Dungeon Crawl! Stylized Adventure (Open)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't worry! We'll make a man out of her! Just need to montage to the Mulan song, ????, manhood

What do we want? A girl worth fighting for!

Wait... No, that's not right...

@Panser I post when there is something for my character to do. She is not exactly a social butterfly, in case you haven't noticed.
Question: Why are you being such a grump about posting speed, then? It's not like you're typing things up.

I don't actually care much for posting speed. I'll move the plot along as long as someone's there to see it.

@Parser I was not being a grump about it, I was just stating how it made me feel. Over all it does not bother me a whole lot. There are a couple people, if I am not mistaken, who have not posted intros? With that in mind, it just seemed like things were going a bit too fast. If Cage is okay with it, though, I'll just leave it at that.

I'll go at whatever pace feels appropriate. Right now, the mood is slow, so we can take it slow for now.

@Parser

You asked "What exactly is a hedgewitch?" You did not ask "Can you explain your race?"

Tone down your attitude, dude. You're rude and irritating. I guess you're living up to your title.

@Parser

You asked "What exactly is a hedgewitch?" You did not ask "Can you explain your race?"

Tone down your attitude, dude. You're rude and irritating. I guess you're living up to your title.
No, what's happening is that I'm choosing to be direct about this. You, on the other hand, are being rather passive-aggressive.

No, what's happening is that you are needling and wheedling about something you shouldn't even care about since you're not even apart of the roleplay.

Reactions: Batty
No, what's happening is that you are needling and wheedling about something you shouldn't even care about since you're not even a part of the roleplay.
I plan to join up next episode, actually. I've been nothing but civil towards you and in return you've given me naught but flak. That's not very neighborly of you.

Spamming reaction images isn't really being civil yourself.

Now there's no need to stoop to her level.
Neir, I appreciate your help, but I don't think she wants to have a discussion right now. Let's all just leave off and let Princess cool off for a bit. No need to let this escalate into a spam-off.

Tea, Parser was just being curious. If he wants to ask questions, he has every right to. Part of it was my fault, I should have taken responsibility and explained to him instead. Maybe that way, we could have avoided our little bout here. If you wanted to have some things revealed later on, or if you just didn't feel like answering, just say so. I can't say anything about the others, but I personally won't hold anything against you.

Thanks. ^^ And yeah you probably should have said something.

You know guys, I have a Rule 4 which states that you should all be cordial to each other. I don't like to enforce these rules too often because I assumed we were all mature enough to handle it alone.

We're going to have to discuss what sword sorcery you really have, but apart from that, Lalo is accepted.

Reactions: 2 people
It's acrobatic and flashy animu sword play bullshit, or like Acrobatic warrior with at least the Inhuman skill modifier with some dominus techs in Anima

Last edited by a moderator:
Name: Billy Bane and his Wondrous Talking Sword

Race: Human

Character Concept: Peasant kid with a magical talking sword

Physical Appearance: He's a kid with short-cut dark brown hair, sort of short for his age; he dresses like an 18th century farmer: breeches, shirt, jacket, and cap with a scabbard at his hip or back depending on the situation, though his sword is usually kept in hand, much to Billy's chagrin.

Equipment: Magic talking sword, scabbard, burlap sack, some turnips, jerky, bread crusts, a bit of hard cheese, waterskin, coinpurse, whetstone, tinderbox, bandages, fireproof urn with Sunset's still-living head

Personality: Billy doesn't want to go adventuring. Billy just wants to stay home and plant turnips and play hoop-and-stick and not go down into some horrible murder cave with a bunch of total strangers. Sadly for Billy, his sword has other ideas.

Goals: 1.) Get this adventure over with
2.) Get home in one piece and make sure the turnip harvest is coming in alright
3.) Get rid of this sword (Not actually possible)
*1.) Fulfill a nebulously-defined prophecy
*2.) Have adventures
*3.) Kill stuff

Beliefs: 1.) Adventures are dumb
2.) Prophecies are dumb
3.) People die when they are killed
*1.) Adventures are awesome
*2.) Prophecies are important
*3.) People die when they are killed

Background: Billy was working in the fields one day when the plowshare turned up some sort of shiny bit of metal. After digging it out of the ground, Billy found it to be a beautifully-crafted longsword, bright and sharp as the day it was forged. As he looked closer, he found that there was some writing on the side. "Whosoever finds this sword-" it said "-is destined to slay the Twelve Great Demons"
Now, granted, turning up weapons in the soil wasn't exactly an uncommon occurrence- his family's farm, as well as the surrounding farms, had been built upon the spot where the King of Iron and the Hanged Man had fought their final battle- but what was unusual was that the sword started talking about going on magical adventures, which- while exciting at first- got a bit irritating after it was repeated a hundred or so times. He's tried getting rid of it, but the sword just shows up again later; something about how they're "bound by fate" or whatever; the sword hasn't been very clear on that part.

Racial Traits: Nope, regular human

Known Skills: Billy knows how to run a farm, he knows how to milk a goat, he's borderline literate, and he plays a mean game of hoop-and-stick. The sword, for its part, grants Billy strength, speed, and swordplay far beyond that of a mortal man.

Known Spells/Powers: No real powers, but Billy cannot be separated from his sword. It just sort of shows up again when no one is looking. According to the sword, it's because the two are "bound by fate", but Billy is somewhat skeptical.

Note: * or ORANGE text is things pertaining to the sword

Last edited:
Name: Ella

Race: Utraean

Character Concept: Cartographer magical girl/sorceress

Physical Appearance: Her race looks almost exactly like a human, save for her skin tone. Her features are soft, her skin is a lighter shade of grey-ish blue, and her face is adorned with a butterfly-shaped dark blue tattoo, a symbol of her family. She wears a light tan shirt with matching pants, with a knee length skirt shaped in a way to resemble a string of leaves, that also has a cut that reveals some of her (clothed) thighs.

Utraean.png

Equipment: Her clothes, Spellbook, quill, ink, 100 pages of parchment safely locked away in two metal-shod oaken boxes, staff, (bedroll, blanket, roughly 10 feet of rope) waterskin, dry rations.

Personality: Cheerful and loving people, she is always there, always eager to help, no matter the results. She also loves magic, trinkets, and maps, and this has been the way since she was a little girl.

Goals:
*Explore the Dungeon (and the next... and the one after that...)
*make maps
*find interesting items to take home, souvenirs or items of great value it matters little.

Beliefs:
*Every obstacle can be overcome
*Magic solves everything
*Everyone deserves love.

Background:
She was raised in the mountain town of Arhok, and was sent to Illicor to study in the Utraean Library. She enjoyed herself there, but quickly got bored of the magic lectures and repetitive practices. To change her pace, she embraced cartography and has been drawing maps ever since, often traveling to strange and interesting places in the process. The Dungeon is just another chance for her greatness.

Racial Traits:
Magical attunement: She can learn magic easier than others.

Known skills:
Drawing, tongues and cooking.

Powers:
Light, Water Creation, Ice Shard (arrow-sized) (summon and send flying)

Attachments

• Utraean.png
    Utraean.png
    14.4 KB · Views: 3
Last edited by a moderator:
Billy and Ella are both accepted; but you probably already know that.

It was my destiny to be here; in the box.

Status
Not open for further replies.