Empty Bottles

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Eden smiled at her response, eyes lighting up and grin forming once again. He felt good around her, like how friendships would be. He took the phone and scrolled through his photos. He began showing her all the photos he took of himself, every other photo being in some way different. Around the one Hundred and Fiftieth, he showed her a picture of him and clown make-up. He even had a little cute red nose. He giggled when he showed it to her. ''That was me two years ago. I forgot to ask, how old are you, Brianna?''

Brianna giggled at the sight. She wasn't expecting him to show her his pictures. After seeing the picture of him wearing clown make-up, she can't help but burst out laughing, her long red locks shaking as her body do so due to laughter. She then stopped short when she heard Jason ask her about her age and let out a fake hurt in her eyes "You know, it's rude to ask a lady about her age" she pouted slightly "Oh, wait. Shouldn't we be heading to class? I don't want to be late" she stated to Jason while standing up and picking her books. She then started to walk away from him but turned slightly, giving him a warm smile "By the way, I'm seventeen. How about you?" she asked, her heterochromatic eyes full of wonder and curiosity.

[ ooc: Hello. I was incredibly bored. I hope you people don't mind if I come in to entertain myself. Excuse me the long writing. I simply enjoy it, and I felt like giving my boy a good introduction. However, I did my best to keep it short... not sure if I succeeded or not. ]

10o1kaw.jpg

Maxwell Everett had always been bit of a troublemaker. And quite frankly, it showed from a mile away. The way he looked authority figures defiantly and arrogantly in the eyes with those sharp tawny orbs like of an wolf, like they did not matter to him worth a hamster's turd. The way he wore his posture, walked in the hallways, held his pen or ate his damn sandwiches. He was someone who had a bit intimidating aura that tended to push people away, because his whole essence seemed to scream 'Approach with care, I bite. Hard.' And most of the people did keep their distance, as it seemed like a smart move not to get involved with this 'broody brat' like some of his teachers so fondly liked to refer to him. The fair haired boy just seemed to emit silent anger, like a ticking time bomb just waiting to explode. And all this judgement before he even opened his mouth.

And when Max opened his mouth, it was always if not least most of the time, something incredibly snarky and more or less offending. It was like he did not know how to speak nicely, instantly cutting people up with his sharp tongue like a razor blade. And this was the very reason what got him into trouble with the teachers. Like for example, today, which was the reason why he was in the detention during lunch break. Max was sitting in his chosen desk, leaning his elbows on the desk and his cheek on his hand, backpack on the floor. The bored gaze of those amber colored eyes on the window, stomach growling, and he regretted skipping breakfast this morning even though it had been either that or having to fight too damn early with his old man who was awake and having a hangover, which made him even more intolerable than when he was drunk. And Max had decided that having a black eye or a bloody nose was not worth of a buttered toast. It seemed that neither of the men in the Everett household seemed to be able to tolerate each other for more than five minutes, which usually ended up with Max being a smart-ass and his father getting into his face for it. Max did not understand why nobody else seemed to appreciate his sarcasm and bitterness just as much as he did.​

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: OlympusBlood
"Why am I actually surprised you're here?" Cassia nearly sneered as she noticed Maxwell's presence. To be honest, he freaked her out, and that was never a good sign. Because only really wasps freaked her out. They made her scream like a little girl. But her sentence came out like, "What the hell did you do?" She sighed and continued to doodle, waiting for the teacher and then dismissal. For now, she might as well do something before she died of boredom.

Reactions: Wicked
Jason looked up at the girl, how her red locks were so beautiful when they danced in the wind. He smiled and kept his eyes on hers as he stood up, picking his binder he looked towards her and blushed lightly, gently touching her finger and wrapping his pinky finger around her index finger. He looked towards her and spoke. ''C-Can I walk Y-You to class..?''

