Dream/Life

Mike was confused and the smile fell from his face, what had he done? Mason's whole demeanor had changed, sure he was never the warmest person but he had suddenly gone frigid.
Being poor wasn't that uncommon... Hell the bullies rarely used it as an excuse to pick on people since most of them were pretty broke...
And who was Michelle? The name name brought to mind the nickname so many bullies tried and failed to hurt him with, but clearly he meant someone else...
Figuring it must be his mother or guardian, Mike didn't ask.
Besides, he had more to worry about as Mason said something that made his stomach growl... And not with hunger.
"I umm... I can't, uhh, I had a big breakfast..."
Mike was a terrible liar, the way he spoke and the guilty look Gave it away.

"Well it could be four... Rheya knows the Zephyr person the Princess mentioned... They're a decent fighter, and super acrobatic... And the princess has her Royal seal to fight with".
Emma pointed out.
"Hmm... Anything I can do to help? I can Google some stuff or look through books... I know there's some wiccan stuff in the back of the library...".
She wanted to help as much as possible!

Masons' icy blue hues stared down at Mike, slight guilt drawing his body. Shutting down and shutting people out was how he dealt with the fact of his family. It was a trained reaction and it was never meant for malice to anyone. Just Masons way of protecting himself. Though he didnt believe Mike when he said he wasnt hungry and raised an eyebrow, "That was nearly 4 hours ago, at least eat an apple or fruit. You cant just not eat," Mason responded and seemed to think better of his attitude. The dark haired boy went to grasp Mikes hand softly, "Eat something small for me...please?"

Yes this Zephyr person would be a good asset to them as well. Though Connie wanted to put in that Lycan had approached her after the meeting. He had been hanging around her cabin and begrudeingly told her he wanted to join the season. Though from their fight and insilts last night, it was best to keep quiet. "That would be nice! I cant really do it myself unless I use my alexa at home," She gave a soft chuckle and a small shrug.

Reactions: Mahou-Shoujo
"Yeah but... Four hours isn't that long... It's not like I'll starve..."
Mike started to argue, he didn't even know why he hated eating, it just made him feel sick at random times... And... He had lied about breakfast, had skipped it as well, would probably only grudgingly eat dinner.
Then his argument was completely destroyed, he stared down at their joined hands for a moment before looking away, redfaced.
"I... I guess I can try and eat something..."
He mumbled, free hand covering his mouth and making the words barely audible.

Honestly as much as Rheya had insulted him, Emma at least knew she had just been trying to cover for the princess, and blamed herself for him leaving, it was a bit of a mess.
"Cool... I'll get on it right now..."
She declared, pulling out her beaten up, out of date smartphone and beginning to type.

That worked better than he had anticipated. Mason had just tried to appear more caring after his rigid behavior and closed off nature. Though he just gave a small, sweet grin at Mike before going to stand up from crouching, "Come on then you goon, lets get you yogurt or something," he responded and gave a small tug on his hand. Mason was also hungry, but he wasnt going to admit it. He didnt want anyone to pay for him nor have something wasted on a low life.

The young red-head smiled and gave a suggestion of various spells. Combining spells wasnt a hard thing to do and as well as; ones like exploding spells and mixtures. Something equal to smoke bombs and gernades in their world, as rogues couldnt attack if they couldnt see what was in front of them.

At that point Mason could probably have dragged him just about anywhere, the warmth of his hand was too good for Mike to try and pull free...
And that grin! Mike didn't like to admit it, but it was possible he had a tiny crush on Mason... Sure he'd said he was okay with gay people... But would that change if he learned about Mike's crush? Even if he was a little different from most boys... That might even make it worse.
They quickly arrived at the canteen and after a few minutes of waiting Mike ordered two yogurts... And offered one to Mason.
"Umm... It was two for one..."
He lied.
"And it would make me feel better about eating if I wasn't the only one?..."
That Much at least was completely true.

"Heh... This is probably some sort of cheating... Looking up spells and stuff from the real world to give to fantasy characters..."
She said with a grin on her face as she set down her phone to read some spell stuff she didn't understand in the slightest.
"You understand any of that?..."

