Eagleclaw High School

Status
Not open for further replies.
I said it out loud?! She wasn't supposed to know that. "Um." Why do I have to make things so awkward. "Smart... and creative... and beautiful," I got quieter, hoping to be inaudible, but she was so close to me it was practically impossible she couldn't hear. "Sorry, I've made things awkward," my free hand pinched my leg to stop myself from screaming at myself.

"Normally I make things awkward! And you didn't it was sweet...but you probably said it in just a friend way." My hand slapped over my mouth. Dammit. No! No, no no. What the hell is wrong with me. I decided to just laugh it off and I lowered my hand once again. I had to go and say that. Now I'm worry about being a complete idiot and I don't have to worry any more because I already am!

"For fucks sake." I muttered under my breath and probably out of ear shot.

Oh, she thinks it's sweet. I guess that's okay, I thought to myself, but then she just had to add the next bit. She seemed upset about saying it though. It did make me disappointed that she hadn't realised how I felt about her. Wait... was it spiteful? I think... oh. No, no, no, impossible. I... her... it doesn't make sense. But then she started laughing, which made me mentally sigh. Once again, she is leaving me confused. Perhaps this is what happens when demons lack sleep. "I think we should go to sleep now," I whispered softly, avoiding anymore conversation, closing my eyes to say that I won't be replying anymore.

"Oh..." I was about to say something but it seemed he was already bored of me. I sat up slightly, watching any more movements. Well he closed his eyes he must really not want to talk to me. I just accepted it this time nuzzling into his side once again and daring to place my free hand on his chest. I finally allowed my eyes to fall shut.

I kept my eyes shut despite the noise and the sensation that she was staring at me. She placed her free hand on me, and she must have known when I'd fallen asleep because my breathing slowed, and I slipped into sleep. I wonder whether demons dream or not, or when she went to sleep.

I fell asleep almost instantly, since I was in denial of not being tired. It depended if I was going to have a dream or satan wanted to speak to me which he mostly did through dreams it was weird.

I woke up on a stone hard floor.
"Hello?" I asked into the darkness, I heard the noise echo around me.
I felt the presence of someone beside me.
"Ah...Luxana. So nice for you to drop by." I heard a familiar voice that made me shudder.
"What do you want this time?" I asked trying to be confident.
"Are you going to be evil or not because as Satan I think you should." He cackled.
"I don't know, I don't think I want to be. I mean I can be a good demon." I replied.
I felt a boiling warm hand on my shoulder and a burning sensation.
"You really think that's wise? You will grow up to be evil. I'll make you. And when everyone finds out that you are evil they will leave you."
"B-but. No. N-no. They wouldn't!" I tried to convince myself.
"Believe what you believe. But don't trust all these so called 'friends'" He said swiftly.

I woke up to darkness. I sat up almost immediately and ran my hands through my hair. Shaking my head I read over and over he's just trying to persuade me to be evil. No one is going to leave me. I was boiling warm and probably sweating. I panted slightly in a panicking way. I just needed to calm down. I took some deep breaths.

At some point during my strangely dreamless sleep, the heat of Luxana disappeared, which caused me to wake up to heavy breathing. Guessing from the lack of sunlight, it wasn't time to wake up. She seemed worried about something, sat straight in bed, and breathing differently. "Luxana?" I sounded tired, groggy even. As if I was woken up (I was, but that's not the point). "What's wrong?" I sat up, looking (and feeling) distressed from seeing how anxious - frightened? - she looked. I never thought she had nightmares, but then, people are surprising. She made me feel like it was only right to hold her close and never let go. No, Alex, don't give into temptation. There was very obviously something wrong.

• Useful
Reactions: 1 person
I looked around seeing Alex awake. I sighed.
"Nothing..." Lies thick on my voice.
"I didn't mean to wake you, just go back to sleep." I sighed, okay this part was true. Too be honest I forgot where I was. I held my knees for support, loose tears rolled down my cheeks. Sometimes I really wished I wasn't a demon, the way the nightmares got to me. They shouldn't I was just being over dramatic.