106k0ow.jpg

A voice that came out almost like a sneer brought the blond boy back to the reality from his thoughts. Slowly with a frown, Max turned his gaze from the window to the source; a girl, just two seats away on his right. He had seen her around, but not really paid that much attention to her like he barely paid any attention anyone else. He did not exactly have friends, if you did not count the other hooligans he gathered to have a smoke between breaks behind the school with whom he exchanged few words here and now. Who the hell was this chick? Wait, he was pretty sure she was in few of his classes. Christina...? Cassandra...? Whatever, who cared what her name actually was. She was mostly looking at her notebook that she was doodling on, not bothering to look at Max while addressing him. What was she doodling? Wait, more importantly, why the fuck should he care?

"Why, obviously someone needs to bring the sunshine in the room." He said dryly, turning his intense eyes towards the front of the room, where a middle-aged teacher was sitting in his desk and writing something. The man was wearing worn out khaki pants, a crumpled button up shirt, and quite obvious wig covering his crown to hide his alopecia. Raising his voice, Max spoke, as if he was not addressing his words to no one in particular. "Unlike some, who would have the power to reflect the real sunshine in the room with just their head."

The teacher froze, his cheeks reddening in embarrassment. Then he collected himself, and snapped back; "Silence, Mr. Everett. Or your detention will continue after school."

Max leaned back on his chair with a sigh, turning his gaze towards the girl who had spoken to him just now. "See, the real reason I'm here, is because shanks like him don't have a sense of humor," he explained, waving his hand dismissively, sounding like he had completely given up on humankind, "Instead of appreciating my snark, all they do is try to shut me up for some reason. I swear, I can't bring myself to figure out why."

Cassia sniggered at his first comment. Sunshine. As if that was going to happen. It was detention, after all. She hadn't been in many but the few she had attended were in silence and had no chance at a breeze let alone a sunshine. Also, all the metaphorical wording confused her. Cassia couldn't truthfully say she was the sharpest tool in the shed and therefore, his choice was a bad one in her mind. "Maybe because it's annoying?" she suggested to the only part she actually understood. "Or maybe because they're teachers. Take your pick," she shrugged, glancing at him for a moment. He was Maxwell Everett, not really a nerd.

106k0ow.jpg

Max clicked his tongue at the proposal that his behavior was implied as annoying, and raised his eyebrows in a slight surprise that the girl was being so forward with him. But he had to give it to her, she had some serious girl-balls. "Touché."

For once, he did not really have a comeback for that. Because truth to be told, the boy was quite aware that he was annoying. It was his purpose in life; to rile up people. Why? It made him feel better when he could share the murky, shitty feelings with someone else. Sure, it made him bit like a prick, but Max had never quite managed to bring himself to care. Like he did not seem to care about anything at all, because to him, nothing really mattered. But his silence did not last long as he mulled it over in his mind.

"And I suppose you're here to grace me with your presence and to point out the obvious, then?" Max asked as he leaned forward again on the desk and placed his cheek to his hand, his mouth pulled into a crooked smile and voice full of cheerful mockery.​

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Cassia crossed her arms, "Nope." She nodded, "Just to get you in more trouble. That's why I'm here in the first place. Though if pointing out the obvious is what it takes, so be it." She felt her phone vibrate again, and after a debate in her head, she willed herself to ignore it. Eventually, she ended up standing and placing it firmly on the teacher's desk, before sitting back down. She didn't care that the middle-aged man was confused, because her dad could drive him crazy instead now. "Let me guess..." she paused, "You're here before you send humanity into insanity?" She despised this human being and that was the only reason why she felt an urge to annoy him. Luckily, she was in detention. And so was he. And the teacher didn't seem interested in their conversation so...it was going to be easy to push him off the brink.

• Love
106k0ow.jpg

The girl snarked back at him, which made Max feel like she was trying to outdo him. It was kind of impressive for an attempt, but quite pointless; despite her efforts, she did not seem to be quite as word-ready and imaginary with her word choices as she wished to be to match Max. But she came close enough that she would entertain him through the detention, so he would answer her challenge of battle of wits, as she was not quite unarmed as most of his challengers tended to be. An obvious smirk was gracing his features, and it was giving a silent, arrogant message; 'You amuse me, little girl. I'll let you live another day.'