He didnt think much of holding Mike's hand on the way to the cafeteria. It was just like leading his brother around, but a kinda friend? Mason didnt like emotion so he pushed most of it aside even if the same feelings from 7th grade started to rise. Thankfully they came to get food, but then had no idea what to say when handed a yogurt. He raised an eyebrow and seemed to want to objected, but then Mike stated it would make him feel better. So surprisingly, Mason didnt object and simply took the yogurt and grabbed two spoons. Handing one to Mike and then went to sit across the hall against the wall. The gym was directly across from the cafeteria, and many kids played in there during lunch, "So," Mason started and seemed to want to talk, but had no idea what to say. Didnt know what questions where okay socially or what he could ask Mike. So he just remained silent and stared at the yoguer cup.

"Its how I came up with Agnis potions and powers! Of course theyre altered to be more fantasy like with different outcomes," She replied amused and then listened to Emma read somethings, "Yes I understand that, I'll see what I can do," Giving a small nod in agreement and pressing a few things on her own smartphone.

Mike had wholly different thoughts about the experience, maybe it was just because of how he saw himself, or the crush he seemed to have... But holding hands was far less innocent in his currently melting mind... His embarrassment only got worse as he realized that the kids there had seen... Well, not like either of them were new to being called gay, even if it might not be entirely accurate.
Still, he was glad Mason took the yogurt... It really did make him feel better and he sort of wanted to do something for Mason...
Mike was quiet at first too... Until something came to mind.
"Hey... Do you know much about werewolves?"

"Huh... That's really cool... Maybe I should try and do similar stuff with Rheya... Though... Not like I can practice much that'll come in handy to a knight..."
She mumbled for a moment before bouncing back again.
"Hey, don't mean to interrupt you... But do you think the other people have versions here? Like at school that we could look for?"

Mason was eating the yogurt for a moment when Mike spoke, and he swallowed what food he had in his mouth. Then considered his question before responding with, "I suppose yes, as I read a lot of fantasy novels with werewolves, lycans, kitsune and other half dog creatures. Though id say I'm more am expert on shifters. People who can shift halfway into a form or fully. They also tend to hold weapons of their own, but do not use them often. They can be mistaken for a werewolf, but they dont shift with a moon cycle nor can go halfway," Mason seemed to know quiet a lot and then looked at Mike, "Why? Want a good story about them?"

Though Emma had a point, but it didnt mean that she couldnt practice hand to hand combat right? Though the following question sort of threw Connie off course and she furrowed her brow. It was a possibility, but a slim chance wasnt it? "I dont know honestly, it seems slim but we found each other afterall. Yet how would we know?"

Mike listened raptly, hanging on every word, he always paid attention to things he was interested in, and this was an interesting person saying interesting things! He held back a sudden urge to seek out Mason's hand again, a little embarrassed at himself.
"Umm... Well sort of... I just don't know Much about uhh... Shifters... Like what are they like? And umm, what kinda things are important and valuable to them... I don't know if this is bad to say but... They seem like they'd have different priorities to other people?"
He was genuinely curious! A shifter had been in his dream more than once and if Mason was an expert he could probably help his dream self make a friend or two.

Funnily enough Emma did practice some basic hand to hand, though it was difficult and she fell over a lot, and it would almost certainly never be useful in the real world... Still, it kept her in decent shape, which was great as there wasn't Much else that she could do.
"True... I only know cause I saw you using magic twice... Oh, that girl's died her hair again, now it's falling out..."
Emma notified her.
She didn't like to admit it, but she could be kinda vengeful, and was very amused when a bully got their comeuppance.

"Uh..well," Mason started and seemed to gather his words of what he remembered, "It depends on how they grew up. A shifter is a pack animal just like a werewolf, one of the many reasons they're confused for one, and if they grow up in a pack then their family is most valuable. Like the family crest, the gemstone associate with that pack, and so forth," Mason explained and stared off into the cafeteria,"Though if they grow up alone then they become solitary. Companionship is what they crave as they are naturally sociable and pack-oriented and often adopt other creatures as pack members. They don't really have anything of value to them as they live alone with no real house to have things they like. The traditional things would still be important to them due to it being engraved in them, but they will never voice where their history lies," The young boy glanced down then and furrowed his brows, trying to shove the thoughts of Lycan out of his mind. Knowing that the shifter was modeled after his lack of family home, but he was stronger and could fight unlike himself.

Falling out? She must be dying her hair a lot then hasn't she, "I agree, but magic is different than what anyone else can do. Like with you, i wouldn't have known because you probably can't lift a sword. What if other people are that way to? That they play a different role that doesnt include the use of spells?" she pointed out to her. Connie wanted to find other people, but they could be in a completely different school or even be a villain to the story?

