Epic Crossover IC - Madripoor

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Well. What some of you seek, I think the pink girl is less than enthusiastic about this idea"
"Hey, I'm standing right here you know!" She hesitated, looking down. "Sitting, whatever. You get what I mean. The name's not pink girl, it's Gwen Poole with a silent e at the end."

There was an awkward silence and then Ares shrugged.

"Well, only one way to find out."​
"Naturally...but will you like what you find?"

Sam tried to focus on the girl in pink, to get secrets... This was... crazy interesting. She literally had no filter. It was like she was give-no-fucks about the entire world. Solipsism be damned, this girl really didn't have any major secrets. That was...

Odd.

Refreshingly odd. If she weren't so crazy she'd be the perfect type for him to date, because she never had any secrets he'd accidentally get.

He followed along, intrigued by her - and as a sideline, this mysterious quest they were going on. That was almost a non-starter in comparison.

@C.T. @Gands @Ringmaster @Schnee Corp Lawyer
" Yes sir " The boy popped up heading off to the tunnels at a brisk pace.

Meanwhile, back at the oddly ornate silver box.

" I am certain there won't be any issue Sammo ". The young archeologist insisted.

" Young man, if you touch that thing without the proper precautions, you will be hurt ".

@Michale CS @Schnee Corp Lawyer @C.T. @Ringmaster
Off they went then. And lightly, Ares followed after in the tunnel and waited at the bottom of the smugglers ladder, to help the ladies descend.

Whatever his real job, he was not a savage at least.

@Gands @Michale CS @Schnee Corp Lawyer @C.T.
"And bravely we go...heh heh." She laughed nervously. "As a good man once said, bravery is by far the kindest word for stupidity. Great show. You know, I'm just really hoping this is like...the Wand of Watoomb or the Book of the Vishanti. Heaven, Allah and Chuck Norris forbid it's the Casket of Ancient Winters cuz that would really suck. Like...a lot. Or anything that belongs to Dormammu or Mephisto. One more day...eugh. Worst curse."

@Ringmaster @Schnee Corp Lawyer @Gands @Michale CS

The many adventures of these brave, intrepid heroes would be enough to fill several volumes.

Actually no, it was a very sedate and somewhat safe walk. Though eventually, they'd come over to the site in question.

@Gands @Over to you to GM this part @C.T. @Schnee Corp Lawyer @Michale CS

As our heroes turned the corner, they found the young archeologist smoking a cigarette with the older bodyguard sitting in a chair between the younger man and a large rather oddly shaped silver box.

" Who are you people ? Kid, who the hell are these people ?" Exclaimed the frustrated archeologist.

At this point, the older man stood up and bowed to Ares. " I am Sammo, licensed Bodyguard from the guild of bodyguards Sir". With another bow, Sammo stood out of the way and dragged the young archeologist out of the way.

"No no.. it's my find, you cant take it from me" The young archeologist is struggling with his bodyguard .

The oddly dimensioned silver box is about 4 feet wide, ten feet deep and with a curved front, five feet tall.
There is scrawled elegantly on its surface a series of writings, done in three languages, Sanskrit, Mongolian and Mandarin. There are 12 locks along its front that seem to be a series of combinations numbered 1-12.

For those of you that can tell, the box is enchanted.

@Ringmaster @Michale CS @Schnee Corp Lawyer @C.T.

The oddly dimensioned silver box is about 4 feet wide, ten feet deep and with a curved front, five feet tall.
There is scrawled elegantly on its surface a series of writings, done in three languages, Sanskrit, Mongolian and Mandarin. There are 12 locks along its front that seem to be a series of combinations numbered 1-12.
"I can make out Mandarin on there, but the rest... past me." Sam looks over toward the Archeologist. "So, you have any clue what this box is or what might be inside?" It didn't matter what he said, Sam would get any secrets he was keeping about the box. Not that he'd immediately share them, but... hey, just in case there was an ancient evil in there like the girl in pink and white kept rambling about.

@Schnee Corp Lawyer @C.T. @Ringmaster @Gands

"I can make out Mandarin on there, but the rest... past me." Sam looks over toward the Archeologist. "So, you have any clue what this box is or what might be inside?" It didn't matter what he said, Sam would get any secrets he was keeping about the box. Not that he'd immediately share them, but... hey, just in case there was an ancient evil in there like the girl in pink and white kept rambling about.
"Is it dangerous?"​
DT3GkzA.jpg

"Haven't you been listening to me??? Of course it's dangerous, numbskull! It's in a giant silver box with a bunch of old languages inscribing it and no less than a dozen lock thingys. A box deep in the smuggler tunnels of a city of crime!!! If this was a horror movie, I swear you'd be the first to go just from ignorance of the rules! Then again...horror might throw a curveball and take out the most genre savvy character first so the rest are screwed. Thankfully(hopefully) this isn't a horror movie." Gwen paused.

