Empty Bottles

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Thirteen is an unlucky number. You hit the loser's jackpot. Well done," Cassia replied sarcastically, he clearly got on her nerves, and all she could think about was whether detention ended soon or not. The whole thing annoyed her. Basically, she was gifting him a mission accomplished without even knowing it. It was a strange coincidence that her homework was on Macbeth. Bad omens were more her mother's thing. Her face showed a little frown as, as if he could read her mind, her dad called. Again. It made the same noise but in Cassia's head it got louder, and for a moment, she forgot it was her phone and almost yelled for someone to answer their damn mobile. She sighed. Was she really going to use up her energy to pick up a phone? The answer was yes. Yes she was.

She stood up, took the phone (to the teacher's relief) and, upon reaching her desk, answered it. A blur of fast words from her dad were blurted out, and it was a bit fustrating that the only part she understood was asking Cassia to come home. It was obvious by the scowl on her face, "Umm...yeah, okay, I'll be home real soon," and she tried to hear the many words spurting from the other end, "Yeah? I guess so? Listen, dad, I'm super busy doing...stuff. So, err, bye." She hung up and reminded herself to get a proper smartphone that she could turn off properly with the click of a button. "Don't even dare say anything," she muttered under her breath as her eyes met Maxwell's creepy smile.

• Love
Reactions: Wicked
106k0ow.jpg

The corner of his mouth nudged in amusement to her instant comeback. Just when he had thought she was starting to bore him, she actually quipped something sarcastic. And his sense of humor approved the casual insults and her dry tone, instead of getting offended. It made him want to provoke her further, to play around, to tease. If she thought she was getting anywhere with her reactions being like that, she was actually intriguing him more. Max was finding her entertaining, and even if he was not quite ready to admit it, interesting. She was not like the girls he knew, the ones that would bow their heads in fear or shut up, unable to come with anything back. No, this one had a spine, and she was doing good job fending for herself against him. It was new and refreshing.

Again, her phone rang. It was ringing awfully lot, which was starting to raise questions and suspicion. Even the wig wearing baldy was starting to be uncomfortable by its constant ringing that demanded attention. Did she had a jealous lover or something? Overprotective parent? When she stood up and walked to teacher's desk to answer it -- with a permission of a relieved gaze from the teacher -- the way she talked, speaking about home, Max decided it was a parent. Maybe they were angry or something, why else would a parent be bombaring their daughter's phone like that? In his case, whenever his old man tried to call him like that, he was always angry, or wanted him to get him beer or cigarettes or something. The best way was to simply not answer, since Max knew that there was no point listening to his angry drunken slurs over the phone, when he could avoid it. And listened he them or not, he would get his ass handed to him at home either way in most cases. So her case was very curious indeed, though not very interesting to think about further than a minute or so. Why she even bothered to answer, was beyond him.

"Wasn't going to." Max simply shot back. The earlier smile was still lingering on his lips, but it was only a ghost now. "None of my business."

And he was serious. It was none of his business. Max could be really irritable, rude and outright annoying, but even he drew a line somewhere, and that was to stay out of someone else's family disputes. Because God knows he would appreciate it this courtesy was given back to him when needed. Sympathy was last thing he wanted himself, and that is what Max figured others did not want either.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Cassia's jaw very nearly dropped. It took a hell lot of willpower for it to not to. She was actually pretty pleased with herself that he didn't have anything to say. She must've got a point across. One hour. I've got one hour to get home. Hmm. I've got two classes. Rest of lunch. I could go home for a few minutes and come back or is that just going to get me in more trouble? I can't pretend to be ill because he will worry about me... she thought to herself. That is, until her mind wandered back to Maxwell. His smile freaked her out quite a bit. "Do you do that to everybody, like, because you look like you're going to murder someone?" she eventually asked, and she was actually interested in the answer. She knew he wasn't a murderer - or at least she hoped he wasn't - since people were pretty unpredictable at times. Except from her parent. He was extremely predictable. The phone rang again. "Honestly?" she sighed to herself. "Dad, what part of I'm busy...what? I can't understand you?" He seemed to be crying on the other end. "I can't, I've got school. I, no. No, I can't. Listen to me. Listen! I'm...ugh." She was quieter, but it was still loud enough. If he called again, she was actually going to decline the call. She'd feel terrible though. Stupid morals.

