EquinoxSol x RangerKay

Feeling his foot hit something metal, Niko, without removing his gaze from Annabel, knelt down, using one hand to feel around the floor for his handcuffs. His fingertips brushing against the cool metal of his handcuffs, he reached out for them, before straightening, keeping his gun leveled upon her. He knew that there have been no reports about Annabel killing any soldiers, but you never knew, she might change her mind today.

"You know you wanna let me go..." Annabel said, continuing to move backwards slowly. Her hands remained up, seemingly non-threatening. She had some of her acupuncture needles in her boot, but she would have to get to them...then again, the backpack on her back with the pistols in it were her best bet. Only question is...how do I get them?

"Stop moving," Niko stated, keeping his hat down low over his face. Slowly walking towards her, he continued, "And no, I really don't want to let you go." Approaching her, he took one of her wrists, deciding to hell with it, and attempting to handcuff her with one hand, knowing that the moment he took his gun off her, she'd bolt.

"You don't get it!" Annabel fussed as she attempted to yank her wrist away from him. She winced as the handcuffs bit into her skin. Not only had she never been caught before, but she had not been able to persuade him, best him, nor escape from him!

"What am I not getting? I'm doing exactly what my superiors want me to do, capture our great Republic's number one wanted criminal," he said. Grabbing her other hand, he attaches the other handcuff there, never once pointing the gun away from her.

"I need to get some medicine to the slums, you Republic scum!" Annabel attempted to kick him with her feet, growing angrier by the second.

"Stop struggling," he said, frowning. He was keeping his voice level, emotionless. If he didn't harden his heart, then he would have broken down in the face of criminals like Annabel, who claimed they were 'helping' the people. However, he knew, or at least told himself, that they were simply helping themselves or the US.

"No!" Annabel hollered. "I won't stop fighting!" All she could hope for now was that Kenny had escaped. If she was taken, the slums would revolt and her people would die...She struggled even more at the thought, ignoring the cuts and scrapes from the handcuffs. The Republic out-powered them in everything! They had better guns, more ammo, more power at their disposal. Maybe Kenny wouldn't tell the Mother Crow that she was captured, it would save a lot of people.

Niko sighs softly. "You'd have been a good soldier for the Republic," he stated, frowning. "Jeez," he complained, "stop struggling!" Moving her towards the door, wanting to get out in the open as soon as possible, so that he'd be able to accept the glory of bringing in Annabel quicker, he never once took his gun from the small of her back, keeping his expression void of expression.

Annabel continued to struggle, but feeling depression and defeat begin to work its way into her heart as she was dragged towards the door. She kicked out at him every chance she got and attempted to wiggle the pack down towards her hands. If she got the straps at her hands, she could tangle him up in them, right? She wondered.

Once outside, Niko said, "Go over to the large building over there," he told her, gesturing with his free hand towards the main building of the compound. Heading in that direction, the two are stopped by a superior officer.

"Who's this?" the officer asked.

"I caught Annabel," was all he needed to say before the officer, a stunned expression on his face, waved him forwards, smiling slightly.

Annabel allowed him to lead her around, feeling like a lamb for slaughter. "May the tides change to my favor, shadows hide me." She uttered the blessing of theives, not having to have used this once before now. "You are going to rot for this..." She hissed at her captor.

"Care to place a bet on that?" he asked, trying to hold back a smile, knowing that his superiors were looking. Getting into the main building, he led her to an interrogation room, leaving her there while he spoke with the proper officers to secure a register into their systems, so that if she ever escaped, they would be able to find her again. He'd left her handcuffs on, not trusting her to simply go in there quietly if he took them off. Moving to the office adjacent to the interrogation room, where they could watch her through the one-way mirror. There, his CO patted him on the back, smiling. "I didn't think you'd be able to actually do it. Great job."

Annabel twisted, attempting to get at the pack she still had on. "Queen of Shadows and Guardian of Thieves preserve me!" She called out the two deities names. She spat on the floor at her feet, then bit her lip until she drew blood. She continued to fight the handcuffs, ignoring the blood and beginnings of bruising on her wrists.

Mother Crow sat at her bowl of water, listening to Kenny's tale. "I warned her not to attempt it today, the Gods have no power today..."

His CO, seeing what she was doing, told Niko, "Get the bag off of her. If you need to, cut it off," handing him his knife.

"Yes, sir," he responded, opening the door to the interrogation room. He would have to cut off the bag, not wanting to let her arms get free. "Stay still," he told her, grabbing one of the straps of the bag.

Using the knife, he began working away at the strap, until it came free. Disentangling it from her arm, he got to work on the other one.

Annabel held absolutely still, not wanting to risk getting knifed, she wasn't sure if medical assistance would apply to a thief of her caliber. They may just decide to kill her after all. She huffed, having stopped she could feel some blood running down her wrists and into her palms. "You don't know what you're doing..." she said with exhaustion.

"Oh, really?" he asked, still working on the other strap. "And what is it that I'm doing, you who knows so much?" His voice was practically dripping sarcasm, the smile apparent in his voice.

Annabel hung her head in defeat. She knew it was no use, trying to escape. Never before had she felt so helpless, or alone. All she was doing was injuring herself by fighting...after all, how long could someone fight the cruelty of the Republic before succumbing to them? All she could do now was pray it wasn't a grisly death for her. There were rumors all around the slums about the ones that had been forced to work until they had dropped, or had been beaten to death in an interrogation room.

Taking the bag into the office, he set it down on a desk. As one of his superiors began searching through it, he pulled out everything that was in there. There was medicine in the bag, as well as ammo, and other things you would expect to see from a thief. Once the search was through, and Republic property was separated from her things, he was told to begin the interrogation. Given a notepad and a voice recorder, he was sent through the door once more.

Sitting down on the chair across from her, he set down the recorder and the notepad, taking a pen out from a pocket in his uniform. Turning the recorder on, he started immediately. "This is Sub-captain Niko Adney of Republic Squadron 254, interviewing the wanted thief Annabel. Do you have a last name Annabel? State you full name, please."

Annabel glanced up at Niko, at least she knew his name. Maybe after she was dead she could come back and haunt him? For now, she would simply refuse to answer. They may have killed her will to escape, but they did not kill her spirit. She glared at the officer across from her.

She wondered for a moment, was there harm in sharing information? Annabel quickly dashed the thought away. She would die before giving away the secrets of the slums. There was a whole operation that ran in opposition of the Republic that she had to protect. She just prayed that the slums would not rise up to save her.