Dungeon Crawl! Stylized Adventure (Open)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome aboard Lieb. I like your character- very interesting concept.

Name: Rue Noir

Race: Dune Folk

Character Concept: A Guide, in way over her head.

Physical Appearance: Her skin is a light brown, her hair a frizzly black pony tail, she typically wears a head covering over it. Her eyes are steely gray, though you wouldn't see it for the goggles she wears over them, at least while she's outside. She tends to wear tan and white robes that go down to her ankles, revealing her always bare feet. She is svelte and tall.

Equipment:
A Khopesh with a various curious pattern on the blade, Her clothing, a Journal, Dried rations, a Waterskin, smoked goggles and a bone flute.

Personality: Rue is an inquisitive woman, she is prone to write down what she observes in short hand, as the knowledge may prove useful later on.

Goals:
Get the group back and intact as reasonably possible.
Find some way to profit from this obvious disaster.
Do her clan proud.

Beliefs:
A Guide does the work she agrees to, there is little more detestable than a deserter.
Where is Peril, there can be profit if one but looks.
The Endless Dungeon is not just dangerous, it is malevolent. Evil.

Background: For hundreds of years, the Black Road Clan has lived out in the Eternal Desert. Sleeping during the day in great black tents, wandering and later exploring under the stars, the Black Road Clan are the pride of the Dune Folk. They are renown as the best Guides and Explorers in The Eternal Desert, Clarksland, and by their own claims the entire world. Rue Noir, is one of the latest Scions of this proud family owned business and has accepted the job of taking a group to the City of Fallen Angels. Except there was a slight misunderstanding. Her job was not to take this group of softfoots to the Endless Dungeon. But to take them through it. All the way. To the King's Slayer himself. Despite having never gone further than the city center, where the dungeon begins.

Needless to say, Rue wasn't counting on this.

Racial Traits: Dune Folk can see almost perfectly in the dark, as a result they are quite photosensitive. Their feet are also ridiculously durable, it is less painful for a snake to bite a rock than the sole of a Dune Folk's foot.

Known Skills: Rue is a fair hand with her Khopesh and is very agile, whether she is swimming, climbing or running. While she isn't like the Sirenes of her people's folklore, she can blow out a few jaunty tunes on her flute. She can also read and write.

Known Spells/Powers: Rue always knows which direction magnetic North lies. It is an ability that's run in her family for generations.

Last edited by a moderator:
Name: Anaxarete

Race: Hedgewitch

Character Concept: Hedgewitch stuck with cleaning up her sister's mess.​

Physical Appearance: Short and curvy with curly brown and red hair that defies gravity and light brown eyes. She has medium brown skin and a few freckles spattered across her cheeks. She usually wears a long green tunic that looked like the bottom of it went through a shredder, brown shorts, and brown cloth boots. She wears various hair ornaments such as beads and the occasional ribbon and brooch. She also wears a belt with multiple small bags tied to it.

Equipment:
In her tattered rucksack:
- Various pieces of cloth
- Nuts, fruits and vegetables
- Her father, the lemming.
- A worn spell book
- A flask of water
- A necklace made entirely of lock of hair with a closed evil eye dangling from it. (Magical artifact)
In the bags on her belt:
- Various types of dirt and sand
- A few gem stones

Personality: Anaxarete is headstrong and does not put up with anyone's shit. After being mistreated by everyone in her coven for seven years, she's doesn't trust or really like other women.
When interacting with her father or others that she likes, she can be witty and jovial.

Goals:
To reach the Eternal Desert and return the magical artifact.
To find out how to reverse the man to rodent spell, and restore her father.
To find a new home and never return to her coven.

Beliefs: She believes that all of nature and it's animals have a mind and a soul of their own and should be treated kindly.
Bleeding while performing a spell will turn you into a demon.
Never trust another woman to have your back.

Background: Anaxarete was born in two a coven of hedgewitches. Her mother was the High Witch and her father was some poor sap who emptied his loins and got turned into an lemming. That was the way of hedgewitches, they charmed some guy into knocking them up, then they turned them into some type of rodent. Aside from the fact that her father was an animal, Anaxarete lived a happy life with her younger sister, Hemera, until the day that Anaxarete turned sixteen and she met him.

It had been her first time alone in the woods and she had been doing quite well. She was flying through her coming of age, finding all of the herbs she needed and making piece with any animals she came across. But then, he crossed her path. He was a beautiful boy with dark hair and light eyes. His skin was the beautifully pale. She knew right then that she wanted him, but she also knew that she didn't want him to be turned into a rat. So she warned him and made him flee. Little did she know, a sixteen year old's coming of age was always watched.

When she returned home, she was told that she failed her coming of age, and from that day on she was treated as less than by all of the members of the coven. Even her mother. Her father of course, was proud of her and let her know in very cheerful squeaks.

Seven years later and a gross amount of bad luck has befallen the hedgewitches due to Anaxarete's sister, Hemera, stealing an important magical artifact from a non hedgewitch. To make things right, Hemera had to take the magical artifact and leave it in the Eternal Desert, but her mother refused to let her embark on such a dangerous journey, so she sent the next best candidate.

Anaxarete.