106k0ow.jpg

Max almost laughed at her expression. She looked like a deer in the headlights! Instead of that, he hid his quiet chuckle behind his hand and looked away, which did the trick. From his right he could hear her sit down again, and after a brief silence between them, she inquired something from him straight-forwardly. The sharp amber eyes turned to study her again, leaning his mouth into the palm of his hand. He had gotten questions similar to hers before in the past; 'Why do you frown so much?' 'Why do you look so gloomy all the time? Did someone die?' Or demands related to that; 'Stop looking at your elders like that.' 'Your glare is freaking your classmates out, do something about that.'

"What? It's my face. Sorry it was born like that." Max retorted, not actually sounding like he was very much sorry at all. But she did not have time to listen to him, because she got distracted again.

And again with the phone. She was starting to sound distressed, and the frown appearing between her eyebrows did not suit her. Well, not at least when it was not there because of him. It bothered Max, even though he was not entirely sure why. And before he could think better of it, Max reached out to try and snatch the phone from her hands. If she did not know how to deal with annoying parents, he would show her an example.​

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: OlympusBlood
"It was a query, godness sake," she muttered at his suspected form of being offended. He tried to take the phone, and for some strange reason, she let him. Partially because her dad had already hung up. It was a shock to her, and she supposed he must have become tired of Cassia explaining herself. "What are you doing?" she asked, but she didn't bother to take it. Mostly because he was taller than her, stronger than her, and smarter than her, but also because she was rather interested in what was going to happen. What was so important he had to take her phone? She watched him carefully. If he was going to smash it, Cassia was pretty sure she'd have to murder him. Probably merciless.

The phone rang, and she flinched, because she knew who it was but she no longer had the phone, he did. Why on earth did I give him that practically? I let him snatch it and now my dad's calling and I can't...argh.

• Bucket of Rainbows
106k0ow.jpg

After snatching the phone, Max sat back on his seat and threw his feet on the desk casually. The bald teacher gave him a silent, disapproving glare, but the boy pretended like he did not see it. The girl questioned him, which was probably only normal in such a situation. "Waiting." Max simply answered, not caring to elaborate further as he stared at the phone's screen. In fact, Max was just as surprised of his impulsive action as she was, even though he was fully aware what he was going to do. But the question was the same inside his head; 'Yeah, man. What are you doing? This doesn't concern you.'

But it was too late now. The phone was on his hands already. And if he had counted correctly, the call should come again in three, two, one...

And it did. Max answered it without any hesitation and lifted the phone to press to his ear. A man's hectic voice was on the other end, but the boy did not seem to care about that, not knowing nor understanding what was the man's problem. It did not matter because he was being a problem. To her, and to him. He let the girl's father ramble on for couple of seconds, and when there was a moment the man took a breather, Max finally cut in.

"Hello, this is your daughter's classmate." Max said with calm voice, which had bit of an arrogant edge to it. The man on the other end of the phone fell silent, surprised of the lower male voice speaking instead of his daughter's. "I would like to inform you that your daughter is quite busy right at this very moment," he continued on, studying his fingernails indifferently, and then dropping it, "we're having a hot lunch date at this very moment, and it would be a shame for you to ruin my chances, I'm sure you understand," Max informed the man with a feigned cheerfulness in his voice, and pushed further before the father on the other side would manage to collect himself and realize what he was saying, "So if you wouldn't mind, please don't call again today. I'll be taking very good care of her for you, sir. Good day!"

And with that, Max hung up. During the whole call, he did not even flinch, nor did he look like he was regretful nor embarrassed. Rather than that, he was wearing a slightly cocky smile as he completely turned off her phone before sliding it back to her over the table's surface. Then the blond boy leaned back on his chair, yawned and stretched, acting like that did not just happen at all.

Cassia closed her eyes. It's okay, Cass, call him back. Count to three. Don't strangle anyone. Come on. It's no big deal. He won't be too upset. Her inside meditation failed. "Why did you do that?" she began calmly, picking up the phone and beginning to type a message. That was not my boyfriend. I don't have a boyfriend. It's okay, you can call, but I can't come home till school has ended so just don't worry. "Why did you do that?" she repeated after a second, getting less calm. "Do you know to start with, how angry he will be? And then scared? And then sad? And eventually won't speak to me for a week again?" she blew, letting off steam to the extent she was shouting. "Do you? That's my dad, you...why am I bothering? You're so stupid!" She was actually nervous about going home. It was bad enough he often didn't know what he was on about, now she'd get the cold shoulder. It wasn't like she could just hang out with someone else either. She was honestly slightly disgusted. Well, she would be, to question an adult went against everything she had even been taught. She slid the book off the table in frustration, and put her head in her hands. Why the hell had he said they were on a date, because that was a bad move, like, a really bad move. She sighed, she couldn't be dealing with this.

