Dream/Life

Mike's sigh of relief was clearly audible, he wouldn't have blamed the girl for kicking him out, after all he was a stranger, being chased by bullies at that, and had interrupted... Whatever it was she was doing, Mike couldn't see words in the book she had, but felt it could be awkward to bring up.
"Leading?"
He questioned, curious as to what that might mean, he didn't actually know who Connie was! Mike tended to focus mostly on people he needed to avoid, actually, Mason was the closest thing he had to a friend at the moment.
If Connie didn't answer Mike wouldn't mind, he was too busy gushing over Red.
"Daww~ Cute doggie!"
He pet her carefully, fighting off his instincts to hug the pooch.
"I wish I had a puppy in the real world..."

"Heh, I wish I could be that cool, but most fights don't go my way... Even if happen to be at perfect height to hurt boys... They rarely do anything to me directly..."
Emma couldn't help but smile at Mason's description, puppy was accurate, though these days he usually looked more like a kicked puppy...
"Huh, well weird is good I think..."

Right, wording needed to be careful. It wasn't a big deal for Mike to know she was blind, but usually seeing-people where harsher about it. They tended to take it to extremes and ask very uncomfortable questions. Red though was happy to be given attention. Her boy was a very lovable guy and sweet, though he didn't get too excited for there was still a job to do.
"In the real world? Well you could adopt a dog from the shelter for like 5 bucks I think? My guy Reddington here costed me way more than that," Connie replied with a small shrug, "Service dogs cost way more than the normal shelter pet, but shelter dogs are way cuter and have more personality," Though she hadn't grasped what Mike meant by the 'real world'.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Of course, why would they want to one; punch a girl, and two; someone who can easily nut punch them," Mason pointed out, and left out the fact that her in a wheelchair must also prevent that. He wished it was that was for him, but girls where way more ruthless. Going after personality, looks and someones deepest insecurities. That had to be horrible to go through and he honestly gave girls props for that one, "It's Mason, by the way. Not sure if you heard that rumor too,"

Reactions: Mahou-Shoujo
Mike manages to settle into a calm petting rhythm, sitting on the floor as he played with Red.
"Yeah... Umm, my old puppy was a shelter dog... But he went missing and my parents don't want to get another yet..."
Mike wasn't that naive... He had a very good idea of what, or rather who happened to his childhood pet, something that left him feeling guilty and a little bit scared.
"So I just make do with the puppy in my dreams! The dream me has it as a pet".
He declared before picking up on her words.
"Oh! A service dog? Why do you need one of those? Uhh... I mean, of you don't mind answering that, you don't have to at all!".
He didn't want her to feel pressured at all.

"I dunno... Some of those guys aren't right..."
She mumbled, just loud enough for Mason to hear, she had never been properly beaten up by guys, but had still taking a discrete hit here and there, or had her chair trashed, honestly sometimes she wished she could go back to travelling.
"Oh, that wasn't actually in the rumour..."
While his name wasn't mentioned plenty of disgusting alternatives were.
"You know, you seem kind of... Familiar? I can't put my finger on it, and I don't mean just seeing you in the halls... Though I rarely do see you other than mornings or afternoon anyway".

Oh, ouch. Sounds like Mikes' dog might've passed away or gotten harmed? Still, it wasn't right for his parents to keep it from him as the dog was just as much his. Though that was too depressing of a topic to really get into at the moment or really ever. Again with the dream dog, and she gave a curious look. It wasn't that uncommon though to dream of having a dog right? Connie then glanced at him and gave a small sigh, "It's fine, you would've figured it out at some point," She replied and ran a hand through her red curls, "Reddinton is my seeing eye dog. I am completely blind and have been my whole life, but he is my first service dog,"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ah, it wasn't? Fair enough, probably a fair amount of slurs and uncreative names. Though then he looked at her, "I don't know honestly. I've heard of you before and see you around school sometimes?" Mason offered her and gave a small shrug, "Otherwise I tend to hide around school during the day and hardly go to class," Those blue eyes gave a slight shimmer and his pupil shifted from circular to vertical for a moment, like that of a dogs.

Mike blinked for a moment as he processed that little bit of information, though yeah, now that he thought about it that checked out.
"Oh! Wow! That must suck... I can't imagine not being able to see things... But it's so cool that you still go to school and stuff!
Mike was nothing if not easily impressed, though considering he had nearly left school over what amounted to bullying, even dangerous bullying, she seemed incredibly brave to the small guy.