Racial Traits:
She only eats nuts, fruits and vegetables and can survive on such.
She can speak to her father but that's only because he was a human before. She can't talk to regular animals, but she can receive any feelings they output.
She can only perform nature oriented magic.

Known Skills: She can climb trees quickly and she's great at foraging. She can also identify multiple types of plants.

Known Spells/Powers:
Animal Scrying: She can see through the eyes of any animal that she has the fur/hair/scale/skin of.

Open for more people?

We always are.

Also, to TV heads and Princess, your characters are accepted. However, you will have to message me a bit of information regarding your character's races.

@Parser

A hedgewitch is a type of witch who uses nature oriented/herbal magic. They are also known as like medicine women. For example, in the past past past if your kid had a cleft lip or a persistent illness you would go to her.

But that's a profession. You have it as a race.

And here I was thinking it a knockoff Sadida

@Parser
I am aware. I put it there didn't I?

Her race is that she is a hedgewitch. She is a witch, but not just any witch, a hedgewitch. Since she never completed her coming of age she has no profession she is simply. A hedgewitch. She uses nature magic but she doesn't use it specifically to help/heal people.

Hedgewitch is a sub type of witch.

I already went over this with the GM, and she/he was cool with it.

@Parser

Her race is that she is a hedgewitch. She is a witch, but not just any witch, a hedgewitch. Since she never completed her coming of age she has no profession she is simply. A hedgewitch. She uses nature magic but she doesn't use it specifically to help/heal people.

Well, would you mind explaining the seperates regular humans who do magic from witches? I'm not trying to be facetious here; I'm honestly curious.

@Parser

Neither witches or hedge witches are races, they're classes.

I don't want to be a jerk or anything. I just pointing this out.

Less races and classes, more posts in the IC.

I really see no problem with Hedgewitch being a race, as I have no problem believing that their genetic make-up would be different from a regular human, especially since they all use magic, and it is apparently a hereditary thing. Witches, historically, were also not seen as human, but previously human, kind of like vampires, or werewolves.

However, I would like to enquire that @Dinorocket possibly slow down the posts? I feel that it is causing people to be left behind a bit. I left in the afternoon with intentions of replying to ComradeSenpai's interaction with my character, and I get back and there are a bunch of new posts, every second one belonging to Dinorocket, and I just feel a bit left behind. Not trying to be rude or anything like that, I just feel like replying after every new post is a bit much in a group role-play.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mundane Monster
Name: Lalo

Race: Meji'kan

Character Concept: Guess
Physical Appearance: Dark skin, slick suit, a nice hat, and large box strapped to his back. Wears the hat low almost obscuring his face. His jacket and pants are dark blue, almost black but not quite. Both have certain amount of distinctive decoration to them.

Equipment:
  • Sword
  • Food & Drink
  • musical instruments
  • bedroll

Personality: His extended traveling has made him weary and as such he just keeps to himself unless it concerns him and more than bit temperamental especially when it comes to further complications.

Goals: To get what he has lost and seeks to recover
To be free of this tiresome duty
Return home without shame

Beliefs: He's tired of your shit.
He's not getting close to his goals anytime soon
To survive is to be as fickle as the wind

Background: Born to a far away place in the Occident. He as young boy did eventually join a native order of musician warriors. It was here he found his calling as he exhibited talent in their disciplines. His good fortune continued as he ascended their ranks, but it would end when one of their relics was to be stolen while being transported from its holy shrine. Now he has singlehandedly decided to recover them on his own; his own obstinate will and pride being the source of his motivation while his search falters.

Racial Traits: Increased endurance, tolerance towards heat, the calling upon of the abilities of a god and his spirit totem.

Known Skills: Fighting, music, reading, writing, some mathematics, athletics

Known Spells/Powers: Magic swordery and magicality infused instrument playing that produces many effects.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Parser

Batty already said it quite well, but I'll elaborate.

Hedgewitches are humanoid creatures born with magic. They are all female, and they live in the forest with their coven. At age 16, all hedgewitches go through a coming of age test and only if they pass it can they go potentially leave their coven and find a profession as a medicine woman/nurse/midwife/adventurer etc.

When I defined hedgewitch for you, I gave the actual textbook definition of hedgewitch, not the definition of the hedgewitch that I had created.

However, I would like to enquire that @Dinorocket possibly slow down the posts? I feel that it is causing people to be left behind a bit. I left in the afternoon with intentions of replying to ComradeSenpai's interaction with my character, and I get back and there are a bunch of new posts, every second one belonging to Dinorocket, and I just feel a bit left behind. Not trying to be rude or anything like that, I just feel like replying after every new post is a bit much in a group role-play.
As an outside observer, I'd suggest posting more than once every three days. It would also help if you character bothered to have any interaction with the rest of the group. Just to make it perfectly clear: Yes, I am criticizing your posting speed. Tact is not my strong suit.

@Parser
When I defined hedgewitch for you, I gave the actual textbook definition of hedgewitch, not the definition of the hedgewitch that I had created.
Well why would you do that? I mean, it seems fairly clear what I was asking.

Last edited:
@Panser I post when there is something for my character to do. She is not exactly a social butterfly, in case you haven't noticed.

Status
Not open for further replies.