ESE - My Dream World is an MMO

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
I only just now thought to look up what "kidlat" means, but I like it! ^^

Chris' reaction to the latrine: Huh, a latrine. Okay. Oooh, a shiny thing! *distracted by the deadbolt*
Ren's reaction to the latrine: EW EW EW EW EW EW EW EW EW

Will start working on post now.

Well...
Tiwala is Filipino for trust
Kidlat is Filipino for lightning Please note who has the same language name...
Koero is Maori for thaw
Nimfa is Bosnian for nymph
Bantay is Cebuan (??) for guard
Kimi--> dunno
Ako--> dunno
I'm sorry... -_-

I couldn't find Kimi either, but Kyla is Irish for "beauty only poetry can describe."

Kimi is Maori for Seek
Ako is Maori for Study

Spot on. ^_^ I'm so happy... Please know that I'm giving you a giant hug through your screen.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Kimi is Maori for Seek
Ako is Maori for Study

Spot on. ^_^ I'm so happy... Please know that I'm giving you a giant hug through your screen.
*Hugs back* Thank you
pets.jpg

So I'm jumping in a few hours late BUT man all the name choosing was really cool!

Whenever I create a character, I do have a habit of picking their surname based on the meaning I want in the language of whatever nationality they happen to be of. Works surprisingly well!

I too like meaningful naming. Unfortunately I can only find a meaningful name I'm satisfied with about half the time... The other half the time, I already got a random name stuck in my head for that character somehow and nothing else sounds right, no matter how hard I dig for an alternative. :P

Actually Chris' name is a relic from the character he's derived from. In a previous RP I was in, I initially named my character Kris for no particular reason except aesthetics, but he ended up with the full name Tristimdorion ("world-renowned") after I realized my partner/GM was going for legit Tolkien elvish names. Figured I'd keep the approximate sounds of his nickname and full name respectively.

I'm sorry if Ren is so prolix in her thoughts... and she DOES seem schizophrenic with all her ineer talking but she's just a sociopath and that's her way of keeping her sanity... as her chara develops she'll do it less... so sorry if it annoys you.

And how cute can possibly Kidlat be? >////<

@Lady Alainn
I can totally picture Ren taking Kyla's false ears away, tear her paper wings up calmly just to coldly slap her saying: "You're not the only one with issues, Love", turning back and going to sit somewhere... XD Ren would totally do it XP

Bahahaha! I'm seriously contemplating having Kyla stitch up a mermaid tail for herself while everyone is at school. She's quite taken with the idea. ;)

Oh, before I forget, I'm headed out of town this next week and don't know how available I will be for posting!

I should have more time starting next week, so I'll be able to keep you company. ^_^

On that note, I feel I should say how much I've been enjoying this RP since it kicked off. I lost a couple of good RPs recently and this one has proven engaging and cozy. Thanks to all. <3

I'd like to reciprocate... I'm really enjoying it too... and Filia... how good are you with panic attacks? you know... Tiwala is in a pretty bad shape :P

I should have more time starting next week, so I'll be able to keep you company. ^_^
Noooo, I'm being replaced! [Glad you'll be around more. ^^]

And I third the formerly expressed sentiments. We have some awesome characters to work with and some serious writing talent in this group! I adore this RP and all of you....

Status
Not open for further replies.