Epic Disney: Reclaim the Magic Kingdom!

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the most part, areas similar to their own will be known.

For example, everyone knows of Cinderella Castle/Toon Town/Disneyland. Its the capital of the world.

A place like Halloween Town, however, would be lesser known because its so far off the radar from the other animation styles. Same goes with live action stuff like Jack Sparrow or the Muppets. Unless properly exposed to them, nobody would know about them.

Basically, its up to you to decide if they've heard of certain stuff. Only characters like Mickey, Belle, or Tinkerbell would know the entire world (because they spend so much time at the castle and greet new people as new worlds show up)

@Sora1297
Can I be Mulan?

Go right ahead!

Wow, I did not expect this many Disney Princesses xD

GENDER EQUALITY FTW!

Also, whoever asked about characters like Peter Pan, Prince Adam (Beast) or even somebody like Mushu, they can be NPC's that help out in the background, or accompany your character if you wish.

I have Yen-Sid and Merlin assisting Mickey, but they'll stay behind in the starting area and provide magical assistance when they're needed.

I give a tentative Aye.

There will have to be strange and slightly forced back stories to get Tink to go to a random Easter celebration without Peter, Belle to go without Adam (the Beast), and Aleu to go at all if she's leading a wolf pack....

Also, how much knowledge to the characters have on each other and their worlds? As in, would they be weirded out by talking skeletons in a town called Halloween Town? Do they even know it exists?

That's actually a really good worldbuilding point.

Being Disneyland, a lot of this can be just handwaved without seeming too out of sorts for a Disney-themed setting.

I rather like the idea of the worlds/lands/kingdoms being separate.

You have precedence with Nightmare Before Christmas.

I can see certain characters knowing about the existence of other worlds (Jack Skellington, Peter Pan, Tinkerbell, Maleficint, Mr. Fallcier, Horned King, Chernabog, Yen-Sid, Merlin, Mickey Mouse - basically anoyone who has explicitly jumped around the Disneyverse or who'd have access to both power and knowledge), and everyone else just getting yanked to Cinderella Castle in a true "lol, whut" moment.

Presumably, language barriers will be rectified/handwaved given there's magic involved, too.

The nice thing about settings with an elastic sense of physics and laws of nature is that physics and the laws of nature are bendy.

EDIT: I liked RareSecret's post because she selected Mulan. We need more badass normals on this team!

• Thank You
Reactions: Ravenbelle
Understood.

So maybe Tink would go as a sort of formality or something of the sort, but I'm struggling as to why certain characters would go to some easter celebration in a widely unknown world. Especially Aleu. Or some of these characters without their counterparts. Like Anna without Kristoff...
Just...I dunno how I'd get Aleu there in the first place. It's too...forced.

No, they're not getting yanked to Cinderella Castle.

MICKEY, YEN-SID AND MERLIN, are getting sent to the GROUP'S LOCATION.

If you are in Halloween Town, Mickey's coming to you, not the other way around.

• Thank You
Would the characters who WOULDNT necessarily know about other others (Anna, Elsa, et al) even NEED to be at the Easter Party?

They could be doing their own thing on their own worlds.

Sora mentioned that Mickey would just teleport needed heroes. He didn't necessarily say they all had to be in the same place....

EDIT: And Sora posted literally a second after me, clarifying a lot of things.

• Thank You
OOOOOH.

I guess i didn't read some things correctly...oops sorry!

So what. Characters are going about their normal routines and they poof away with no warning?

Would the characters who WOULDNT necessarily know about other others (Anna, Elsa, et al) even NEED to be at the Easter Party?

They could be doing their own thing on their own worlds.

Sora mentioned that Mickey would just teleport needed heroes. He didn't necessarily say they all had to be in the same place....

EDIT: And Sora posted literally a second after me, clarifying a lot of things.

Well, I imagine that Jack would be like "HELLO FRIENDS! COME TO MY WORLD FOR A CELEBRATION! YOURE ALL WELCOME, LOLZ BYE!" And then run off to another world. They'd probably have to send Mickey to calm him down xD

Think of it as sort of a mixer: where people who don't know each other are suddenly thrown into a place that is unfamiliar to most of them.

Okay, you guys are getting confused.

What I was originally suggesting, was that all of YOU, yes, YOU, are at Halloween Town for a Celebration.

Mickey, ONLY MICKEY, is not there. He's over at Cinderella Castle when it gets attacked. After he escapes the attack, he and the wizards teleport to Halloween Town.

Everybody in Halloween Town, will be shocked that he's arrived and brings news of a horrible villain uprising.

Not sure if you guys thought that the wizards were going to teleport EVERYBODY to one place from all over, but we could do that. Only question for this option, is where are they being teleported TO?

