DUNGEON CRAWL! - Stylized Adventure Fantasy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gabriel glanced at Billy and his Wondrous Sword, "Well as long as we keep the group safe and content, who cares who's the leader of the merry adventuring band?" Gabriel rolled his arms back as he watched the horse-flesh cook. "Well we have a nice bonfire going. Anyone up for telling a story or two? It's a tradition for adventurers to share their tales around a fire."

Last edited by a moderator:
"You would not need to ask so many questions if you were qualified to preform repairs on me." Rasa rather succinctly retorts.

She then looks over at Gabriel and his bonfire. "I do not have any stories to tell, unfortunately. Nor do I think I count as an adventurer." Another pause. "I should decide on a course of action soon. " Rasa seems unsure. Which isn't all that surprising, given her missing memories (or 'data loss').

Several bodies fell into the hole, creating a wet thump whud thomp.

It was soon followed by a shout, and an armored figure falling on top of them. "Mother FUCKer!" James yelled, clutching his back. He grit his teeth as he stood up, climbing off the horsemen's bodies. "Ahnn.... shit, that hurts. Ow."

After a moment, he collected himself. "Thought you lot were dead, but I heard voices. Figured the fall wasn't lethal, so... I made myself a landing pad." he pointed at the pile with his bloodied hammer. "Calvin and the lance are still up top, though. Too unwieldy."

"So... what are we talking about?" he asked, walking closer. He stopped, and gave a quick look at Rasa. "Hi, I'm James." he introduced himself. "...Have we met? You one of the villagers up there? Sorry about the mess; it was completely unpreventable."

Rasa turns to regard James, looking from the rather ingenious landing pad to the knight that had created it. "That's quite a way to make an entrance. And, hello. I am Rasa. I don't believe we have met, and no I am not a villager. Are you part of this adventuring party?" It's not hard to tell that there's something unusual about her. While her tone of voice isn't outright unnatural, her speech is somewhat robotic. She also tends to stand far more still than most people, and (at least so far) seems less expressive.

"Oh, you're with us then? Must have missed you, sorry." he looked around, then back up. It'd be difficult to exit the way he'd entered. "....You're pretty calm about all this. That's good; you got a clear head. Think straight." he said, patting the girl on her shoulder reassuringly.

"I guess we're just setting up camp right after the attack? No, I understand. You lot must be tired." he drew his knife, and cut himself off a small bite of the horse-meat. "Not bad, by the way. Could use some salt."

"I hope you left your horse with someone trustworthy, odds are pretty good you won't see it again for a while, even if we could scramble our way out." Rue said, scribbling a few notes into her journal.

Gabriel eagerly snagged a chunk of horse meat from the line as he began chewing on it. "Yeah, salt or other seasonings would enhance the flavor. But this is suitable for one of the seven essential meals of the day." Gabriel glanced around at the group "Don't be shy take some horse meat and chow down! We can share stories while we eat."

Gabriel nodded as he went to the pile of horse flesh and began adding more chunks to the line above the fire.

"No, you didn't miss me. I'm not a part of this adventuring party. Though perhaps that might not be so bad of an idea." There's a chance that the dungeon could contain clues about Rasa's origin, or other things of use. Even if it didn't, it seemed like they were adventuring for a worthy cause. Definitely worth considering.

Rasa looks at James as he moves to pat her. "Well, yes. The best way to get your bearings is to remain calm and try to figure out what's happening."

Ella winced when he saw the knightly figure end his fall. "Wow."

She quickly rummaged through her scroll cases and gave two light ones to Rasa. "Here, take these: The map of the city and the map around Illicor. I hope they'll help you. Aand..." at that she turned to the others "I'd like to join this group too, if possible."

Gabriel continued eating horse-meat as he threw his hands up, "Feel free to join our Merry Band of Adventurers! I support that notion. The more the merrier I say!" Gabriel glanced towards the rest of the party, "So fellow members of the band, want to let her in the adventuring party?" He then added a bit more fuel to the bonfire so that it would stay lit, and watched as other pieces of horse-meat he added cook. "Oh, grab some horse-meat, we have plenty. I am sure you could use some food, after all it is time for one of the essential seven meals of the day." he nodded at Ella.