"Oh! I didn't know people were talking about me... I uhh, usually try to avoid attention? Though I guess that's not really possible huh?"
She sounded a little sad, she actually been somewhat popular before her accident, but now all people saw was an easy target.
She noticed the sudden shift in his eyes and choked down a squeak of surprise, shaking her head to clear it, she must just be seeing things, sure her and Connie had a weird linked dream going on, but three people in the same school like that? She wasn't willing to bet on it just yet.

Connie gave a small laugh, "Well its' not all bad, I can make up what things look like in my head," She responded and gave a small shrug, "And I was homeschooled until halfway through last year, took a lot to convince my parents that I was capable of being a normal student," She was proud of herself for all the work she put into having a normal life. Despite the girls that decide she was the most perfect target most days, it was worth actually speaking to others her age. Instead of her parents all the time and her siblings, "Though I am more impressed with you, as I've heard you get a worse end to the public school education,"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Neither did I, but people only want to take for their own pathetic entertainment," Mason pointed out to her and gave a small shrug before grabbing his book again, "Though one day this place will burn or we will reach graduation without any more pain. Then again, wistful thinking isn't it?"

"Oh! Yeah, I guess you can still imagine stuff, for some reason a lot of people think disability translates to stupidity from what I've heard..."
"My parents nearly home schooled me after my first week... But I convinced them I'd be okay, I'd just be invisible... Gets kinda lonely though..."
He admitted with a sigh.
"Me?... Why would anyone be impressed with me? And... I didn't know there was anything to hear about me at all!"
Mike was genuinely shocked at this revelation, as if he had been hoping to be forgotten.

"Mmh... You'd think with all the great games out there they'd find something better to occupy their time, or at least pull enough all nighters to nap during lunch instead..."
She stopped herself from going into a rant to listen to Mason.
"Heh... Yeah, just a couple more years and I can go somewhere civilized! Though knowing the students here someone might actually burn the place down".

"Well yeah, those dicks always boast about their lastest victimizing," Connie replied with a small shrug, "And you'd be surprised what you can hear when you're missing another sense," She gave a small smile and ran a hand through her hair softly, "Though I never caught your name when they spoke about you, you just match the way they made you sound,"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mason had to agree on that one. Didn't the bullies had video games and what not to keep themselves occupied and away from them? Or is that what influences their torture? "I mean, I'll burn it down right now just so we can go home early," It was a half joke, half serious. Though he doubted he would do it.

"Oh... Yeah, I guess that makes sense... They're really loud about it too... You'd almost think the teachers are ignoring it all..."
Mike sounded momentarily kind of dark... But switched back to normal a moment later.
"But that's silly! They're probably just too busy with other things!"
He declared, before quietly introducing himself.
"Uhh... I'm Michael... Though umm, my friends call me Mike! At least... They did when I had friends..."
Mike liked to think Mason was a friend but didn't want to presume too much only to find out later that he was wrong.
"Though uhh... I guess at least what they're saying must be accurate..."

"Heh... Hey I do know where they keep the lawnmower fuel...".
She half joked right back, only to switch to a sigh.
"Though as cathartic as that would be, someone innocent might get hurt and that would suck... Not to mention I'd have to move again..."

"Nice to meet you Mike, I'm Connladoth but many call me Connie cause its easier to pronounce," She replied amused and gave a smile. The teacher usually did ignore it and refuse to do anything about the harassment. As long as their job wasn't on the line, they could care less. Though she shrugged at his later comment before saying, "In any case, we should get some work done. You're welcome to stay though and do your own or whatever you wanna do," She couldn't offer for him to help her with her own as it was in braille mainly with litter printing on the bottom. She just wanted to get classes done and go home.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mason gave a small shrug, "Someone could get hurt, yes, but less likely as they'd catch it before it got to far," He replied and gave a small shrug, "I mean, if it means I get to live in a room for a while then I'm fine with it. Anyhow, you should get your work done or whatever you came here for," He was just done with talking to this girl and wanted to go back to his book.

