Eagleclaw High School

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Well. At least, if it's nothing, we know that, right?" I guessed, kinda wishing she didn't drag it on so long. I didn't like her own idea, and pointed that out, "Okay... that was dark..." But that seemed to embarrass her, and being me, I moved my own hand to the handle, opening the door myself. It swung open with a satisfyingly horror-movie style creak, even though it didn't do that yesterday. I debated whether to wake up Harry or not.

The next thing I knew the door swung open. Having a sudden adrenaline rush when I stepped into the hallway cautiously. I stood a lot more confidently. Even so I watched what Alex was going to do next which I figured was to go wake someone. But I stood at the top of the stairs squinting in the darkness, unfortunately I couldn't see anything. And luckily I couldn't hear any other out of the ordinary noises. This was like the typical horror movie scene but I knew from experience of screaming at the TV when a character would ask 'Hello?' Or 'Is anyone there?' Because it's not like anyone would reply. I also knew not to go in the room without anyone. Then again we're going to investigate where the noise came from. Which no one should ever do in a horror movie. Or in this case real life. It was probably wise to get as far away as possible to the creepy noise. Realising this I backed away from the stairs. Just in case something dragged me down them in a few seconds. I smirked at this thought. Must be the adrenaline rush? But I was not going to die tonight that's for sure.

She seemed a lot more nervous than I thought, what with the being a demon and knowing Satan and whatnot. Still, I knocked on Harry's door, gently. Both him and I knew he'd be the one sleeping by the door, since he knows that the window isn't that great. As much as I hate to admit, Harry was the person to investigate anything. But when he opened the door I doubted it. "What?" he groaned, bedridden was the best way to describe him. "We heard a noise... downstairs..." I suddenly felt afraid of my brother. He didn't quite look the same when he'd just woken up, but maybe that was because I didn't see him until he reemerged from his room, tidy. "You've been telling scary stories or something. Alex, you're not a baby. Go back to bed." He shot a glare at Luxana suspiciously, like he felt she was out to get him. Well, he wasn't leaving his room. "Fine, I'll do it by my self." And for some reason, he dashed down stairs at the sound of me being alone in the middle of the night with Luxana. "Well, that was easier than I thought," I turned to her with a smile.

I put my hands up when Harry shot me that look. Wow he really does hate me. Especially since he dashed down the stairs. I lowered my hands frowning. I was kind of dissapointed because it would have been cool to go investigate something. It probably wasn't even important but we could have pretended it was. And I was also disappointed about Harry being so fucking rude. It's not like I would have done anything to him. I'm definitely going to confront him about it when he comes back though.

I noticed Alex had said something to me. I didn't really know what he actually said but I was worrying about why someone didn't like me. So I just nodded, it was just easier to agree with whatever he had said.

"Come on, we can't let Harry have all the fun," I followed after, though he waited for us at the bottom of the stairs. Perhaps he was only waiting for me. I guess he didn't like when she was in his room earlier, though I think he should get over it. Turning back to make sure Luxana had followed and my brother suspected I was going to say something, because he put his fingers to his lips. What was next? The Mission Impossible theme playing in the background? I felt like I was in a spy movie. Weird.

I rushed down the stairs after the two of them. I almost burst out laughing when I saw what Harry was doing but I held back my temptation. I was going to say that we should switch on the lights because then people won't be a ble to sneak up on you as easily because I mean it's not pitch black. I averted my eyes onto the walls looking for a switch.

I smirked at Luxana - I know, it's awful, right? - was what I wanted to say. For now, lips zipped. Harry began to edge towards the kitchen, even though I never said it was in the kitchen, though, with his brain, he had a logical explanation ready. He stuck to the walls; ambush from behind, maybe? I just walked, not really getting the caution thing. I could walk through this house blindfolded. Well, I couldn't, because I'd walk into a table or something, but I mean that I know this house really well. And I could literally walk through the attic blindfolded. I wonder how well Luxana knows her house. Ugh. Thinking of her again.

I sighed watching Harry's mission impossible episode him as the star. I just walked in the middle of the rooms following even so. For some reason demons hearing was amazingly good. Or maybe it was just me. I closed my eyes anyway to enhance the hearing it whatever, I didn't hear anything but I figured it would be easier if we just turned the god damn lights on. I mean they were wizards and I was a demon. They really think we have to sneak up on someone or something that we don't even know is actually in the house yet!

Another noise came from the kitchen. It was a moment of panic. As if they believed the house was empty. I didn't really want to go in, but Harry went in and the person turned. This was the second weirdest thing to ever happen to me. The first was definitely Luxana flirting with me. I glanced at the glowing red eyes. They watched us, and I felt glued to the spot. Harry stayed still as well, as if he believed he wouldn't be noticed.

