DUNGEON CRAWL! - Stylized Adventure Fantasy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rasa peers over the crystal. "Potentially a very useful item. We should discuss how best to make use of this - who will use it and so on."

Billy leaned onto his makeshift crutch, "Well, that was easier than expected."
"Goddammit, Billy."
"What?"
"You used the E word."
"Expec-"
"-The other one-"
"-Easy?"
"Yes, that one. Never say that word ever again."

"Well, I was going to use it to deliver the dog quickly." James said. "If you think it'd be better for adventuring though... I guess it is better if we stay alive."

Rasa looks over at James, and poses a question: "Why not both?"

Episode 2:

After having helped the enigmatic artificer, Gyver complete his invention, the adventurers were awarded with the teleportation stone. With it, James sent to his daughter a slightly late birthday present along with a letter. Needless to say, James' daughter was quite happy with her new friend, albeit a little confused when she first got it. Anya hugged her dog then looked at the letter. "But when will you be back, daddy?" she sighed, looking up to the sky.

Though previously, there had been many twists and turns through corridors that all looked the same, the party eventually found themselves a large opening at the end of the corridor up a flight of stairs. The opening led into a large clearing, the floor literred with old clothing which seemed to be covered in dust. They all seem as though they had barely been worn, however, but a long time had passed since they weree actually made.

Inside the clearing, there were makeshift huts made up various pieces of trash including strange pale mannequins which gave the area an almost ominous appearance. Though there was in fact a settlement, it seemed to be empty. Perhaps it was a ghost town.

Gabriel rushed into the clearing, "Oooh, this looks like it could be fun." Gabriel glanced around, as he rummaged through the pieces of trash. "Interesting parts! Say, what exactly did in our last exciting adventure? I need to write the song lyrics for it..." Gabriel plucked some of the old clothing, as he frantically waved it about, trying to clean the dust from it. "Hmm..." Gabriel glanced at the mannequin parts, as he tried to see if the old clothes would fit over the mannequins. "Let's see, I wonder if these were what the clothes belonged to. Possibly... Either way, this will be fun! And that is what life is about."

As Gabriel continued mucking about with the clothing, he raised his left index finger up. "Aha! Maybe there is a new costume here I can use for future shows!" Gabriel began rummaging through the old cloths looking for something in good enough condition he could wear. "Let's see, something aesthetically pleasing to the eye." Gabriel murmured to himself as he continued looking.

Rasa moves around, examining the area. She doesn't really know enough about human society to understand how unusual this place is, but she does get that it's some kind of abandoned settlement.

"This is some form of abandoned settlement, correct?" Rasa speaks while looking through the huts an old clothing. "Why was it abandoned?"

Off in the distance, there was a light accompanied by the smell of fire. "There they are!" a voice called out.

A dust cloud was picked up as a crowd of angry men and women wielding torches and pitch forks stormed onto the scene. They all had angry scowls as they looked towards the adventurers. They glared especially menacingly at Tink and Gabriel, the shorter members of the team.

"Why have you come here?" one of them asked.

Gabriel glanced at the angry crowd of men and women, who were wielding pitchforks and torches, and who were glaring at Tink and himself. Gabriel waved his hands, "Hello Ladies and Gentlemen! I am Gabriel Knotts, Freelance Adventurer and Professional Entertainer! I see you are a tough crowd, but allow me to lighten the mood."

Gabriel coughed as he began to sing a limmerick.
"There once was a maiden blessed by golden rain!/
Though it never seemed to clean out a stain!/
Until she met a gallant warrior with a body so firm!/
And she laid with him, which allowed her to affirm!/
Cleaning out fluids is always in vain!/"

Gabriel took a quick bow as he finished his limmerick. "I do hope you enjoyed the limerick. I find that one always gets a good laugh in the taverns."

Billy clapped a hand over his eyes and groaned.
"I dunno, I kind of liked it.", his weapon said.

"We are but entertainers and drifters." Rue waited a moment eying the mob. "I would hope that you don't take issue with I and my clients passing through." Her hand went to the hilt of her khopesh.

"Are the little ones part of your little group?" a man snarled.

"Perhaps they are." James stepped forward, placing a hand on his pommel. "Have they wronged you in some way? Because I've been keeping an eye on the singer, and I don't think he's done anything illegal recently."

"Right?" he smacked Gabriel on the back.

Rasa looks over at the group of people. Judging from their expressions, they may be some kind of raiders or hostile group. But on the other hand, they hadn't made any move to attack yet. Curious.

"Greetings. Is there some kind of problem? You appear quite aggravated." As usual, the robot speaks in a level tone.

"Like hell we are!" another man shouts from the crowd in response to Rasa's statement. "Let's get them!" yet another man states. By then, the party was surrounded by the crowd. Brandishing their pitch forks, the villagers start to swarm over Tink and Gabriel. They start prodding the two with their forks, burning them.

The other adventurers are lost in the crowd. It is smelly and sweaty from the anger the villagers seem to have.

Gabriel was prodded by a Pitchfork in the right shoulder, as it began bleeding and burned by torch on the left arm, giving his left fingers some pretty nasty burn wounds. "Hold on! Hold on! I know it was a Bawdy Limerick but I figured you folks would like it!" Gabriel used the limited space he had to try dodging the strikes, which resulted in him doing some sort of impromptu jig. "You know, I kinda thank you. This is an in..." Gabriel swung his head backwards as a torch came close to it, "A fun jig, but uh, please stop trying to kill me!" Gabriel had no time to reach for his throwing knives, as this was a professional angry mob swarming them. This was no free-lance mob, these guys were professionals and probably did a lot of lynchings. Well it at least seemed that way to Gabriel...

"I do not know why you are attacking us, but if you do not stop I will respond with deadly force." Rasa says this quickly, pausing ever so slightly to see if they stopped. She didn't expect them to, but in this case it seemed like she should give them the chance first.

Switching over to combat mode... Done.

It didn't take Rasa long to analyze the situation and decide on the best course of action. She kicks into action immediately, slamming villagers out of the way as she moves closer to Gabriel and Tink. As soon as she can close in towards them, she grabs the most threatening one from behind and cooly snaps his neck.

"Rasa, what in the hell are you doing!?" Billy screamed as the robot snapped a man's neck.
"She's just doing what you're too much of a pansy to do."
"No!", Billy shouted as he tried to push his way through the crowd, "Demons and worms are one thing, but killing people is where I draw the line!"

"I'm afraid we're not being given much choice here Billy." Rue said unsheathing her Khopesh and knocking away the pitchforks. "They're out for blood now."

Status
Not open for further replies.