Empty Bottles

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
2vrty7l.jpg
106k0ow.jpg

Kyle sighed and slammed the book covers shut, turning around on his chair to look at this friend who was smiling like a fox and the newcomer, and straightened his baseball cap so that his shallow buzz cut was visible again from his neck. The mahogany brown eyes were laughing, but his face was grim. "Aight ya shitheads, ain't there a lot talkin' like that 'bout me after I tell 'em that I know at least twenty-six ways to make a human body disappear without a trace. My personal favorites revolve around bleach and pigs," he said with a chilling seriousness, before his face fell into far more relaxed expression as he shrugged, "Ya know, just sayin'."

Max nodded along, pointing Kyle at the new kid, telling that he was meaning serious business. Kyle gave the blond boy a pointed glare and punched him in the shoulder, as he had meant to shut them both up, and not just the transfer student. Max just smirked.

Suddenly the sub-teacher addressed the three of them, obviously not very flattered how the boys in the back were socializing instead of focusing on her class. Kyle lifted up his work, which was full of writing, waving it around like a peace offering. "I am!"

Max snapped his gaze towards the piece of filled out paper in disbelief, trying to remember in what point he would have seen Kyle do it. Obviously the guy was not just a well educated juvenile, but also a study ninja. He was quick to jump on it though, throwing his hand casually over Kyle's shoulders and beamed a smile. "Yes, we did it together. I accidentally on purpose lost mine!"

Needless to say that the sub-teacher did not seem impressed.

Two minutes later, both Kyle and Max stood in the hallway, thrown out of the class. Kyle looked like he was very ambivalent about it, but Max was very pleased with himself. At least he would get a good reason to leave early. Kyle lifted his backpack on his shoulder with a deep sigh. "C'mon, ya wanker. I'll drive ya to the store, yeah?"

Max pushed his hands into the pockets of his jacket and started following after Kyle, both of them now walking down the hallway, a slight skip in his step. "What would I do without you?"

"Well, without ya I'd still be in that class," Kyle remarked and shot his gaze to the ceiling, exasperated. "I love ya bro, but sometimes... Maybe I should stock my chloroform and bleach, and start searching the closest pig farm."

Max bumped his shoulder against Kyle's, who was actually not so bothered about it as he was letting on, and Max knew it. With a confident crooked smile, he shot back; "You wouldn't last a second in this world without me, and you know it."

Last edited by a moderator:
"What did you just say, Douche?!" Brian snapped and grabbed Jason by the collar "You don't know anything about us! You don't even know my sister! So why don't you just fuck off?!"

"Brian, that's enough." Brianna said touching her twin's arm, calming him down "Why don't you finish up your homework? I'll be up in a moment 'kay?" she said in a calm voice.

"Tch." Brian said letting go of his collar "You're lucky she saved your sorry ass" he mumbled and went upstairs.

"Mom, we're going for a walk, okay?" she stated and grabbed Jason's hand, the two of them leaving the house.

They walked in silence for a little while until Brianna spoke up, her voice slightly quivering. "I'm sorry for what happened earlier" she apologized slightly bowing her head "He does that to every boy I hang out with" she stated. She walked a little further away from him until they've reached a park, a couple of children are playing and some dog owners are walking their dogs. She sat on an empty bench and started to think "hey, do you know why I told you, you can't like me?" she asked suddenly, looking at the kids playing, her long red hair slightly flowing because of the wind "It's because I can't leave my twin alone. We only have each other. Mom and Dad are divorced but they still live in the same roof for my sake. They fight every day yet act like nothing happened in front of me. Do you know why?" she asked, her voice slightly cracking, trying to hold back the tears "My twin asked them to do it for me, so that I won't be hurt. Of course I pretended that I didn't see anything, pretended that everything is fine and dandy. Can you imagine the pain he felt every time he watched our parents fight?" she laughed bitterly, wiping her face with the back of her hand "I can't leave my twin alone after what he did for my sake."

She can feel the tears are about to fall to her face and she abruptly stood up from her seat, turning her back to Jason "I'm sorry, I think I've given you enough trouble for today. Thanks for taking care of me after I passed out. I'll see you tomorrow at school okay?" she said and quickly walked away from him.

Jason sighed. After seeing her brother he about had enough. When they sat down he cut her off. ''Alright. I understand, your brother is some overprotective guy since he tried to stop your parentd arguing, and I can reason with it. If I have to see tht guy just to say goodbye to you, then I don't want to bring any more problems in your life. I'll see you around, K?'' he said as he opened his arms out to her.
''How about one last hug for the day?''

