DUNGEON CRAWL! - Stylized Adventure Fantasy

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Really" he said with utmost curiosity as he inspected the blade as if it were just another item. He then continued, "So no supernatural sharpness, enhanced durability or lack of maintenance?No enhanced senses or fighting skills? No inherent magical properties via material or magic blessings? Not even coolopert lattice matrices to allow for efficient energy charging? No x-foe type smiting enhancement. It just talks and entertains and returns to its owner?

Ella laughed nervously. "I meant cartography, be assured. It's not as glamorous as slaying a dragon..." she nodded to the halfling "...or rescuing a princess from a nefarious villain. Uh, Gabriel? Where are you to find this Slayer?"

Gabriel's eyes shined with excitement as Ella asked her question. Gabriel dramatically threw his hand upwards, "The King's Slayer exists in the most abhorrent abyss of this dungeon. He lingers far deeper in this place than any mortal man, or woman, has ever dared to go. Far within these depths, he is holding the fair maiden of the land hostage. Yes, he is within these walls of the City of Fallen Angels, but he is further down, hiding within this monolith. And we, the brave heroes of this band of Merry Adventurers are tasked with this most important quest! The King's Slayer shall perish, once we find him!"

Rasa regards Ella as she laughs. "Does glamour matter if it serves an important function?" A pause. "If you have some spare time, I would like to take a look at your maps. They may help me reorient myself in this world."

And then back to Gabriel. "There are a great many things I would like to know. I could likely keep asking questions for quite a while. First, what can you tell me of where I am currently, and what about this dungeon? And, I see. Rescuing an innocent person is a valuable goal." She seems to approve of the quest.

Veles spent some time thinking, while she continued her apparent feast. "If we were to elect a leader, I would probably vote for the sword." She said. "As annoying as it is, it seems to know a lot more about these sorts of things than us, at least as far as actually doing them." She said, then nodding a bit to assure herself it was the best choice. "I also believe that if we do not have a leader, we may end up as lost as the Angels." she added, though she did not sound so sure about this point.

Tink, who had been rather distracted for no particular reason, decided now would be a good time to exist again.
"We shouldn't let a halfling be our leader, ever. That is the worst idea, basically suicide. I'd rather have that robot as our leader than a filthy halfling" Tink chimes in

Billy gave the shouty man a blank stare. "I have no idea what you're talking about."
"I think he's trying ask you how I work."
"Oh! Well, it's really really sharp and it swings extra hard, which is good, because otherwise I would be dead 'cause it grabs me and makes me hit things over and over until they die. Am I getting this right?"
Billy looked expectantly at his sword, which gave a metallic sigh.
"It's a bit more complicated than Billy here is making it sound, but he's got the basic idea right. I can kill just about anything you need me to. Not that the kid here ever wants me to."

"I think I can give you a map, but I'm afraid the best or most relevant one is of Vegas. There's a map of the city above I copied from a wall, and there's one about the overall situation around Illicor, and that's what I have. Though if you want to, you can accompany me back to my homeland. If you want to know something, the Grand Library is where you will find answers."

Then she turned to Veles. "The sword? I get that he is experienced, but really?"

Gabriel waved at Tink, "Hey! You were so silent for so long, I thought you ditched us! Welcome back, how are you doing!"

"I was doing nothing and definitely not stealing stuff, Why would you even think that. Geez, you halflings are all so suspicious; give me a break." Tink said moving his hand to his now stuffed coin purse. "So, whats with the robot?"

"Oh! That is Rasa." Gabriel gestures to Rasa. "Oh, you want some horse-meat? We have a fire going and everything."

Tink, who had been rather distracted for no particular reason, decided now would be a good time to exist again.
"We shouldn't let a halfling be our leader, ever. That is the worst idea, basically suicide. I'd rather have that robot as our leader than a filthy halfling" Tink chimes in
"The mouth of fools indeed gush out folly." Rue replied rolling her eyes. "Be on guard for enemies without, if you've time to be suspcious of your fellows, there's no telling if those bandits will be back to avenge their fallen leader. And butchered mount. moreover, we need to decide which way to go. I know where North is, but this dungeon isn't exactly on the Black Road's main drag."