After the odd phone episode, that had made Max quirk his eyebrow at her in question, she returned to her seat to share yet more words of wisdom. The blond boy looked at the ceiling and hummed, as if considering what she had just asked. "Insanity? That is rather debatable, as in my opinion I seem to be the only sane one in the world sometimes," he answered rather enigmatically before flickering his tawny eyes to meet the girl's again, now surprisingly serious that made him momentarily seem older than his years, "I believe the world fairs well enough even without my help, don't you think?"

Then, suddenly, he slid closer to her without a warning, now only one empty seat between them, and reached to grab her notebook that she had been doodling on and pulled it to him. All the seriousness from his expression was like brushed away, like it was never there in the first place. "What are you drawing anyway?"

• Love
The hairs on the back of her neck stood up. "I don't see how you can say that since you are the least sane in this room. In the school. That's why people avoid you." She was trying to keep her guard up because she knew if it was lowered he'd win and Cassia did not want that to happen. "So, no, the world can take care of it's sanity until someone stands on it." As he reached towards it, her eyes flickered to his outstretched arm, and she tried to pull it away from his grasp, to the other side of the desk. "Nothing of great importance," she muttered to herself, knowing there was similar drawings on every page, each reliving the blood curdling moment that changed her life. "Just boredom, I guess," she said a little louder, so he could hear. She wasn't the best of artists either, but she liked doing it, and cars came so naturally to her, so many times she'd drawn them it was impossible to not do one of good quality.

• Love
She was a bit surprised when she felt the sudden skin contact from Jason: his pinky finger was wrapped around her index finger, sending shivers down her spine and her face flushing red,

"My. I'm becoming such a flustered mess!" she thought to herself, looking at their fingers, intertwined. She then looked over Jason, slightly stuttering and blushing pink, asking her if he can walk her to class. "Cute" she mumbled before answering "Sure. But only in one condition" she said to the boy and gave him a stern look "tell me your age and I'll let you walk me to class" she stated, her voice coming out as sweet as a honey, and her stern look soon broke into a cheerful smile.

106k0ow.jpg

The girl was being a bit unnecessarily harsh with her words, and then proceeded to pull her notebook out of his reach fast, which made Max crumble the page a bit that he had been grabbing on. She hurriedly explained something, unwilling to share her artistic tendencies with the light haired boy. Max scoffed, absentmindedly reaching to rub the piercing dangling on his left eyebrows. "Okay, fine, Miss Secretive." Max simply shrugged as he withdrew himself, before leaning his upper body over the desk as he slumped on it, folding his arms over it and placed his cheek over the wooden surface, and mumbled, "Didn't really fucking care anyway..."

He breathed in, eyes fluttering closed and relaxed. Maybe he could have a nap to make the time go faster. She was starting to bore him anyway with her bitchy attitude. "I bet you make plenty of friends around the school too."

• Love
She gritted her teeth at the crumpled page, but closed the book and dropped it on the floor. She hated people like him, who acted like there was no problems with the world and they were not adding those problems. She had another moment where it was everybody's fault but hers.
As usual.

His comment about her social life made her grit her teeth further, but she didn't reply, and rather looked like there was something rather interesting outside. There wasn't, or at least, nothing she could see. The problem was, all the time she'd spent preventing herself from getting hurt was pouring away time she could've used making some friends. Though she didn't say that, because she liked to think she did.

Her phone rang, and she didn't once think about answering it because she knew who it was and what they wanted, and she was getting sick of it. To be honest with herself, she was getting sick of everything. Cassia sighed, glancing up at the clock. How was there still so much time left? Or perhaps she was just really bad at telling the time. That reminded her that she should probably do her homework. So much time she spent caring for her parent prevented homework, and she couldn't use the same excuse forever.

• Love
106k0ow.jpg

Max was not sure how long he lied there, trying to fall asleep. The desk was unforgivingly hard against his cheekbone, and the chair was uncomfortable to sit for a long time before his legs started to grow numb. Why the hell did they not make school chairs more comfortable to sit on? More, what's the word, ergonomic? Just add some padding at least, for God's sake. By the end of this detention, Max was sure he would not be able to feel his ass for a week at least.

