DUNGEON CRAWL! - Stylized Adventure Fantasy

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gabriel glanced at Billy and the Sword. "Ah! Yes, I shall answer your curiosity." Gabriel tapped his left index and middle fingers against his temple. "Magic can be both a verb, and a noun. An example of magic being a noun is when magic refers to influencing the course of event through supernatural means." Gabriel spoke less like an entertainer, but more of a scholar as he did this lecture. "For the noun, the example sentence would be "Roberts used a horrific magic in order to raise the dead." Gabriel pointed his left index finger upwards and continued, "Magic can be a verb as well. Magicked is the past tense form, while magicking is the current tense. I will use both in a sentence. The Necromancer Roberts is currently magicking thousands of souls to serve in his army. The damned souls were magicked into servitude to the Necromancer Roberts".

Gabriel glanced at Billy and smiled, "Does that answer your question? OH, and no, "magics" is not a word proper."

"Told you so."
"Fine, whatever. My point is that you have to get used to running on zero sleep, cause if you don't then some sorta magic man is gonna wave his hands and chant his crazy hoodoo voodoo magic crap and you'll be sleeping like, I dunno, something that sleeps though getting stabbed repeatedly. Then an orc or something walks up and BAM- coop dee grass."
"I don't think that's the right way to say it."
"Semantics"

Gabriel glances at Billy, "OH, did you get any horse-meat? Even if you aren't hungry, you probably want to carry it on you for later!" Gabriel quickly takes off his bag, opens it and reaches into his bag and pulls out some chunks of cooked horse. Gabriel then shuts his backpack and places it back on, as he reaches up to Billy to give the horse-flesh to him.

"As a matter of fact, just who is she?" James called from the top of his hole. He grabbed the nearest pair of lanterns from the slightly raided town, slapping down a handful of coins where he found them before returning to the ledge.
"She's not one of ours, and not a villager. Are you a traveler like us?" he asked Rasa, sliding back down the rope before lighting a lantern.

"I am Rasa. Beyond that, I don't know. I only recently reactivated, and I have suffered near one hundred percent data loss in my memory banks. It's likely that I was lying deactivated somewhere in this dungeon before the raiders found me. I decided not to act immediately, as they appeared hostile and I did not wish to fight all of them at once if I could avoid it. Then, as you have seen, they came and deposited me here, likely thinking me some kind of inanimate object. It's something that I would like to learn as well."

Once everyone is up the rope, Rasa tests it to make sure it can withstand her weight. Her construction isn't super heavy or anything, but it isn't exactly light and it's best not to take chances. She could make her way up via magic, but there was no need for that right now. "Also, should we not deal with the raiders before making any serious incursions into the dungeon? They may well see us as a target, especially if they could catch us when we are already tired and or wounded from a previous battle."

With that said, she climbs up the rope to join the others.

The town of Vegas appeared to be in ruins- more so than it already was. Tents were torn down, the smell of smoke filled the air, a fire apparently having just been put out. All the stores were looted of their wares. The people, however, seemed more or less unharmed. Though there were a few injured, no one seemed to be killed. The carousel, which appeared to have once been in good condition, had been scratched up and dirtied with various scorch marks on it. The cloth had been completely thrown off.

The men on the carousel were all knelt down, heads against the ground. A loud voice could be heard from the top floor of the carousel.

"It looks like they were only after goods; they'll likely give us some time before returning, both to prepare themselves, and let more goods flow in, if they don't just start kidnapping you lot."

He turned to face Ron. "You wanna defend the village? Try and build defensive structures along the perimeter; some sort of wall using wood or any strong material. Additionally, try and craft long spears and bows, enough to arm all the men here. That should take a few hours in all. It's not much, but it's a start. In the meantime, it's my job to explore these tunnels. Think you can do that, Ron? We'll help with the construction when we get back."