Mike would have been taking notes if not for his weird memory, something he found interesting or important? That would stick perfectly, everything else was hit or miss, especially school work... Though that was at least partially because he had other things occupying his mind, like desperately looking out for any signs of puberty.
"Whoah! That's way more information than anything in the r.... The library! You're so smart to just know all that!"
If Mike was aware he of the shared dream he might have suspicions... Then again, this was Mike, he didn't suspect too much of anything.

"Yeah... She bleached it at school and got a detention... Then her friends told her it wasn't good enough and she bleached it more... And apparently that wasn't enough either cause this morning it was coming out in clumps..."
Emma was very observant, and put that little timeline together through overheard gossip, a bleach scented trip to the bathroom and what she had seen in person.
"Yeah... Though even then some people are bound to notice things... Didn't one guy send someone flying or something?"

Mason looked at him and gave a sheepish smile, rubbing the back of his own head, "Yeah, I read a lot about them," He responded, guilt shooting through at the blatant lie. For some reason, he couldn't hold himself to lying to Mike about the real reason. About the fact that his mind wondered into a dream world where he was a shifter and spent most of the day savaging and trying to survive. Yet he couldnt bring himself to sound that insane with this fantasy world that was all his own. So, he kept quiet and kept eating his yogurt. Best to not say a damn thing at the moment.

Connie shook her head at the stupidity of this girl to fry her own hair over a few days instead of just giving it time or even buying blonde dye rather than bleach. Regardless she looked at Emma when she spoke of the kid who sent a kid flying, "Yeah i heard that, I think he is one of the rebellious kids? Cause hes never in class or anything, but im sure hes just really strong,"

"I should read more... I didn't even know shifters were different from werewolves... Or how anything about them worked..."
He seemed a little upset about that.
Of course, if Mason was to explain how he knew so much Mike wouldn't think he was crazy... He'd think he himself was less crazy! Of course if Mason could see his dreams Mike was certain he wouldn't want to be friends anymore... Just talking his old 'friends' had ruined his school life.
Somehow during all this Mike had set aside his yogurt with a little under half of it having been eaten, he didn't even realize he was avoiding eating this time.
"I read fairytales a lot... I can sorta lose myself in them... Especially the ones with really old art for pictures... Of course... I'm young enough looking that no one questions me reading children's books either..."

"I dunno much about him honestly, though he's one of the kids who stayed at school today and... There's just something annoying and weirdly familiar about him... Though yeah, you're probably right..."
She went quiet for a moment, tapping into her abilities of observation, something she'd been trying to lend to Rheya with some success, and remembered something else.
"There was some other kid... Michel or something... I heard a couple of jocks say she mumbled something and they went flying... Didn't even touch them either... That sound like magic?"

"I noticed that, but fairytales aren't bad. Even if they have pictures are are quiet old," Mason responded and noticed he set down his yogurt cup. Then proceeded to reach over Mike to grab the cup and his spoon, "The true origins of most fairytales are much more gruesome and dark than what is now seen in childrens stories," The black-haired boy then turned to face Mike, and pointedly held up a spoonful of yogurt, "Also, you need to eat, Mike, and that means finishing it," Mason had very strong, caring body language about him and in his blue eyes. He dealt with this often with Oliver, but with Mike it was more...relational rather than familial.

The red-head gave a curious look, "You mean Micheal? I met him a few days ago when he ran into my classroom, I let him hide there from some dicks," Connie responded and tilted her head, "Definitely sounds like a power, perhaps not a spell or magic, but a defensive move that he possessed?" she offered and looked to Emma with her cloudy, brown eyes.

"Heh... I guess it's hard not to notice when they're all I read at school anymore... I do read other stuff at home... I just... Need the simplicity of fairy tales to keep me grounded when I spend all day lying about who I am to avoid bullies..."
Mike didn't know why he said that... Maybe it was because he trusted Mason, even if they hadn't really known each other long.
"I know that... I've read the original stories... I... Like the new ones better".
He declared simply, before grimacing as Mason picked up his yogurt.
"But... I... Okay..."
Mike tilted his head a little and took the spoonful into his mouth, swallowing it quickly as his face did it's best imitation of a tomato.
Why Oh why did he do that?! Jeez, the rumour mill would be running hot after this... And he... Didn't care, this was too good.

"That's a guy? Huh, guess I'm not as smart as I thought... I must have listened to too many bullies saying things about him..."
She mentally apologised to him for falling for what was pretty much a common foe.
"Yeah, maybe we should bring it up sometime... Only, I have no idea where he sits at lunch... We do share a couple classes but are on opposite sides of the room..."
Emma trailed off as her eyes met Connie's, they were kinda pretty...
"Uhh, s..so what do you think?"