106k0ow.jpg

She was getting frantic. Max looked at her from the corner of his eye, recognizing her behavior and slowly it started dawning on him. The way she was acting was not quite normal. She was far more worried about it than she should be, and some would say, overreacting. But he started to get it. He was like that once too, when he was younger, and his mother had just tried to commit suicide the first time. He had been fumbling around her, worried, trying to take care of her, when it should have been the other way around. She had let him down again. The older Max got, the more he had started to realize that it should not be like that. The roles reversed. So he had started to try and distance himself from his mother, who was just mostly sleeping at the house, rarely out of the bedroom. But he still worried either way, even when he tried not to.

"...Because us kids shouldn't be the ones taking care of our parents." Max said, now all smiles gone as he leaned his head back and stared at the ceiling. He did not mind about her practically blowing up on him, it was something he had considered as a possibility to happen when he did what he did. And then, saved by the bell, the signal that the detention ended was there. Kicking his feet down again, Max picked up his backpack from the floor and stood up, walking past the girl; but before he did, he ruffled her hair. "You should let go and let them take care of their own shit for once, they're definitely big enough to do that. Go and be a teenager, aight? You look like you could need a day off."

It was a word of advice, not sympathy. Understanding, encouragement, or something like that. Max was not entirely sure why he bothered in the first place, but there was just something in her he could not seem to be able to leave alone. Maybe it was like looking in the mirror and seeing himself as an elementary schooler, trying to take care of his mom. He knew that would eat her from inside out alive eventually, and she would need to try to... live with it the best way possible she could. To him it was trying to not to care about anything, and joke about everything like nothing mattered. Even when he did not feel like it. Especially when he did not feel like it. She was going to hate his guts for sure, but that was alright. It was nothing he was not used to already. Max made his way out of the classroom, wondering if he could catch maybe a sandwich from the cafeteria quickly before the next class.

Reactions: OlympusBlood
Jason looked over to the girl. His other finger loosely tied against hers as they slowly laced together. His voice was soft and shy again, how they took a big step from acquaintances to holding hands. Or, fingers, rather. He looked down and bit his lip, worried about her response. ''I'm Seventeen and 8 Months.'', came from his lips as he mustered the courage to tell her. He wasn't so sure why he was afraid. Maybe it was because he didn't want this friendship to come to an end. Oh well, he thought in his head. If I'm ever going to grow balls it better be now.

Brianna merely chuckled at his response. "Aww.. so cute!" she cooed at the boy beside him "Okay Mr. Seventeen and 8 months, you have my permission to walk me to class." she said while looking back at him, her mismatched eyes looking at their laced hands, lost in thought.Wow. How did we end up like this? Everything's happening awfully fast.

"Oh, I forgot that I got to grab a drink in the cafeteria. Is it alright if we go there first? or you could go ahead to class if you want. I won't mind" she stated and let go of the boy's fingers,walking away from him.

"No, Brianna, you can't do this. You'll be hurt again" a voice whispered inside her head.

She walked solemnly in the hallway, her shoes clicking every time she take a step on the tiled floor. Reaching the destination, she flung open the door to see Maxwell, chowing down a sandwich "Tsk. What a pig" she said out loud and grabbed a drink "If you keep on eating like a savage beast you'll die. Just think, the famous asshole Maxwell Everest died chocking on a sandwich, pretty good headlines huh?" she asked looking at the boy dead in the eyes, her cheerful voice now full of mischief and playfulness. "You better slow down, okay? The school wouldn't appreciate losing another asshole in its life." she said to Max while walking away, going back to class.

Last edited:
Jason decided to follow her as she went to the cafeteria, his shoes not clacking yet. When he entered, the tiled Floor which was shiny, yet not polished, made his shoes clack, with a tapping sound. As he entered he reached for a small carton of the 'fresh' white milk. He looked at the carton which seemed almost for little uneducated kids. He sighed, annoyed by the pesky cartoonish design. Once it was equipped to his hand, he slowly walked out, without saying a word. Upon meeting Brianna heading to her class he trotted over to her. ''Hey Brianna! Sorry if I'm annoying, heh. Just wanted to fulfill my duty of walking you to class! Heh..''

