Eragon: The Legacy of the Legend (Spoiler Alert!)

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love your dragon.

Dragons are very large

. Usually thick necks and legs, more often than not they have dozens and dozens of spikes across their necks, backs, and on the muscled wings for defense...

Reason: It is harder to get your jaws around a stocky dragon neck with spikes all across it than a skinny neck...

The bigger you are, the safer you are. Dragons aren't flexible... They can't curl into a ball and attack something that's jumped on their backs so they need spikes to impale anything attacking them FROM the back, especially the jaws of attackers... The soft tissue in the mouth of an attacker would be shredded if they tried to bite down on the back of a dragons armored neck... This makes killing another dragon very difficult.

Usually a dragon will defeat another dragon by biting them underneath their jaw, where the skin is soft and flexible, and there are millions of tiny scales.... The scales there are smaller and more flexible and leather like to allow movement of the jaw and neck. These scales also cover areas such as the armpits and the very middle/underside of the tail. The consistency could be compared to fine chainmail, though the scales (Small in comparison to the armor scales) are still about the size of a broad arrowhead.

Last edited:
I may consider joining but I'm unsure. I'd like a bit more plot info on where our riders stand, and the length of detail we go into as I, as a roleplayer, prefer more lengthy posts and descriptions.

Reactions: Lylith
Ask whatever questions you like. I'll answer and if I can't, let's collaborate!

As stated I'd like to know what I can expect with requirements for length. I've grown out of single line roleplayers a while ago. Not that they're considered childish it's just that I, as a roleplayer, like detailed descriptions of events and the fleshing out of characters in sizable posts. I'm not asking for long page papers but as stated small posts aren't to my taste if I can help it.

As for the plot do we have a designated villain planned? Where do we intend to start off at? What are the limits of our magical powers. Eragon can literally force kill people with his mind. Do we have dragon swords like the ones of old? What's to stop players who chose elves to stop overshadowing the other cast?

A few of those are answered in my OOC thread. I know I should have posted a link, but in editing I overlooked that detail... So here it is! The OOC thread!

OPEN SIGNUPS - Eragon: The Legacy of the Legend - OOC (Spoiler Alert!)

I expect at least two or three paragraphs per post. Detail is important for immersion but if there isn't much but fighting going on feel free to stick to the basics if you're unsure of what's going on or what to say... But remember, you're writing for yourself and your dragon who is also a sentient being... you're writing for TWO characters, so please do not omit one of them too often in your posts unless one or the other is sleeping.

I didn't really touch on magic but here's the thing. You're going to be given a little dictionary as a new rider (I'm using a web resource dictionary for the ancient language) and you will be using those words to form your spells... Part of your OOC job is to make sure your spell is FEASIBLE, and you rIC job is to be imaginative and make sure you have the strength to cast the spell. If you need to ask me privately before you make a post, please feel free... If you saw the spell in Eragon though, or you KNOW without a DOUBT that I will be okay with it, go ahead! Just know that if you make a mistake I will make a GM post and tell you exactly how you done F**** up...

Magic is the only thing I'm really going to be regulating in this RP. I don't like making silly rules at the start if there is no need. I will only make and enforce a rule if the need arises. Like someone tries to learn the name of the ancient language as a first year rider and tries to use it on another student... That's just dumb. No...

DESIGNATED VILLAIN! That is to be revealed at a later date =] I have something, yes. No, I don't think you're going to get bored with it either. And yes... There are some MAJOR plot twists and choices that your riders will have to make later on in the RP if you take the paths I think you will.

Alright give me a bit before I decide a day or so I still need to think of concepts and as for characters two to write for is less than standard to me at this point given sufficient material I handle plenty. Of course I am human and not the Machiavellian sort so I may or may not be able to do it consistently.

I may as well be a renaissance man for all the crap I know how to do. I understand, just do your best and let me know in a day whether or not you want to hop in! =]

I only have one CS so far.

That's fine. Just let me know! I'll start the IC when I get two CS

Status
Not open for further replies.