so happy Q_Q

I am so sorry!! I had gotten ZERO alerts from this thread and I had forgotten about it until i just noticed tha beanner!1 I'll start working on a post!

Reactions: 2 people
Is anyone else planning on posting?

I'll post again to keep things going then send a reminder to the others. No one is giving a heads up for their absence~

Idk when to come innnnnnn
If that couple on the search for the king or something needs to get a sword repaired or something, then going to the blacksmith [me] would get me into the roleplay pretty easily.

I'll get someone to you and just so you know, since others are doing it and I really want to focus on the scouts and rulers, you can take control of an NPC. A customer could come in or you could be delivering a weapon or tool to someone's house.

All of you guys can interact too! I know we're pretty spread out here but you guys should be able to interact at least a bit amongst yourselves too.

My character is fighting with a guard over a child in Matchtal and making quite a scene, if anyone's character wants to step in.

One of the scouts will be stepping in, as dangerous as that is for him. It's also possible that Krye could come across Ariette.

• Thank You
Reactions: E.T.
Status
Not open for further replies.