Eragon: The Legacy of the Legend (Spoiler Alert!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lylith

When the Forever Sleep ends...
Original poster
DONATING MEMBER
LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Posting Speed
  1. Multiple posts per day
Writing Levels
  1. Douche
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Romance, GOT

(WARNING! Spoiler Alerts ahead! If you haven't read the books, please do so before you read further!)

DragonDivider1Cyan_zps1yowjwfr.png

It is ten years after Eragons departure of Alagaesia. After defeating Galbatorix and freeing the world from his oppressive rule, Eragon has taken on the challenge of training the next generation or riders and guiding them as they learn the skills necessary to preside over Alagaesia once more as peacekeepers... To this end he has traveled east, from Hedarth into the lands beyond... From there he discovered that Alagaesia is in fact a large island, and surrounded on all sides by water. However not far across the sea he discovered another land... It is there that he traveled with Saphira and constructed the new home for the Riders.

griffin-watching-over-the-castle-18773-1920x1200_zpsrexngzkk.jpg

Eragon stood atop a lone mountain overlooking a broad valley just inland of where Saphira landed. The mountain was to be his new home... He had fashioned a keep on the side of the mountain with magic, and the help of Saphira and the eldunari. Rock had been liquefied and moved from the inside of the mountain to the outside, creating immense chambers within, and grand precipices on the outside.

DragonDivider1Blue_zpshs5u7fuh.png

Meanwhile back in Alagaesia, a dragon egg has hatched for you... You were chosen by the dragon inside to be a rider and so you were whisked away to the land of the Elves to be trained by Arya, the oldest living Rider, though the last of the original "three" which were held by Galbatorix... After a year of training, your dragon has reached a sufficient size to bear your weight. Thus you have been sent to continue your training with Eragon, the Rider who slew Galbatorix and one of the three riders who knows the true name of the ancient language...

During your stay, you will be refined into what the original Riders were meant to be. Keepers of the peace... To fulfill this role however, you need to be taught the art of war. You must learn the intricacies of the ancient language, and hone your skills with a blade as well as your mind.

DragonDivider1Green_zpsgqkm9nrw.png

Riders Name:

(Appearance)

Race:

Height:

Personality:

Bio:

Dragons Name:

(Appearance / Color)

Approximate Size/Proportions: (Saphira would be considered of medium build. Neither massive, or small. Her proportions are graceful and not bulky. Thorn would be considered medium sized but he is bulky. Size increases with age, but proportions will generally remain the same throughout their lifespan.)

Personality:

DragonDivider1Red_zpspvodkazk.png

Example CS:

Riders Name: Eragon

Race: Human

Height: 5'11

Personality: Eragon is young but his experiences in life have given him wisdom and knowledge beyond his years. He voices his opinions, but only after thinking about them thoroughly and conversing with his partner, Saphira. Sometimes his age shines through though and he can be rash...

Bio: (Copy / Pastes all four books here)

Dragons Name: Saphira Brightscales

Approximate Size/Proportions: Saphira is of medium size. Her growth is respectable but she will continue to grow until the day she or her rider dies. Her proportions are lithe and graceful... She is long, but not overly thin, but neither is she bulky. Her spikes are short, thin, and sharp. Her tail tapers to a beautiful point and does not have any bony protrusions from it or spikes... Her claws are hooked but not serrated like Thorns.
Her wings are broad and long... Perfect for flight, which she is exceptional at.

Personality: Saphira is haughty and considers herself the most beautiful dragon in existence which she very well may be. However, despite this fault, she is also smart and wise as most dragons are. She loves her rider and would gladly lay down her life for Eragon if need be, and she nearly did on one occasion.

DragonDivider1Cyan_zps1yowjwfr.png

Hey there folks!

I'm just posting this interest check to see who wants to be apart of continuing one of my favorite stories! IF you are, just post below. I'll add more information if you guys want me too, but so far this is all I really have. I've only done one other RP similar to this one before and it turned out GREAT but I was writing with VERY experienced writers.

If you have any interest, let me know here or in a PM!

<3

Last edited:
Reactions: Scath
Cool!

If you have any ideas like... "HEY! Wouldn't it be just great if... " Just post them here. I'll add a CS that you can copy paste later and create your rider and dragon if we see more interest! =3

Cool!

