Elswood Academy [OOC]

Should there be diversity [a certain limit in a species]?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
For once in my life I'm feeling very impatient Q_Q Heh. I'm normally pretty reserved and laid back, but holy fuckonastick do I want this to happen xD

Reactions: Akashi and Brea

[bg=#a8a8a8]
#e809ad
"Real life feels so far away."
[/bg]
tumblr_n50zfllMtt1t083x2o3_250.gif
tumblr_n50zfllMtt1t083x2o7_250.gif
tumblr_mi2lls4llv1rrpjpdo10_250.gif
tumblr_n50zfllMtt1t083x2o8_250.gif
tumblr_n50zfllMtt1t083x2o6_250.gif

tumblr_mhk3n8UXxx1rrpjpdo1_250.gif
tumblr_mhk3n8UXxx1rrpjpdo5_250.gif
tumblr_mdrg98hJjj1raqsyv.gif
tumblr_mhk3n8UXxx1rrpjpdo3_250.gif
tumblr_mhk3n8UXxx1rrpjpdo8_250.gif

[bg=#ffffff]
Full Name ::
"Honestly, there's never a reason to use my full name."
. Phoebe Kate Davis .

Alias(es) ::
"I prefer nicknames, actually."
. Pheebs, Phoe, Bee .

Gender & Preferred Pronouns ::
"The only time I've questioned my identity is when I first started to use my powers."
. Female (She/Her) .

Face-claim ::
"What's a face claim?"
. Nina Nesbitt .

Date of Birth ::
"My Zodiac sign is Cancer, I believe."
. July 11th .

Sexuality ::
"Girl-on-girl stuff just doesn't do anything for me."
. Heterosexual .

"Still young, but considered an adult."
. 20 .

Ability ::
"It's more like duplication, really."
. Replication - The ability to replicate oneself .
Description
Phoebe has the ability to create replications of herself on will. They look exactly like her, and she can create them painlessly, even though it looks like they slip themselves from her body. Each 'clone' (as she likes to call them), takes on one of her personality traits. For example, she could choose to make her clone very rude (aggression), and because the clone has taken that personality trait from her she will not be able to act rudely until said clone has been destroyed. When she creates a clone they are usually wearing the same thing she is- However, she does sometimes mess up and a nude clone is created. This is very rare, however, and she gets better at remembering the clothing each time she practices. She is able to communicate telepathically with her clones, and most often they do what she says- it is extremely hard for them to fight her will.
The following is a list of the personalities she can create clones of:

Aggregation - She is generally angry and extremely pessimistic. When Phoebe replicates this personality she calls her "Matilda." Color ref: #b00404
Curious - This personality is the most likely to explore, wander off, and ask a lot of questions. Phoebe calls her "Hailey." Color ref: #f59745
Nervous - This personality is extremely cautious of what she is doing/what it happening, very emotional, and can sometimes have a breakdown. Phoebe calls her "Iris." Color ref: 0074bd
Sociable - She is very friendly and talkative, often times being very agreeable. Phoebe calls her, "Faith." Color ref: b89600
Creative - This personality is great at problem solving, and has good art skills. She can also look at different perspectives. Phoebe calls her, "Jessi." Color ref: 8c13ad
Sympathetic - This personality trait is very kind, and thinks of others. She is the most submissive of all the personality traits, and is the most likely to allow a stranger to cry on her shoulder. Phoebe calls her, "Daisy." Color ref:41b064
Limitations
Phoebe can only create five clones of the six she knows how to create at one time. The reason being that if she uses all six of her main personality traits at once to create clones, she becomes very empty inside and looses the will to actually do anything. This was discovered about six months ago, and her clones had to executed so that the personality traits would return to the original.
This ability does not give her any other side abilities, such as a healing factor. Without this ability, she is basically mortal, and therefore does not posses any kind of heightened strength, stamina or aversion of death.
Weaknesses
Major infection or disease may transfer over to Phoebe whenever one of her clones is assimilated/killed. Although, minor injuries may only cause bruising to Phoebe, if one were to lose an arm (for example), this could cause some serious complications on Phoebe's side.
If there are problems with the copying process duplicates may have physical or mental setbacks. This is a rarity, but if Phoebe is distressed, extremely tired or distracted it does happen.
In theory, if Phoebe is killed then all the other clones die as well. However, because she's never died before, this is not yet known to be fact. Some believe that if she were to be killed while a clone of herself was active, that clone would become the dominant personality and live on, developing the ability to create clones of it's own. Phoebe, however, does not think the latter theory is possible.