"Uhh... Wow that's a cool name... Reminds of like, a witch from a fantasy world or something!"
He declared, as easily impressed as ever, honestly if someone took the kid to a children's magic show he'd probably be more impressed than anyone else.
"Oh! Right umm, I'll work on some homework then..."
He spent the rest of the period quietly writing, and left when it was time for the next lesson.
When it was finally home time he was actually one of the first kids out the gate, and would probably pull an all nighter gaming or something.

"Ehh... True, though you never know how fast it'll spread in those old buildings..."
Was the last thing she said during that period, and other than a polite goodbye, didn't talk to Mason again that day.
When it was home time she got her usual lift home and after an hour or so of gaming turned in for the night...

The dreams were a little... Different... That night, rather than their usual daily activities, Lycan and Agnimitra would find themselves having been summoned by royal decree to meet with none other than Princess Iliya Celeste, the slightly eccentric bastard child of the king.

Connie gave a smile at Mike, and didn't hear him leave when class was over. Though now she was thankful to leave and she had Red lead her to her normal pick-up spot, her neighbor drove her home after school, and when home relaxed. Knowing her house well, she let Reddington free and had laid on the couch to just relax for a while. Yet after an hour, she had fallen asleep and her world shifted entirely.

For the first time in a very long time, Connie was allowed to enter the dreamworld and soon opened her eyes to a wooden cottage. Agni gave a small grunt and sat up in her cot, rubbing her eyes at the sudden ability to see. It took a minute before the sound of knocking sounded at her door and received the note of summoning. What in Gods' name did Illya want now? The last time Agni got summoned to the castle was when she was causing too much destruction for them. Though she has not done a damn thing to anyone in a long time. Still, she had to begrudgingly grab her bag and head out, giving her enough time to settle in from Connies' personality into her own. Though this better be worth interrupting her work.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, Mason was not that excited to go home. Mainly because home was a car parked a few blocks from the school. When he returned to it, his brother was gone and was most likely with a friend. Good, kept him safe at least. Also, mother was gone and he knew she was probably drunk some where in the city. Mason opened the back door, and crawled into the back seat of the old sedan. It was much too early to go to bed, but what else did he have to do? Sleep was his only escape. Settling in, he cuddled an old blue bear that he got as a child, and let sleep consume him easily. Normally sleep was sparce, so thankfully it decided to join him.

Now, a sleeping spot that worked for such a creature was never smart. Especially when being half dog and having no balance what so ever. Thus when Lycan jolted awake, he had forgotten about being in a tree and fell from the branch onto the not-so-soft ground. Lycan grunted and gave a small growl in his own stupidity. Shaking himself free of leaves and twigs before standing up. Right, now what was he doing last? Electric blue eyes looked around the trees and his thoughts weren't fully processed until a letter caught his eye. Taped to the tree he had chosen to rest in and he groaned. Why was he being summoned? Lycan never had an issue with the royal family nor the city, so what the hell was this? Still, suppose he should abide it just to get them off his back for whatever. Shifting in a large, black wolf, he set out for the castle.

Rather than come in person Iliya had sent messengers, or rather one messenger, Rheya, one of the few knights that took the young princess seriously enough to invite both a wolf and a powerful witch over to what was 'officially' a tea party, but in reality was a meeting of no small importance.
The meeting place was a courtyard of one of the many gardens surrounding the palace, few of which were open to the public, though with a Royal invitation the guards were forced to allow the unusual visitors, even if they really didn't want to
The two would find the princess seated at a small table just large enough for four, while Rheya stood guard at her side.

"Ahh... You both came... Thank you both for accepting my little invitation".
Of course there was no real way they could refuse, even if she wasn't likely to force them, she could find many ways to annoy them into surrendering and coming along.
"It seems Jamie cannot attend so it is just us".
She took a moment to clear her throat before continuing.

"I'm sure you wish to know the reason behind this meeting... And to put it very simply, I require your aid... I have noticed many rogues and beasts that seem to GI ignored by the guard and alas, even my fellow royals... As such I have taken it upon myself to form a response of sorts... The two of you and Dame Rheya will be make up this response for now... If you accept well... I am able to offer you royal favour... Such as say... A royal license for unrestricted magical activity... Or access to the royal woods..."