Catherine found a seat next to Amy and Jeff. "I heard all about your situation, you can come to my place if it gets rough." Jeff whispered in Amy's ear as she nibbled a Fiber One Brownie. Amy looked up and smiled, figuring that Jeff was the one. Catherine just sat there, staring out a big [BCOLOR=transparent]window[BCOLOR=transparent][/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR]. As the janitor opened a door to take out the trash, a dove flew in and landed in front of Amy. Using a ribbon and a piece if paper, she wrote "I'm not OK" and tied it to the dove's foot and released it.

"Aight ya shitheads, ain't there a lot talkin' like that 'bout me after I tell 'em that I know at least twenty-six ways to make a human body disappear without a trace. My personal favorites revolve around bleach and pigs, ya know, just sayin." Nelly bit her lip, but couldn't help the smallest snort of a giggle from passing through her nose. What an outrageous thing to say.

She'd sat down next to the three boys without really thinking about it, but had begun regretting it the minute the bell had rung. Boy did they talk, nonstop. She was having a hard time concentrating, easily distracted as she normally was. When the substitute handed out the worksheet, she immediately began working on it. Trying to let herself get engrossed in the process. It was English, though. She'd always been good at Math, but English had never been one of her better subjects. Ask her to solve a problem she'd never seen before? She could usually figure it out within the hour, but ask her to tell the intention of an author? She always botched it up, and she'd never been good at "winging it" as Jacob called it. Nor did she ever try to mooch the answers off of anyone. Homework had always been a good excuse for staying shut in her room, after all. Oh would they be quiet? She couldn't concentrate at all.

That was it. Nelly looked up as the teacher spoke, "I assume you are finished?" She could feel herself panicking. The teacher wasn't talking to her. She wasn't. Oh please don't let her be... but then the boys began speaking, practically bantering with the teacher. She only gave them a half-look, then looked back down as if she didn't notice, hoping nobody would notice her. Her fingers were steady, but she nervously tapped the end of her pencil twice on the desk. Then, they were gone. Out the door before you could say, "jack-rabbits." She opened her mouth slightly to let out a careful breath that was her version of a sigh of relief, and went back to her worksheet, but her mind wandered. She was trying to imagine it. How could someone use bleach and some pigs, of all things, to dispose of a body? It was... curious. She wanted to know. Maybe she'd ask him later. She hadn't looked straight at the boy, though, so she couldn't remember what he looked like... except that he scared the bejeezus out of her. She shivered violently in her mind, then continued writing.

• Love
Reactions: Takumi and Wicked
2vrty7l.jpg
106k0ow.jpg

The two boys sauntered into the parking lot, where Kyle's vermilion '65 Ford Mustang proudly stood in waiting. It was a nice looking car, just older than the time itself as Max liked to refer to it. Kyle kept it in good condition, maintaining it regularly as he was good with his hands and with the cars. ("All ya really need to do is read couple o' books 'bout it and look things up from the internet, really. Simple as that!") Max could not really understand such a deep fascination and commitment with a piece of metal, as his own interests lied somewhere completely else. Though having his own ride again would be nice. The Ford Mustang was a really cool car, if not a bit ostentatious to Max's tastes, and definitely a good conversation starter. But Kyle had always liked to be flashy and not hold back, which could be deduced from his really loose hip hop style clothing, fancy sneakers and baseball caps and tattoos he had already gotten made by someone who practiced tattooing in their own homes. (Speaking of the lastly mentioned, do not try those, kids. In Max's opinion trusting your skin to non-professional's care spelled as a bad idea.) All in all, Max had always thought Kyle was like an American version of a chav. The two of them kept up a light conversation, not seeming to be bothered to be thrown out of class that much at all.

They threw their bags in the backseat, and glanced at the school's direction. Since the classes were still in motion, nobody was in the parking lot and they were mostly obstructed by cars. The football field behind the school was full of people practicing whatever, and the yells and whistles could be heard as an echo all the way to where they stood. Max and Kyle climbed on the hood of the car, and lit up cigarettes, deciding it was safe enough at this point since the car was parked in a slot that was a bit farther away from the school entrance.

"So whaddaya need to pick up?" Kyle asked nonchalantly between drafts.

"Anti-depressants and some Budweiser." Max answered, glancing at the blue sky above them.

"Doesn't sound like a very good combo to me."
"Ha-ha. They're going for two different people, jerk."
"Okay, okay. So I'll drop ya by the mall, there's a pharmacy and a store, and ya can easily take a bus back home from there, aight? Sound good?"
"Fine by me. You're the one paying the gas anyway."

When they were done smoking, they threw away the cigarette buds and climbed off the hood. After sliding into their respective seats and slamming the doors shut, the boys hit the road. A comfortable silence fell between them, as Kyle drove and Max fiddled with the radio, choosing music to blast through the few minute ride.