"That is why I read many of my books. A way to escape into something other than the reality you face on a daily basis. With home life and school being equally bags of shit, books have been my only solace since I could read," Mason responded quiet normally and gave a nod that Mike was going to continue to eat, even if it meant him feeding him. Honestly Mason hadn't thought much of other students with his actions. To him they where normal and natural. The impulse to care for others who struggled with parts of it or all of it. Yet again it was something deeper than the care he offered to Oliver every night. So, Mason just kept getting spoonfuls of yogurt, then bluntly said, "You go red really easily, makes you look like a squishy tomato,"

"I thought he was a girl when we first met due to his voice, but its' alright to be feminine," Connie said with a small shrug and gave a smile, "I mean, we could find them? Theres only 24 kids in the school today and...," She then remembered something, "I can have Red track him, thats how i find people at home and during lunch normally?" It was one of his commands when she was freaking out or needed some sort of help.

"Good idea! We'll probably never get a chance this good again... I hope they are like us, though... I wouldn't exactly hate it if it was just us that shared the dreams..."
She declared in a quiet voice as they moved, finding the two pretty quickly.
"Hey, you're Michael right... Umm, we actually wanted to talk to you about something..."
She didn't come right out and say it with Mason right there, after All she wasn't sure about him... Though she did notice something...
"Are you... Feeding him?..."
Well that was adorable.

Mike suddenly really wanted to hug Mason, he just felt like the older boy really needed one... Of course he couldn't right then as they were in school and he might explode.
He was actually getting used to the feeding, his blush receding as he idly adjusted the barrette in his hair, then his blushing problem was pointed out and he lit up again, about to take another bite to get out of answering, the last bite in fact... When the girls arrived and he nearly choked, dropping his mouthful of yogurt onto his stretchy black shirt, landing right on the star near the top of it.
"I uhh... Umm..."
This was too much and he his his face in his hands, he couldn't even run away, his leg was asleep.

Connie had no issue in following Reds lead, but when finding them she didnt really have anything to say. As a flurry of action occured that she had no idea was happening. So she more or less stood awkwardly.
He looked up and saw that blind girl, she wasnt hard to miss really, and that girl Emma from a few days ago. He gave a small scowl in annoyance and was about to give an annoyed answer, when Mike dropoed the spoon and got yogurt on his short. Mason sighed with a glare at Emma and the blind girl before grabbing napkins from the pile he grabbed earlier. "Mike wasnt eating his food so I was making him eat," Was Masons annoyed response as he was wiping Mike's shirt, "What do you want anyway?"

As if he wasn't already in enough of a spiral of embarrassment, Mason not only pointing out that he was refusing to eat and confirming that he was feeding him, but also deciding to CLEAN HIM was more than enough... It had been a while since it happened but it seemed it was time to disassociate for a while...
The only notable differences were that Mike clamped his eyes shut and was now totally dead to the world, it had been building for a little while... And it would take time for him to recover.

"Uhh, we wanted to talk to Michael about something important... It's... About class work! I'm in his class and we have a proj... Oh shit is he okay?!"
Emma seemed to have noticed that Mike had curled up a bit and closed his eyes, and instantly stopped with the lie she had been creating to lure him away for a private chat.

Mason hadn't noticed Mike shut down and he turned back to the boy at Emmas' burst. This look of concern then creased over those electric blue eyes, "Mike?" His demeanor actually shifted and he became some what fearful that he had harmed the other in some way. Mason reached gently and touched his shoulders to keep balance while crouching and be able to talk to him, "Mikey? Are you okay? Whats wrong?" Mason's harsh tone was soft, sweet and lingered with uneasy. He hadnt meant to upset the other. He didnt want to upset him in anyway! The black haired boy seemed to panic in fear of hurting someone he cared for, a part of his pack. So Mason found himself abruptly standing up, seeming to mutter apologies for what hes done, and then moved past them towards a back entrance. A brisk walk before fill on bolting out the back doors of the school out into where the greenhouse sat.
He fucked up.
He fucked up.
He always fucked up.
Why cant you do anything fucking right Lycan!

Connie tried to followed s quickly as she could, but soon enough Mason left. She gave a worried look and had no idea what to do. Should they also leave? But instead, Red went over to Mike wothout thought and sat down by him. As he saw distress and wanted to help.