EquinoxSol x RangerKay

"It'll be okay," Niko whispered softly to her, careful not to make too much noise.

She looked up, worry evident in her eyes. If he had not kept her quiet....

Niko gave her a soft smile, and was about to give her hand a gentle squeeze, when a bullet shot through the floor next to him. Not being able to hold back a shout, he grabbed her hand and stood quickly. Through the hole made by the bullet, he could briefly see the light grey of the Republic Army's uniform. "They found us," he muttered, his heartrate spiking in fear.

Thomas stood, putting a finger to his lips and pointing them towards a staircase. Annabel clutched Niko tightly, looking around for her daggers. She spotted her pack in the corner where she had left it and picked it up, swinging it over her shoulder. She grabbed his hand, pulling him towards the hidden staircase that led across the tree branches.

Niko followed her, scared out of his mind. He wasn't sure how they had found them, but as more holes were shot in the floor, he realize that he could care less.

Annabel cried out as a bullet clipped her shoulder as it passed through the floorboard and to the roof. She bit her lip, dragging Niko out onto one of the limbs. She stood to the side, letting Thomas pass before to lead them. They would have to be quick, and while no one was quicker than Annabel on the branches, she knew that Thomas knew the way much better. He could lead them to one of the many caves they had.

He almost shouted Again when she got clipped with a bullet. Pushing on, he followed her closely, attempting to dodge as many bullets as possible.

Thomas led them from the first limb to a second, and from there to a third. Before long they were traveling swiftly among the branches. Annabel was clutching her shoulder, following with determination.

Niko was extremely wobbly on the branches, but adrenaline--or was it fear?--kept him from falling. Every stray sound he heard were sounds of pursuit, at least to him. Whispering a prayer to whatever god that would listen, he tried to follow Annabel's exact path.

Thomas took several different paths, making it hard for the pursuers to follow. Annabel was limping around and clutching at her shoulder to keep the blood from leaving a trail that could be followed.

Trying not to stumble, Niko prayed his years of military training would keep his stamina from depleting.

Thomas finally ushered them into a cave that was on the side of a cliff. He walked in, Annabel stumbling in after.

Placing his hands on her shoulders to steady her, Niko helped her further into the cave, worried about her

She sighed as she felt him pushing her further into the cave. Thomas motioned towards some blankets in the back, yanking Annabel towards them and shoving her down onto one. "Niko, do you know anything about medicine?"

Niko stuttered as he said, "Just what we were taught at basic...I don't...I mean, I could maybe do stitches, if I had everything for it..."

Annabel grumped at Thomas. "Gosh, I can see to myself Thomas!" She pushed him away, pointing towards a small cabinet built into the back of the cave. "Just get me the medicine kit."

Thomas grabbed the kit, "Remember how well you handled your leg? Niko, will you help me with her?"

Annabel sat with mouth agape as she stared at him. "Thomas, you can't be serious!"

Niko paled a little before nodding, moving to Annabel's side. "Right," he said, telling himself he was ready.

Annabel glared at Niko. "I'm fine." She growled out, ripping the shoulder off of her shirt to expose the blood covered wound.

Thomas rolled his eyes, bringing the medical kit to her side. "I'm impressed you haven't passed out yet." He said honestly.