I popped open a website about the Disney Animated Canon and what properties go in it.

I totally forgot about Treasure Planet.

Treasure Planet - Didn't Jim Hawkins get fanshipped with a TON of Disney Princesses in fanfics? Must be the flippy hair and the navy uniform at the end.

I had no idea they wanted to make the Wizard of Oz into an animated film.

Disney wanted to to MORT (the book of freaking DISCWORLD fame) into a Disney film.

Chanticleer (the rooster from Rock A Doodle) was supposed to get a sequel.

Great Mouse Detective - Basil of Baker Street would be the other Smart Guy on this team. His Sherlock Scan abilities with Mulan's ability to wipe out armies with a rocket? BAD. ASS.

Wreck-It-Ralph - Perhaps even stronger than Quasimodo.

Atlantis the Lost Empire - Can anyone ELSE see this location (hidden underground, secret kingdom, citizens are immortal, uses powerful magitek technology) being a great base of operations to launch a rebellion again the Horned King?

Tarzan - Another badass normal, though probably more of the jack of all trades type (good strength, agility, and cleverness, if lacking in formal education) compared to Mulan's brains, Quasimodo's strength, and Aladdin's agility and cleverness.

So many things I learned today!

• Love
I popped open a website about the Disney Animated Canon and what properties go in it.

I totally forgot about Treasure Planet.

Treasure Planet - Didn't Jim Hawkins get fanshipped with a TON of Disney Princesses in fanfics? Must be the flippy hair and the navy uniform at the end.

I had no idea they wanted to make the Wizard of Oz into an animated film.

Disney wanted to to MORT (the book of freaking DISCWORLD fame) into a Disney film.

Chanticleer (the rooster from Rock A Doodle) was supposed to get a sequel.

Great Mouse Detective - Basil of Baker Street would be the other Smart Guy on this team. His Sherlock Scan abilities with Mulan's ability to wipe out armies with a rocket? BAD. ASS.

Wreck-It-Ralph - Perhaps even stronger than Quasimodo.

Atlantis the Lost Empire - Can anyone ELSE see this location (hidden underground, secret kingdom, citizens are immortal, uses powerful magitek technology) being a great base of operations to launch a rebellion again the Horned King?

Tarzan - Another badass normal, though probably more of the jack of all trades type (good strength, agility, and cleverness, if lacking in formal education) compared to Mulan's brains, Quasimodo's strength, and Aladdin's agility and cleverness.

So many things I learned today!

XD yeah, Treasuee Planet was quite forgettable. Only thing we got from it was Jim, who was basically the 2000's equivelent of Flynn.

But don't worry, we'll get into more locations depending on what villains we go through.

I realt like where this is going! I wish I had something cobstructive to add, but I don't... Yet...

You've got DISNEY MAGIC! :D

Okay, that's only good for the IC.

I'm sorry I'm still confused. All of us, not mickey, gets randomly teleported to Halloween town where I assume they all go (where am i? how do I get home? Who did this? meep!) and then Mickey shows up for another "What just happened" moment, everyone can suddenly talk to each other and Mickey tells all heroes that theyre gonna save the world(s)?

a bit chaotic...

Um also, I quite like the Idea of Atlantis being a good base for rebellion

Okay Raven. What's happening is by choice, your characters have gone to Halloween Town for some kind of Holiday-Knock Off celebration. You've travelled on your own means from your individual worlds, wanting to learn more about the expanded Disney universe.

Mickey is the only one teleported there where its a "wth?" Moment

• Thank You
I know, right! We'd be all like:

<After trudging away from a battle we lost handily>
Elsa: What do we do now?
Flynn: Well, I do know this guy out of London. His name's Milo. He can totally shack us up, keep us hidden a night or two, until Gaston's goons leave town.
--Later--
Milo: Oh, I know a place where you can hide.
--Much later, one submersible trip to Atlantis later--
Princess Kida: Welcome to Atlantis, the Lost Empire.
All: <looking at all the pretty lights> Whoaaaaaaaaaaa.

Hmmm.....okay. I GUESS most of these heroes would go just to learn about the Disneyverse. They're all leaders. They'll consider it essential knowledge or whatever. Good enough excuse to go by choice?

Mickey: Well, I'll be! So this is the lost city of Atlantis! Golly, this is just swell!

Milo: Does he always talk like this?

Flynn: Unfortunatly, yes

Mickey: Watch it, buddy. I'm still your boss.

• Love
Hmmm.....okay. I GUESS most of these heroes would go just to learn about the Disneyverse. They're all leaders. They'll consider it essential knowledge or whatever. Good enough excuse to go by choice?

*nods*

At least those who need to learn more such as Aleu. Tinkerbell would already know about a lot of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.