Eagleclaw High School

Status
Not open for further replies.
I texted my address: 3 Ashfield Drive. It was a nice neighbourhood, bog standard, similar to my house, with two bedrooms and a box room. Of course, I had the box room. It had one of those beds that had a ladder, with a desk underneath and a chair. I came down from my bedroom, deciding it was better than being grounded. "Mum. Dad. My friend is coming over--" I was interrupted, "Alex, you know I don't like Ellis," I continued, ignoring the comment, "Because she's gonna share notes. So just...leave me alone." I sighed. They'd reacted similar to how I expected. "You have a friend who is a girl?!"

I looked up from my phone once again, checking I had the right address. In front of me was a really nice house. Well compared to mine. I walked up to the front door and knocked. I shuffled my feet on the basic welcome mat waiting for an answer. I obviously was nervous I haven't really had many 'friends' before if I could call him my friend. I was surprised my mum hadn't investigated me to see where I was really going but since I was dropping of some homework, she didn't need to ask.

"Yes, my friend is a girl," I sighed, before opening the door at the sound of a knock. I gave her a small smile. "Thanks." I wasn't sure what to do next. "Umm...yeah, thanks." My mum lingered behind me, at the bottom of the stairs.

"I'm not going to just leave you with my homework. Sorry." I said still not moving from where I was standing a safe distance away from meeting anyone new. I've heard of this 'best wizard ever' Harry and I did not want to meet him.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Then do you want to come in?" I questioned, my mum watching us. I didn't really want her to come in, because no doubt I'd be embarrassed by someone.

I hesitated for a second. I couldn't see anyone else from where I was stood and I didn't really want to go back to the garlic infested house.
"I-i...If you're sure." I stuttered, plus I couldn't really walk inside because he was kind of blocking the entrance. I handed my notes to him.

I stood out the way, "Yeah, I guess." My mum got the picture and left. "Thanks by the way." I'd probably said it a few times. But I was pretty grateful.

I stepped in cautiously, once I had adjusted to my surroundings I stood up straight.
"Nice place." I threw in a cheeky smile with dimples. My phone buzzed and I took a quick glance at it before putting it away.

"Umm...thanks," I replied, "Should we go...err...to my room?" It was weird to say that. I'd never really had to invite someone into my bedroom. Mostly because the only person who had come to my house was Ellis, and he just let himself in. I wasn't sure what to do.

"Yeah sure." I muttered fiddling with my hoodie sleeves. I had never really been invited to anyone's house before anyway. But I'd been to some house parties and things like that but not just two people.

I began walking up the stairs towards my bedroom. A girl hadn't been in my house, let alone my room. "It's not very big," I apologised, opening the door.

I followed behind.
"You don't need to apologise." I said once again smiling. I walked inside the room basically just avoiding anyone else in the house.

I opened my bag, pulling out my book. "Umm...so this is my room."

"Great, so you don't get magic?" I said smirking weirdly not uncomfortable.

"I'm just not good at concentrating," I shrugged. "I get bored. Or tired. Or distracted, you know?"

"Can't you get your brother to help or something?" I asked again.

"Yeah, but I need to copy the notes, I promise it'll only take a minute," I replied, copying the notes out she gave me, writing in shorthand to speed it up.

"Oh okay..." I said and I must have sounded disappointed that I had to leave. Urgh garlic.

I heard something like disappointment. "I mean, you don't have to go... I'm not doing anything anyways," I wondered if she'd think I was a bit weird.

"Is that okay? I mean with your family. And food...and such?" I asked pointlessly. I was still awaiting an answer even if the questions were pointless.

Status
Not open for further replies.