"So," Kyle suddenly said, breaking the silence, "What was the deal with the chick?"
"What chick?" Max asked casually, as if not knowing what the other boy was referring to.
"The one in math class today."
"Oh. That one."
"Yeah. So, ya gonna spill the beans or what?"
"A gentleman never kisses and tells."
"Okay, first of all, shank, ya haven't even seen a gentleman in your entire life. Now ya gonna tell me or I'll ask herself tomorrow."

Now finding a good radio station to suit his tastes that was blasting Rage Against the Machine, Max flashed his tawny eyes into the direction of Kyle, who had his mahogany ones glued into the drive way. "Are you threatening me, Callahan?" He asked in a dubious voice, not entirely sure if Kyle was joking or not.

"I'll leave that for ya to judge. Either way ya'll find out by tomorrow, aight? If I was ya, I wouldn't bet on it."

Max huffed and leaned back on his seat, crossing his hands on his chest and looked out of the window. He was silent for a good half a minute, before he finally shrugged and said; "I dunno, she was... I dunno. I liked her spunk. She just hates my guts."

"So ya like her?"
"No, I never said that. I said I liked her spunk."
"Sure thing, bro. I can't really blame her for hating ya. Ya can be a real pain in the ass most of the time. I bet ya did something to piss her off."
"...Maybe."
"So, what'd ya do?"
"I'm not entirely sure. She cut her hair when I touched it with a pen."
"She cut her hair?!"
"Told you. She's crazy. Hey, you can pull up here."

Kyle pulled up to the curb next to the mall's parking lot, laughing at Max and his shitty luck with the ladies. Max however did not seem to mind that much, as he reached to the backseat to pick up his backpack, then stepping out of the car and saying his thanks to Kyle for driving him. Kyle told him it was no big deal and he would do it again any time like always. Max slammed the door shut and watched the red Ford Mustang slide gracefully away into the traffic, until the eye paining bright red metal blob disappeared. Lifting the backpack on his shoulder, the blond boy turned around and started venturing his way through the parking lot to the mall.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cassia let the phone ring a couple seconds before she picked it up. "Cass? Cass, will you come home now?" he asked her. "Y-yeah, but I just need to do some things, I need some things for school, and we need food for tonight," she replied, her hands shook for a little bit, he sounded so scared. She began walking back to her flat, because she knew there was a corner shop that sold the things she needed. That they needed. "What do you need?" he asked. "Just a dictionary and some bits and bobs," she lied. "Cass, you aren't going to do something stupid, right?" he saw her lie. "No, no, definately not stupid," she assured and wondered how he had worked out she was going to do something he would not approve of. "It doesn't include alcohol, fire, or cars, right?" her dad replied. "No," she replied, as she opened the door to the corner shop.

That was the nice thing about her flat, it was close to the school and even closer to the fuel of her own engine. Cassia knew her dad would never get her a car in a million years. He was scared of them. She wished she could turn back time, to a time she struggled to remember, of two parents and they were happy and left the house and went to cool places like theme parks and on holiday. All these things she thought she could leave for another day when she was younger, and now she'd never get the chance.

She paid for all the things she'd laid on the counter, slipping a few into her bag and the rest into a carrier one she was given, and she began walking up rickety stairs up to her flat. She hated the stairs, they'd clank and move to the side as she walked up them, causing her to have to go slowly and with caution, until she fumbled for her keys, and pushed one into the door of 429. "Cass?" her dad called out, running towards the door, and hugging her. Who am I kidding? This is my family and who I want to hang out with. I don't need theme parks, the floor is lava.

• Love
Reactions: firejay1
The bell for sixth period had rung and Amy and Jeff were walking out of the cafeteria. "What was that dove all about anyway?" He asked. Amy explained that it was a messenger of peace. "I guess that's good news for the both of us." Amy said tucking her bruises over her sleeve. Jeff laughed and agreed hoping peace would come soon. They traded phone numbers and decided to call each other tonight. Amy examined his schedule and said "I think we have the same eighth period class." Jeff agreed and said that they would talk later.

"I ordered something from the mall, will you pick it up?" her dad asked, raising his eyes at her chopped hair. "Sure," Cassia shrugged. "It's a what? Ten minute walk?" He laughed, "Cass, I haven't left the house in years, I don't remember. Probably. Thanks, sweetie." She nodded, slinging her backpack on. "Well, I'll be back in an hour or so then." He nodded, "Get yourself something nice.

Cassia walked towards the mall, taking her time at the creepy steps. She paused at the bottom to check her backpack had the money still, and to her relief, it did.

