Elswood Academy [OOC]

Should there be diversity [a certain limit in a species]?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Jihae (I believe you're the CO-Gm for this?) and @Darling , I haven't finished Phoebe yet, but I did complete the section on her power. I figured I'd just let you know, in case you'd like to review it now. That way, if there are any issues with the ability I can fix it while I complete the character sheet. ♥
((P.S, please excuse the spelling/grammar errors, I was half asleep when I wrote most of what I have so far. I will proof-read and fix things before I declare the CS completed.))
So your girl has split personalities that actually split? Lol Jelani will like her but my bitchy girl will hate her lol, she'll hate almost everyone lol. She'll be up this weekend.

Reactions: Brea
@Jihae (I believe you're the CO-Gm for this?) and @Darling , I haven't finished Phoebe yet, but I did complete the section on her power. I figured I'd just let you know, in case you'd like to review it now. That way, if there are any issues with the ability I can fix it while I complete the character sheet. ♥
((P.S, please excuse the spelling/grammar errors, I was half asleep when I wrote most of what I have so far. I will proof-read and fix things before I declare the CS completed.))
To me, your character looks just fine so far! And I'm loving the different styles of personalities you laid out. Once Darling comes back they will make the final decisions based on their preferences for characters since they're the main one. I like it!

• Thank You
Reactions: Brea
@Brea - Darling said she'd be away for a week a couple days ago :P So @Jihae and @CrystalTears are who you're reporting to for now :P
I don't think I'm a GM in this...? Great to know someone thinks I'm awesome enough to be one, but I'm not ^x^

• Love
Reactions: Brea and Jihae
I don't think I'm a GM in this...? Great to know someone thinks I'm awesome enough to be one, but I'm not ^x^

You're not? Huh. I could have sworn there was another co-gm and it was you.
I must be losing it.

To me, your character looks just fine so far! And I'm loving the different styles of personalities you laid out. Once Darling comes back they will make the final decisions based on their preferences for characters since they're the main one. I like it!
Cool. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't in violation of this part of the rules (because I guess it could be associated with Dissociative Identity Disorder, even though I didn't exactly give her the disorder, AND it's not really making fun of the disorder, or helping make up for any other weakness she has... Just wanted to be safe rather than sorry):

SUPERHEROES AND DISABILITIES

• Added April 22th, 2016 — If you plan on making an original character with a disability, please refer to the text below before creating your character.

So, lets talk about disabilities and superpowers. When you have a superpower or an magic device that negates or "makes up for" a disability, you get what is called Disability Superpower: a trope that is so common, it has it's own TvTropes page. An example of this could be Emma from Heroes who is deaf, but can see sound waves. Gazelle from Kingsman who is an amputee, but has lethal metal prosthetics. There's always a "but" for these characters that makes the audience deem the disability an acceptable one. This is something we want to stay away from. We're not here to encourage the idea that if you have to have something else to balance you out because your disability took so much away from you! Another thing that we need to be aware of is are combinations of superpowers that border on ableist. The ones that are made to seem quirky. Your original character with tourettes who teleports every time he tics isn't the right fit for our role-play. (Hopefully they aren't the right fit for other role-plays as well, but that's not our decision to make.) There are so many opportunities for disabled characters that don't involve making up for/making a mockery of the disability and we encourage you to explore them.

Last edited:
@Darling

Are you back yet??

I would really like for this to keep going. Just wanted to know this was still going to be a thing before I finished up my sheets. I was also wondering if it was alright if I rearranged some things on the cs skeleton to make it more organized?

Hey guys. Did I get kicked from the chat? Can't blame you, but am I still apart of this? I couldn't keep up with the convo cause I've got some schooling and moving going on. Bleh.

Was only a relationship chat. I dont believe anyone was kicked from it?

Reactions: mango
Hey guys. Did I get kicked from the chat? Can't blame you, but am I still apart of this? I couldn't keep up with the convo cause I've got some schooling and moving going on. Bleh.
I haven't touched the chat in forever haha, I think you're still in there; unless I've done some sleep-booting, lmfao.

Reactions: mango
Was only a relationship chat. I dont believe anyone was kicked from it?
I haven't touched the chat in forever haha, I think you're still in there; unless I've done some sleep-booting, lmfao.

...... there was a chat???

I forgot to invite you <_<....

*Wraps self in the invisibility cloak* </3

It's okay. Most people do.... v.v

So whats going on? Is this gon get rolling or what? XD

// poofs back into existence.

Alright, let's get this show on the road!

Schedules will be done tomorrow, approximately three will be done each day until we've completed everyone's.

@Vio

And yes, this is going to happen.

• Love
Reactions: Esmeray and Ali

Schedules will be done tomorrow, approximately three will be done each day until we've completed everyone's.

@Vio

Welcome back ^^

Hope your tests n' stuff went well.

@Vio

Welcome back my dear. Is it alright if I rearrange some things on the CS to make it more organized??

Glad to see the GM is back! Still working on my character (truthfully I paused because I wanted to make sure this was still going to happen before I took the time to complete her).

All I have to do left is type out her personality and her bio, which will be a top priority tomorrow.

While I've got everyone's attention, I should mention I won't be online Friday-Monday because I'm going camping. So, I do apologize about my absence ahead of time.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Akashi
I am still game :D

Status
Not open for further replies.