Division ::
"I guess it's cause I'm an activist."
. Ignis .

Year ::
"I haven't been here too long."
. Sophomore .

Position ::
"Oh, I'm nowhere near a Perfect."
. Average student .

Hometown ::
"They tell me I was born in Edinburgh, Scotland, but raised in the US."
. EdinBurgh, Scotland --> San Diego, California .

Personality ::
"Here's where I start to get interesting."
. Ever since she was young Phoebe has always very much been an 'in-your-face' type of person. She never holds her tongue, and is often times very loud. She will not stand to be ignored, she hates to be overlooked. She refers to herself as an activist, because she is always calling for change to society. Phoebe thinks people should be more accepting of one another, and she also thinks that so long as it causes no harm to another everyone should be free to do as they please. Phoebe is very opinionated and stubborn, she does not allow other people to try and sway her. That being said, she also understands that other people are allowed to have opinions that contradict her own. She is fun-loving, and a very active young girl. If she has to sit still for two long she becomes rather restless, as well as obnoxious. Phoebe is not the type of person to pretend she likes someone else, so if she doesn't like a person they will likely know. She doesn't care much what other people think of her, and so sometimes she can act rather recklessly. When in a bad mood, Phoebe can be described as disrespectful and violent, though she does not usually resort to actual fights. She's argumentative, and sometimes actually goes looking for an argument. Above all, Phoebe is extremely protective of other people. She will even stand up for someone she dislikes, if she sees them being treated poorly .

Biography ::
"I must have had an fascinating life, compared to those without superpowers."
[spoili]
Phoebe had never lived a sheltered life. From the moment she could start asking questions she always received a honest, straight-forward answer from her parents. Some believed this helped her mature quicker, other argued it corrupted her from a young age. One thing for sure was that it definitely contributed to her highly opinionated personality. She always fit right in with her family, for both of her parents were opinionated too, and often times they all shared the same opinions. Fitting in with her peers was a bit harder, however, but Pheebs learned how to make friends. She learned how to spot people who would appreciate her outlook on life, and who understood that sometimes she just wanted to argue for arguing sake.

While she was born in Scotland, she and her family moved to California when Phoebe was three. Because of this she had never gotten to know her extended family well. For her first few years in the USA Phoebe struggled greatly in school. Not with the content being taught, but with the behavior that was expected of her. What her teachers called 'talking back' she called 'having a conversation.' She was sent to the principles office often, which made it harder for her to make friends with her new peers.

By the time she was in middle school things were getting easier. She started writing things down on a piece of paper instead of saying them out loud, so her middle school teachers liked her much better than her elementary ones had. She also started to make friends. One of her first friends was names Isabella, and Isabella's family had been vegetarians. Slowly, Phoebe also adopted their vegetarian diet, and her own family started to accommodate her. Phoebe's parents had not converted to vegetarians themselves, but they understood that Phoebe should be making her own choices regarding such things. Also while she was in middle school, Phoebes abilities developed, and her parents revealed to her that they also had powers. It became second nature for her to create clones around the house, either to play with or to get her chores done quicker.

Phoebe's high school years were rather uneventful for her until her junior year. That's not to say she hadn't been sent to the deans office from time to time, but she had managed to stay out of serious trouble. In her Junior year, however, she got suspended for getting into a fight. She had seen an upperclassmen male picking on a underclassmen male, and jumped in to help out the younger boy. When the older male pushed her away she shoved him back, and thus a fight started between them. She ended up braking his nose- and was often told that she was "lucky his family didn't want to press charges against her."