[ ooc: @DANAsaur I would rather not have my characters godmodded into areas they have not yet entered nor deciding them doing things for me. It's a bit rude, and a pet peeve for me. Max wasn't yet in the cafeteria, and thus even less likely chomping down a sandwich. But since this is rather casual roleplaying for me, I'll let this slide. He was going to head down there anyway, so I guess I'll just play along... for now. ]

106k0ow.jpg

While other people followed their heart, Maxwell Everett followed his stomach. The blond boy had made his way to the cafeteria in the busy hallways, avoiding collisions with people heading to classes with the best of his abilities. The moment he entered the cafeteria, Max dug his pockets and found few crumbled dollar bills and dimes that she exchanged for a sandwich to fill his stomach with. Not much of a lunch to be honest, as skipping the breakfast had made him hungry for something more fulfilling, but this would have to do. Note to self; never get yourself in trouble before lunch, unless you want to starve to death.

He sat and bit down into the sandwich, letting the flavors of the mayonnaise and ham dance over his tongue in perfect harmony. Max could not help but let out a satisfied hum. Too bad he did not have the time to enjoy it, which is why he started eating fast, taking big bites just to get his stomach filled so he could survive the rest of the school day. There should be some food left back home in the fridge to make a simple dinner from the scraps, if he remembered correctly, since he had done the grocery shopping couple of days ago. It was not like neither of his parents would do it, since his mother always said she was tired and getting her out of the bedroom and even less likely out of the apartment was a miracle itself. And if he sent his old man to do it, he would most likely just end up buying more booze and less likely enough to feed all three of them. And thus due to a silent agreement in the household, that was left to the son to take care of, along with few other chores.

However, what was left of the enjoyment of his far too short lunch break was soon snatched away from him too when some red head came in, looked straight at Max like he was a piece of gum stuck on her shoe sole and outright called him a pig to his face. Max's chewing slowed down in surprise, and he frowned. And if that was not enough, she kept going, insulting him further, speaking like she was far more superior to him. Max had no idea who this girl was or who the hell she thought she was or what the everloving fuck he had ever done to her to deserve to be spoken down like that, but whatever it was, it was not alright. If she thought she was being funny, her sense of humor was out of the bat. She was being a total cunt. Also, she did not even get his last name right. Respect level, minus fifteen points.

After she made her exit, Max stared quietly after her. Then he just shrugged, and murmured under his breath. "...Bitch." And then he simply brushed her attitude off, and finished off his sandwich. Whoever she was, she did not matter to him. Standing up and swinging the backpack on his shoulder, the tawny eyed boy started making his way slowly back to class, licking his fingers from bread crumbs and mayonnaise.

[OOC: Oh gosh, I didn't mean to be rude, I'm so so sorry @Wicked I promise that will be the last one. Again so sorry *bows my head repeatedly* Also, I'm sorry for getting the last name wrong TT_TT ]

Brianna looked over at her side to see Jason and brightly smiled "You're not annoying at all! I quite enjoy your company so no need to apologize." she said, her cheeks having the slightest shade of pink "So, what's your next class?" she asked while sipping her drink. "Hmm... you should definitely try this drink. It tastes like peaches soaked in tons of sugar, super sweet" she said, offering the drink to Jason.

Last edited:
Is it that obvious? Cassia thought to herself. Is it that obvious that I don't remember the last time I didn't get a call every three minutes when he woke up and I'm not there? She felt a little ashamed that someone could work out that much about her. "I can't," she bowed her head quietly but it didn't matter. She spent a few minutes packing up and then left, she didn't want lunch now because she could bet that Maxwell would be there and she had regretted opening her big mouth. In a way, she deserved this, because she had started the argument, but still...her dad...

No, Cass. Listen to Maxwell.I never thought I'd think that, but hey. He's okay. You're sixteen years old and yet you've acted like dad's parent for nine years, you do not need to. He doesn't leave the house, he's scared of the kitchen so there won't be a fire and most likely he would have dropped glitter or something and want help cleaning it up. It's okay. Have a good day at school and ignore the calls. She switched the phone on to find he hadn't answered. The silent treatment had already begun. "Thanks a lot," she muttered to nobody in particular.