"It is probably cursed." She scratched the back of her head. "I do have a mage on my payroll. Standard D&D stuff. The fighter, the mage and the rogue. I could try to call her, have her join us. She's...a bit out there though, y'know? But if she can help us out?"

@Gands @Ringmaster @Michale CS @Schnee Corp Lawyer

• Love
Reactions: Michale CS
As our heroes turned the corner, they found the young archeologist smoking a cigarette with the older bodyguard sitting in a chair between the younger man and a large rather oddly shaped silver box.

" Who are you people ? Kid, who the hell are these people ?" Exclaimed the frustrated archeologist.

At this point, the older man stood up and bowed to Ares. " I am Sammo, licensed Bodyguard from the guild of bodyguards Sir". With another bow, Sammo stood out of the way and dragged the young archeologist out of the way.

"No no.. it's my find, you cant take it from me" The young archeologist is struggling with his bodyguard .

@Ringmaster @Michale CS @Schnee Corp Lawyer @C.T.
"I can't make heads or tails of it myself."

Ares said cheerfully before adding.

"Is it dangerous?"

@Michale CS @Gands @C.T. @Schnee Corp Lawyer
DT3GkzA.jpg

"Haven't you been listening to me??? Of course it's dangerous, numbskull! It's in a giant silver box with a bunch of old languages inscribing it and no less than a dozen lock thingys. A box deep in the smuggler tunnels of a city of crime!!! If this was a horror movie, I swear you'd be the first to go just from ignorance of the rules! Then again...horror might throw a curveball and take out the most genre savvy character first so the rest are screwed. Thankfully(hopefully) this isn't a horror movie." Gwen paused.

"It is probably cursed." She scratched the back of her head. "I do have a mage on my payroll. Standard D&D stuff. The fighter, the mage and the rogue. I could try to call her, have her join us. She's...a bit out there though, y'know? But if she can help us out?"

"Hrmm" Asaki pulled a small slip of paper from her satchel, a series of kanji written in elegant handwriting and ink that she carefully placed near the box. She closed her eyes and concentrated as one hand touched the seal and the held a sign near her chest. The paper faintly glowed for a moment before she nodded and took a few steps back.

"...This is not what I was hoping it was. But I can say for sure that there are arcane energies infused either to the box itself or what is within. Thankfully for you all, I can-"

Wait.

She was about to say that she could summon help right here and now, a powerful spirit who could handle even the most potent of curses and spells to safely open the box.

Except she'd already summoned him today.... to dry her clothes earlier e_e

"...I can... safely say that it might be dangerous." Is how she eventually finished that sentence.

@Gands @Ringmaster @Michale CS @C.T.

" That's it ! None of you people know any more that I do "! Exclaimed the young archeologist, who twisted out of the grip of his bodyguard to rush the silver box.

He dashed around the young woman to place himself in front of the twelve locks, starting to wind them about one by one.

Even as our heroes, caught off guard as they were, started to react...The once young man started to grey and wrinkle.

@Michale CS @Ringmaster @C.T. @Schnee Corp Lawyer

"Shut the hell up, you ☠☠☠☠." Elsa growled as once more the vampire she caught squealed through the gag in its mouth. "Bad enough I didn't get to kill you, don't make it unbearable with your whining." As much as she would have liked to just shoot it in the skull and be done with it, the job specifically asked for it to be delivered alive. That was only marginally more difficult, but infinitely more annoying. A pair of handcuffs, adamantium laced. Not exactly the cheapest stuff, but well worth it.

If nothing else, for the sheer hatred emanating out from the vamp's eyes as she shoved it forward, both hands and feet restrained tightly. If looks could kill...she'd be on the express train to the afterlife. "Why they want you alive is beyond me, but that's family love for you. Bunch of sentimental bs. Track down a vamp halfway across the world to contain it and hope for a cure. Only cure a bloodsucker needs is a bullet between the eyes." She mimed a finger gun, aimed exactly there as she glared intensely.

"But ammo and guns aren't cheap and they're paying, so..." She lowered her hand and stepped up to the door of their destination. "Ground rules. 1. You sit next to me. 2. You don't make a sound or a move without my approval. 3.You try to escape? I put a bullet in you before you shuffle your sorry ass halfway across the room. Non-lethally, natch. We have a couple hours till the discussed transport arrives to pick your damn ass up, and I'd like to have a few drinks free from whining vampires." Elsa grabbed it by the collar, pulling it behind her as she pushed through the door. As expected, almost no one inside turned to look at the two new arrivals as she made her way to the bar and pushed the vamp onto the stool seat at the far end. "Struise special: darkest night." She ordered from the bartender.