Now Agni was not expecting to see Rheya here with the princess, but suppose it made sense with her being a knight and all. Though the biggest surprised was the werewolf that joined them. Agni has had a new encounters with Lycan over the years. He tended to steal her potions or lurk around her cabin when searching for food. Sometimes being a pest, but mostly kept away after the last time he tried to walk off with a potion. She listened to Iliya and gave a confused look. Beasts and rogues causing an issue to the kingdom? What was the point in the knights and army Iliya had if they couldn't even handle a few rogues and beasts?
Agni wanted to refuse and just might still, despite the offer to do unrestricted magic once again. That would make it much easier for her to please clients and make defenses around her home. Still, she had to ask of course, "So, if we so do accept this offer, what do you want us to do? Are we going to fight these beasts and rogues or just be a threatening force? Because from what I see here, we are not the most threatening bunch,"

So, it was a little weird to be allowed into the Royal gardens. Lycan has tried to sneak in here many times before just to explore, and well that never ended well. Also was strange to be seeing the princess in person and having her request their help. So, what was a rag-tag bunch of nobodies suppose to do? He could understand Agni as she was a powerful witch and potion maker, but himself? Lycan was a simple werewolf with no real powers. Aside from that of a dog, like biting, lunging ect. Thus, what can he do? The offer of the royal forest was not appealing at all. Lycan had been there a few times before being chased out, and it had nothing of importance to him. Also, he rather not die fighting these rogues or whatever.
When Agni spoke, he agreed and added, "Also, why would I want to risk my life for something that doesnt affect me? If you havent noticed, I'm just a werewolf and literally have no powers or ability to fight like Agni and Rheya. I'd rather not die for something as small as access to a part of the forest that has nothing to it. It's just like the rest of the damn forest that I already live in,"

Saying Iliya was disappointed was an understatement to put it extremely lightly... Here she was, offering the best she could think of to the only people she knew who might listen, and it seemed she might fail...
Then it hit here, she had spoken to them in the manner drilled into her over years as a court decoration, tried to impress them with her speech and mannerisms... Of course it wouldn't work... It didn't even work on the knights...
Well, there was only one thing she could do.

Without warning and clearly to the absolute horror of Rheya, Iliya got on her knees on the soft grass, likely ruining the elegant gown she wore and put her hands together.
"Please... P...people are dying, those in the poor areas that the nobles ignore, who just live day to day... I'm sorry if I offended you with my offers... You can tell me what it would take and I'd do my best to make it happen... I just... You're the only people I know..."
She admitted the last part quietly, almost seeming to be embarrassed.
"I...if you can't help I understand... But... I'll still find a way to help those people... Even if I have to fight myself!"

This last outburst finally got Rheya to break the silence she had clearly been struggling to keep.
"Princess! You can't risk yourself like...."
She was cut off by Iliya within moments.
"I have the royal seal and the magics that come with it... That's much more than the victims have".

So Agni was just hoping for an explanation about who these creatures were and why her and this mutt are their seemingly only hope. Or something like that, but yet they got something much more surprising. Agni was shocked to see the princess get down on her knees and practically beg them to help her. Even offering the means of her own poor magic to keep them at bay, and well Agni couldn't let this young child say such things nor behave in such a way.
"Okay, okay," Agni caved and went to Iliya to get her to stand back up, "Hold onto some dignity, dear, and you didn't have to resort to such a thing. I honestly figured you would tell us about the threat. Who they where and so on?" The red-head was level headed as always, and spoke in a more teacher-like tone.

On the other hand, Lycan was just very confused about all of this. Honestly if it was that bad of a situation, wouldn't it make more sense to get the more powerful members of the kingdom? Or like some sort of army and not a werewolf and some off-hand witch? Just the two of them seemed like a death sentence, but Lycan soon got a glare from Agni and instantly became fearful. Just that look ya know?
"She's right, I mean, I was going to agree anyway because the royal forest had so many uncovered caves and what not," Lycan quickly came up with an excuse to not sound afraid or like he didn't want to do this at all. Which was true. He rather not face a large group of murderers when he couldn't even defend himself against the occasional bear. Though it was dire, so fuck it right?

Iliya sniffed back tears as she stood up and brushed dirt and grass off of her dress, yup... That was going to stain... And probably cost more than some people's houses to make!
"R...right... I just... I thought you were refusing and I panicked.... A..all the people I talked to refused to do it... U...unless I..."
She closed her eyes and shook her head before continuing, much calmer now even as a couple of stray tears ran down her face.