She saw nobody she actually recognised, but still, she opened her locker and put her phone inside. Two more lessons. He could live for two more lessons, right? She wasn't sure. If there was an emergency, someone would contact her, right? And she'd put her phone in her locker. On second thoughts, it could ring all it wanted in there without teachers annoying her.

Now, instead of being annoyed, she was more interested and curious about how he'd worked out so much. The thing was, she didn't mind. Much. Her dad had a job, he did it from home, and he took care of her when she was ill, so she was paying him back, right? He'd lost a wife. He had the right to feel a little bit hopeless. Wait, but I've lost a mum.

106k0ow.jpg

As he sucked away the last drop of mayo from the side of his forefinger, Max wondered if he had anything special to take care of today. He did not at least remember anything worth remembering, which made him glad since he was far too lazy to be responsible today anyway. Like the girl in the detention, Max felt like he could do well with a day off too. He did not feel like dealing with the sad reality of his home that felt more or less suffocating to him. When he would be old enough to graduate high school, he could leave home for college. Even though his home was in the state that it was in, it did not mean they were completely penniless due to few circumstances. Now only if his old man would stop always threatening that if Max did not do something for him, he would stop paying for his tuition and kick him out on the streets. It was infuriating when it made him feel so powerless, and Max had been practically counting for the days he could pack his bags and leave. So yeah, he ought to follow his own advice and have a day off too.

And then his phone rang. Max groaned, knowing exactly that it was either of his parents, and they never called just to say hi. He just hoped it would be lesser of the evils calling.

For once, his prayers were answered. It was his mother, sounding like she had just woken up. "Hello Max, it's your mother."
Max stopped and leaned his back on the lockers with a sigh. "Yes, I am aware. I read your caller ID, you know?"

There was a quiet chuckle on the other side of the phone, that made a genuine but somewhat sad smile appear upon the blond boy's face. Even though his mother was depressed and struggling, she always made sure to appreciate his son's sarcastic sense of humor. After all, she was the one he had gotten that from. Whenever he heard his mother laugh, it made him feel very ambivalent.

"I was hoping you could do something for me today. When you get off school, could you visit the pharmacy for me?"

Max groaned again, and whined. "Mom, I'm too tired to adult today. Please don't make me adult."

A sigh on the other end. "I know, I'm sorry, but I can't go myself. You still have my prescription."

Max frowned and straightened himself, digging his pockets for his wallet. Once he opened it, the folded slip of paper was indeed tucked away inside of the wallet from the last time he had picked his mother's medicine from her and forgotten to give the document back. "Shit, you're right, it's still here."

"Language, Max."
"Yeah, sorry."
"So will you do this for me?"
"Yeah. Yeah, of course mom."
"Thank you, dear. See you--"

Suddenly there was another male voice in the background, cutting in; "Tell him to pick up some beer!"

His mother sighed, and was aware Max heard it. "Will you?"

'No, tell that fuckface that if he wants to drink that piss in a can, he can go and pick it up himself,' is what Max wanted to say, but said instead, "Sure, I'll do that. Bye mom."

He hung up, and slipped the phone in his jacket's pocket. So much for the day off, huh. Maybe he would pick up the items, dump them home and then leave for the rest of the day to hang out somewhere. Maybe some of his 'friends' would be hanging out downtown tonight. But first things first, he had a class to survive through, and nothing felt more like a battle of survival than the math class he had next. Max moved the backpack swinging on his right shoulder in better position, and started dragging himself towards the classroom.​

For God's sake, I'm in the same set as him. Maybe I'll go home. Though I did just say I'd finish the school day... Cassia thought to herself as she arrived in Maths. She sat alone, right at the front in the corner. Nobody ever sat next to her in this class. She liked it that way. It was the one class she could concentrate in. Even though Mathematics was her least favourite, she was surprised she was good at it.

She felt displeased with herself for neglecting her responsibility of her father, but she was following advice and she didn't want to do much today anyway. She'd had quite a long day, and she still had Maths and English left in the day. She could only imagine what would happen tonight. Although he'd never laid a finger, she knew she would much rather prefer anger than awkward tension that she tended to have to deal with.

[On my computer, Explaining the Long Message.]

