Eagleclaw High School

Status
Not open for further replies.
My plant wilted, and I frowned. The person next to me I'd barely ever uttered a word to. He ignored my struggle, and I didn't really know what to do. My notes told me that I needed to do something but how I wasn't sure. Another class I was going to fail. Luxana came inside late, but our teacher just continued with the lesson as if nobody had turned up late. If I wasn't so bad at healing, I'd probably turn up in the last five minutes. I'd trade away my talent, whatever it is, to get good at everything I actually need to be good at. I chose trying to help the plan a bad option. I'd do it wrong, no doubt.

I looked up, I think she's talking to me. That's a first. "Oh, hi." I said smiling. Maybe this term I will make some new friends. My smile faded as I remembered something, the punishment for calling out the magic teacher was that I had to attend demon hunting class. That was actually really selfish of the magic teacher. I should complain to Satan. Just because I'm from hell and I'm a demon doesn't mean that I'm evil.

I noticed Alex was struggling so I stood up pretending to throw something away in the bin and healed his plant for him, since it was so difficult. I rolled my eyes. I'm pretty sure he thinks I'm doing this to be 'friends' actually I just don't want a teacher I like to go through the trouble of dealing with it. But I guess I don't really mind Alex. He's okay.

My plant suddenly didn't die? What?! It took me about three minutes to realise it wasn't me and I definitely hadn't developed some awesome way to do everything. Obviously. Which was slightly disappointing. I glanced to the person next to me (it's bad that I don't even know his name) and he was not happy, so I supposed it wasn't him. I realised that it must have been Luxana. Since she was the only person who'd walked past, and the only one who wasn't looking fed up. There's two reasons, I suppose. One is she wants to be friends - which I hope is the reason. The other is she despises me and wants to rub it in my face that she's better than me, and make me feel stupid. Either way, I feel slightly stupid. I shouldn't. My family would call me jealous of other kids. But I'm not jealous, not really.

I sat back down at my desk doing nothing in particular. I mean, come on, Demons are almost known for their trait in healing, curses e.t.c. It's nothing special. The teacher with soft eyes finished what she was saying and then rose her voice.
"Okay, you are all dismissed for lunch." She said smiling.
It was liked a stamped of people flooding out of the room. Are supernaturals really that hungry? Surely not. But they could be serving souls...that was the only good dish at EagleClaw.

Once I had packed my bag up again, I decided to go to the library once again after getting lunch. I waited in-line and eventually got my food. I was right they were serving souls. Now I just had to climb up the ladder to the second floor of the library one handed...great. I can defiantly do that.

I packed my bag, not really wanting to have to spend another torturous moment in that class. I waited outside for my friend, Ellis. He was surprisingly quick (so he must be hungry) and dragged me along to the lunch room, pushed the queue, grabbed lunch, and then dragged me to the library. "I need to copy your homework!" he nearly shouts but composes himself last minute from his pained expression, speaking calmly but his eyes looked like he'd just been told there was going to be a nuclear war. "You know, for Crafting class?" That was our chosen extra, it was an optional class but honestly, it was one of the things I was good at. Mostly because my mistakes were changeable, and accidental fire was applauded. Unfortunately, it wasn't a graded class. So...useless. "Okay..." I bring out my book (too slow) and he wolfs down his food in a minute. I begin eating mine, finding entertainment in his panic.

A loud, panicking sentence screamed from across the library and I almost fell off the ladder that I had almost reached the top of.
"Oh crap..." I squealed louder than intended. I sighed in relief when I caught my balance. I finished climbing and closed the trap door at the top of the ladder, I placed my food on an old, dusty crate and ate it in a few minutes. I realised no one really came up to the 'attic.' And I was happy that it had become my hangout. Well I wasn't positive that no one came up here but there were no signs I have noticed that someone does. So far at least.

But knowing me I have just probably taken someones place. I picked up an old dusty book that turned out to be, 'The diary of Mia Smoke.' That name rung a bell. It sounded so familiar. I searched my brain for anyone I knew of that name. Where had I heard it before.
I read on getting more creeped out and interested every second. It was like a document of all the supernaturals but I noticed on the demons page it had my name on it. I almost dropped the book.