"Seven?" Rue asked, Dune folk, especially the more nomadic ones had breakfast, dinner and whatever they could eat whenever they felt hungry while walking through the night.

Gabriel eagerly nodded at Rue as he took a bite of horse-meat, "Yes. Seven essential meals. The meals tend to be smaller than other races in regards to the size of each meal, but there are seven essential meals. There is First Breakfast, the earliest consumed meal. That is followed by Second Breakfast, which is either more meat or grain based, depending on what was consumed for First Breakfast. Then there is Elevensies, which I believe this particular meal counts under, though I am not sure of the time I can say it wasn't First or Second Breakfast. Then after Elevensies is the Luncheon proper. After the Luncheon there is Afternoon Tea, which does not need tea, despite the name of the meal. However, it is typical if you have tea to have it for Afternoon Tea. Following Afternoon Tea is Dinner, and then the last meal of the day is Supper. These are the essential seven meals of the day, which keeps you satisfied and running for the entire day." Gabriel smiled as he ate another chunk of horse-meat.

"Thank you, this should be useful." Rasa accepts the cartographic offering, and immediately starts looking over the maps. After a little while of this, she speaks (without even raising her head from the map): "Perhaps I could travel with this adventuring party as well. I should be able to be of use, especially in combat circumstances. Perhaps, in exploring the dungeon, we will find something of relevance to myself." She pauses, while still staring into the map. "I am also not sure what else I would do, so this seems like a decent start."

"And, seven meals?" Rasa looks over at Gabriel. "Wouldn't that take up quite a bit of time? I am suddenly glad I don't have to eat."

Eventually, the horsemen simply went away. "Anyone there?" an old, raspy, and noticeably male voice calls out accompanied by the light. Looking up, anyone could see that it was Ron, his long hair hanging off his head. A rope was dropped down into the hole, Ron attaching it to a stick he had punched into the ground.

"It's alright. It's safe." he said, still holding the rope. A bit of the excess rope reached down to the ground of the pit. Around the 'pit', there were several doors. Each one appeared to be locked. Various pieces of paper and strange metal boxes sat at seemingly random places around the room, the boxes each completely stationary and impossible to move.

"We probably could have helped with those horsemen." Rue noted, giving the rope a good yank to make sure it was secure. "C'mon down Ron! We've made dry horsemeat!"

"Yeah, come down and have some horsemeat! We can share some stories as well." Gabriel said glancing upwards at Ron. "Come and share some stories with us! Every good meal needs a good story." Gabriel glanced at Rue, "Does the rope feel securely attached?"

"Probably should support most of us, long as we go one at a time. Rasa might have trouble, I'm not sure how much a-" She glanced at Rasa "-whatever she is weighs."

"That's odd." James knelt down, prodding a box with his knife. "Any of you said you wanted to know more about this place? We can start with these. Might contain maps of the tunnels, maybe some artifacts. Or a booby trap. Fifty-fifty."

Gabriel peered at the one of the mysterious boxes that James brought attention to. "Oooh.. NOW this looks fun, let's take a look!" Gabriel finished the last bits of the meal he considered to be Elevensies. Gabriel took off his backpack, inadvertently knocking off his new bloodied headdress. He quickly placed his headdress back on, as he began searching his bag, "Not that... no, AHA!" Gabriel pulled out a fairly small crowbar. "So, let's take a look shall we?" Gabriel shut his backpack as he placed it back on his back, as he went towards the strange metal box, and tried to see if he could wedge the crowbar in it. "Oh, anyone stronger want to help me open this? Let's just see if this works in opening the mysterious box of untold mysteries!"

Tink, seeing the odd boxes, begins inspecting them. First gives the boxes a through look over; hoping to find any obvious traps. Then he looks for any seams. He then pulls out his dagger from his backpack and taps on the boxes looking for any hollows.

Status
Not open for further replies.