"Right... The threat... It's just just one organized group or anything... It's lots of little different problems... And some big ones... Random thugs or stray beasts mostly... But that's a double edged sword... A single enemy is not enough for the army or nobility to intervene, and the guard have never been equipped for such things... T... The priority threat I've located is a man who has been kidnapping begger children... I believe he sells them to slavers..."
The slave trade was controversially outlawed within the kingdom's borders, but it wasn't illegal to move slave 'cargo' through the lands for other destinations...
"Of course you'll not have to fight unarmed... I have at least convinced my father to allow me access to the castle armoury and storage for my... 'Little game' as he calls it..."

So the king wasn't taking this seriously? Was it worth it then for them to risk their own lives if he wasn't even bothered to help? Agni gave a hesitant look at Iliyas' insistence on solving this problem, but suppose it wasn't that large of a problem? If the king called it a game and seemed to not believe his child...Agni gave a small shake of his head and questioned with, "Your father thinks this is a game? Does he not know of this problem or not seen it? Does he not care? What about the queen?" Yes Iliya was the princess of their kingdom, but she didn't have the same authority as her parents did, "I'll still fight for you against these creatures and men, but please forgive me if I'm hesitant because of your parents lack of help,"

The information considering the king and queen also worried Lycan, so much so that he interjected with what Agni said, "She might wanna risk her life, but fighting isn't a game. I'd rather not die from wild beasts and slave transporters just because you say its a problem," Where he was coming from was the fact that Iliya might be operating on her own accord without her parents knowledge or support. Like, who was going to heal them when they were out fighting? The medics of the castle wouldn't because of the 'game' they think she was playing, right?

Iliya bit her lip as she considered the question, she had at first tried to find ways to fool herself, to hide the truth that even now she didn't want to face, but she wasn't stupid, and knew that a truthful answer was the best way to get their help.
"I... Believe he... Doesn't care..."
She admitted, the pain clear in her voice, she loved her father, truly she did... After all he had raised her, a bastard gotten on a whore that caught the King's eye... Almost as well as he would any other child of his.
"The queen chooses to ignore any matter I bring to her attention..."
Less pain this time, she knew where she stood on that front.

"B...but... Even without their support we won't be fighting without resources, when Zephyr returns we will have another fighter... And I have coin to pay for healers and supplies... A lot of coin... And it IS a problem... The poor and forgotten of the kingdom are being preyed upon... And no one will do anything! I cannot escape the visions of their pain even in my dreams..."
Of course, the princess was much closer to the poor than most, as ridiculous as she knew it was... She felt a kinship, her mother's blood and social rejection a big part of that.

Didn't..care? Agni didn't live within the city herself, but she always saw the king at the market or with subjects. Then again...that was in the upperclass district to middleclass. She was very surprised and afraid as the poor where still people of the kingdom and contributed to its survival. They where their farmers and workers who did underdog jobs like sewage, garbage and factory work. Apparently they didn't matter what so ever even with no rich person wanting to do any of those jobs.
"I'm..honestly disgusted," Agni responded with a shake of her head, "How can a man rule a kingdom and not care about a large majority of his people? That is cruel and heartless," This look of determination glittered in her brown hued gaze, "I will do everything in my power to help you, Iliya, whatever potions I can make will be made. Including healing ones and others," Agni was a few tricks up her sleeves with the amount of dark magic she could acquire as well as help.

Lycan gave a small snort to himself. Now he definitely knew that one. It was clearly obvious from how the poor lived in run down homes with little income for large families. The wolf himself didn't even have a home to live in despite being a technical citizen; his parents still lived here and his siblings. Even growing up in the kingdom on the lesser side of the middleclass side, you'd have to be an idiot to not know.
Lycans' ears flicked back and he gave a scoff, "I'm not surprise. I grew up in this hell hole of a place, and lived near the poor sector of the kingdom. Those people are better off living in boxes than in those buildings known as 'homes'," He pushed his black hair from his face and took a seat down at the table once more, "I agree that its' terrible, but there was a reason so many left. Including myself," The wolf was being particularly stubborn about joining the efforts. Even with armor, he'd die quiet quickly if he even managed to get up to an enemy. Life sucked, but not enough to actually risk life for a cause that has been happening for decades, "Are we done yet? As much as I love some friendly faces, this party is a buzzkill and I have better things to do,"