Billy stands by the rope, trying to figure out how he's going to climb this rope with a sword stuck to his hand.
"Alright sword, any ideas?"
"Well, you could use your rod of recall."
"What's that?"
"You know, the thing that brings you back to town, like a Town Portal scroll or whatever it is this backwater hellhole uses?"
Billy rummaged around in his sack for a few seconds, "Uh, that looks like a 'no'."
"Damn. Well, the way I see it, you can get your magus friend to magi- wizard you up there-"
"-Also not a word-"
"-Shut it. Your other option, of course, is to just climb the damn thing."
Billy turned to where Veles was snacking on horse chunks, "Mr. Magus, sir? You wouldn't happen to have any levitationg magic or something that can get me up this rope, would you?"

Gabriel stared in absolute horror that befell the people of the Holy Tent. Gabriel fell to his knees, "THEY BLEW IT UP! THOSE RAIDERS BLEW UP THE HOLY CARNIVAL SITE! DAMN THEM! DAMN THEM ALL TO HELL!" Gabriel got up quickly, and with a solemn tear coming from his right eye, Gabriel decided to pull out his flute. He stared in silence at the carnage for a few moments as he began to play a melancholic dirge.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
"what happened here? It looks like a hurricane came through here. I haven't seen this much destruction sense tarrasque incident" Tink wondered aloud thinking back to that traumatic incident.

Rasa, undeterred by no one responding to her, looks back down the hole at Billy. "I could pull you up if you wish."

"Wait one fucking moment." James said, examining the town. The stores were cleared. Even the ones that sold candies and toys. He wanted those stores open. He needed them open. Those raiders were fucking with his plans now, the plans and aspirations that gave him a grin as he fell asleep.

They had to go.

"New plan, fellows. We're eradicating this raider group and winning a place in this village." he stated, and gave a whistle. Calvin trotted up, and James grabbed his lance from where it was tied onto the steed.

Billy gave Rasa a wide grin and held onto the rope with his feet and free hand, "Could you? I'm having some trouble doing it myself."
"Weeeeeeak."
Billy glared at his blade, "Well, I don't see you helping any."
"Hey now, don't go putting this on me! You never even want me to help."
"That's because your idea of helping is to kill everyone in the room."
"Say what you will; it's a good solution."

Last edited:
"Certianly." Rasa hauls Billy up without too much trouble, pulling him out of the pit promptly.

And then she turns to James and the others. "I agree with this course of action."

Gabriel continues playing the sad melody, before pausing a moment. Gabriel holds the flute away, "The raiders shall pay for their actions!" Gabriel then returned to playing the sad tune on the flute.

Rue shot James a glare. "I was not commissioned to help you get yourself killed hunting nobody raiders, James. My job is to bring you, all of you to the bottom of the Endless Dungeon and back, there will be sufficient opportunities for you to squander your life without running after every bandit."

"Yeah, I agree with whatsisname there. I'm not really into sidequests."
"Sword, we talked about this-" Billy scolded as he pulled himself up onto the ledge, "-it's not polite to call people sidequests."
"Yeah, well, I got a sharp tongue on me. Anyhow, I am not a sword of altruOUCH! What the hell was that for?"
"Mostly the pun. Sword, we are going to help these people."
"Can't they just move?"
"Sword I- wait. Actually, that could work. Not like they have any fields.", he turned to Ron, "Excuse me, sir, but couldn't you just move down there? It isn't very safe to have a big hole in the middle of town, after all."

Ron sighed. "I'm afraid that if we moved further, we may have a run in with the riders. Not only that, but we're out of resources. We can't possibly fight against them and even if we did, we can't just keep pushing them forward. If we moved back, they'd keep pushing us back until we reached the surface- not exactly something we want either" Ron explained.

The man turned toward the ruins and looked to the priests on the carousel. "Ultimately though, it's up to the Vegas Kings."

"No, see, there's this giant cave here-" Billy indicated the hole in the ground, "-and there's no way to get horses down there. Seriously, It'll take a few days at worst to get everyone moved."
"Sort of like dorfs."
"You mean dwarves?"
"I know what I said."

"Vegas Kings?!" James exclaimed. "Who are the Vegas Kings?"

Status
Not open for further replies.