After his bickering partner had grown sullenly quiet, the boy finally realized how suffocating quiet the room was. There was only occasional scribbling of the teacher's pen against the paper, and someone else in the room behind then having a dry cough as they tried to clear their throat. The minutes felt like eternity, and further the time went, Max was more determined that he was going to go crazy; scribble, cough, scribble, cough, scribble, cou--

"Will you go and have a glass of fucking water or something?" Max snapped in annoyance as he shot up in his seat and glared over his shoulder at another boy in the detention. The other one shrunk in his seat awkwardly and cleared his throat one more time under he sharp amber gaze. Max turned around in his seat again, just to meet the gaze of the teacher; "What? You gotta admit, you found that just as irritating as I did. I was just the only one who said it out loud."

The teacher shook his head and returned to his writing. Max rubbed the bridge of his nose with a frown, and sighed, leaning against his chair and sliding a bit down it. The furry hood of his jacket rose up against the seat, tickling his right ear a bit. The blondie did not bother to hide that he was finding the whole detention business a pain, as he would rather be doing something completely else in his time, like...

His stomach grumbled loudly, making Max wince and clasp his arm around his abdomen.

• Love
The explosion had made Cassia think. Why was he angry? Why do people get angry? Why was she being philosophical? Was she really that bored? She needed something to do, other than using her ears to hear the stratch of an overused biro and the escaping of a parched throat. A low moan from Maxwell's stomach did not improve her position, because it simply added to the orchestra of annoying and useless sounds in her head. It was getting so boring she regretted practically throwing away her phone, which rang again as if requested. She listened to the ring, and she smirked because it was annoying as hell. Perhaps more annoying than the sound of hated voices.

"Will you go and get a sandwich or something?" she threw his sentence back to him, a smirk still wide on her face as the ringing continued in the background and she could see the annoyance creeping up the teacher's face and knowing clearly that he was not allowed to touch it. In detention, neither was she. The thing was, the sound didn't seem to drive her round the bend anymore because she found it as a way of answering her phone quicker.

• Love
106k0ow.jpg

Obviously irritated by the remark, Max threw a glare at the girl's direction, throwing the ball back to her. "You honestly think I would be here if I could?"

Turning his gaze to the desk in front of him, Max scratched the back of his neck and murmured something under his breath. Then, to distract himself from the hunger, he sat up again and started pointing out people, including the teacher and the girl next to him, the guy coughing earlier, and few others in the room with them. Quietly, he was counting aloud, but the volume of his voice low enough that probably the girl could hear.

• Love
"My point exactly. You can't eat, he can't drink. So grow up and get a grip because it could be worse," Cassia snapped. The glare freaked her out a little, but she didn't bother to send one back, letting the brunette hair hide her face as she leaned forward and opened the singular textbook she had from her locker, and began completing the homework. At least it was better than sitting around and doing nothing.

Then he started counting. She wasn't sure if it was the mathematical sense she was getting or purely the fact he was making a sound that annoyed her, but either way, behind the mask was an irritated expression. Up to the fact where Cassia wanted to leave. Soon.

106k0ow.jpg

Max kept going, just to piss her off further. She had brought it upon herself when she first started with him; once you start the game, you better play it until the end. Or at least until you have enough experience points to level up. He counted approximately every other person in the detention, as which took a minute since the room was almost two thirds full, the students scattered around in the space to suffer their sentences. Some were talking quietly with each other, or doodling like the girl had been earlier. Max pointed out mostly people he knew, or at least remembered their faces. They all had one thing in common; none of them were his acquaintances.

When he was done, he had come into the final count, which he informed aloud; "Thirteen," he said satisfied, flicking his gaze towards the girl, who had started her homework, and elaborated without her asking, "assholes in the room," he smirked that crooked smile again and quipped, "Well, I'm definitely not alone."

Amy entered the hallway to see her boyfriend. She asked why he wanted to see her. "Well, with what's happening to you, I believe that I should be seeing other girls." Amy couldn't believe it. Her boyfriend was breaking up with her when she needed him most. She walked to the cafeteria in shame.

Status
Not open for further replies.