Sixth period was finally over, though Nelly hadn't quite finished her worksheet by that time. One more period, huh? She let out an internal sigh, sticking some earbuds in her ears as she walked to seventh period. True, it wasn't like the in-between period was going to be very long, but it had long since become a habit for her to hide from the assault of noise with music. Someone tapped on her shoulder and she turned to look at them, pulling both buds out of her ears and not bothering to stop the device. She smiled automatically at them, then realized it was her cousin, a year younger than her. "Oh, Jacob. What's the matter?"

He sighed and shook his head. "Would you get that expression off your face?" He scowled at her. "You look gross when you smile like that. I'm safe, remember?" She complied and dropped the smile immediately, though not because she thought of him as particularly safe. She just wore that expression automatically. She didn't know why he thought it was so gross.

"So, what is it?" She asked quietly.

"It's dad. Apparently, he got a kidney stone. Mom wanted me to tell you so you wouldn't start freaking out when you heard him groaning and moaning when you got home. She knows how you worry." He said the last sentence with a touch of sarcasm, or was it irony? He really enjoyed doing that. "Oh hey, want to skip class, today?" He asked her. It was Jacob's ritual, whenever he saw her at school. He thought it was funny that she liked school that much and was always early to come and late to leave. Nelly gave him a "look" that she reserved especially for him. The "ahaha you're hilarious" look.

"Thanks for telling me." She said casually, hefting her bag more firmly over one shoulder, and smiled again, automatically, before putting her earphones back in. Seventh period it was. Come to think of it... a lot of kids from her sixth period had been skipping class hadn't they? When the teacher had peeked out to see if they were still there, the two boys had been gone. And that girl who'd insisted she'd needed the bathroom had never come back. What could they have to do that could be so exciting, she wondered, slipping into a seat in her seventh period class and taking out her notebook.

Catherine was in Visual Arts, working on a painting. The painting showed a bridge with a sunny sky above it, and a night sky made to look like water. The windows were left open, since the [BCOLOR=transparent]Air Conditioning unit[BCOLOR=transparent][/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR] had broken down. While she fixed some mistakes, the same dove from lunch entered and perched itself on her desk. Catherine realized the message was from Amy, and when the teacher had her back turned, she replied with a piece of notebook paper with "When life gets you down and you think that it's no use, When you don't know who you are and there's nothing left to lose, just know that you have friends who think your worth the while, and they always tell you, 'Why worry, just smile.'" She tied the message to the dove's foot and sent it on it's way.

Kawaii-shy-anime-boy.jpg

Noah sighed as he wandered the halls. He had came to school and thought 'why even go to class? It's just gonna be awkward and weird....'

Noah was a kind and a boy that easily got flustered or embarrassed. He also had trouble with remembering things and the like. His life isn't too hard now, but there's grief hanging over it. Heavily. His dad hasn't turned to drinking luckily, but he as become quiet and slightly neglectful.

The boy noticed the visual arts class and poked his head inside. 'what are you even doing Noah? You might as well just go home and stop bothering these people'

"U-uh...excuse me. But....I came late...and I'm lost..."

(Ooc: Blegh, sucky post but oh well)

Last edited:
Catherine saw the young man and offered to help. "I'll try, what's your next class?" she asked. "By the way, I'm Catherine." She brushed a piece of her golden brown hair behind her when her phone went off. "I'll check that later." She said to herself.

"Ah, my schedule..." He muttered as he looked into his pockets. He, pulled out, the sheet of paper and his purple eyes scanned over it before handing it to her.

"I'm Noah." He responded, his cheeks becoming flushed in his embarrassment at being lost.

"I'm Catherine." She said. She noticed something unique on the schedule, they both had the same Geometry class. "We have the same Geometry class." Catherine said. When the knew kid wasn't looking, she checked her text her phone. The text from her older brother, Jake read, "Mom's in the hospital, when are you coming home?" Catherine couldn't help the tears from flowing as she rushed to a bathroom for privacy.

Noah watched as she suddenly ran off after mentioning something about them having Geometry together then running off with his schedule in hand; tears flowing from her eyes. He quickly grew concerned for the girl.

"I hope everythings alright..." He muttered. He made his way to the bathroom, he could hear sniffles from inside and knocked on the closed bathroom door.

brunettes%20school%20uniforms%20schoolgirls%20tie%20long%20hair%20green%20eyes%20shirts%20earrings%20necklaces%20anime%20coffe_www.wallmay.net_51.jpg

It didn't take much to keep Alice home. With her mother gone and her father an abusive drug addict, a visible bruise was a one-way ticket to a sick day. People didn't question it, nor did they think anything of it. She was more likely to be seen as the sickly girl than the girl with trouble at home. Today was one of those days when she actually showed her face, though she came to school with very little left in the day. She had thought about not coming at all, but her father was in a particularly bad mood. She needed to get away.

Status
Not open for further replies.