Dungeon Crawl! Stylized Adventure (Open)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I may have to drop out of this, there have just been so many posts and I don't think I'll be able to bring myself to read them any time soon. Even if I did, I'm not sure I would be able to keep up with everyone right now. So perhaps I will see everyone next time around.

One of the things I like about episodic gameplay is that it's easier to summarize everything. We're still near the beginning of episode 2 by the way.

Pilot: The party enters the dungeon and meets a man by the name of Ron. He shows them the city of Vegas, which is later attacked by a group of raiders. The party (hopefully), helps the town out, and soon discovers they are growing an army to take over the town. Vegas is on its last legs and requires the party to help. The PCs end up not caring much about the town and instead trek further into the dungeon, where they are led into the raider camp. The raiders summon a demon which they later defeat but vows to return. (Billy Episode)

EP 1: The adventures continue through the dungeon but become lost. James finds himself missing Anya's birthday, forgetting to bring her something. Unfortunately, he can't on account of him being in a dungeon. Almost as if too conveniently, they stumble upon the lonely lab of a wizened artificer. The artificer offers James a robot dog, but in return the party must help the artificer with his latest invention, a magic teleportation crystal, which can send items between individuals at long distances.(James Episode)

Additionally, we have a demon's head in a jar now and we're using it to cook food. Also, we're going to fight magic death worms.

If this is still accepting new players, I'd like to join in.

I don't remember if we are. Better just make a CS now.

Yeah. A lot of people become MIA after a while so we always have a bit of extra room. Feel free to make a character.

A fight with an unkillable demon whose head was truncated from its body and put in a jar to be used as a stove, and the ripping of magical crystals out of giant albino contrictors.

I'm about to wrap up the episode, so pretty soon.

In that case, can I reserve a character slot too? ^_^

Work In Progress:

Name: Lily Rhine

Apparent age: about 20.

Actual age: N/A; reasons are explained below. This form has existed for 19 years

Race: Water sprite

Physical appearance: *will write*

Character Concept: Water mage, trickster

Equipment:
* An enchanted water bottle filled with, well, water.. Although it's not much larger than the average field bottle lots of people have, the content volume is much larger. Put simply, it's like a Bag of Holding, but only for water. It is, however, not truly bottomless, and it can and will run out if not refreshed every once in a while. The contents of this bottle are both used to drink and to serve as fuel for her magical attacks.
* A simple staff, used mostly as a tool to control aforementioned magical attacks. (By 'Staff', I mean the classical mage staff, not the Eastern Monk-type Staff). It's set with a large aquamarine at the tip, and the side has several runes on it.
* A bunch of random tools, including a small utility knife (Which is pretty much worthless for combat, even if Lily knew how to use it properly), a sleeping bag (Which has a special enchantment on it to allow it to keep water in, essentially turning it into a bubble of sorts), and some rope. Lily, by virtue of being a spiritual being that doesn't need to eat, doesn't carry food around. Similiarly, her innate weakness to heat means that a fire starting kit would be useless to her in just about any circumstance.

Personality: Playful and outgoing, somewhat childish, Lily treats pretty much everything like a game. She's not exactly stupid though, and knows when to just get the F away. Still, she loves to play pranks on people just for the heck of it, doubly so if she feels like she can get away with it.

Goals:
- To become strong enough to get a certain jerkass monster to leave her spring.
- Finding friends
- Having fun

Beliefs:
- Have respect for nature; Whatever you do to it, it will repay the favour.
- There's no reason to be sad anout things from the past. Either move on or fix your problems, but don't pout over them.
- Whatever you do, make sure you have fun doing so.

Background:
A spirit of nature, 'Lily' has technically lived as long as water itself. Whenever a Sprite body 'dies', his/her spirit is drawn to the nearest large body of her element -- in Lily's case, water. As a result, they're technically impossible. However, under normal circumstances, Sprites do not retain their memories if such a thing happens.
As for her current Cycle, Lily's been living in a sprite in a forest near the kingdom for quite a while. However, recently a monster has come in and claimed the sprin as his own, chasing off any and all of the original residents. Lily, noy being an idiot, decided to go away for now. Taking her enchanted bottle and trusty staff, she set out to find calmer waters (pun may or may not be intended). Eventually, though, she's planning on reclaiming her spring, both for herself and all the other sprites who lived in and around it.

Racial Traits: All sprites have innate control over their element. Which, in Lily's case, would be control over water. This includes water vapors (And technically steam. However, see below for why this generally causes problems) ,but does not include ice or other solid forms of water. On an addendum, this also means that she is effectively immune against water attacks pointed at her -- assuming that it's not ice or something like that, of course.
Although Lily can not truly create water from nothing, she can draw water out of the air if said air is humid enough. In addition, she can use her own body's reserves to attack enemies with. However, this drains her out even faster than she would normally, so it's pretty much only used as a last resort, when not doing so means imminent death anyway.

As a water sprite, Lily is very dependant on, well, water, and needs to drink/absorb large amounts of it in order to survive - failure to do so will first lead to her powers weakening and her starting to feel dizzy. Further lack of hydration will result in hindered mobility and groggyness, unconciousness and eventually death. Of course, this would technically happen to humans too, but it happens far quicker with Lily. If completey derived of any source of water, the process might take as little as 24 hours, even shorter if the area she's in is abnormally hot. As a precaution to this, she always carries an enchanted bottle filled with water on her, which she guards as if her life depends on it. Which, to be fair, pretty much is the case.
She has a low heat tolerance, and can't stand freezing cold either. Large open fires are an especially big no-no, for reasons that should be obvious. Open water, on the other hand, allows Lilly to regenerate any injuries she might have. However, this process is far from instant, depending on the severity of the injury. Small injuries like cuts and bruises are healed relatively fast, but major injuries (Pretty much anything that would be deadly if not treated quickly enough) can take several hours.

Known skills:

Known spells/powers:

------

Well, like I said, it's a WIP. One of the main problems I have is, due to the very detailed Racial Traits bit, I sort of ran out of things to say in the Skills and Spells/Powers sections. Whoops ^_^, ...
Either way, I'll think of something. Either way, not counting empty spots, which will obviously be filled in later, do you see any problems with the CS as it is now?

Status
Not open for further replies.