Welcome to Madripoor, capital city of not giving a ☠☠☠☠.​

"...I can... safely say that it might be dangerous." Is how she eventually finished that sentence.​
Instantly her hand was upright, pointing at Asaki. "Yeah, you see! She agrees with me, this thing is likely--"

" That's it ! None of you people know any more that I do "! Exclaimed the young archeologist, who twisted out of the grip of his bodyguard to rush the silver box.

He dashed around the young woman to place himself in front of the twelve locks, starting to wind them about one by one.

Even as our heroes, caught off guard as they were, started to react...The once young man started to grey and wrinkle.
"...........Oh."

9xs4ag0.jpg

Were she more focused, she might have said "look I told you so, even the locks are dangerously cursed" but she was way too freaked out by the rapid reverse Benjamin-Buttoning going on in front of her.

"Well. Problem solved."

Ares said cheerfully as he leaned against the wall.

Saved them the trouble of removing a nuisance and he called Sammo over.

"Here's some cash. Go to the Princess Bar, have a drink on me and please inform Mamma Seraph that all is in hand."

@Gands @Michale CS @C.T. @Schnee Corp Lawyer

Of note, the crazed and now deceased archeologist did complete all twelve locks before collapsing into a pile of dust.

Sammy the licensed bodyguard, with permission takes the remains and clothing of the young man as he heads back to the inn.

The silver box has a tiny vertical crack on the front.

@Ringmaster @Michale CS @C.T. @Schnee Corp Lawyer

@Michale CS @Ringmaster @C.T. @Schnee Corp Lawyer
Instantly her hand was upright, pointing at Asaki. "Yeah, you see! She agrees with me, this thing is likely--"

"...........Oh."

9xs4ag0.jpg

Were she more focused, she might have said "look I told you so, even the locks are dangerously cursed" but she was way too freaked out by the rapid reverse Benjamin-Buttoning going on in front of her.

"Well. Problem solved."

Ares said cheerfully as he leaned against the wall.

Saved them the trouble of removing a nuisance and he called Sammo over.

"Here's some cash. Go to the Princess Bar, have a drink on me and please inform Mamma Seraph that all is in hand."

@Gands @Michale CS @C.T. @Schnee Corp Lawyer
Of note, the crazed and now deceased archeologist did complete all twelve locks before collapsing into a pile of dust.

Sammy the licensed bodyguard, with permission takes the remains and clothing of the young man as he heads back to the inn.

@Ringmaster @Michale CS @C.T. @Schnee Corp Lawyer
Asaki didn't notice the crack in the box, or hear Ares' indifference or Gwen's shock. She was too busy staring at the pile of dust in mild shock. It wasn't that she had a great fear of death, not with what she did. But just... wow. That was an awful way to go.

...she wondered if she could even channel a spirit that died by turning to dust o_0

@Ringmaster @Michale CS @C.T. @Gands

"That seems... summarily bad, to me." Sam replied. It was like something out of those movies where the Nazis tried stealing some sacred artifact or another.

He did step back toward the door, just to be on the safe side. He rather liked being the age he was.

@C.T. @OrlandoBloomers @Schnee Corp Lawyer @Ringmaster @Gands

Asaki didn't notice the crack in the box, or hear Ares' indifference or Gwen's shock. She was too busy staring at the pile of dust in mild shock. It wasn't that she had a great fear of death, not with what she did. But just... wow. That was an awful way to go.

...she wondered if she could even channel a spirit that died by turning to dust o_0​
"That seems... summarily bad, to me." Sam replied. It was like something out of those movies where the Nazis tried stealing some sacred artifact or another.

He did step back toward the door, just to be on the safe side. He rather liked being the age he was.
"YES YES VERY BAD, MUCH UNSAFE, SUCH CURSED! WE SHOULD DEFINITELY TURN AROUND YEP YEP!"

Gwen looked like she was about to try and forcefully push people away, regardless if she actually could or not. For a slim white girl, she was going to try her damnedest to save them all from the horrible fate that--
Jaqueline Rao Burton
" Hello " ?

" Do I hear voices ? Dear God, let there be voices ! "

You can hear the voice of a woman, a younger woman, with a distinct British - Indian Accent.
"...........................................................................Samantha Traynor?"

As he opens the heavy doors of the box and the light finally shines into the dark interior everyone who looks sees quite a sight.

A dark skinned woman, bound by a silver chain, that looks very dainty but seems to be wound very tight around her. She is seated on a small platform within the box. At her feet and covering the floor of the box at a depth of 4 inches or so, silver coins.. man silver coins. At the back of the box, an outfit of some sort that is only barely visible from the front. She is wearing the remains of an outfit, covering just barely the necessities.

" Oh My, thank God for you sir, thank God indeed "

@Michale CS @Schnee Corp Lawyer @Ringmaster @C.T.

Status
Not open for further replies.