Jason looked at the drink that was being offered by Brianna and held it, looking around it as he was puzzled. ''So.. I just, Drink?'' he joked, lightly sipping it. He smiled with glee as his face lit up, cheeks lighted up a little bit more. ''Delicious.. Scrumptious.. Really good drink.'' He replied, returning the savory beverage to the lady. He followed her to the appropriate class of the day, Mathematics. He opened the door for her, a light creak being sounded as he did so. He allowed her to walk in as he followed her in, taking a seat next to hers as he prepared for the class. He unsheathed his phone and changed the music he was listening to from Classical to Post-Nightcore. He thought. It was all he did, besides game, Sports, and Sketch. That's a big Jump in music I took, Hehheh.. He looked to the clock and saw the time passing by incredibly slowly. He put in his Left Earbud into his ear, and left the right ear clear of any obstructions, so he could hear Brianna if she needed anything or wanted to speak. Groaning in Agonizing Boredom, he dropped his head on his arms and rested in his arms as they encircled his head. ''Wake me up when Class starts, Brianna. Please? Thank you.'' Were his final words before entering the light snooze.

106k0ow.jpg

Max stepped into the classroom, but stopped by the door at the familiar sight in the front row. It was the detention girl. Had he always had the same math class with her before? The boy squinted his eyes suspiciously. Or was he just simply starting to pay more attention to her now after the episode? The blond eyebrows knitted together into a frown. Either way, how this was turning out was making him feel slightly uneasy. He also spotted the ginger haired girl who had been a bitch to him just earlier in the cafeteria. Because he did not feel like dealing with her right now, Max sauntered in and headed to take a seat further away from her and her male companion. One of his own buddies was sitting in the back of the room, where stereotypically problem students like Max and his other reckless friends usually sat. The guy with a buzz cut and baseball cap and double pierced left eyebrow, Kyle, was signaling him to take a seat with him in the back.

However, to both of their surprise, Max found himself waving back and heading where the brown haired girl from the detention sat. But instead of sitting next to her, Max took a seat behind her, dropping the backpack on the floor with a heavy thud, picking up his materials and placing them on the desk, and then leaning on the window frame next to his desk. The amber eyes studies her curiously, wondering if she was still mad at him from the earlier stunt. For the sake of peace, for once, Max decided to shut up. However, the wolf-like eyes were set heavily on the back of her head.

Oh fuck, was all Cassia could think while she noticed he walked towards her. All she wanted to do was turn around and punch him in the throat. The bang had made her flinch in brief surprise and she knew she'd overanalyse each moment of class. She visibly was tense, because she simply wasn't sure what she expected. Anyone who could see something so well hidden for so long by a phone call reaction had something up their sleeve, and the change of seating gave her additional ideas of her newly found theory. She wished it didn't. It wouldn't help her concentration. If the teacher asked her something now, she wouldn't be able to answer, and she knew that. She copied the notes on the board for the sake of it, and not for revision because they were messy. She knew if her dad ever saw this page he'd most likely kill her. Slowly, by ignorance.

Luckily, the teacher was not interested in her. For now. Cassia had to thank for that. Besides, she quite liked her maths teacher. The disappointment of three adults would be practically unbearable. She tried to focus, her eyes scanned the board faster than she could actually read, but it looked like she was unsure, but interested. That's the picture she wanted to get across. Until Plan B.

After hearing Jason's compliment about her drink, she gave him one of her brightest smiles when he handed back the drink "I'm glad you like it! not everyone like this drink, you know. They say its too sweet for their taste buds." She said as they reached the classroom. He opened the door for her and made her smile mumbling "My, isn't he such a sweet boy?" she thought to herself and curtsied, a hint of playfulness visible in he voice "Thank you, good sir, for opening the door to such a lady like me." she said, holding her bursts of giggles and sat down, noticing that the boy sat down next to her.

She looked around the room, analyzing her classmates as she did so. A girl with brown hair who looked rather tensed, the blonde boy earlier in the cafeteria, a couple of boys sitting around back and some girls chattering and talking about their manicured nails.

She let out a sigh as the teacher started teaching math. She lightly shook her seatmate who was clearly asleep "Psst! Jason, wake up. The class is starting!" she whispered, nudging the boy. She then saw an ear bud in front of his desk and gingerly took it, putting it in her right ear "What are you listening to anyway?" she asked out of curiosity, nor minding the teacher in front of the class.

Status
Not open for further replies.