If you have any ideas like... "HEY! Wouldn't it be just great if... " Just post them here. I'll add a CS that you can copy paste later and create your rider and dragon if we see more interest! =3
Without a doubt I will think up a few by the time I come back around so no worries. I will pass them your way and all! ^^

• Thank You
Reactions: Lylith
I can't wait!

I want to have at least one more writer before I consider launching the RP so if you have a friend let them know!

I'm game :)

Cool!

I guess I'll start adding details and write up a character sheet you can copy paste!

• Love
Reactions: Shayla
*raises hand* I'm interested! I've done Dragon Riders of Pern rps, so doing an Eragon based one will be fun!

I has some ideas too, but they are definitely non-canon....

Cool! I just updated the initial post so have a look and shoot me a PM with your character sheets!

Can't wait to hear from you guys!

Reactions: Dante
I'm assuming that the main races available to play will be Human and Elves? I don't think the dwarves became riders....I can't remember though...

Scath you can choose any race, including the Urgals. Just pick a race you can RP well... Don't pick an elf if YOU can't be witty like an elf would be... If you're a little straightforward, just RP as a human or an Urgal. Everyone's abilities should be about equal when you first start out. How you approach challenges will be unique to your race and gender and personality.

@chrono I'd rather not have a new RP'er in this one. If you think you can handle it and keep up, please give an example of your writing to me in a PM.

Most likely gonna be an elf

Most likely gonna be an elf
Elves are super cool!

I want to see a little diversity, so I don't want EVERYONE to be an elf. Throw your character ideas at me in a PM and I'll give my opinion and help guide each of you if I need to. I hope you each pick a race that's appropriate for your writing style.

Hmm, human for me then! I could probably play a convincing elf or dwarf...but I'll stick with human. *scuttles off to craft a character sheet*

I'm just finishing up the lore and jotting down some ideas

I've made an OOC here

Please read through it, but DO NOT POST YOUR CS ON THERE ...

Let me approve it in a PM before you post it. I'd like to keep the OOC as clean as possible!

Dragon Claim
1357957906955.jpg

Dragons maintain a very similar appearance to Saphira in the movie, though their colors vary of course, and their plumage (spikes) can vary in length color and thickness.

Dragons are simple in this RP and consistent for two reasons. One, it makes it easy for people to make their dragon partner and it also stays consistent with canon because in the books dragons were very similar. There were no water dragons, or dragons with leaves or bark instead of scales. They were aerodynamic and every scale and spike had a purpose.

Two, no one has a distinct advantage over any other persons dragon. In this we ensure that no one person has a stronger dragon than another and that no one will lose their dragon because of another rider... If I allow one dragon to have incredibly thick scales, or be able to do something special, and the writer decides to abuse that privilege it could ruin the RP.

I don't want to impose rules outside of the use of magic (Which will be the only thing I moderate as GM), so please adhere to canon if you can...

The farthest I'd like to get from that is something akin to the dragon portrayed in this picture below... If possible please use simple descriptions instead of pictures.

EDIT: I just realized that GoT is also a good dragon reference... You can totally use those if you want to... They aren't colorful though, but it's a great reference for the overall look I suppose

Last edited:
Dragons maintain a very similar appearance to Saphira in the movie, though their colors vary of course, and their plumage (spikes) can vary in length color and thickness.

Dragons are simple in this RP and consistent for two reasons. One, it makes it easy for people to make their dragon partner and it also stays consistent with canon because in the books dragons were very similar. There were no water dragons, or dragons with leaves or bark instead of scales. They were aerodynamic and every scale and spike had a purpose.

Two, no one has a distinct advantage over any other persons dragon. In this we ensure that no one person has a stronger dragon than another and that no one will lose their dragon because of another rider... If I allow one dragon to have incredibly thick scales, or be able to do something special, and the writer decides to abuse that privilege it could ruin the RP.

I don't want to impose rules outside of the use of magic (Which will be the only thing I moderate as GM), so please adhere to canon if you can...

The farthest I'd like to get from that is something akin to the dragon portrayed in this picture below... If possible please use simple descriptions instead of pictures.

Is mine ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.