I noticed glowing red eyes. Something about them were familiar but I didn't quite know what. My own greeny blue eyes glowed in return. I glanced at the boys, and was surpised to see them not moving. Way to be men. I rolled my eyes before returning eye contact with the mysterious figure. It seemed we were in some sort of stare down. That is until I found the light switch, with one swift flick the lights shot on shocking everyone but me.

I didn't expect the light to turn on. As if the glowing eyes of both the intruder and Luxana weren't illuminating the room enough, my friend decided she was going to kill us all by blinding. Harry must have felt the same because he looked even more bedridden. The figure, a slender human-like person with red skin, red eyes... a bit like the devil in cartoons, minus the fork and tail, and had no pupils, and it said something. I couldn't hear it, I could only make out two words: 'Velvet, coming'. With that, it ran back out the opened back door. Ugh. All because we didn't lock it earlier. "Okay, go to bed and stop using holograms or whatever on me," Harry scowled, not even waiting for a 'it is not a prank' before he rushed out the door.

I blinked at the creature. It wasn't how Satan actually looked so it was probably one of his workers. Which I refuse to be.
"Are you actually kidding me." I was defiantly going to have a go at everyone down there. Well that's what I hoped I would do.
Walking over to the door I shut it and finding the key still in it locked it. I looked over at Alex, switched the light off and without a second thought pulled him back up the stairs. I wasn't the slightest bit scared or shaken up by this. I was just mad. Red hot anger filling my body. Which softened when I looked at...well the person that I was dragging up the stairs.
"Sorry for that quick exit." I muttered looking at the ground once we had reached the top.

"That was possibly the strangest thing ever. Also, pretty awesome. Your eyes glow in the dark?" I started as she dragged me up stairs. She didn't seem at all nervous. More annoyed. Though she seemed to calm when we reached the top. Maybe it was because Harry wasn't there with a smart-not-smart comment. "It's okay." Sure, it was freaky, but I like the whole glowing thing.

"Yeah...I guess it's cool." I say not moving my eyes from the ground. How did he not notice before? I was kind of embarrassed now but I didn't have a clue why. Only the slightest bit embarrassed the rest mostly anger.
I didn't want to lash out on him because I'm angry even though I knew I couldn't. But I didn't make eye contact even so.

She only guesses? What can she not do? Well... I don't want to ask because she seems pretty ticked off I didn't say anything about it earlier. Mostly because I supposed I wasn't paying as much attention. Well, I was tired. It's not my fault. Maybe she's just tired. People get crabby when the lack sleep, that, and some demon thingy... like stereotypical looking demon... broke into my house. "Well, at least it wasn't a physchopath that's going to kill my family," I joked.

"No one actually broke in..." I said looking up and chuckling. "Since no one locked the fricking door." I teased rolling my eyes at him. My laugh was infectious, well as people have told me. I just think everything's hilarious. But every sentence is better when you're dirty-minded. Your life will be funnier. I sound like I'm doing an advert. And to get a dirty mind it's only £10. Call in at... I chucked at myself. Well I'm just amazing. I thought sarcastically.

I opened the door to Alex's room and leant against it until he walked past.

I went bright red. I'd never forgot to lock the door. I don't forget many things (I do my homework) so it's weird to think I didn't lock it. "Well, I suppose," I sighed, shrugging to seem casual. She found it funny, but I didn't really.

She went into my bedroom before me, and I followed after. I mustn't forget to do my homework, now I think about it. And I need to write everything up in neat... stupid Alex.

"Any plans for tomorrow?" I asked since tomorrow was Saturday. I closed the door behind me smiling. The lights were still on in his room. Which surprised me but then I remembered we switched them on. So you know. We don't die.
I hummed to myself not as angry anymore. Not really tired either.

"Um." Yep... try to juggle homework, work I failed to finish at school, and my home life... and now Luxana too. "Not really," I shrugged. I have Sunday, right? "You?" Surely there was something she was doing, otherwise she wouldn't have asked. Or maybe... no, she doesn't want to hang out with me.

I scanned any possibility of doing anything interesting tomorrow.
"Um..no I don't think so..." I was probably going to avoid going back home, I don't know why well I do but I don't want to tell anyone. I frowned for a split second.
"Are you free then?" I continued. What am I talking about. He said he wasn't doing anything, well he could have lied. But why would he? Would Alex have a reason to lie to me. Stop fucking worrying Luxana. He didn't lie. Right?

There was always that uncertainty in my thought. Like. 'But what if they did.' Or. 'Right?' I guess it's because I have never fully trusted anyone after...well after an incident.

Status
Not open for further replies.