EquinoxSol x RangerKay

Niko walked into the weapons' warehouse, unaware of the trouble being caused elsewhere. His hair was pushed back into its usual state, and the hat he had was mostly obstructing anyone's view of his face. In any case, he looked very different from earlier. Going towards the back, where his ranks' weapons were, he opened the now-familiar box of small guns. They were more suitable for civilians, really, something you'd store in a purse, but it was the largest thing he could get until he was promoted. Besides, it would be easier to hide, too. Replacing his gun with the new one, sliding it in his holster, he stood back up, sighing slightly before turning back towards the doors.

Annabel froze at the sound of someone else in the warehouse with her. She frowned, everyone should have been distracted by Kenny. He was, after all, one of the slums special prodigies. She continued to hide behind the crate, grateful now that she had changed into her stealth clothes. She tried to keep her pack from shifting and making noise as she peered around a crate.

Whistling to himself, a tuneless song his mother had once hummed to him as a boy, he continued walking, before realizing something. The door...it wasn't locked like it was supposed to be. That either meant that someone had just been stupid and forgot, but it could also mean that someone was in the warehouse with him.

Instantly on guard, Niko got behind a wall, slowly taking out his gun. Silently checking how many rounds he had in it, he hesitantly looked around the wall, trying to see if the worst-case scenario had become the current scenario.

Annabel remained crouched, pulling the pistol out of her boot, she carefully turned the safety off. She had heard the whistling stop, without the door closing. Being a master thief, she was also handy with weapons and knew that if she could get even one shot in she could wound whoever was in here with her. She peered around the crate slowly, so as not to draw attention to herself. Why wasn't her plan working as they normally do?

Niko bit his lip. He tried to tell himself that it was nothing, that some recruit had merely forgotten to lock the door after making a weapons pickup. However, logic fought against him, stating that a recruit wouldn't possibly make a mistake like that. It was enough to get a three month suspension, something the every recruit feared, especially around this time of year; many recruits get promoted into full officers around this time, as they were finally completing the last courses. To postpone it by any amount of time, to many, would be the same as suicide. Not seeing anything around the corner, he crept into the shadows, trying to be as silent as possible.

Annabel cursed her dumb luck. She knew she should have followed the Mother Crow's advice and waited a day...but she needed to get this medicine to her for the kids in the slums. She moved along the exterior of the boxes and towards the gun rack. She did not want to leave without ammo. She hoped that Kenny had gotten to the safe spot they had discussed, but now she knew that the Republic was lenient towards children. That, however, would not save her if she was caught.

Hearing a slight sound to his right, Niko started, instantly swiveling and pointing his gun towards where he had heard the sound, all the while backing into a corner, so that nothing could sneak up behind him. Creeping forwards, after deciding it was nothing, he bumped into a stack of storage pallets, causing a soft scraping sound to echo through the empty warehouse. His eyes flying wide, he tried to find a dark area to hide in, hoping that whoever it was hadn't heard that.

Annabel winced as she heard the scraping sound. Whoever it was was only a few feet away from her. She slunk to a crate that was right by the gun rack. She needed to get some more weapons and then she was out of there. She carefully took off her pack and opened it, putting a few guns and some ammo in here carefully. Closing the pack, she decided she had risked enough. Annabel slung the pack over her shoulder, accidentally hitting the crate with it. A thunk sounded across the warehouse and she raised her pistol, realizing her position was now compromised.

Hearing the thunk, Niko immediately clicked the safety off on his weapon, aiming towards where the sound had originated. Seeing a misplaced shadow, he says, "Hands up, put your weapon down." He knew that by saying anything, he was giving up his position, too, but was speaking low, trying to throw his voice across the room.

Annabel cursed. I don't know how many of them there are...She decided to play it safe and she put her weapon on the ground, then slowly raised her hands. She decided not to call out or make any other noise...if they found out who she was they would shoot her and then the medicine would be useless.

Hearing the sound of a gun being placed on the ground, Niko commanded, "Step forwards into the light, with your hands on your head." Using his free hand, he unhooked his set of handcuffs from his belt, holding them in his hand. He kept his posture straight, his tone commanding, just like they had told him to do in training.

Crap, now I'm in for it...Annabel figured that she had been cursed...there was no other way this mission could have gone bad. She stepped forward into the light, with her hands on her head just as the voice demanded. The pack was still on her back, she refused to take that off...the stuff she had stolen was too precious. Her muscles tensed and she was prepared to use her hand-to-hand to get out of the situation.

Staying past the light, so that whoever it was couldn't see him, Niko went behind her. Stepping forwards, he holsters his gun, knowing that he couldn't put handcuffs on a person with only one hand. When he was able to take them in to processing, they would definitely take the backpack away and search it. Flicking open the handcuffs, he states, "I am arresting you, hear by the Republic Army." Even to him, it sounded redundant, but it was protocol.

"Like shit you are." Annabel dropped to the ground, careful not to hit the backpack. Sweeping her feet around, she leapt to her feet to face the man. There's no way I'm going down without a fight! Those Republic scums can kiss my ass...

Throwing his hands up and over him, catching himself just at the last second, he threw his legs over him, stumbling only a little when he landed on his feet again. Immediately reaching for his gun, he lets his handcuffs fall, no longer caring about whether or not they are hooked onto his belt properly.

Annabel saluted him mockingly, ignoring the gun. "Lookie here, I gotta jet but it was...well, actually quite unpleasant to see you!" She grinned at her own joke.

"I'll shoot," he told her, turning the safety off again. "And I'm one of the most damnedest shots here." He reached up, brushing away several strands of dark-colored hair from his face.

Annabel raised her hands. "Oh really? I thought there were posters that wanted me alive?" She rubbed her chin. "Or maybe that was Mother Crow..." She shrugged. "Either way, you really don't wanna shoot me." She winked at him, hoping there was a chance she could get out of there.

"I don't have to shoot to kill. There's plenty of places on the body where you'd have to be a superhuman to try and run after it." It was then, however, that he finally recognized who it was. Instantly on his guard again, he wished he had brought a radio or something so that he could call for backup. Not taking his gaze off of her, he backed up slightly, feeling along the ground with his foot for his handcuffs.

"AAAhhh, finally figured out who you're dancing with?" Annabel smirked, backing up slowly away from him. "Tsk, tsk...thought maybe you would've had enough brains to figure it out sooner...although, you are Republic scum sooo..." She shrugged, shifting the backpack on her shoulders without notice. If only I could get to a gun, I could get out of here...