Reactions: OlympusBlood
Let me call a huge bucket of lies on the 'nothing'. You can't say nothing when there's something. Okay, I'm being a bit of a hypocrite but still. I nearly lay down to go back to sleep, realising she didn't want to talk at all, but then noticed she was crying silently. "You're crying though," I answered. "You can tell me." Did she not trust me with what was bugging her?

"I don't want you to be worried about me." I whined, I actually wanted him to worry about me, I don't know. I sighed. I just wanted someone to wrap their arms around me and comfort me. I sounded so pathetic. No wonder Satan didn't think I was evil. Well I'm not but...

I watched his next moves, he's going to just lie down and go to sleep. He doesn't really care about you Lux. He's just using you and then he'll leave. Just like the devil said himself.

No, I won't believe it. He won't just lie down. He wouldn't...

"How can I not worry?" I sighed. It's hard when she's crying and clearly upset. "Come on, what's up?" I have to push her somehow. Back to stubborn. There's something bugging her, and I want to know what. I rest my head on the pillow, but I feel rude and sit back up to make eye contact. Whenever someone says not to worry, it makes me worry more. Everybody else is asleep. I hope we don't wake them up.

"It's just something that happens to demons sometimes. It honestly doesn't matter." I say avoiding his eye contact that he's clearly trying to make. How was I supposed to explain how satan just casually visits demons in their dreams and tells them everyone important is going to leave them, and is trying to force them to be evil. Without sounding crazy.

I'm just driving more people away, why does Satan have to be right all of the time? Well he's not going to be right about me being evil. It's not what I want.

"Oh, okay," I shrugged, not sure what it actually is, but not really wanting to go too deep into the details since I'm not a demon, and it probably happens quite a lot to her. I was going to change the subject when there was a crash from the kitchen. It wasn't a Mum-dropped-a-pan crash or a Harry-fell-down-the-stairs kinda crash either. I could hear sleeping from my parents and my brother (and his friends). I listen for a few moments, but I can't pick up any more sounds. "Strange," I whispered to myself. And it was strange. Perhaps it was just gravity. That, or we're being robbed. Not that there's anything worth robbing.

"What the fuck...?" I muttered. Glancing at Alex, it was hard to look away.
"This is normal...right?" I asked for reassurance from him. I wanted to laugh at this because it should be the normal thing. Right? I wiped away the remaining tears and peaked around the room. And I couldn't see anything because it was pitch black.
"Please tell me that was nothing." I was actually more scared than I put on. I took one last glance at him. I didn't really want to go and investigate because I was warm. Well slightly less now but even so...

"Not... not really," I admitted. "But... maybe it's just the wind," I suggested. I wanted to turn on the light, but I couldn't be sure whether that was a good idea. Maybe I should get Harry, or my parents. "Or... next door or something." One of the neighbours could've been drunk. And yet, I can hear it's very obviously in my house. Perhaps they're drunk and lost.

"Really?"
I whisper to him glancing around.
"You really think so?" I asked tilting my head slightly and returning eye contact. It sounded like it was in the house. I shivered slightly at the thought of some random person sneaking into the house. Well they weren't doing a good job.

"No, I just thought you'd prefer my answer," I replied honestly. I was kinda glad it was dark now because she wouldn't be able to see how all the colour drained from my face. "But, I can wake Harry up. We can check it out, if you want. Maybe a pan was left in a stupid place and it's only just fell."

"Urm..." I didn't want to go and look but I did want to be safe so I just nodded and begun climbing down the ladder. I shivered once again but flicked the light on. The bright glow stung my eyes and I blinked until my eyes regained sight once more. That didn't take long.

I followed after her, shielding my face for a minute or so so the light wouldn't blind me. I took that as a 'yes, we are going', which was somewhat disappointing, because I didn't really want to check it out.

"Are you sure you want to go?" I asked hesitating as I stood at the door. I placed my hand on the door handle.
"We don't have to but what happens if we don't and it's a physcopath and he wants to kill everyone and it's our fault if he does...I mean it probably won't be and it will be something stupid..." I was rambling. So that meant I was worried. I moved my hand from the door handle and covered my face with my sleeves sighing.
"I'm just being stupid." I muttered.

Status
Not open for further replies.