I jumped at the scream, but either my friend did not hear, or he was ignoring it. Most likely the latter. He'd never missed a homework and I suppose he wasn't starting now. I continued to eat. In horror movies, normally the people who check stuff out get killed, so I ignored it too. "Wait, what's my side of this deal? I thought you were going to help me study." He grinned, "Alex, you know I'd help you. But, honestly? You're a lost case. Sorry, bro, but you aren't very good at this wizard stuff. Maybe try something else."

((I updated my last post.))

I once again heard a noise from across the library.
"Luxana Velvet..." A creepy voice yelled. I was officially freaked out but I had to stay calm. I pushed the document into my bag and started climbing down the ladder. I stopped halfway realising I could climb on the bookshelfs from this height, I lept down onto one, crouching in my position. The library was actually really big. I looked around not noticing anyone. Weird and creepy things have happened to me before. I mean I am a Demon and I know Satan personally but really. People are now coming to my school. I'm overreacting it's probably just someone asking for homework or something.

I shuddered at the sound of the voice. "You know what, next time? Do your own homework instead of asking for my help, because I'm failing and you don't help me, so why should I help you?" I hissed angrily to my friend, taking my book and shoving it in my bag. "Also, I gave you the fake answers. It'll be a good lesson for you to be bottom in the class for once," I smirked, picking up my bag. "You serious?" I nodded, "Deadly." Just to scare him. Of course they were the right answers. I'd be stupid to put fake ones in my book. I begin walking to the door.

I lost my balance and fell. "Shit." I muttered clattering to the ground. "Owww." I whined standing up. Realisation hit, I had to get out of the library or I could have been killed by a demon hunter or something.
"The hunters will get you Luxana..." The voice howled even louder. I raced to the door and saw a figure standing there who I quickly pushed aside mumbling a quick sorry. But I was going to be murdered and I was not going to be hunted. No way on earth or in hell. Once I was out of the library I leant my back against a locker breathing shakily. I'm fine. Nothing happened.

Luxana pushed past me. I didn't even know she was in here. That's how much attention I pay to my surroundings. I shrugged, she probably forgot something in class and needed to get it. I didn't think about it, and went to my locker. I did feel bad for Ellis, but what can you do?

I've been stalked before but no one had actually had the nerve to come to my school. Or maybe it was the diary I picked up. Was it cursed. No I would have been able to tell. I sighed. It was taking all my effort to not break down in tears but I'm not like that. I wouldn't do that. I'm not going to do that. Ever.

I opened my locker when I noticed somebody was fiddling with the combination code. "Excuse me? Wrong locker?"

I saw Alex at a locker a few rows down. He was talking to someone so I didn't bother interrupting.

The person ran away. Weird. Were they trying to break into my locker? I have nothing expensive in there worth taking. I opened it up, confused. Less confused when I noticed the white envelope inside. No address, no to and from, no stamp, not even a seal. Inside only has one word: Death. Because that's definitely not depressing. I kind of wish I hadn't argued with Ellis because I need his intelligence. It's probably a harmless prank anyways. Probably.

I walked over to Alex grabbed him by the arm and led him to a corner. I realised he was a lot taller than me.
"Do you have any idea what is going on?" I whispered to him.

What is it with everyone grabbing me today? I barely have time to react before Luxana drags me to a corner. "Are you talking about the letters? They're probably just pranks. Unless you're not talking about them... I'm confused. Explain," I end up making myself puzzled, and probably Luxana in the process. I noticed that she was shorter than me; I guess when I sit down I don't really notice.

I tried to make myself taller. Damn me being small.
"In the l-library, a creepy voice was calling m-my name a screaming and I'm honestly terrified." I say my voice shaking looking up to him.

"Are you ill? I mean, hallucinating or something?" I wondered aloud. "Maybe you're just stressed. But if you're really scared, there's quite a lot of people here who I'm sure care a lot about you..." which lead me to the question I really wanted to ask, So why did you come to me? Of course, she was scared. As a friend (or acquaintance, whatever) I'd help her out and all. Sometimes someone beside you helps. Well, at least, that's what I think.

"You have got to be fucking kidding me, why did I even come to you if the first thing you're going to do is not believe me. What the hell is wrong with you?" I questioned. I should of gone to someone smarter. Who knows that Demons don't even get ill. Someone who won't fricking judge me and say I'm wrong. "I know you heard everything in the library you smartass." I said defensively. Maybe it was because he thought a lot of people cared about me or maybe it was because he didn't believe me. Probably that.

Status
Not open for further replies.