She chose not to say why. No guide worth their salt voices fear while advising their clients. Only sense and caution.
Even when in the depths of the most Taboo place in the entire City of Fallen Angels. Where mothers would threaten to send their children if they didn't behave. She banished such thoughts. Fearful notions can only beckon the Seven Devils and the miseries they bring.

"So. Ideas?"

"Is that all we have to eat? OK, fine," Tink turns to Rasa "Do you mind if I ask a few questions? Whats your model number? Who made you? What are your functions? What is your directives? When were you built? What kind of metal is your chassis made of? Do you even speak common? Where were you built? What it the maximum load you can carry? Do you mind if I opened you up and saw how you worked? How much memory space do you have? Are there more of you?"
Tink pulled out a small notepad and began furiously taking notes

"I am not sure about travelling long distances right now, but any maps you could provide would be useful. After all, anything is better than no knowledge."

After saying that, Rasa looks back to Gabriel, taking a short pause to process that. "I can't eat, nor do I need to. Also I would advise against making an enchanted weapon your leader. You should choose someone who has a strong sense of judgement, even under stress."

Next, she gives a questioning glance to Tink. "I cannot answer the majority of those questions due to data loss. If this language is 'common', then yes I speak it. Weight capacity depends on multiple factors. I do not believe you are qualified to do such a thing, I would have to defend myself."

Last edited by a moderator:
"Well we need to cook the horse." Gabriel nodded, and stared at the pile of flesh, and checked the bonfire to make sure it was still going. And so, Gabriel moved large chunks of rubble around the the bonfire, on both sides. He pulled out the rope from his backpack, as he placed one edge on the rubble. Gabriel pulled more rope from his backpack, as he then cut it, to a more manageable size for the task he was doing, as he zipped up his backpack. He then secured a piece of rubble to place on top of the rope, as he threw the rope to the other stack of rubble, as to have a nice line above for smoking the meats. Gabriel walked over and climbed up on top of the other rubble pile, and placed something else to secure the rope on the other edge. Once both edges seemed fairly secure, he walked over to the large pile of horse flesh, as he placed them over the rope so they'd hang. He took extreme care to make sure that none of the pieces would fall into the flames, and placed a fair amount of flesh chunks to cook and hang. He returned to the flesh pile, where he eyed the fire for a bit before turning to Rue"Hm, well we have no real particular direction to go, other than down, as that is where the King's Slayer is. What would you suggest fair guide?" He smiled at Rue, "I am sure you have a viable suggestion, that you'd like to share."

Gabriel returned his glance towards the flickering flames and the flesh that would smoke cook."Mmm, well we are a merry band. Whether or not we have a dedicated "leader" doesn't really matter at this point. As long as we stick to the general good of the group, we should be fine. But hey, I did suggest that we could vote on a leader for this merry band, so vote, or don't vote! Either way, we shall continue our journey!"

"I'm a wandering Inventor! Trust me, I know my way around machines!" Tink exclaimed

"I'm afraid I'm a bit out of my depth down here Gabriel, I'm no spelunker. Really nothing aside from the basics of exploring new territory. Stay together, keep an eye out for hostiles, make note of any and all landmarks." She laughed, feeling foolish. "The only thing of note I can think of approaching the downward journey with caution. Last thing we need is to fall into a hole too deep for us to climb out of." She paused looking around. "Or as it were, another one."

"Well, we have a fire going here, and the horse-meat may take awhile. Let's set up a camp here then, and head further down later. Think that sounds like a good idea for now Rue?" Gabriel nodded, as he kept an eye of the flames, and the horse-meat.

She poked the flames with a stick.

"For now. Depending on how long we're staying, we shall sleep in shifts. No telling what could be lurking about. However, I'd lay very good odds that they'd be attracted by the smoke."

"Billy? BILLY!"
"Wha?" the boy had dozed off again, much to his blade's annoyance.
"Your magus friend nominated me for party leader."
"B-but that's a terrible idea!"
"Well then, why don't you tell him? Oh, wait, we wouldn't want to hurt anyone's feelings, would we?"
Billy scowled, pushing himself upwards and marching over to Veles.
"Mister Magus, I think you are making a really, really bad decision-"
"-You little bastard-"
"-This sword, smartish as it is, is a horrible genocidal maniac-"
"-you make that sound like such a bad thing-"
"-hell-bent on killing everything, and I do mean every single thing, in this dungeon."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.