When she was nineteen she moved out to live on her own in a cheap apartment, and to attend a local community college. Her parents had another child when she was eleven, and so Pheebs made it a point to go see her younger sister from time to time. She was doing surprisingly well on her own- probably because she could be two places at once.

Of course, all of this has been forgotten by her.

What Phoebe does remember is waking up in a bland room. She remembers being told her name, being told that she had been in Elswood for a while. She'd never gotten any answers when she asked questions. It only took four trips to the freezer for Phoebe to start monitoring her own behavior more carefully. She really didn't want to become a sleeper.

It is very unlikely hat Phoebe will ever like Elswood or trust the people running it, but she is treading carefully.
[/spoili]

Pop Quiz ::
"Probably the easiest quiz I've ever taken."
"Write a sentence or two using a few of Elswood's slang words."
. A Sleeper is someone who is Asleep, obviously. But, if you're Asleep for a long time you're called a Sleepwalker. If you get Heated you can get sent to The Freezer to get Iced, which sucks. So it's just better to stay cool .

"True or False: Elswood's devices can easily be hacked or manipulated by those with abilities related to electronics and used to communicate with the outside world."
. False .

"What do students use to enter their dorm rooms?"
. The Elstech .

Theme Song ::
"Do people really pick theme songs for themselves? Sad."

Questions ::
"I'm pretty sure you don't give a shit about me, I don't see why you all pretend to care."
"Tell us about yourself and why you're here, Phoebe?"
"I'm here for the same reason as everyone else, I was kidnapped by you people," Phoebe said, a smile on her lips. "More specifically, though, it's because I have an ability called replication. Personally, I would have called it Duplication instead, because I'm making duplicates of myself, but whatever. Each clone takes on one personality trait- which you already know. In fact, you asked me this last year." The female sighed, and shrugged. There was a pause to see if Phoebe was going to say anything more before the next question was asked.

"Interesting, what's your attitude towards our school?"
"At first I wasn't happy to be here, but I've gotten over it," She replied, sounding tired. It was almost as if she'd practiced this answer a thousand times. "I like that I've gotten help with honing my ability, I guess."

"Have you had any issues with authority figures in the past?"
A laugh escaped Phoebe, because the answer was fairly obvious. One look at her interviewer told her that an answer was in fact expected, so she quickly got control of herself again. "You know the answer is yes," She said finally, sweeping her bangs from her face.

Schedule ::
"I'd prefer to have no schedule at all."
. Core Classes - English, Literary Analysis & Composition, British & World Literature / World History, World Cultures, Current World Events / Algebra I & II, Geometry, Pre-Calculus/Trigonometry / Earth Science, Biology, Chemistry .
. Other Electives - Spanish, Japanese / Martial Arts, Archery .

. Skill Classes - Mental Manipulation 101, Advanced Mental Manipulation .
. Extra Curricular - Yearbook, Debate Teams / Track, Self Defense .

Connections ::
"You either like me or you hate me."
[spoili]
Family:
. Mom - Justine Davis - 42 - Marketer - Has Super strength [spoili]
8248952.gif
[/spoili] .
. Dad - Travis Davis - 44 - Limo Driver - Is able to Fly [spoili]
tumblr_inline_mpdniqq3q41rxhzb1.gif
[/spoili] .
. Younger Sister - Katie Davis - 9 - Ability unknown, though because both parents have powers it is assumed she too will develop one [spoili]
f133dc80-5e14-0132-428f-0ebc4eccb42f.gif
[/spoili] .

Love Interest:
. n .

Friends:
. n .

Enemies:
. n .

Other:
. n .
[/spoili]
[/bg]
[bg=#a8a8a8]"I'm just looking for someone to be."
[/bg]
@Darling - I'm not even sure if we're still doing this, but I thought I'd let you know that my character is finished ♥

It looks like the GM hasn't been online since June 9th, which is a serious bummer. Hope everything is okay with her.

Reactions: Esmeray and Jihae
Status
Not open for further replies.